mirabellevox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mirabellevox

YAY! I'm so excited this made it, I was voting every day for it in the derby and I can't believe it was never in the fog.
Insta-buy!

klaatu1721

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klaatu1721

The color description is incomplete. It should read:

where once the dinosaurs roamed, there is now asphalt made from recycled dinosaurs.

sgrizzle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgrizzle

How does everyone not see that it's Razzledazzle?

cmaxelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmaxelson

Dinosaurs AND tabletop geekiness? Instant buy, even though I only roll 6's. In for one

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Growing up with dinosaur posters on my wall, playing AD&D in my lunchbreaks at school... finally it's all worthwhile.

I'm SO pleased to have this print, thanks for changing my luck this week, Woot team.

I love the write-up too, I think it's my favorite one ever. "high-pitched, nasal roars" :D

Thanks to everyone who believed in this design!

idontkn1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages idontkn1
lisonallie wrote:Why does the triceratops have facial hair?

To which I reply: "Why not"

It's not like that is the only anachronism in the scene. Just another element pushing the improbability level closer to 11.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

For some reason I see that more likely to happen with the rolling of a 1 :P

Players: "We head out for adventure!"
DM: "Roll for random encounters."
Players (all roll same number): "A one?"

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

He's a wizard, Harry.

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
scottjl wrote:Is this a repeat? I can swear I've seen this image before, or perhaps it was "inspired" by another t-shirt I saw elsewhere..?

Are you thinking of the one with the dinosaurs happily watchng stars fall with only one of them looking up in terror at the giant killer star heading for them? That's one of my favorite designs ever. this immediately reminded me of it.

Unfortunately, I like the idea and the general art, but the way the stego is portrayed bothers me (I didn't even recognize it at first due to the wonky proportions). I love the t-rex, but the other two just seem to be...sitting there. Not really interacting with anything. Also, the die feels like it's floating in front of them instead of flying towards them. The whole thing feels very..stiff.

Sorry for the art crit...I just figured it'd be helpful for future endeavors or something. o.0 Overall though, i like it. It's just the little things bother me too much to spend 12 (or 10) bucks on it.

theant

quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant

I sometimes see posts criticizing the littlest things... now it's my turn.

If you take a look at a die-twenty there is a specific and predictable pattern to the order of the numbers on the faces of the die. This shirt does not acutely show the "correct" order. But I like it. I bought it. And if I had designed it I would also have likely used my own set of numbers around the face of the 20.

Spiritgreen

theant wrote:
If you take a look at a die-twenty there is a specific and predictable pattern to the order of the numbers on the faces of the die. This shirt does not acutely show the "correct" order. But I like it. I bought it. And if I had designed it I would also have likely used my own set of numbers around the face of the 20.

I based it on my own d20, there are a few variations to the number positions on gaming die but I made sure this was one of the common, standard arrangements. This stuff matters.

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

Is it just me or does this shirt and the Derby winners have very similar color palettes to each other along with similarly grey shirts? They are all fine designs, but a little more variety would be nice especially for the EC's. But again, I seem to think/post this very same thought every DTD.

kikathumper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kikathumper

Obviously to show that he's a wizard ;)

Kikathumper

hmglass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hmglass
scottjl wrote:Is this a repeat? I can swear I've seen this image before, or perhaps it was "inspired" by another t-shirt I saw elsewhere..?

it was a derby entry weeks... months ago! I love it!

meteormoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meteormoe

Because he is the Wizard!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Congrats Spirit! The bearded and moustached Triceratops wizard is my favorite!

DarkElf2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarkElf2001

i love this shirt!

queenmob

quality posts: 8 Private Messages queenmob

I just returned from almost being killed by a gelatinous cube last night, so my sympathy for this adventuring party is great!

Love it. I bought one!

illustration: www.jung-comics.com
shirts: www.jung-shirts.com

wombrat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wombrat

Because, he's a WIZARD. Facial hair is mandatory ('ceptin' for Harry Potter).

SirLancelittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirLancelittle

One of my favorite woot shirts ever. I was so sad when it didn't print it the first derby. Shocked when it didn't even make the fog in the double take. But then the EC came through, I was so excited!

Woot, you kept me waiting all week long, taunting me with good shirts, but not showing me the one EC I wanted. And finally on Thursday, when I'd given up hope... BAM! I couldn't click buy fast enough.

alchemistmerlin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alchemistmerlin

Dungeons and Dragons AND dinosaurs?!

It's like this shirt came from my soul!

I even have the same facial hair as that triceratops...which is actually rather odd now that I've typed it out.

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun

Haven't there been like three other shirts like this printed on shirt.woot! over the last two years or so?

AJLo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AJLo

Reminds me of "Unprepared"

I own that one and would definitely buy this one, except shirt.woot jacked up their prices and started selling the designs on cheaper shirts.

jeffathomp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffathomp

Wabafet use Counter!

Wabafet used Counter!

Wabafet's attack missed!

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

Never mind the meteor, 'cause that party didn't have a chance to begin with. They got no Cleric.

JesusQuintana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JesusQuintana

I wish it didn't actually say critical hit on the bottom. I'll probably try to gray it out with a sharpie or paint.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Getting one for my friend's birthday. He just invited my wife and I to our first D&D experience, and he has a deep and abiding love for shirts that tell the tale the dice dictate.

dansich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dansich

This shirt didn't really require a caption.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

I don't play these games, but this is a really neat design. I love the expressions! Congrats on the print.

07/11/14

Spiritgreen

Thanks so much for the great reception to this one. ^___^

Kelshir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kelshir

As soon as I saw this I knew I had to get it for my son, but just in case I asked my sons godfather and instantly got back "Oh My Gookie! yes". So I bought it for my son. :D

lonelypond

quality posts: 418 Private Messages lonelypond

I like how the T Rex looks like he/she is going to try to knock it back to the moon. One of the cuter apocalypse scenarios I've seen in a year full of 'em.

samuraikurisu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samuraikurisu
loaba wrote:Never mind the meteor, 'cause that party didn't have a chance to begin with. They got no Cleric.

I hope someone picked up some cross-class skills in Cleric, unless the Wizard has been poofing everything in sight before it reaches the rest of the party....

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie

Reminds me of this one I purchased previously:

http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=6448

I ordered this one as well, because it's just too cute. Fingers crossed that the new women's small size isn't ridiculously gigantic.

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete
lukas32 wrote:(sigh) Disappointing. Oh well, maybe next week. Hooray for everyone who wanted this shirt.

take heart, there's still probably 3 more days of editor's picks. The next derby doesn't even start until tomorrow.

baillard

quality posts: 6 Private Messages baillard

I really like the fact that the shirt is titled, I assumed they all were until I bought "It came out of nowhere"

Where did I put my my quill and inkpot?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: zebrezee
Last purchase time: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 11:57:45 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 38.170s
Woot wage: $3,755.94
Woots sold: 2260

Last wooter to woot: zebrezee
Last purchase time: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 11:57:45 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 38.153s
Woot wage: $3,755.94
Woots sold: 2261

Last wooter to woot: yduckett
Last purchase time: Friday, March 16, 2012, 12:01:21 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 38.232s
Woot wage: $3,746.54
Woots sold: 2262

First day sales 2261

Spiritgreen

My sales ticker says 2261 for the first day. :^)

dinska

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dinska

Very glad to see this print. I bought a nice shade of orange nail polish to match, and am waiting patiently for it to arrive.

hagenfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hagenfamily

We've bought three of these, and our hypothesis is that he holds it in his mouth, and uses both forelimbs.