natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
annewaterman wrote:I'm down for a game so long as its the original version with the marbles and not the cheap-o version with the pastic balls. Marbles alllll the way!

Not sure where my original with real marbles went, all I have now in my house the the updated with plastic marbles version. Sorry

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

TehCaspia

quality posts: 16 Private Messages TehCaspia
emberdione wrote:I came to point out the SnorgTee version of the same shirt.

I have seen less similar shirts rejected for being similar, so I think it's odd Woot would choose to print this one.

Also, I love Hunger Games, but this is just too... goofy. And I don't particularly want to walk around with a hippo on my shirt.

Hey well Hunger Games is a rip off of Battle Royale, and no one seems to even take notice of that...

woot changed my signature...apparently linking my old blog was "advertising"...never thought I'd see anyone give Obama a run for his money on being the nanny state...

bogus

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bogus

I'm rather out of touch with damn kids these days, but shirt made me lol. I for one am waiting for the inevitable lulzy Taco Bell marketing campaign.

hails210

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hails210

Seen it before.. :/

http://www.snorgtees.com/t-shirts/hungry-hungry-games

edit: Woops didn't realize it was already commented.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
TehCaspia wrote:Hey well Hunger Games is a rip off of Battle Royale, and no one seems to even take notice of that...

No well, I know that it's basically a rip off of Battle Royale, but doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable. They're playing Battle Royale at one of the local theaters this weekend, so I might go see it as well for fun and to compare.

I'm just hanging out, really.

shelldigity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shelldigity
TehCaspia wrote:They (unfortunately) are not fitted, and like all American Apparel shirts, are a bit too short for me.

Actually, they print on Anvil now, and while I've yet to buy one with an Anvil blank, they look to be considerably longer than the American Apparel ones. So you might want to give it another shot.

I just measured my AA WM to try to match it up to an appropriate Anvil size. Now, it's been washed, but it's 16" wide and 23.5" long -- meaning a WS is now both wider and longer than the WM used to be.

I'm giving it a go because I like this shirt so much (and I'm originally from Rochester, so Western NY love), but I'm already not thrilled about the double-whammy of higher price + cheaper-quality shirt, and if this doesn't fit right, I'll be extra-super-sad. And probably never buy another shirt from here again. Booo.

snechla

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snechla

Viral Marketing at its finest

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj

So I ordered this before noon Central Time, overnight shipping (received confirmation 11:37 EST). No shipping info yet. When is standard to receive shipping info on overnight orders?

Expecting it to arrive Friday! I'll be a sad Wooter otherwise...

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

How is this not sold out?

Fantastic design guys

dedicateddad

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dedicateddad

All those complaining about "fitted" tees - I'm going to let you in on a VERY carefully-guarded secret...

Someone invented two MIRACULOUS items - called "Needle" and "Thread"!!

Even better, someone figured out how to combine the two with some voodoo-machinery, and made something called a "sewing machine"!!

/snark...

Jokes aside, a PERFECTLY servicable sewing machine can be had for under $80 at any "big-box" store.

I've always had trouble buying shirts that fit - if they fit my chest and shoulders they're a mile too big in the waist, and pants are *ALWAYS* too long!

I used to spend almost as much getting a dress-shirt altered to fit me as I did buying them!

Then I wised up, and thought "if SHE can do it, *I* can figure it out!!

I also applied a bit of "man-genuity" to the whole thing, and came up with a pretty simple way of getting it done!

Needs:
- Cardboard as big as your torso
- "dressmaker's chalk" (or a pencil, or if you're brave a fine-point sharpie)
- scissors or razor-knife
- stapler
- sewing stuff...

Start with the best-fitting shirt you have.
You *MIGHT* want to consider paying to get ONE shirt tailored - then you can use it as a template to do the rest yourself~!

Lay it flat on the cardboard and "trace" the torso profile. don't be afraid to "tweak" it a little to correct any spots that still don't fit you perfectly!

Cut out the cardboard "torso" - this is going to be your outline/template for fixing all the others! I included "arms" on mine to help with positioning the template on the ones I alter...

Now turn your "target" shirt inside-out and lay it out flat. Position your template on it and trace the lines -- this is where you're going to sew...

