Narfcake

quality posts: 289 Private Messages Narfcake
psaux wrote:I thought Anvil had mixed production locations, meaning that "USA" being listed wouldn't necessitate it being AA. Of course, I do hope I'm wrong on that.

The Anvil (980) shirts that Woot uses are made in Honduras.

If it's USA, they're AA blanks.

psaux

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psaux
Narfcake wrote:The Anvil (980) shirts that Woot uses are made in Honduras.

If it's USA, they're AA blanks.

Thank you, Narfcake. My order is now in.

xsmilez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages xsmilez

Goldfish are freshwater fish so it wouldn't be able to survive in the ocean. Think about it this way: he's just using that fishbowl to see the world

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
xsmilez wrote:Goldfish are freshwater fish so it wouldn't be able to survive in the ocean. Think about it this way: he's just using that fishbowl to see the world

All this gloom, and I think you're on to something completely right about this. Well spotted!

I'm just hanging out, really.

aeidein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeidein

oh man, awesome design! I love all of patrickspens's stuff.
I'd buy this one if it were $10...

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

yay! ive been rooting for this design in 2 derbies, and just when i gave up all hope, to the rescue comes Woot staff!
\o/

cptgone

btw, this is my 6th patrickspens shirt, putting him firmly in the lead (wish there was an easy way to see who i voted for the most).

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

unless there is a cap on that bowl that sucker's on it's way down.

pfffft!

Archangel98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Archangel98

Finding Nemo anyone.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama
xsmilez wrote:Goldfish are freshwater fish so it wouldn't be able to survive in the ocean. Think about it this way: he's just using that fishbowl to see the world

Who says it is the ocean- t-shirt condition says "unsalted" so that would imply a lake.

Goldfish actually do have fairly high salt-tolerance and if conditioned slowly can live in water with fairly high salt levels. They can tolerate brackish water if not full-blown ocean water.

Oh- and for the curious they do have a product "Magical Water" that allows fresh and salt water fish to inhabit the same tank- note mix of freshwater and saltwater species in same tank... (although all the freshwater species in this tank have fairly high salt tolerances)

spavlis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spavlis

What happened to the annual Pi Day shirt?!?

Woot!, you've changed man. Save the fish for tomorrow. Gimme my pi!!!

btalarczyk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages btalarczyk

Really?!? I thought we would get a cool math topic shirt on Pie π Day. Too bad, I really like the funny and geeky math shirts!

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

Reminds me of Finding Nemo at the end where the fish tank fish escaped to the ocean in plastic baggies.

Also:
It's Pi Day, Pi Day! Gotta get down on Pi Day!

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I didn't even know goldfish could frown!

DarbX1605

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarbX1605

Awesome. Voted for this shirt twice, nice to editor's pick being used wisely.

Thank goodness it's on AA, in for 1.

Bring back American Apparel

danlecompte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danlecompte
aeidein wrote:oh man, awesome design! I love all of patrickspens's stuff.

Maybe I'm missing something but I just can't understand this. You're willing to throw away $10 on a frivolous t-shirt that you don't need but $2 more is over the line? Do you never go out to eat or buy fast food or a coffee or anything else that isn't a strict necessity? It's ok to occasionally (maybe really frequently, I don't know you) waste $5 on a burger/latte/whatever but you won't put up two bucks to get a shirt you think is an "awesome design!" from an artist that you absolutely love???

Is it on principle to protest woot's greedy price increase? It happened, it's not going to change or revert back; if woot had seen the crippling drop in sales you all hope you're bringing about, then they would have dropped the price back down. To quote a very tired phrase, it is what it is bro.

This seems as silly as the people boycotting the non-USA shirts. Is it the company or the shirts that you're protesting? If it's the company, even if you only buy the American made shirts from them you're still supporting a company that chooses to sell imported goods. If it's the shirts and you'll only ever buy USA shirts, look in your closet and get rid of the tons of other imported clothes that you had no problem buying. Or make sure that every new item of clothing you buy from now on is made in the USA. What, that would be too hard/impossible? Yeah, nice protesting only when it's convenient for you.

Enough, no one cares anymore (...except for me apparently, since I'm responding). Either get over the changes that happened and start buying the shirts that you'd love to have again, or move on completely from shirt.woot and stop spamming your ineffective complaints that everyone has heard far too many times already.

