chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
pyromike25 wrote:I Like Legos!

pretty cool. i like the color. the letters are really striking. plus i heart legos.

bethany3cat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bethany3cat
jabascus wrote:Critique aside I would wear this once a week until it disintegrated.

Although my skill and technique may grow from the critiques, my spirit is lifted by the generous compliments and occasional votes...

oh, wait... I've blown my cultivated perception of apathy ...

give me sec...

meh.

padfoot13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages padfoot13
llewaeya wrote:I think this would be so much better if it said "Run!" But, that's just me. Nice design.

Agreed! I would have absolutely been in for one if it said "Run"

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Grass

This doesn't match the rules for this week's derby, and you didn't place the design on a shirt template. Both of these reasons are enough to get your design rejected.

Recommend you remove this, see if you can make mods to reflect the theme (find a way to incorporate the letters g-r-a-s-s into the design) and put it on the shirt template available on the page where you submitted this.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Inner Energy

This doesn't match the rules for this week's derby, and you didn't place the design on a shirt template. Both of these reasons are enough to get your design rejected.

Recommend you remove this, see if you can make mods to reflect the theme and put it on the shirt template available on the page where you submitted this.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: one
lonelypond wrote:This is so full of quirky fun details. Nice work, definitely needs more notice.

Aw thanks lonelypond. No such luck so far, but I appreciate your comment!

bethany3cat wrote:Immediately when I saw this, strains of Bob Marley's "One Love" started playing in my head.
"One love, one heart, Let's get together and feel all right."

This shirt is great on multiple levels, but here are my three favorite things:

1. The green tone-on-tone looks really nice.
  2. The focus on aquatic creatures in the "e"pulls things together and prevents the ocean critters from seeming out place if they were mixed in with the land creatures.
  3. The Jetson 's style alien in the letter "N" made me giggle.

GMV!

Love all your observations bethany3cat!

Vote!

dukeboarder

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dukeboarder
Re: Forever

The med student in me wishes it was a more correct tracing, although it looks way better this way.

In for one if this makes it! Haven't seen a good medical shirt in a long time

chrslee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrslee
Re: Mutant

How is this only 85th? It's one of the best shirts in the derby!!!

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht
bobcrenshaw wrote:Is the binary in ascii code... and if so, what does it say?

The binary is ascii and says 1337 over and over

jacksorbetter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacksorbetter
jmgenens wrote:I love cats, but "cat shirts" really aren't my style.

THIS however I would totally wear!

I'm pulling for you, and hoping this heals my heart over the loss of the Dali inspired T that didn't make it this weekend.

I loved your Dali inspired T.... Along with many other people. Keep up the great work.

jodiwickman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodiwickman
princessbunny wrote:Just an opinion, not a fact.
Disagree with statements, you can't disagree with a person's feelings. I'm allowed to feel how I feel, as are you.
Have some respect! You Rick Rolling Fiend!

Princessbunny, I couldn't help but notice the somewhat immature comment you left about Inconceivable. You are absolutely "allowed to feel how [you] feel" but you might also want to listen to your own advice: have some respect! Why not frame your criticism with some helpful comments? What would you do to change the submission? What do you like about it?

zsadistic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zsadistic
steveylypc wrote:A real thinking mind came up with this one! I will buy for sure.

I like it. Will buy for sure if available.

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
TiraNomChu wrote:

AND they're the two I voted for. I like the way you two think :-)

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
thewronggrape wrote:Actually, I knew you didn't use a clipping mask because I saw your pre-derby sketches. I just meant the end result in general could be achieved with a clipping mask, albeit with less skill and artistry, instead of using objects oriented in such a way to form art. (I think you know what I mean.) I wasn't targeting this entry specifically, just that this derby has various interpretations and I could see how other artists could get frustrated if they thought they had to do something a specific way, only to see that they could have used a different approach. I'm surprised to see entries made up of letters formed with letters/numbers, but if it's good enough for Woot, it's good enough for me!

I totally get what you're saying. Sorry if I came across as snarky.

alexj182

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexj182
Re: ROBOT

Great Work!

krillah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krillah
ochopika wrote:I wanted to do something different this time, though I bet this will be a tough derby. I did enjoy making this design and I hope y'all like it

Gimme gimme gimme.

The design is great, and I really like that it's off center.

jeleavitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeleavitt
Re: Meow

very cute.love the lettering!

lundbera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lundbera
Re: After All This Time

I've never commented on a shirt design before, but I am absolutely in love with Severus Snape and think he is the true hero in Harry Potter. I want this shirt SO badly. PLEASE PRINT IT WOOT! I got raging goosebumps after seeing this and teared up a bit. How sad is that? xD I love it!!

hochimint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hochimint
Re: Seven Kingdoms

If the shirt is called Seven Kingdoms there should be a rose(House Tyrell of The Reach) and a sun pierced by a spear(House Martell of Dorne)instead of the squid and the dragon. Although it would probably be difficult to spell anything meaningful to the series with two extra 'O' shapes.

Series inaccuracies aside, I really like the lettering.

juntaland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juntaland
lyonscc wrote:Why do you think Cookie Monster's got googlie eyes?

I figured that was what made him blue

jabascus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabascus
Re: Boo Bees

First genuine attempt for me. I'm not happy with my line thickness but overall I like it.

molslagel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages molslagel
Re: Tools of the Trade

I am absolutely in LOVE with this show. I have been watching it since the beginning. I love how you incorporated the tools they use to make the word hunter. Fantastic. I really hope this shirt wins. It will be sad if it doesn't. There aren't enough Supernatural shirts in this world.