I found it best to use the stapler to staple the "excess" to keep the shirt-layers lined up properly...

Once you've got your side-lines traced, staple down the OUTSIDE of the line - this will keep it straight while you sew...

Then just sew down the line you drew, and ....

Viola!

A PERFECTLY form-fitted shirt, made just for you!

Put it on, inside-out, to test the fit -- if it's not perfect, just (CAREFULLY!) cut out the stitches and try again!

Pro-tips...

Most machines will do a stitch that looks a lot like the "binding" on the original shirt-seam. It's not really intended for that, but it WILL work! All you need to do is use a VERY sharp pair of scissors, and **VERY** CAREFULLY (!!) cut down the outside edge of the "seam" when you're ready to cut off the excess... You want to remove ALL the cloth, but be SUPER careful not to cut the thread or the whole thing will be ruined!

I might just make a YT video about this - it would be my first, but I think it would be a good one!

Don't be intimidated - this really isn't all that hard!

Buy the machine at wally-world, try it out on an old junk shirt, and if you can't make it work then just take the machine back!

The reality is that once you've fixed and worn one or two, you'll want to do them all!

Wearing custom-tailored clothes makes you look AND FEEL like a million bucks - and knowing you did it YOURSELF makes it even better!!

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions or I can help - it's Dedicated_Dad at Yahoo!

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525

3606?

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 129 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 3607

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: vgriffice
Last purchase time: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 11:58:15 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 23.958s
Woot wage: $3,003.65
Woots sold: 3602

Last wooter to woot: jneff1
Last purchase time: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 11:59:47 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 23.963s
Woot wage: $3,000.45
Woots sold: 3605

Last wooter to woot: kait2196
Last purchase time: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 11:59:56 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 23.952s
Woot wage: $3,750.17
Woots sold: 3607

Last wooter to woot: almostlindsey
Last purchase time: Friday, March 23, 2012, 12:02:38 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 23.984s
Woot wage: $3,743.13
Woots sold: 3609

First day sales 3607 or 3608, most likely 3607

Wow, what a slow time for first woot
Speed to first woot: 6h 1m 21.590s
You would think that Woot was having problems or something. But we know they never have problems.....

goblynn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages goblynn
novastarj wrote:So I ordered this before noon Central Time, overnight shipping (received confirmation 11:37 EST). No shipping info yet. When is standard to receive shipping info on overnight orders?

Expecting it to arrive Friday! I'll be a sad Wooter otherwise...

Same here--order confirmation says it'll be shipped within 5 business days. What gives, woot?

xxandrek13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxandrek13

Aww man!! I missed this one yesterday....guess there's no chance of getting it until it hits the reckoning....

alc254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alc254

I ordered this with overnight shipping and it still doesn't say that it has shipped, does anyone else have this problem?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

xxandrek13 wrote:Aww man!! I missed this one yesterday....guess there's no chance of getting it until it hits the reckoning....

FYI: A shirt hits the reckoning IMMEDIATELY after its first day of sale is over. At 11.59pm it's still $12... and then as soon as 12.00am hits, it's available on the reckoning. Just BAM! switched over like that. Not a moment of selling interrupted--unless the servers hiccup.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

alc254 wrote:I ordered this with overnight shipping and it still doesn't say that it has shipped, does anyone else have this problem?

Hello. It depends on when you purchased the shirt. If you missed it further up the thread, staff Inkycatz clarified the overnight shipping schedule:

inkycatz wrote:The word on overnight shipping:
"They have until Noon CST Thursday (Today) to order Overnight and receive it tomorrow. Otherwise it won't get shipped out until tomorrow and they'll get their overnight order Monday."

Considering it's already noon Pacific time... yeah. So you morning overnighters are good for the weekend, it looks like.

This is also handy info to know for Thursday shirts.

edit: totally beaten to the punch with the FAQ, no less ;) BUT we should probably add the CST part to the FAQ, so there is that.

Also, even if it is scheduled to arrive today, it is not uncommon for you to receive your overnighted order before you receive the shipping notification.

aramis525

goldenthorn wrote:Also, even if it is scheduled to arrive today, it is not uncommon for you to receive your overnighted order before you receive the shipping notification.