/rant off

wahoom1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wahoom1
ApeLad wrote:This is how it feels to take public transit.

No, this is how I wish it felt to take public transit. Took a nice sticky Metro ride this morning smushed up against all the other fish. Really makes you appreciate having your own bowl/car.

merichmond

quality posts: 1 Private Messages merichmond

I'm mildly autistic, and I have to say that this shirt represents how I've felt most of my life. You can see what everybody else is doing but something invisible keeps you separate from them.

I prefer to believe that he's just sightseeing.

XrayAnime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages XrayAnime

I also grew up in NYC and often wish I had a bubble to protect me while riding the crowded subway lol

Thank you PatrickPens, this is the second shirt I will buy that you designed.

pflieger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pflieger
jagendorf wrote:Way to go Patrickspens! Another print to add to your collection.

Number fifteen by my count.

SilverRose99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SilverRose99

Reminds me of Finding Nemo. Cute

Whisk33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Whisk33

This is like a fish version of bubble boy.

ladynightshade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladynightshade

Reminds me a lot of this photograph

http://kelc.deviantart.com/art/Almost-58298129

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama
danlecompte wrote:Maybe I'm missing something but I just can't understand this. You're willing to throw away $10 on a frivolous t-shirt that you don't need but $2 more is over the line?

I understand his sentiment completely. The $2 made a big difference for me too. (and no, I wouldn't pay $2 for a cup of coffee). I personally don't wear graphic tees. The wife can't wear them because she has breasts.

So I shop for the kids.

We bargain shop for all of us- most kids tees we pay about $5- so even the $10 it used to be was only for special tees from woot... I would grimmace and grit my teeth but shell out the $10.

I've not bought any since it went up to $12... There have been three or four I almost did- and would have if they were $10 still.

I've not ruled out buying a $12 tee for the kids from woot. It just has to be something even more special.

I think $12 is absolutely reasonable for an adult tee. If I wore tee-shirts I'd pay that price. It's just for kids stuff it started out at twice what I normally would pay to begin with- so any increase would dramatically drop how much I bought.

kevinstallings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinstallings

Unless this is salt water...then he is good where he is.

aeidein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeidein
danlecompte wrote:Maybe I'm missing something but I just can't understand this. You're willing to throw away $10 on a frivolous t-shirt that you don't need but $2 more is over the line? Do you never go out to eat or buy fast food or a coffee or anything else that isn't a strict necessity? It's ok to occasionally (maybe really frequently, I don't know you) waste $5 on a burger/latte/whatever but you won't put up two bucks to get a shirt you think is an "awesome design!" from an artist that you absolutely love???

Is it on principle to protest woot's greedy price increase? It happened, it's not going to change or revert back; if woot had seen the crippling drop in sales you all hope you're bringing about, then they would have dropped the price back down. To quote a very tired phrase, it is what it is bro.

This seems as silly as the people boycotting the non-USA shirts. Is it the company or the shirts that you're protesting? If it's the company, even if you only buy the American made shirts from them you're still supporting a company that chooses to sell imported goods. If it's the shirts and you'll only ever buy USA shirts, look in your closet and get rid of the tons of other imported clothes that you had no problem buying. Or make sure that every new item of clothing you buy from now on is made in the USA. What, that would be too hard/impossible? Yeah, nice protesting only when it's convenient for you.

Enough, no one cares anymore (...except for me apparently, since I'm responding). Either get over the changes that happened and start buying the shirts that you'd love to have again, or move on completely from shirt.woot and stop spamming your ineffective complaints that everyone has heard far too many times already.

/rant off

I'm in profound debt, so I do try to be frugal. And while I don't feel too bad about spending money on something practical like a shirt, I spend with reserve (I've only bought 2 tees since 2006), and you have to draw the line somewhere - even though it's still a lot for me, I draw the line at $10. For the record, I don't care where the shirts are made, only how much they cost (all but a few of the t-shirts I own were obtained for free.) A 20% price increase pushes it over that line, meaning I probably won't be buying a shirt unless it's hand-painted by van Gogh, and even then only maybe.

If $2 is really that inconsequential to you, would you be willing to subsidize my purchases?
I didn't think so.

