amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

- Another vote here for making them last 2 weeks instead of just 1. In addition to better (or perhaps just better-placed) advertising, I think that will increase the total sales, certainly the sales-per-design, which might help the QC issues.

- Advertise the side sales on the Reckoning page. Put the banner *above* the daily tee image instead of below. Where it is now kind of gets lost in the advertising for other sites, which I pretty much ignore, so I'm guessing other people do as well.

- Physics theme!

- More AA/women's/kids sizes. I've bought far more shirts for my son than I have for myself, no idea if AA makes long-sleeved kids sizes but I would definitely buy those if offered.

- Another vote for more variety in medium-per-design (same old "I'd have bought it if it were x instead of y format").

- Bake It So and Makin' Bread aprons!

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
jezebelseven wrote:... Some others I'd like to see in some form in my dream world:
By Your Powers Combined
Calorie Burning

Both of those have been reprinted in these events, CC as a regular shirt,
BYPC in long sleeve.

What if it was more of an interactive event? Letting people nominate/vote on what designs go up for sale during the event? Kind of like a mini-derby?

Then all we'll end up with are popular designs ... which means we may as well just give some artists their own store here! There are many great designs by other artists that due to timing or bad luck, got reckoned "too soon".

lonelypond

quality posts: 423 Private Messages lonelypond

Agree with the less frequent comments. Biweekly would be less...overwhelming in a too many choices so little cash kind of way. Also color specific sales might be fun --heather grey for example ; ). With Zombie Vampire Robots From Space on variety items.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
lonelypond wrote:Also color specific sales might be fun --heather grey for example ; ).

I'm just hanging out, really.

jrdickso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrdickso

I tend to miss these because I never see the banner for them. However in checking out your sizes for long sleave items I would not fit since I am too tall. Is it possible to get XLT items? XXL just makes the belly/trunk baggier doesnt help with the arm length so much.

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402

I love the pullover hoodies. They are so soft and comfy. The totes are really awesome, too.

I stay up on Sunday nights and check the weekly sale along with the deal of the day.

I would particularly love to see:

Odd Bear Out
Fresh Cake

Tees or Hoodies for these would be amazing. I'd buy both styles of each, if they were offered.

I don't know if there is an interest out there, but short sleeve hoodies are nice for when it's just cool outside instead of freezing.

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2

I just got my v-neck T and really like it! More of those, please!!

I'm really enjoying these sales and look forward to seeing what's offered each week.

And, there are places where hoodies can be worn almost year-round. For instance, Seattle, (great for watching the fireworks on the 4th!) or anywhere it cools off at night in the summer-high desert, boating, mountains, etc. So, I don't see a reason not to sell them at least most of the year.

I'd also like to see a dessert/food week.

And, sometimes on regular woot you offer selections-like something that comes in different configurations-knives, water bottles, bamboo salad bowls, you can choose which colors or configuration you like. I suppose you use that configuration for sizes on shirt woot, but it would be neat if there was a way to mix that up with shirt designs. (but, please, nothing that makes the servers unhappy!!)

What about the possibility of an all-time best-of artists week-almost like a mini-store for several artists all at once. So, you'd be able to choose from several of that artist's shirts, or whichever items, or from one of the other artist's items. Or maybe as a variation on that, be able to order a set of three shirts by the one artist? That might work better with the way your orders are done and be able to get more than one design shipped together. Still, it seems every time there's a set there's always one item I don't like as well as the rest.

Or what about a thing with water bottles? -maybe do skinits for Miir bottles? Then you could choose the skinit and the bottle color....but maybe that's too far out there.

I'd also like to see a tote derby.

For some reason, it bugs me when something is still in the reckoning when it turns up in the weekly sales. Seems like the sales should be for things you can't get otherwise.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
Narfcake wrote:BYPC in long sleeve.

Alas, not in my size, ergo my asking again!

3x in all the things please!

As for the mini-derby, well, I was just basing that on the thread from Reddit. AgingDragQueen offered that up as something they were thinking of doing anyway.

I do like the idea of short sleeve hoodies. The kind without the fleecy lining, ideally.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

scfrome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scfrome
wanderbug2 wrote:

For some reason, it bugs me when something is still in the reckoning when it turns up in the weekly sales. Seems like the sales should be for things you can't get otherwise.

Me too!

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar

Two suggestions:

1. If it makes sense to put a design on an apron, PUT IT ON AN APRON.

2. When in doubt, refer to Suggestion 1.

(I reallllly want "Gonna Make You Lunch" and "Bake It So" on aprons. DO IT!)

wanderbug2

escapecar wrote:Two suggestions:

1. If it makes sense to put a design on an apron, PUT IT ON AN APRON.

2. When in doubt, refer to Suggestion 1.

Yes, absolutely!