I hope this is true. I ordered it at 11:11 and I really want it for tonight.

Cikbik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cikbik
aramis525 wrote:I hope this is true. I ordered it at 11:11 and I really want it for tonight.

woooow, ordered it yesterday around 4pm or 3pm, and already got it in this morning...

and im in the burbs of philly.... woooow was expecting monday like it said.

aramis525

Cikbik wrote:woooow, ordered it yesterday around 4pm or 3pm, and already got it in this morning...

That makes me happy!! I live in AZ which is a little closer to Texas.

Did you get a tracking number first or did it just arrive?

inkycatz

aramis525 wrote:That makes me happy!! I live in AZ which is a little closer to Texas.

Ayiee! That gives me hope!

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
Cikbik wrote:woooow, ordered it yesterday around 4pm or 3pm, and already got it in this morning...

WOW! That's great! Can you post a pic in here of you wearing it? I'm super excited to see how the printing looks on these new blanks.

TerpZebra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TerpZebra

I just got it (I'm in FL). Here it is on me:

DJTweekNYC

TerpZebra wrote:I just got it (I'm in FL). Here it is on me:

AHH!! IT LOOKS AWESOME! I'm super excited to get mine and go to the movie!

aramis525

TerpZebra wrote:I just got it (I'm in FL).

Questions:

Did you order before 12 CST?
Did you get a tracking number or did it just show up?

inkycatz

Got my order confirmation at 7:08am Pacific time yesterday, no tracking data yet, no shirt yet.

I might be pacing anxiously.

inkycatz

dedicateddad wrote:
I might just make a YT video about this - it would be my first, but I think it would be a good one!

Make this video and post it! I think a lot of us would find it very helpful.

aramis525

inkycatz wrote:
I might be pacing anxiously.

Right there with you!

inkycatz

Got my shirt, got my shirt, got my shirt.

(It's adorable.)

aramis525

inkycatz wrote:Got my shirt, got my shirt, got my shirt.

(It's adorable.)

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm losing hope. It's 2:37pm here and FedEx usually comes around lunch time...Sad Panda

TerpZebra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TerpZebra
aramis525 wrote:Questions:

Did you order before 12 CST?
Did you get a tracking number or did it just show up?

1) I bought it at 1030a CST
2) it just showed up

inkycatz

aramis525 wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm losing hope. It's 2:37pm here and FedEx usually comes around lunch time...Sad Panda

Fed Ex usually comes around lunch here too, so hang in there.

aramis525

inkycatz wrote:Fed Ex usually comes around lunch here too, so hang in there.

I GOT IT, I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!!!!!!

BTW, the little gray peeking out the top is District 14.

zombie7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombie7
enfini wrote:Oh, sweet. The husband is still asleep, plenty of time to sneak in this purchase before he wakes up and tells me that I have too many shirts already! :P

that's exactly what I did too!

zombie7

aramis525 wrote:That makes me happy!! I live in AZ which is a little closer to Texas.

i'm in az too and had it overnighted. hopefully it's here today when i get off work!

aramis525

zombie7 wrote:i'm in az too and had it overnighted. hopefully it's here today when i get off work!

Well, I just got mine so hopefully you get yours!

zombie7

aramis525 wrote:Well, I just got mine so hopefully you get yours!

i did!

Spazkatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Spazkatt

This was my first Woot! after being a member for nearly 4 years. My husband got me Lucky at Last for my birthday which just so happens to be St. Patrick's day. I asked him where he found the shirt and he informed me of shirt.woot! I ended up buying 2 of Hungry, Hungry, Games, 1 in small & 1 in medium since I heard that the women's sizes have changed (we'll have to see if EITHER size fits me). I am now addicted to this site!

DJTweekNYC

Anybody go to the movie in this shirt this weekend? I cheaped out and didn't go with the overnight shipping, but I DID go to the movie this weekend. I thought it was a pretty good portrayal of the books. The costumes and makeup were fantastic. Even my girlfriend, who makes fun of me for what I choose to read (she reads like Tolstoy and intelligent things like that.) said "Wow, it's actually a pretty interesting story. Which is more than she could say about Twilight.