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
Re: SHINE

Wants!!!

piwerx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piwerx
Re: Fungi

Whose got two thumbs and is a 'fun guy'?

jabascus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabascus
Re: Set Sail Upon the Open Screen

cool but off topic

greenlightgo722

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenlightgo722
jabascus wrote:cool but off topic

I dont see how it is offtopic...

The word is "Pirate", the artist used a pirate map to look like a computer screen, implying an internet pirate...

It makes as much sense as some of the other derby entries!

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
Re: LIFE

Copious amounts of animals, including tons of birds? Oh, sir, you have one my vote and my heart. Good luck!

ydnarb81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ydnarb81
Re: After All This Time

You know this is a nice shirt but it in NO WAY follows the theme. This should be rejected from this derby and resubmitted in a more appropriate one. Sorry

Bre

amykeniston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amykeniston
Re: LIFE

Reminds me of an Animal Planet logo. Maybe you should call them ;)

bethany3cat

caramelarrow wrote:Truly Cool! A must print and a must buy!

Love the tee from concept to execution. Plus the charitable element gives it an additional feel good.

I commend the coordinator and the coordination; it's flawless--each artist is recognizable, yet the gestalt has a sense of continuity that implies an adept hand at setting parameters that allowed the disparate pieces to unite seamlessly. Oh, and the choice of that ink color on that tee is a resounding success.

Congrats to all of you for being part of something that is beautiful inside and out. Woot needs to jump on this one, not only as a tee, but also as a poster.

They could send a bunch of them round robin to you guys so that you could all have a multiple autographed copy since you're not being compensated... Oooh, and everyone who buys the poster by a certain time could be entered to win one special framed autographed version.

I Want One!

Since I'm new to Shirt.woot, my collection is small, but I can lop all of you off my bucket list with one buy! (Believe me, I've fallen in love with you all --it won't be that easy for me to get my tee fix.)

In keeping with your Word of this day, I don't know if it is okay to ask this here, but I have an idea for a T-hreadless contest for CARE. Does anyone have an interest in collaborating with a N-OOB?It doesn't have to be one of the luminaries who participated in this project. Anyone? Bueller?

bltindustries

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bltindustries
Re: Become

I think this actually takes the derby to a whole new level. Its not just a word like "magic" that's made of magic things or the word cheese made of cheese. It is pure art, which is what i think the woot guys wanted all along.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

this is a great one!:D:D:D

bethany3cat

Re: Become

This looks quite lovely.

Can you post a link to a larger version?

I also suggest that if you can do it fast enough, you should resub with white ink on a dark blue, although gold on light blue or silver might be nice, too.

Unfortunately, from my screen, I don't get enough contrast between you text and your tee to make out your beautiful art. [plus, a lot of Woot buyers do not prefer white tees.]

However, thus really does appear to be great artwork -- I would just love a closer look, and more contrast!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
jebalaya wrote:this would make a good Lebowski Fest t-shirt. The baby blue color really ties the shirt together.

Thanks! I may be biased, but I think it would be a good Lebowski Fest shirt, too.

bigpauly85 wrote:CDREWLOW treats objects like women man!

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Pre-War Casualwear

RAD.

---Spiritgreen

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bethany3cat wrote:Your second point was that it was off topic since it was just drawn out ...I guess I don't understand the rules, [And here I thought other people weren't following them.] or I'm doing a poor job communicating my idea through the picture, or both. The illustration is supposed to show an incomplete stencil of sorts that the word "meh" would have been in, but the painters didn't give a flip so they just freehanded it.

I see. From that perspective, it's only marginally off topic, or rather, it's a bit meta-topic, since the letters are the art vs composed of some artistic elements. I'll buy that (not literally).

Finally, I would like to figure out how to get the Sig line right, but when I just put a link to the thumbnail, it folds and needs to be scrolled, which led to a staffer pm'ing me and asking me to fix it. So I just went in, combined the three thumbnails and sized them down, but they are stored together, which means I can't link up to them individually.

For much signature magic, use the code below:
[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=61467][img=100x100]http://derbyimages.woot.com/3582465/66ca6a3a-d89a-48b8-9310-ad6a3645a2b2.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=61528][img=100x100]http://derbyimages.woot.com/3582465/ee6fc63a-c506-495b-a983-da91d227838b.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=61572][img=100x100]http://derbyimages.woot.com/3582465/9e6e4c4c-f408-4f52-ac92-636be6daec60.jpg[/img][/url]

the result will look like this:

move along

JDSardone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JDSardone
Sind wrote:I would have bought it if it weren't for the "Imago Dei" at the end =/

+1 for "Imago Dei"

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
jacksorbetter wrote:I loved your Dali inspired T.... Along with many other people. Keep up the great work.

I believe the poster was referring to THIS entry by cpresti. Just want to be sure I give credit where credit is due. Especially since I really enjoyed this design also. Thankfully, woot! awarded it an honorable mention and we all get another shot at voting it up in the next double take.

Thank you so much everyone for the comments so far, they're amazing. This shirt was a blast to create and I have my fingers crossed for this weekend.

JDSardone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JDSardone
Re: Don't be a ....

I need this, as a gift for a friend, He is a .... Home builder!

shellbell330

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shellbell330
princessbunny wrote:The difference between this one and the one that was rejected is so very slight. Why is this still here?

The difference is that the first one had celebrity likenesses whereas this one does not.