ZeroSumHappiness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZeroSumHappiness

Darn. One more shirt I would buy on an AA blank. Oh well, $12 stays in my pocket I guess.

Neopluto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Neopluto

Woah-- how did I not notice that shirts are now TWELVE instead of $10?!
This makes shirtwoot sad for me now...
Twas a cute shirt... not sure if I'm getting

noveleagle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noveleagle

I bought it but I wish I'd had a color choice.

Blessed be,

Jay

walmazan

quality posts: 59 Private Messages walmazan

So glad you won! Really clever!

Congrats collinvh!

steviethev03

quality posts: 15 Private Messages steviethev03
enaych wrote:Everyone knows,"Curiosity killed the cat," but how many know that the full expression includes, "but satisfaction brought it back"?

at least 3 or 4 people who posted before you.

maggi123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maggi123

Slam on Kony 2012??

darthmormon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthmormon

Did you know the full saying is actually "Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back again" ? Well, now you do.

andrewtl

quality posts: 20 Private Messages andrewtl

do British cats get 10 lives?
C.U.R.I.O.U.S.I.T.Y

pfffft!

rennieowl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rennieowl

this offends me. no, seriously, it does.

albie1977

quality posts: 1 Private Messages albie1977
vladistov wrote:And: 9 x 9 = 81 . . . 8 + 1 is 9 . . . the 9th letter of the alphabet is 'I' . . . 'I' is the first letter in the name of the Egyptian goddess Isis . . . 'Daughter of Isis' was one title of Bast . . . Bast was the Egyptian goddess of cats . . .

I don't know where this is leading, but something tells me that Tom Hanks is going to figure it out!

Dude, you MUST be a "Lost" fan. I am too. I miss that show.

Nemo me impune lacessit

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

Up close, I can't read anything. From far away Its clear as day. Awesome!!!

steviethev03

quality posts: 15 Private Messages steviethev03
darthmormon wrote:Did you know the full saying is actually "Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back again" ? Well, now you do.

Again, yes. We were told that numerous times by people who posted before you.

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet

It's not curiosity killing our cats, it's kidney disease.

I usually get the cat shirts, I won't be getting this one.

albie1977

quality posts: 1 Private Messages albie1977

I'm a dog person, but I see why outlining dead cats looks funny (or cute, for the ladies).

Then I pictured oulined dead dogs and it wasn't funny anymore. There goes my purchase.

Congrats on the print though!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Narfcake

quality posts: 272 Private Messages Narfcake
Neopluto wrote:Woah-- how did I not notice that shirts are now TWELVE instead of $10?!
This makes shirtwoot sad for me now...
Twas a cute shirt... not sure if I'm getting

That happened two months ago.

So I may as well tell you they changed the blanks too ...

(Gratuitously copy/pasted from ThunderThighs ...)
DISCUSSION THREADS

Inflational Material: Daily Shirt.Woot Prices Go Up By $2
Main Anvil Thread
Lady Sizes
American Apparel and Anvil: A comparison
New shirt blanks - active testing from community folks

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301

This shirt is extremely well done. The details are amazing, all the way down to the crack in the concrete and the texture of both the concrete and the metal. Very impressive.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
calebmitchell wrote:Baaaaaaah, all these catty puns! Wait a minute...

Seriously though, I am highly tempted to purchase this for one of my best friends, but she is a serious cat lover, so I'm not sure how she'd take this. Although...she does have a warped sense of humor. Hrrrrm...

I feel like I should check in, as a cat lover and a warped sense of humor. I think this is kind of cute. As pointed out above, the detail IS amazing.

I think the bigger questions are:
How does she feel about wearing words across her chest?
How does she feel about the color grey?

Personally, I'm not into wearing words so I'm not into this shirt, but I appreciate the design and the pun involved as a cat lover.

=^.^=

I'm just hanging out, really.

kanedax

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kanedax

You know, normally I'd think that I'm getting sick of the pile of cat shirts that come across this site...

but this is bloody brilliant.

Woot x13
ShirtWoot x26
KidsWoot x5

caramelarrow

quality posts: 12 Private Messages caramelarrow

WOW! There seems to be a lot of people (mostly those who identify themselves as cat lovers, and I love cats, too), who are missing the point of this shirt. This is not a shirt about cats, dead or otherwise. This is a shirt about curiosity. Using other entries in the fog as an example.... "After all this time" is not about a deer, "Read" is not about a dragon or a pig, and "Seed of hope" is not about a plant. It's about hope.

Relax. Breathe. This shirt is about CURIOSITY.

