liwetz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages liwetz

Can someone confirm these are NOT fitted tees for ladies? I have a small waist and standard tees don't look good on me. I have never purchased from shirt.woot before, but I really like this shirt.

chubechpmnk


quality posts: 5 Private Messages chubechpmnk

So... is this a MockingHip?

mkdr


quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr
inkycatz wrote:
Now the question is:
I own District 14 (which amuses me terribly). Is my love for HHH great enough to splash down overnight shipping?.



I have the same dilemma. Hadn't thought about the shipping option until I read the comments now I'm torn. I do have a coupon so that helps, but that was helping me decide to buy the shirt in the first place. I am not a tshirt wearer, but woot is breaking me down!!

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

mkdr


quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr
inkycatz wrote:As a bonus, if you get roped into seeing the movie again for some reason, you don't have to wear the same shirt.

Or, you can look at it as being prepared for the inevitable movie sequel!



Ok you got me! Second viewing and sequel. I'm in for overnight

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

dwayri


quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri

Great design! I suppose making it like a small pin off-centered on the shirt would have made the design too small.

heidiruth


quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth
chubechpmnk wrote:So... is this a MockingHip?



No no, it's clearly a Hippojay.

aramis525


quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
heidiruth wrote:No no, it's clearly a Hippojay.



Did you say Hippogriff?

Buckbeak????

emberdione


quality posts: 3 Private Messages emberdione

I came to point out the SnorgTee version of the same shirt.

I have seen less similar shirts rejected for being similar, so I think it's odd Woot would choose to print this one.

Also, I love Hunger Games, but this is just too... goofy. And I don't particularly want to walk around with a hippo on my shirt.

avie323


quality posts: 0 Private Messages avie323

Shouldn't overnight get it here Friday instead of Monday? It's Thursday today isn't it? Is woot land on a different calendar? I really wanted to get this to wear to the theater on Saturday. Not sure if I will get it if it's not going to be here till Monday.

aramis525


quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
emberdione wrote:I came to point out the SnorgTee version of the same shirt.

I have seen less similar shirts rejected for being similar, so I think it's odd Woot would choose to print this one.

Also, I love Hunger Games, but this is just too... goofy. And I don't particularly want to walk around with a hippo on my shirt.



As they explained early in the thread, the paperwork was signed off on this 2 weeks ago and the original concept was submitted by APSketches (AKA DJTweekNYC) about a month ago. It's just a coincidence that they were posted days of each other.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
avie323 wrote:Shouldn't overnight get it here Friday instead of Monday? It's Thursday today isn't it? Is woot land on a different calendar? I really wanted to get this to wear to the theater on Saturday. Not sure if I will get it if it's not going to be here till Monday.



You know what, that's a great question. I mailed Customer Service to clarify for us.

I'm just hanging out, really.

jsee1218


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsee1218

For those wondering about overnight shipping, see this quote from the FAQ page:
"If you’re wealthy and impatient, we’ll ship your order FedEx overnight for our normal $5 shipping cost. Orders in by noon will be shipped that day. Orders placed after noon will be shipped the next business day."

So, if you ordered yours before noon CST, you should get it tomorrow. At least, that's what I'm reading.

For more information, go here: Shirt.Woot! FAQ

edit: emphasis is mine.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
inkycatz wrote:You know what, that's a great question. I mailed Customer Service to clarify for us.



The word on overnight shipping:
"They have until Noon CST Thursday (Today) to order Overnight and receive it tomorrow. Otherwise it won't get shipped out until tomorrow and they'll get their overnight order Monday."

Considering it's already noon Pacific time... yeah. So you morning overnighters are good for the weekend, it looks like.

This is also handy info to know for Thursday shirts.

edit: totally beaten to the punch with the FAQ, no less ;) BUT we should probably add the CST part to the FAQ, so there is that.

I'm just hanging out, really.

laurafoy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages laurafoy
walmazan wrote:Yay! The hunger games was the fist books who I totally read on english, and I'm so proud of it!



That's a huge achievement, congrats! Great shirt, too.

evilqueen58


quality posts: 1 Private Messages evilqueen58
Nileo2005 wrote:She lived 3 hours away, and I want it to be a surprise anyway. is there a rough correlation between sizes? I know WM fit her nicely, so I want to see the dims of that and get the new size that fits those dims. Its a better guess than nothing.



WM fits about the same but is longer (my daughter complained about the length)

avie323


quality posts: 0 Private Messages avie323
inkycatz wrote:The word on overnight shipping:
"They have until Noon CST Thursday (Today) to order Overnight and receive it tomorrow. Otherwise it won't get shipped out until tomorrow and they'll get their overnight order Monday."

Considering it's already noon Pacific time... yeah. So you morning overnighters are good for the weekend, it looks like.

This is also handy info to know for Thursday shirts.

edit: totally beaten to the punch with the FAQ, no less ;) BUT we should probably add the CST part to the FAQ, so there is that.



Thanks for the clarification. I'm so bummed I didn't see this till after the cutoff date. I've learned my lesson to check the site first thing in the morning! I will probably still have to get one to wear to the second or third or possibly fourth time I go see the movie though!

chobesoy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chobesoy

Is this YOUR design? Unfortunately this is very suspiciously identical to the one that was worn during the premiere. The artist was filmed and photographed with it and is now seeing her design on here and understandably not happy about it. She submitted the design to a few sites as well, weeks ago...this sounds like a potential conflict. I hear Woot has also been contacted about this.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
avie323 wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I'm so bummed I didn't see this till after the cutoff date. I've learned my lesson to check the site first thing in the morning! I will probably still have to get one to wear to the second or third or possibly fourth time I go see the movie though!


