The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
The Lorax
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Jack and the Beanstalk

And some I THINK I see:

A Tale of Two Cities
For Whom the Bell Tolls
The Last Unicorn

I know I'm missing a bunch still. This shirt would drive me nuts!

ckaminsk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ckaminsk

do I spy a unicorn-farting-rainbows in the letter 'E' ?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Way to go, Ramy. Major props for all the thought that went into this, you really used the whole week with all of your designs. :^)

There will be some strong HMs from this derby too!

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Censored again. I guess now that woot doesn't carry my size they don't want to hear my voice.

I would love to have this shirt.

tanager2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tanager2

Oh, how I wish I wore T-shirts seeing this one...my kingdom for a tank top!

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

YES! The one I wanted made it out of the fog. Amazing use of literary references.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 13 Private Messages caramelarrow

Outstanding job, Ramyb!! This shirt carries a powerful message in a way that is fun for all ages. This should be on billboards in every major city and town. I know your hometown of Baltimore, at one time nicknamed "The City That Reads," could sure use it.

WOOT: Awesome Poster Possibility Here! This would be wonderful on the wall of my home office/library.

A V-Neck or long sleeve would be great, too.

And add me as another Wooter requesting this as a tote in which to carry.....BOOKS!

funda62

quality posts: 4 Private Messages funda62

In for three for the first time. One for me and one for each kid. Too cool to pass up.

sarist72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarist72

Love the Discworld reference! One of my favorite places. Thanks!

marshlight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marshlight

Mmmmm yes a tote would be lovely. If I bought this tee I would probably stare at my chest for a long while, which means other people would take liberty to do the same...

pyrosaga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pyrosaga

i'm hesitant to wear this shirt out in public just because if people ask me to identify the books, i won't be able to...thus disproving the intended message of aforementioned shirt. run-on sentence much? i think so!

#idont/cantread

rawr

kmeltzer

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kmeltzer

Another I'd buy if they hadn't changed shirt companies.

Blade2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blade2000
darkccret wrote:I'm thinking of buying this for my dyslexic friend Drea.

This joke took me a second but when I did, LOL! Nicely done.

arionrhodgraylock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arionrhodgraylock

My best friend teaches English at ECU, I'm going to suggest she use the shirt as a challenge for her students - in for two. Great job, Ramy!

Immanentizing the Eschaton since 1985

spencexxx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spencexxx

"Cut and Paste clip art" was 5 words, so he went with "read"

coolbana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coolbana

Love it, wearing it to the next book (wine) club meeting

CoolBana

kiraokami

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kiraokami

I could not pass this shirt up! I am starting to student teach this year and the next (Adolescent English Education). I will be wearing this on "Casual Fridays".

hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake

R-E-A-D A BOOK, OK!

Google that if you like.

nofeeblechrist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nofeeblechrist

Aargh. Why navy and not black?

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

I would add Game of Thrones, as that lion looks tons like the Lannister sigil.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

As a professional librarian, I heartily endorse this shirt!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell
rileylaurent wrote:That's quite the list calebmitchell! A few more to add to that:

Three Blind Mice
Fahrenheit 451
Puss in Boots
Dracula
Tarzan of the Apes
Where's Waldo
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
The Lorax
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Jack and the Beanstalk

And some I THINK I see:

A Tale of Two Cities
For Whom the Bell Tolls
The Last Unicorn

I know I'm missing a bunch still. This shirt would drive me nuts!

/facepalm Arrrrgh! I knew, I knew, I KNEW those three mice had to be Three Blind Mice, but I couldn't remember if that was a book or not! And I can't believe I didn't spot Jack and the Beanstalk, Dracula, Tarzan, and Farenheit 451. Just out of curiosity though, where are you seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Lorax?

rileylaurent

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rileylaurent
calebmitchell wrote:/facepalm Arrrrgh! I knew, I knew, I KNEW those three mice had to be Three Blind Mice, but I couldn't remember if that was a book or not! And I can't believe I didn't spot Jack and the Beanstalk, Dracula, Tarzan, and Farenheit 451. Just out of curiosity though, where are you seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Lorax?

