Quality Posts

ittybittyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ittybittyx

Testing 1,2,3
Testing 1,2,3
...is this thing on?

uhrwerkgeist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhrwerkgeist

I think Snorg tees beat you to this idea days ago.

flemtone

quality posts: 7 Private Messages flemtone

*SPOILER*

In the write-up, you forgot to mention when that really weird thing happened. Remember? It was just before she said all that stuff.

uhrwerkgeist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhrwerkgeist

Is this not the same shirt? http://www.snorgtees.com/t-shirts/hungry-hungry-games

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC

I was a little concerned we had no comments yet. Then I found out Woot was down a good bit of last night.

I hope Walmazan is as excited as I am to rock this shirt to the movie this coming weekend!

minionofeckerd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages minionofeckerd

Take my money!

prematuresorting

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prematuresorting

such a cayuuuute shirt about a great book!
hmm want to buy but promised myself i wouldnt hurt my wallet anymore.. decisions decisions

bought a previous hunger games shirt on here that i regretted

judehawthorne

quality posts: 5 Private Messages judehawthorne

Awesome! I'm in for one.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

What Tiny Flowers? My screen is saying this went up at 6:30 EDT? And I only have one privat emessage (yet the 50+ are still there)? Seems like Woot-ish trouble to me.

And, hey, great shirt folks!

pyrosaga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pyrosaga

tricky woot. i'm going to watch hunger games tomorrow and the only way i can wear it to the movie is if i overnight the shirt. TRICKY TRICKY WOOT

rawr

GwenMarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GwenMarie

I'm really tempted to get it for my daughter, who's of course going to the midnight show tonight. But I don't think she'd get the joke.

My woots: Screaming Monkey, Random Crap, Sandisk Sansa View 8GB
Shirt woots: Now Let Me Get This Straight, Happy Birthday to Us, Hungry Bento, Jimmy... Is That You?, Tuesday is Gonna be Rough, Friends are Forever, Donut Panic!, Random Shirt, Ghosties, You are a Pirate!, Pirate Exercise, Random Shirt, PAINata, Cake or Pi?, Nevermore

nunyazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nunyazz

.. I see what you did there.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Awesomeness! I just started reading the book this week.

The colors are really nicely judged... this is very tempting.

shilo9924

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shilo9924

I loved Hungry Hippos. The only purpose was to break your hand or the plastic lever. Finding a table that tilts slightly works well also.

hijynx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hijynx

While I find this adorably awesome! I also found this:

http://www.snorgtees.com/t-shirts/hungry-hungry-games

I find the woot shirt to be the victor of the two because it's cleaner, and leaves the viewer to think about it there for adding to comedic effect....however....it is something to think about.

shilo9924

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shilo9924

I will have to buy one...

Malatise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Malatise

May the odds be ever in your favor... of getting this shirt in time for the premier.

evilqueen58

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evilqueen58

Oh, if I only had this for the midnight show tonight. But, in for 2!

kevito

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevito

From the company that brought you Battleship Royale?

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

I have to think about this one, my daughter loved the book, played the game when she was younger, and occasionally with her brothers now (talking Hungry Hungry Hippos here) and I too am from Buffalo, NY so I can support a local designer...If I hadn't already bought 8 shirts this week

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

I can't wait to see the hunger games tonight! Tu books were great too, lets see how they turn out on the big screen

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

DJTweekNYC

natedogg828 wrote:I have to think about this one, my daughter loved the book, played the game when she was younger, and occasionally with her brothers now (talking Hungry Hungry Hippos here) and I too am from Buffalo, NY so I can support a local designer...If I hadn't already bought 8 shirts this week

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Love the game. I'd say ask me about the time I found HHH for $2 while out thrifting and was entirely far too thrilled, but that's the sum of the entire story, so.

Love the books! Going this weekend with a bunch of folks actually to the movies (yay).

Love the forum thread about Hunger Games. Ok, not that it has anything to do with deciding to get this, but hey, mod's got a job to do here! ;)

Now the question is:
I own District 14 (which amuses me terribly). Is my love for HHH great enough to splash down overnight shipping?