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

I like the side sales- haven't bought much, but it's fun to see the groupings and what gets picked. Here's some feedback, though:

- I love zip-up hoodies, to the point where I have a bunch and can no longer convince myself to buy new ones unless they're perfect. And lack of a front corner print on some recent zip-up hoodies is the sole reason I didn't buy.

- If there is any way to reprint a tee on an AA tri-blend now and then, I would be ridiculously into that. They're so soft, and I miss being able to buy heathered tees haha (actually, between heather grey and orange, you guys got rid of my two favorite colors).

- The best product so far, imo, was the Skyrim over-encumbered tote. It made me wish I had any use at all for totes bags. But that's the kind of surprise and timeliness that makes those sales super-fun.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

As someone who won't buy Anvil and is pretty discerning anyway, I hadn't really planned on commenting and expect my comments will likely fall on deaf ears for the above reasons (among others), but I thought I'd throw one thing out there.

This biggest failing for me is that the side sales really just throw out more of the same stuff that we are getting tons of already in dailies and in the derbies. I feel like the side sales should be giving us more than that. Dig a little bit deeper. It doesn't have to be every sale but maybe even just one that is purely about creative design: Complex use of the shirt space, uncommon design elements or arrangements, that sort of thing.

The kind of shirt that gets tons of positive comments, uses absolutely no one else's IP, blends color well and makes woot staff think, "This won't sell at all." If you need help you can always just have me pick a bunch out.

Basically, I was really impressed that the classics program you stuck to doing interesting things with well regarded and well done designs. I was hoping the side sales would be more of the same and I've been extremely disappointed.

edit:

Everything else I would say dovetails with what has already been mentioned. The quality control issues like with Forbidden Future Remix that has so far been my only purchase, and the length of the sales that kept me from buying Unexpected News because I remembered to buy it too late. I like the idea of letting artists remix a favored design, especially because we might get a Travis remix, but it worries me it would just be a bunch of worthless remixes from the cookie cutter designs (I took a bunny rabbit design and made them all squirrels........)that are inexplicably popular here.

rellybob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rellybob

I really like the side sales. My one wish is for women's sizes in the long sleeve shirts. I just got the small and it is waaaaaay too big. (i fit the AA WM tee perfectly.) The sleeves are about 2-3 inches too long, it's very baggy, and super long in the torso. It's very soft tho and I expect that I will wear it around the house. All of this is before washing however, so I'm hoping some dryer time will shrink it some. Unless there are smaller sizes offered tho I don't expect to buy another one. 20 bucks is a bit much for a shirt I can't wear out.

Edit: The long sleeve I bought was The Umbrellas and the print is really beautiful!

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

I do like the side sales and hope they continue. I echo the call to have all items available in all, or most, formats. I also think having them last longer, especially ones like last week, would be a good idea. Last week's "Mentions of Honor" sale had several shirts I wanted to order, but couldn't. I ordered two shirts and it was difficult to narrow it down, but there was no way I could afford all the ones I wanted in a week's time. This week there's really nothing in the "Paper" sale that interests me (design-wise, not the formats), but if last week's shirts were still available for an additional week I could send Woot more money. Balancing the budget and all....

More V-Necks, please, even if you have to lower, shrink or alter the design a tad to work. V-Neck designs don't have to be off-center.

Lastly, as far as advertising goes, I can't see the side sale banner on the main page unless I scroll down. I use a small laptop. If I didn't KNOW about them already to do that, I might never see them. Maybe when someone buys something a screen could pop up saying, "Hey, did check out the side sale?"

My four cents.

07/11/14

Narfcake

mrwednesday wrote:I like the idea of letting artists remix a favored design, especially because we might get a Travis remix, but it worries me it would just be a bunch of worthless remixes from the cookie cutter designs (I took a bunny rabbit design and made them all squirrels........)that are inexplicably popular here.

I wouldn't worry too much about the latter, really. Both have taken a back seat to cats anyways.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

I have to echo the concerns that have been raised by Narfcake and others in this thread about quality control for the weekly side sales. From comments on the message board here, it seems like this is a pretty consistent issue. Frankly, it doesn't make much sense to have these awesome offerings in the side sales if they're not being executed well.