They're both in the D, next to the beanstalk. There's a Lorax tree, a golden ticket, and what I assume is Willy Wonka's top hat and possibly candy.

lyricmezzosoprano

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lyricmezzosoprano

Did the sizing chart get changed recently? I've always bought WL and they fit perfectly, but I just bought two shirts last week and when I got one, it was huge! Still said women's large on it... I'm pretty frustrated; now I'm $24 cheaper with two oversized shirts I'll never wear out of the house...

rhdenny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rhdenny

I wish I knew HTML or BBwhatever. I want to post a pic of my mom in the unicorn shirt... (

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

lyricmezzosoprano wrote:Did the sizing chart get changed recently? I've always bought WL and they fit perfectly, but I just bought two shirts last week and when I got one, it was huge! Still said women's large on it... I'm pretty frustrated; now I'm $24 cheaper with two oversized shirts I'll never wear out of the house...

Hello! Woot has changed their shirt blanks. For more information, please check out the following threads:
Main Anvil Thread
Lady Sizes
American Apparel and Anvil: A comparison
New shirt blanks - active testing from community folks

Atomicm0m

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Atomicm0m

<--- This Book-nerd is eagerly awaiting her opportunity to wear this t-shirt! thank you!

ssirrine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssirrine

I see a Deathly Hallows symbol in there! This design is really intricate and awesome :D Would buy, but I'm outta money right now :C

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
nofeeblechrist wrote:Aargh. Why navy and not black?

I'm personally very happy to see this on a color other than black, even navy. I purchased one for me and one for my son.

zylowen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zylowen

I stand amazed and salute you with my wallet! First Woot shirt officially purchased. (As an English teacher, how could I resist? New geeky swag FTW!)

justthedoctor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justthedoctor

I was browsing on past Woot shirts and someone mentioned that they bought a shirt and used it as wall art. This sounds like a great idea. I would love to do this as well and I really like the art on this one, but I don't know what size of shirt to get. Any suggestions on what size to get so that it would be nice as wall art? I would trim it so it is rectangular. For shape reasons, I would probably get a men's shirt.

besunami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages besunami

I'm thrilled this shirt is printing! Well deserved, Ramyb! Please give us a list of references. Guessing is fun, but it's even better to know in the end whether you found them all and got it right! (Why, yes, I *am* a Type A perfectionist, why do you ask? ;) )

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: pharnett
Last purchase time: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 11:59:01 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 23.668s
Woot wage: $3,752.63
Woots sold: 3648

Last wooter to woot: windrift
Last purchase time: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 11:59:08 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 23.663s
Woot wage: $3,752.31
Woots sold: 3649

Last wooter to woot: 2woot1moot
Last purchase time: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 11:59:23 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 23.648s
Woot wage: $3,751.64
Woots sold: 3652

Last wooter to woot: ChartreuseContempt
Last purchase time: Monday, March 19, 2012, 12:06:02 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 23.751s
Woot wage: $3,734.41
Woots sold: 3653

First day sales 3652

justthedoctor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justthedoctor
besunami wrote:I'm thrilled this shirt is printing! Well deserved, Ramyb! Please give us a list of references. Guessing is fun, but it's even better to know in the end whether you found them all and got it right! (Why, yes, I *am* a Type A perfectionist, why do you ask? ;) )

A reference list would be awesome!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Congrats Ramyb! This is an awesome t-shirt! I'm glad woot reduced its size a little because I think the word was a little big in your submission!!

:D

ha52309s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ha52309s

I'm with ReginaFalangee (sp?), this would be a fantastic design on a tote. I could knock off a good chunk of my Christmas shopping that way. Yes, I think about that in March.

snoopygal7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snoopygal7

Please please please a reference list would be awesome! I got my shirt today and have spent half an hour lying on my bed inspecting it. Driving me bananas.

I LOVE the shirt by the way!

djenkins1982

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djenkins1982

I ordered one for my mother in law (she's a librarian) and I wish the letters were a little larger... it's somewhat hard to make each picture out now.

marmorae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marmorae

Why is there a Charizard in the top left corner of the E? I thought it was just a dragon but it has a flame on its tail.