clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
Re: t-shirts are cool

I was sad to see this rejected, but please vote for version 2 here!

kcastle411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcastle411
Re: Listen

Suhhweeet!

kcastle411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcastle411
Re: Forever

I love this one!

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
lyonscc wrote:*sigh*

Totally unhelpful rejection reason. It would be nice if, when artists spend hours on a design, they can actually understand why it was rejected (so as to avoid the same mistake in the future).

I sympathize with you--the first version of my design was rejected without a good reason. The only thing that I can think here is that the halftones are too small. I'm not an expert in this area at all, but typically halftones are large enough that you can see some fuzziness in the shirt comp image where they exist. I don't see that in your image. But if you're within woot's guidelines of 30 lpi (I think that's what it is) I don't know what to say.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Make Him Famous

Thanks everyone for your comments (public and private) and support. I really thought this design was going to be a mayor hit, but after so much thought, I believe this wasn't the right forum to bring a social theme like this. I just wanted to do my part, helping the cause a little bit as a designer.

Still, I'll donate the $50 to the Invisible Children movement. If you want to be included, doesn't matter if you voted for this design or not, please send me a private message with your name (last name is optional) and location.

Stay tuned to my blog for updates on the donation. I'll post the details soon.

Thanks once again, you guys rock!

craftiness1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craftiness1
Fujiko wrote:The idea is great, but the equal sign in the denominator bothers me.

Look closer. There's a slash through the equal sign, thus meaning "I is not equal to on"..That does make a difference

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: one
dreadwood wrote:Wow, this is a shirt I'd actually wear. I wish it was getting more votes. Awesome work on all of the little details Jasneko (: The thumbnail doesn't look like your usual work, I was pleasantly surprised to see the artist.

Thanks very much dreadwood! I wasn't sure what to put for the thumbnail, kept changing my mind between closeup and the whole thing. Maybe I chose wrong, because it's pretty low on votes;)
Glad you are noticing all the little details! Thanks again

lucky1988

Re: WHO - V2

The "W" is much clearer now with the added outline on the bow tie. Sweet!

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq
Re: Want a baloon?

Well it also has two colors, so it was destined to be rejected anyway.

lucky1988

Re: I love science

"She blinded me with Science!" +1

cxl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cxl
thatquietgir1 wrote:haha, I was thinking more like eternal life

Any way you can change the thumbnail? I think the way "forever" incorporates the ECG is really well done and classy; I'd think it would get more clicks than just the ECG spike.

omarfeliciano

Re: Walter's Laboratory

Cool shirt!

I just finished season 3 of Breaking Bad, now I want to wear this shirt and drive an RV across the desert...

That didn't sound good... lol

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
L3g3ndQ wrote:very cool!!! would like it even more if it said ELEET but thats just kuz it reminds me of Hackers B^P

I didn't think of that... But I agree that would probably be cooler.

orangefeesh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orangefeesh

oop

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
bounty42 wrote:The question is does the squence actually say something when translated.

Well I used a random number generator in excel to create all of the numbers so.... if it did that would be even cooler...

orangefeesh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orangefeesh
Re: PEW

16. The Fifth Element (ZF-1)

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Rats of NIMH (resub)

"We can't run this" means copywright issues, just because your internet research tells you NIMH isn't protected doesn't mean Woot's lawyers or supreme leaders agree.

To avoid this issue in the future I'd be more careful with your "parody" ideas

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Porcine Ridicule

haha! Voted!

marbenais

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marbenais
Re: Puppy L.O.V.E.

I've never hoped this much that a shirt wins & gets printed before, but HELLO ADORABLE PUPPIES I WANT YOU.

marbenais

Re: Read

This is amazing. Seriously, I am in awe. If this doesn't get printed in the Derby, you MUST find another way.

marbenais

Re: After All This Time

Why are all the shirts I really, really, really want "in the fog" with an unknown number of votes? :-(

This is beautiful. I don't see how anyone could see anything other than Harry Potter in the design.

spacegirlag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacegirlag
marbenais wrote:Why are all the shirts I really, really, really want "in the fog" with an unknown number of votes? :-(

This is beautiful. I don't see how anyone could see anything other than Harry Potter in the design.

in the fog is a good thing. those are the nine highest rated shirts. they don't show you the number of votes so no one knows until friday, saturday and sunday which of the nine shirts will be printed.

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
cxl wrote:Any way you can change the thumbnail? I think the way "forever" incorporates the ECG is really well done and classy; I'd think it would get more clicks than just the ECG spike.

I don't believe I can change the thumbnail without resubmitting the whole entry...

notnas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notnas

oh, yeah. i just noticed that blackboard heart thing too. Is that part? I love the shirt other than that!

superdooodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superdooodle
bluetuba wrote:Poor bambi's mom..

bambi? What you talk about? It symbolizes Snape's love for Lily!! Not frigging BAMBI!!

superdooodle

ginevragranger wrote:I want one but can't vote for some reason!

i thin you have to buy at least one shirt before you can vote.

superdooodle

ginevragranger wrote:I want one but can't vote for some reason!

i think you have to buy at least one shirt before you can vote.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
bairdmandust wrote:Sorry, I know there were already several tentacled submissions out there already, but Cthulhu made me do it. Cthulhu Fhtagn!

I thought Chtulhu was out in the Public Domain.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

superdooodle

Re: I See What You Did There

does anyone else SEE the faces at the top of the pillars?

lozano78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lozano78

This is my first time at shirt.woot AND with Flickr so please forgive me. LOL, geez. Um, I think this will show a close up of the details?

empirecloseup by hectorlozano78, on Flickr

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Empire: Come to the dark side...we have t-shirts!

since this isn't a parody, everything is WAY to close to the real deal to avoid rejection.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

omarfeliciano

ochopika wrote:That's silly, +1.
I'm still chuckling about Omar's comment in the pre-derby thread...poor guy.

I made an appointment with a shrink after that! lol

lozano78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lozano78

Crap. I wasn't sure. Since it's my first time here I looked at other designs and saw some I thought were borderline and figured *maybe* this would pass? :/

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko
craftiness1 wrote:Look closer. There's a slash through the equal sign, thus meaning "I is not equal to on"..That does make a difference

Yeah, I missed that.

minionofeckerd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages minionofeckerd

You know, he's a douuuuuughnut. It's American. He's a blankin doughnut!

bubbawhack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubbawhack
Re: Steampunk

I Would ware the Potty Emergency! out of this shirt

craftiness1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craftiness1
Re: Stare it in the Face

The gray lines seen are to indicate placement on shirt.
They are not part of the actual design.

horseyb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horseyb

Sheldon would wear this. Bazinga!

horseyb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horseyb
Re: Help Me Doctor!

Doctor? Doctor who? LOL...LOVE THIS SHIRT!