megmouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megmouse
Re: Forever

By far my favorite shirt! Awesome!

horseyb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horseyb
IgnatiusRiley wrote:Apparently the Mayans were right -- 2012 is the end of the world. It has to be, because I'm voting for a RamyB shirt. I'm a librarian so I pretty much have to buy this.

Actually, a friend recently posted a link on my FB account, and I don't remember the exact numbers, but it goes something like this: Since the Mayans didn't account for leap year, there were 545 (give or take) days unaccounted for, so the Mayan year of 2012 has already passed, thus, they DIDN'T predict the end of the world. Food for thought...

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
lozano78 wrote:Crap. I wasn't sure. Since it's my first time here I looked at other designs and saw some I thought were borderline and figured *maybe* this would pass? :/

It still might. But be prepared. I've been wrong lots.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

bethany3cat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bethany3cat
Re: t-shirt Fail

The question on my mind is thus:

If a Fail t-shirt fails to feature "Fail" in full does it fulfill its features?

Vote for me if you want me to succeed with my failure.

bethany3cat

bethany3cat wrote:The question on my mind is thus:

If a Fail t-shirt fails to feature "Fail" in full does it fulfill its features?

Vote for me if you want me to succeed with my failure.

Some might say it is Epic!

adorible2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adorible2
Re: Inconceivable (V2)

I like the design, but I find it hard to figure out the word with it on multiple lines.

I love this image you have with it all on one line though. I'd love to see that on a shirt instead. Even though the design would be smaller, I think it would be easier to read.

krissalus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krissalus
marbenais wrote:I've never hoped this much that a shirt wins & gets printed before, but HELLO ADORABLE PUPPIES I WANT YOU.

:D Thank you!!

----
Tweet.

krissalus

Re: Just a Scratch

I absolutely love the concept, but I'm a little disturbed by the number of arms on the ground...

----
Tweet.

auntieclo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages auntieclo
Mavyn wrote:FYI, woot related subjects are rejection-worthy. So...once they catch up from the time change, I suspect this will get the big red stamp.

Thanks for the heads-up, someone else mentioned a no Woot rule in the discussion site too.

krissalus

Re: Empire: Come to the dark side...we have t-shirts!

Even if this does get rejected, it'll still be awesome. I love the sketchy feel to it and I think the composition is great. I have to admit, though, that I can't figure out what the R is. Kinda ashamed right now XD

----
Tweet.

newfymom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newfymom

I love action at the grass roots level. This design is brilliant. I am already supporting the make him famous movement, but would definitely buy this.

newfymom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newfymom

This really is seriously cool. I love Steampunk and while I'm not a fan of spelling out what you like on a shirt, this design is so brilliantly developed, I would buy it.

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer
Re: After All This Time

I will be shocked if this doesn't print. Hell, I'll be shocked if it doesn't win.

Of course I'd never wear a Harry Potter shirt because I'm not a woman, a child, or cool enough to wear it ironically.

tomatosan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomatosan

Wallace Shawn.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: MAYDAY

It looks like just a random, artsy bunch of scribbles at first, and I mean that in a good way. GMV!

fishccy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishccy
superdooodle wrote:does anyone else SEE the faces at the top of the pillars?

I did see the faces, and that's why I kept looking at the black part of the design.

Thanks, guys, for the hints! Now I can see it...

JCPenelope87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JCPenelope87
Re: I love science

Very nice! Could you post a larger version of the design, please?

ApeLad

quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad
thewronggrape wrote:

In my opinion, things with a clipping mask do not meet the spirt of this derby.

Just a clarification: this isn't a mask slapped on a crowd drawing. The letters are part of the original idea:

brains on paper by Ape Lad, on Flickr

I don't know that this says anything to the point you were trying to make, but I thought it might be interesting to point out.
Also: as a regular derby entrant, I really appreciate the vagueness of the rules. It makes things interesting.
Thanks for commenting!

trbofr13nd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trbofr13nd
Re: we're not unreasonable

Welp, I don't give two craps if it's not exactly what they intended, I'd buy this thing easy!