Barely awake me is going to get ready to head into the office and give this some thought.

I'm just hanging out, really.

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo

Augh, I liked the book, enjoyed it really and truly, but not at the "I want a shirt about this book" level. And then you had to go and make this, and shake the foundations of everything I thought I knew. *torn*

khatheway

quality posts: 1 Private Messages khatheway

Here we have a shirt worthy of finding out whether or not the new sizes are going to be awful for me. I was hoping this day would come later rather than sooner, but oh well.

kittybongo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittybongo

This makes me sad. I really want this but the ladies shirts are on anvil blanks, which I am refusing to buy. Sad day.

enfini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enfini

Oh, sweet. The husband is still asleep, plenty of time to sneak in this purchase before he wakes up and tells me that I have too many shirts already! :P

mikejenkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikejenkins

Finally, someone is exploring the idea of having to compete to survive in the future for others' entertainment.

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages BuffBillsFan
DJTweekNYC wrote:LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Yeah, what DJ said!

imtheother1666

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imtheother1666
kittybongo wrote:This makes me sad. I really want this but the ladies shirts are on anvil blanks, which I am refusing to buy. Sad day.

But the cover of the book is black so you have to...

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth

HUNGER GAMES TOMORROW!!

I'm not sure the hippo has quite the same allure as the Mockingjay...but he sure is cute.

krandaller

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krandaller
hijynx wrote:While I find this adorably awesome! I also found this:

http://www.snorgtees.com/t-shirts/hungry-hungry-games

I find this shirt to be the victor of the two because it's cleaner, and leaves the viewer to think about it there for adding to comedic effect....however....it is something to think about.

The snorgtees version is obviously not as good--that hippo has nothing on walmazan's hippo--but it's still pretty similar. (Not pointing fingers at the artists at all! I'm sure the idea is common enough to be coincidence.)

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
krandaller wrote:The snorgtees version is obviously not as good--that hippo has nothing on walmazan's hippo--but it's still pretty similar. (Not pointing fingers at the artists at all! I'm sure the idea is common enough to be coincidence.)

Actually the artists had theirs done and in long time before the Snorg tees hit. It's just a coincidence. This one beats the crap out of the other one and then takes it tribute.

DJTweekNYC

krandaller wrote:The snorgtees version is obviously not as good--that hippo has nothing on walmazan's hippo--but it's still pretty similar. (Not pointing fingers at the artists at all! I'm sure the idea is common enough to be coincidence.)

Actually, this is a concept I had over the winter. I subbed my idea to Woot but my concept was complicated and convoluted. Wenceslao and I put our heads together and his genius came up with this simple yet effective design. I was shocked to see the snorgtees one. But I wasn't worried. I think Wenceslao's style is very marketable and sleek. You can see my original concept on my facebook fan page. It was complicated, poorly laid out and convoluted. You can get there through my website link and click the facebook button on my site.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
grrlmarvel wrote:Actually the artists had theirs done and in long time before the Snorg tees hit. It's just a coincidence. This one beats the crap out of the other one and then takes it tribute.

I actually saw that design a couple days ago and nearly got it. Want to know what stopped me?

The words on the shirt. I'm a big fan of wordless designs and am twice as likely to get a design that hasn't got any. Also, this is a black shirt, which means I'm also likely to wear it more often.

ps. This is also the first shirt I've adored so much I've paid overnight on. SRS BSNS.

I'm just hanging out, really.

leprechaungirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leprechaungirl

I wants!!! but I can't has. I already spent my shirt money on Nevermore this week. I shall have no awesome hippo shirt for the midnight show tonight!

And before you ask why I waited so long to buy Nevermore it's because while I really do have a love of Poe I wasn't sure I could pull off asphalt. And I was hoping to help keep it in the top 20 for at least another week so it could hit that 4 year mark.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano

O...M...G... Awesome design guys. Really Awesome!

hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake

Hungry Hungry Hippos is the poor man's Monkey Mania.

DJTweekNYC

hyliansnake wrote:Hungry Hungry Hippos is the poor man's Monkey Mania.

Is Monkey Mania the poor man's X-Box360?