FretlessM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FretlessM
j5 wrote:

Also: As I was going to St. Ives, I met a cat with many lives....or something.

It goes "As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives. Every wife had seven sacks. Every sack had seven cats. Every cat had seven kids. Kids, cats, sacks, wives... how many were going to St. Ives?"

=) So yeah, the cats were in there somewhere.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

I think this is a supremely clever design with multiple levels to it! If you find this morbid, then you must find the cliche "curiosity killed the cat" morbid too, no? The chalk visuals are chalk outlines of the word curiosity and just so happen to be in cat form, implying that a curious cat or group of cats used their nine lives in different curiosity-induced ways.

It's an amazingly clever and well thought out design, and the execution adds a lot of commentability to the shirt without overwhelming it. for a glace, some might question it then "get it" and if they bother to continue staring at your chest (awkwaaard) they'll see the crime scene in its entirety.

Basically; HATERS TO THE LEFT AND LONG LIVE THE CAT. Great job collin

enzo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages enzo01

How do we know this isn't the work of a serial cat killer that goes by the name "Curiosity"? Sounds like a case for the detectives of major case squad.

GONG GONG

cordydan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cordydan

The full saying is, "Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought him back."
The second half kind of invalidates the first half.

cordydan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cordydan
cordydan wrote:The full saying is, "Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought him back."
The second half kind of invalidates the first half.

I guess I'm not the first person to point this out.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
FretlessM wrote:It goes "As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives. Every wife had seven sacks. Every sack had seven cats. Every cat had seven kids. Kids, cats, sacks, wives... how many were going to St. Ives?"

=) So yeah, the cats were in there somewhere.

Yep thanks!

move along

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey

1. I LOVE cats AND I LOVE this shirt! GJ artist.

2. Why couldn't this have printed AFTER I received my first Anvil shirt? I don't think it will get here till Monday so I don't know if I want a women's or a men's size

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Congrats Collin , I knew this was going to end up 1st , really nice!

cwarfield82

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwarfield82

Was hoping this would take 1st!! First buy on anvil though, fingers crossed..

Now for Ochopika's 'Seed of Hope' to take 2nd and I'm all set

zcbmarne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zcbmarne

I know it's been a while since I bought a tee, but didn't they used to be 10 bucks or was it always 12?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen
andrewtl wrote:do British cats get 10 lives?
C.U.R.I.O.U.S.I.T.Y

Yes. Fortunately we do. :^)

Congrats Collin! I had this placed in the top 3 for sure. If only for the comic book artist level of attention to detail in the background.

Great shirt!

K is 4 Kodi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages K is 4 Kodi

since when did shirts become $12??

Narfcake

quality posts: 272 Private Messages Narfcake

Spotsmom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Spotsmom

Brilliant and appealing, even if you don't notice the images spell out words! And on Anvil! I'm eager to get one in a size that fits women with a chest, finally. The AAs are nice quality, but while waist fits, chest is always too stretched. Going in for one, and maybe for my curvy college kid, too.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

Dear Woot,

I represent Curiosity's law firm and would like to request you stop spreading false rumours.

Your shirt is running on the assumption that Curiosity killed the cat. This is simply not true. Curiosity was found not-guilty and aquitted of all related charges. It is likely that Curiosity was framed by Ambivalence.

Curiosity would like to regain a normal life and not be subject to such claims in the future,

Yours sincerely

Arthur Mann,
legal shark

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris

This was a clever idea and was well executed. Congrats on the print.

zcbmarne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zcbmarne

Well, I took the plunge like all of the other kitties. I ordered 3, for myself and two co-workers. Confused that with a price increase that the shirts are now outsourced. I don't mind paying more, if I knew that someone local was getting a job.

chubechpmnk

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chubechpmnk

These cats totally remind me of Vermicious Knids from Charlie and the Glass Elevator!

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

Count me as another cat lover who ordered this shirt. I've been waiting for a design to try the new Anvil WXL, so this one is it. And I ordered it first thing this morning with his majesty (my 14yo blue and white cat) curled up by my feet.

I'll be very surprised if I don't find a second copy of this shirt in my stocking come Christmas. My dad loves to tease me about cats, and my family tends to shop throughout the year. Meanwhile, hopefully I can wear the new WXL size.

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

hey did anyone post what the full saying is? what goes after curiosity killed the cat?

*smirk*

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

sumpteric

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sumpteric
martmann4 wrote:that's great but the shirt doesn't show what the cats were so curious about!?!?

Great design.

./\_/\
(=x_x=)

The saying is curiosity killed the cat. It's one cat that died 9 times.