Sig sig sig sig sig

maryzen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maryzen

Very funny =)

aj016

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aj016
krissalus wrote:Even if this does get rejected, it'll still be awesome. I love the sketchy feel to it and I think the composition is great. I have to admit, though, that I can't figure out what the R is. Kinda ashamed right now XD

It's Vader!

maryzen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maryzen
Sintail wrote:Just YES!!! This shirt instantly made me think of the Yes Dance! XD

(Apologies to those with tender ears, eyes, and sensibilities. Don't click the link, if so.)

That's a funny video =)

lonelypond

quality posts: 462 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Ninjas On My Shirt

fun

Merry Christmas shirtwoot!

rectangle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rectangle

I like the idea of the shirt, but I'd be horribly embarrassed if my lab equipment leaked like that/I couldn't pour a liquid without making such a huge mess. I don't like that the shirt is implying that chemistry is sloppy and the dripping liquid kinda just looks bad.

lonelypond

Re: one

This is so full of quirky fun details. Nice work, definitely needs more notice.

lonelypond

Re: Monster

a FIREFROGH monster seems to be the new irresistible...

lonelypond

Re: ZAP

ha!

lonelypond

Re: LOL

makes me want to both laugh and nap

momyji

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momyji
Re: Cute as a button

come on, peps. Who doesn't want a green tee? ;D Vote!

lozano78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lozano78

LOL.

ratherbesleepin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratherbesleepin
Re: Forever

I hope this one does well. Its one I'd actually wear. Good Luck!

climb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages climb
Re: One WORDS

I'm not TRYING to break all the rules...
Just pushing them a little.
Does one color include Black and White?
Can we have more than one color in the shirt detail (aside from the orange Woot tag)?

Oh... and Baskerville isn't a "fancy" font, is it?

: )

eyesore427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eyesore427
ochopika wrote:Totally! Next time just put a detail image in the shirt comp or post an image in the comments. If you don't know how, there is a link to the "formatting guide" at the bottom of the comment window while you're typing. I think that just showing a close-up will help people see how awesome your work is.

You should keep making derby entries and don't get discouraged. It just takes awhile to get noticed.

I'll remember it. Thanks a lot

bethany3cat

Re: one

Immediately when I saw this, strains of Bob Marley's "One Love" started playing in my head.
"One love, one heart, Let's get together and feel all right."

This shirt is great on multiple levels, but here are my three favorite things:

1. The green tone-on-tone looks really nice.
  2. The focus on aquatic creatures in the "e"pulls things together and prevents the ocean critters from seeming out place if they were mixed in with the land creatures.
  3. The Jetson 's style alien in the letter "N" made me giggle.

GMV!

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
Re: cool hwip

whoop-sh! whoop-sh! on a shirt, it says more about backbone than it does about dessert. so it makes a wonderful gift. l'amour! l'vote!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Mavyn wrote:How is this off topic? The girl is a w, then the stacks of books make up the e l l.

Bad call?

Well that makes more sense. I could never quite figure out what this was. I saw the two Ls but read them as an H for some reason.

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
lucky1988 wrote:Brilliant!

grazie! likewise!

bethany3cat

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=61572]I planned something fancier - but,

Meh is heather gray, like the mood.

I know that tons of you are going to want this t-shirt, but why vote? I mean life's too short, what's the point. Meh.

I'm setting my goals reasonably low, like, I'll try to get it in the derby... oh, wait, I succeeded. Meh.

Wow, I have three entries. Both Meh and Nom are in the dictionary. Fail, on the other hand, I couldn't find.

bethany3cat

DianaSprinkle wrote:Well that makes more sense. I could never quite figure out what this was. I saw the two Ls but read them as an H for some reason.

I have to admit I admired this illustration for several minutes, but failed to see the word. Like Diana, I saw the potential in the two "l's," but couldn't pull "well" out of it.

Thanks, Mavyn, for bringing me into the light. I thought this was beautifully rendered to begin with -- the picture detail says it all. The red/burgundy ink is a nice choice with the heather gray. The shading is impeccable. However, I'm with the rejectionator on this one -- I couldn't see a word. Even now, I'm struggling to superimpose the "w" on the young lady's form, and it just isn't working for me.

I love the picture overall, though.

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
Re: cool hwip

I laughed when I saw this. It would be awesome to MAKE my husband wear it haha.