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin

hollyhall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollyhall

I, too, was looking for the cool pi/pie shirt you have had in the past! What happened to pi day??

danlecompte

seahokedrama wrote:I understand his sentiment completely. The $2 made a big difference for me too.

I understand it feeling like too much money. I pretty much only ever shop at Kohl's and have a hard time paying anything more than the ultra sale prices (basically regular prices, I realize their "retail price" is jacked way up) for even my nice work clothes. $12 for a kid's shirt is really steep and I wouldn't buy many either.

If you would have bought 3-4 at $10 and spent $40, you might let yourself splurge occasionally and get a couple at $12 without feeling so guilty

However, I have a feeling (unverified) that most of the squawking is coming from adults. $12 is a reasonable price for a fun shirt that you really like. Yes I would love it if they were still $10 but if I see one I really want then it's easy enough to cut $2 out of my spending somewhere else. I'd venture a guess that the $12 these people aren't spending on woot shirts isn't getting saved or invested, just 'wasted' in a different, less obvious way throughout their week.

danlecompte

aeidein wrote:I'm in profound debt, so I do try to be frugal. And while I don't feel too bad about spending money on something practical like a shirt, I spend with reserve (I've only bought 2 tees since 2006), and you have to draw the line somewhere - even though it's still a lot for me, I draw the line at $10. For the record, I don't care where the shirts are made, only how much they cost (all but a few of the t-shirts I own were obtained for free.) A 20% price increase pushes it over that line, meaning I probably won't be buying a shirt unless it's hand-painted by van Gogh, and even then only maybe.

If $2 is really that inconsequential to you, would you be willing to subsidize my purchases?
I didn't think so.

I really respect your budgeting and frugality, especially having a cutoff line and sticking to it. That's really hard to do and getting out of debt is something that far too few of us ever attempt.

My rant was aimed at the people who admittedly used to spend $100s on woot shirts a year but now refuse to. Apologies for lumping you in with that crowd.

My opinion still stands against them though, and the USA-only group too ;)

cptgone

aeidein wrote:oh man, awesome design! I love all of patrickspens's stuff.

but but... this shirt is Almost Free!

OK i'll get my coat now.

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca
danlecompte wrote:I really respect your budgeting and frugality, especially having a cutoff line and sticking to it. That's really hard to do and getting out of debt is something that far too few of us ever attempt.

My rant was aimed at the people who admittedly used to spend $100s on woot shirts a year but now refuse to. Apologies for lumping you in with that crowd.

My opinion still stands against them though, and the USA-only group too ;)

Honestly, I can live with things built outside the U.S. I do it everyday when I use a piece of electronics equipment. But to have a price hike plus outsourcing plus lower quality (from all the other threads) equals me, and others, not happy.

robotron2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robotron2000

Is this like an airplane for fish?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
cptgone wrote:but but... this shirt is Almost Free!

OK i'll get my coat now.

I'm just hanging out, really.

starck22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starck22

Does anyone know where to get this in a large resolution? I'd love to make this my wallpaper!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

There's often an emotional depth to Patrick's designs that gives them more value than just the (awesome) surface art. I can see why this one was an irresistable EC.

Whether it's about feelings of isolation or venturing beyond your little world is debatable without an explanation from the artist, but I think either way it creates a story many people can relate to. And it sure looks nice.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Must. Have. Fishy.

I voted for this twice and now it will go very nicely with my Playing Koi fishies, also by Patrick.

Must. Have. Fishy.

07/11/14

imaudi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imaudi

Wait a sec, how would that float?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: cheyenne164
Last purchase time: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 11:59:10 PM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 2.033s
Woot wage: $3,752.19
Woots sold: 1392

Last wooter to woot: cheyenne164
Last purchase time: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 11:59:10 PM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 1.944s
Woot wage: $3,752.19
Woots sold: 1394

Last wooter to woot: bswenson80
Last purchase time: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 12:06:59 AM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 2.236s
Woot wage: $3,731.92
Woots sold: 1395

First day sales 1394

neonlime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonlime

It's ironic that 'Almost Free' sits at 21 in the reckoning.

shadowhyphen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowhyphen

Now, little buddy, you ARE free! Swim, swim away from that cruel pond called The Reckoning. We will meet again in a far place of the ocean. Good bye!