Excellent! (And don't forget to check the sizing chart!)

I'm just hanging out, really.

kevlar51


quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51

Congrats guys

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Awesome design, guys! The Hunger Games is one of my favorite series of books and I really can't wait for the movie to come out this weekend!



grrlmarvel


quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel

This needs to be in my closet... by two of my fav artists too. Dangit. Woot stop taking my money!

vita10gy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vita10gy

May the tilt of the playing surface be ever in your favor.

DJTweekNYC


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
ROGETRAY wrote:



I just remembered how fun that game really was watching this video... and it was CRAZY FUN. What was that game where you shot chroms marbles at these weird geometric shapes with marbles in the middle? That was fun too.

vita10gy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vita10gy
DJTweekNYC wrote:I just remembered how fun that game really was watching this video... and it was CRAZY FUN. What was that game where you shot chroms marbles at these weird geometric shapes with marbles in the middle? That was fun too.



Crossfire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

vita10gy wrote:Crossfire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50



Yeah I was gonna say Crossfire.
That game was awesome!!! :D

daver1617


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daver1617
inkycatz wrote:The word on overnight shipping:
"They have until Noon CST Thursday (Today) to order Overnight and receive it tomorrow. Otherwise it won't get shipped out until tomorrow and they'll get their overnight order Monday."

Considering it's already noon Pacific time... yeah. So you morning overnighters are good for the weekend, it looks like.

This is also handy info to know for Thursday shirts.

edit: totally beaten to the punch with the FAQ, no less ;) BUT we should probably add the CST part to the FAQ, so there is that.



Although I believe you, and your fact checking abilities, I'm curious why it takes until Monday? Mail moves on Saturdays as well...

twysta


quality posts: 0 Private Messages twysta

I know people are going to be commenting about this shirt when I wear it

natedogg828


quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

Ok supported the local guy ad bought the shirt for my daughters Easter Basket

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

rockinjoey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockinjoey

definitely wearing this to the movie

DJTweekNYC


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
natedogg828 wrote:Ok supported the local guy ad bought the shirt for my daughters Easter Basket



I went to go "like" this comment and almost accidentally tattled on it! Thanks Nate!

aramis525


quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
daver1617 wrote:Although I believe you, and your fact checking abilities, I'm curious why it takes until Monday? Mail moves on Saturdays as well...



Not FedEx...unless woot wants to pay extra for Saturday shipping. I'm guessing they don't.

Jinoda


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jinoda

Kind of unfortunate that none of the comments that linked to the original snorgtees design was marked as a quality post. http://www.snorgtees.com/t-shirts/hungry-hungry-games

I understand not wanting to send business to a competitor, but this one is a better looking shirt. Have some more confidence in your product, shirt.woot!

aramis525


quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
inkycatz wrote:The word on overnight shipping:
"They have until Noon CST Thursday (Today) to order Overnight and receive it tomorrow. Otherwise it won't get shipped out until tomorrow and they'll get their overnight order Monday."

Considering it's already noon Pacific time... yeah. So you morning overnighters are good for the weekend, it looks like.

This is also handy info to know for Thursday shirts.

edit: totally beaten to the punch with the FAQ, no less ;) BUT we should probably add the CST part to the FAQ, so there is that.



I hope this is a true cut-off and not "around Noon ships today". My order was complete at 9:11 AZ time (which is 11:11 CST) and I still haven't gotten confirmation that it shipped.

siriusblack4ever


quality posts: 0 Private Messages siriusblack4ever

Thanks for my first woot!

aramis525


quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
siriusblack4ever wrote:Thanks for my first woot!



Welcome to the wonderful world of woot. Shirt.woot has a lot to offer. Take off your jacket and stay a while. You should make your way to the reckoning, you just might find something in your size.

natedogg828


quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
DJTweekNYC wrote:I went to go "like" this comment and almost accidentally tattled on it! Thanks Nate!



I too go looking for the vote up or like button forgetting that I am not on deals.woot or facebook. Might have to dig out our Hungry Humgry Hippos game from the basement now. Anyone up for a game?

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

annewaterman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages annewaterman
natedogg828 wrote:I too go looking for the vote up or like button forgetting that I am not on deals.woot or facebook. Might have to dig out our Hungry Humgry Hippos game from the basement now. Anyone up for a game?



I'm down for a game so long as its the original version with the marbles and not the cheap-o version with the pastic balls. Marbles alllll the way!

TehCaspia


quality posts: 16 Private Messages TehCaspia
DJTweekNYC wrote:There's a marble on the end of the arrow.



And -that- is what sold me.

woot changed my signature...apparently linking my old blog was "advertising"...never thought I'd see anyone give Obama a run for his money on being the nanny state...

TehCaspia


quality posts: 16 Private Messages TehCaspia
liwetz wrote:Can someone confirm these are NOT fitted tees for ladies? I have a small waist and standard tees don't look good on me. I have never purchased from shirt.woot before, but I really like this shirt.



They (unfortunately) are not fitted, and like all American Apparel shirts, are a bit too short for me.

woot changed my signature...apparently linking my old blog was "advertising"...never thought I'd see anyone give Obama a run for his money on being the nanny state...