As far as personal experience goes, I got the "Reflections on Pi" tee a few weeks ago for my BF, and the print is about a half inch off center on the shirt. That might not matter that much for some designs, but since "Reflections on Pi" is basically a rectangle that sits in the middle of the shirt, it's pretty noticeable. BF insists that it's fine, but it bothers me - when I give someone a gift, I would rather it not be defective. Knowing that woot prints the weekly sales items on demand after the end of each sale, I'm guessing it won't be possible to get another shirt with the print placed correctly, and I find that really unfortunate. I suppose I should (and probably will) email customer service about it and get a refund, but what I really want is a "Reflections on Pi" shirt that's not misprinted...

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

Narfcake

missmelis wrote:... but what I really want is a "Reflections on Pi" shirt that's not misprinted...

They do print some extras, as they were able to send me a replacement TCIAL. I just didn't ask again when the replacement had the same defect, as there was no point and I would've felt guilty if they were to refund me after sending two long sleeves already.

dilettante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dilettante

Well, since you asked:

• I check the sales every week, but only because I'm hoping for Now Let Me Get This Straight.

• As many others have stated, I'd pay more for this to be printed on AA... much more... try me!

• I don't wear V-necks, but I know my girl would be thrilled!

• Bake it so on an apron? Make it so!

• Your site is getting busted and tired if you're having to make excuses for NOT being able to promote your sale properly (AND especially for NOT being able to EMPHASIZE the size differences) and above the "fold." Perhaps it's time to hire someone who can offer some valuable HTML to correct these quandaries. After all, stable is that step backwards between successful and failing.

• Otherwise, I mostly agree with what's been posted: offer sale items at least on t-shirts in addition to hoodies, posters, aprons, condoms, whatever...; offer more size options on atypical tees; QC on sale items; and don't use current reckoning items, their day will come soon enough!

Cheers!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

dilettante wrote:After all, stable is that step backwards between successful and failing.

Hah! Hello there, Mr. Pete Campbell.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
dilettante wrote:
  • Your site is getting busted and tired if you're having to make excuses for NOT being able to promote your sale properly (AND especially for NOT being able to EMPHASIZE the size differences) and above the "fold."

• You might be expecting too much, considering they can't even be bothered to change the Anvil chart so it's accurate.

Hey Woot,

The Woot Tee offers a "slim" fit, so consider ordering a size up if you like your tees baggy.

is NOT accurate with the Anvil blanks.

Hiryu2040

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hiryu2040

I also noticed the quality of Woot shirts slipping. I ordered two Tickles to Tinkles shirts and the coloring on the left cloud is colored a light green instead of the faint blue it looks like it should be. I inquiried Woot about this and they promptly issued a refund. That was really nice of them but I really would have preferred to have the shirts looking like they're supposed to .

Another thing that happened (not related to the side sales but the quality) was Meatatarian just came in with my randoms, and I noticed that the ink is off position on the rabbits, which left a gray outline of where the black lines should be. Service has been very helpful and has tried to fix any issues I've had without me asking, but I feel bad having to complain so many times recently especially when I never had to before.

wanderbug2

Hiryu2040 wrote:I ... but I feel bad having to complain so many times recently especially when I never had to before.

Yes, me too!

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
    Hiryu2040 wrote:I also noticed the quality of Woot shirts slipping. I ordered two Tickles to Tinkles shirts and the coloring on the left cloud is colored a light green instead of the faint blue it looks like it should be. I inquiried Woot about this and they promptly issued a refund. That was really nice of them but I really would have preferred to have the shirts looking like they're supposed to .

Mine is also a light seafoam and I thought maybe I was just having monitor color issues. Hrm. I was expecting a light baby blue/almost white color. The right cloud also looks a little greener than I thought too...

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
    THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

krandaller

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krandaller

Add my vote to the pile for a Bake it So! apron. (I would also like this on an AA shirt, as I was low on cash when it printed and missed it...please?)

I know this is kind of silly, but I would really love an alphabet-themed side sale: Shakespeare A-Z (on a shirt!), Alphabeasts, A is for Atlas, etc. I'm not sure if there are enough to fill an entire sale, though.

Or a mock-classics sale! To the Top in the Style of Da Vinci, some of the Vitruvian Man parodies (I'm so sad I missed the gingerbread one), Vincent's Alternative, The Ice Scream, etc.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie

I love the side sales! I haven't bought anything yet from them, because I only noticed them a couple weeks ago, and haven't seen anything I am dying to have, yet.

Although, I flipped through some of the older ones, and am sad that they weren't being ridiculously advertised, cause I would have bought some things from them.

I would like to reccommend tank tops (at least for girls) - pleeeeeaaaaseee? I live in Houston, and while I pretty much can still find a use for hoodies year round (do you really need to turn the AC down to 65?) I could definitely also use tank tops year round as well!

Not only would they be great for the summer (Houston that's May-Oct) but they would be great year-round as workout shirts!

shuiheart

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shuiheart

The side sales are my favorites! I love that you are offering prints in things other than tshirts. I was thrilled to see my favorite woot shirt - I Heart Math on a hoodie!

I really liked having the posters available for those of us that love the art, but just can't buy another t-shirt.

Aprons are a fantastic idea!

What about doing a "feminine" run? I have some really beautiful shirts, like Henna, that I would love to see as a poster print or in another format.

spacegirlag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacegirlag
    newnie wrote:

Not only would they be great for the summer (Houston that's May-Oct) but they would be great year-round as workout shirts!

don't lie to these people. i lived in houston, and summer there starts in march.

in new braunfels now, and posted earlier asking for tanks. they'd be great anywhere in the south, and i'd wear the heck out of 'em during the summer (like to the river).

shuiheart

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shuiheart
    newnie wrote:
    I would like to reccommend tank tops (at least for girls) - pleeeeeaaaaseee? I live in Houston, and while I pretty much can still find a use for hoodies year round (do you really need to turn the AC down to 65?) I could definitely also use tank tops year round as well!

I love this idea, too! I would buy several tank tops.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
    spacegirlag wrote:don't lie to these people. i lived in houston, and summer there starts in march.

in new braunfels now, and posted earlier asking for tanks. they'd be great anywhere in the south, and i'd wear the heck out of 'em during the summer (like to the river).

Oh you're correct, I meant Mar, not May!

Narfcake

krandaller wrote:Or a mock-classics sale! To the Top in the Style of Da Vinci, some of the Vitruvian Man parodies (I'm so sad I missed the gingerbread one), Vincent's Alternative, The Ice Scream, etc.

Plumber in the style of Rembrandt!

smigette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smigette

Three suggestions, but they have been made by other people.

- Tanks Tops for the Ladies - its gets above 90 in Utah in the summer. (And as long as I am asking, could I get that with uniCONE printed on it?)

-More aprons (Makin' Bread, anyone?)

-Coffee mugs - today's shirt.woot would be perfect on a coffee mug and couple other coffee/tea/hot chocolate themed designs would also be great on a mug.

thesnarticus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesnarticus

Why not run some with some tops print or favoritez from each year? I'd love to get some of the older designs?

Also really would live to see a dinosaur themed one!

reluctantfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reluctantfire
    smigette wrote:-Coffee mugs - today's shirt.woot would be perfect on a coffee mug and couple other coffee/tea/hot chocolate themed designs would also be great on a mug.

YES! Love today's design (My Morning Sidekick) but can't see myself wearing it as a shirt... But a mug would be PERFECT!

Also definitely echo the requests for more aprons! (Bake It So!, Kitchen Warfare, Makin' Bread, etc)

sheens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheens

Tank tops!

More totes and aprons!

And I will buy anything and everything that you print "Dr. Adorable's Love Potion" on! Twice!

Pleasepleaseplease pretty please! :-)

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

What's with the outcry for aprons? I have nothing against them. I've just never seen someone wearing an apron in real life. Is there some apron subculture that I've been missing all these years?

stonedsavant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stonedsavant

I am a fan of the side sales: A chance to buy something other than a shirt for once it a nice change of pace.

Aside from a few of the totebags that my girlfriend has managed to snatch up, including the latest Skyrim one, I've missed most of my opportunities to cash in on the side sales due to their limited duration. Though it doesn't have much to do with the site itself and more with fate, it always seems a particularly good side sale with some very enticing items will show up right when the last of my expendable cash from my paycheck dries up.

Especially when the Best of sale rolled around. I wanted that Forbidden Future Redux so bad I could almost taste it.

And while the pullover hoodies are nice, I'm particularly fond of the Zip up hoodies, with the modified, off-centered design on the front.

And yes, another vote for more aprons. Bought the Kitchen Warfare one when it was around for a chef friend and it went over great. some of your other designs would work just as amazingly.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
    BootsBoots wrote:I think we need to see some odysseyroc designs in these side sales!

Thanks, Boots!

Narfcake

BootsBoots wrote:What's with the outcry for aprons? I have nothing against them. I've just never seen someone wearing an apron in real life. Is there some apron subculture that I've been missing all these years?

Can you imagine how unprofessional Randy would look without an apron?!

For everyday cooking, I don't bother. If I'm in front of a grill, though, I'll don one.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
    BootsBoots wrote:What's with the outcry for aprons? I have nothing against them. I've just never seen someone wearing an apron in real life. Is there some apron subculture that I've been missing all these years?

I collect them.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.