aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
DJTweekNYC wrote:Anybody go to the movie in this shirt this weekend? I cheaped out and didn't go with the overnight shipping, but I DID go to the movie this weekend. I thought it was a pretty good portrayal of the books. The costumes and makeup were fantastic. Even my girlfriend, who makes fun of me for what I choose to read (she reads like Tolstoy and intelligent things like that.) said "Wow, it's actually a pretty interesting story. Which is more than she could say about Twilight.

I did and I have to say this shirt was the highlight of the experience. A lot of people LOVED my shirt and asked where I got it (of course I directed them here) and others pointed and smiled/laughed.

As for the movie...I didn't like it. It's biggest problem was that it didn't have enough detail (read: emotion). If I were the director, I would have split the movie into 2 and released it 3-6 months apart.

As a matter of fact, since Harry Potter, I hoped that someone would take a series and release each movie every quarter or so. Yes it would be a lot on the actors but it would make movie goers very happy!

Cadapult

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cadapult

Hunger who? Hippo? Whaa?

Too old to click with the ref, but had to say "Way to Go!" to the newest local heroes. You make your town proud!

...more of a curmudgeon by the hour.

rockinjoey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockinjoey

love this shirt! i think i'll wear again tomorrow!

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

avidan111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avidan111
aramis525 wrote:I did and I have to say this shirt was the highlight of the experience. A lot of people LOVED my shirt and asked where I got it (of course I directed them here) and others pointed and smiled/laughed.

As for the movie...I didn't like it. It's biggest problem was that it didn't have enough detail (read: emotion). If I were the director, I would have split the movie into 2 and released it 3-6 months apart.

As a matter of fact, since Harry Potter, I hoped that someone would take a series and release each movie every quarter or so. Yes it would be a lot on the actors but it would make movie goers very happy!

I agree that the movie didnt have as much emotion as the book, seeing that most of katniss's emotions are told to us through her thoughts in the book. But i rather thought it was a very good screen adaption to the book overall.

As far as I could tell, they didnt change much of the book on screen, in fact They stuck mostly to it, with the exception of Haymitch being thin, and not half as drunk as he is the book among other small things. But we really did get a sense of what the characters were going through on screen. At least Thats the way I feel.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

avidan111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avidan111

I saw the movie Wednesday night, unfortunetly This shirt didn't show up on my doorstep before then ><

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avatarofshadow
uhrwerkgeist wrote:I think Snorg tees beat you to this idea days ago.

well, dang. i just logged on to point it out.

Guess both sites saw the same episode of Conan O'Brien?

http://www.snorgtees.com/t-shirts/hungry-hungry-games

ackcacher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ackcacher

I like woots version better so i bought woots shirt.

uhrwerkgeist wrote:I think Snorg tees beat you to this idea days ago.

zensequential

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zensequential

This appeal to both the novel reader and 80's childhood inside of me. Both thumbs up

mariahrh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mariahrh

i love the shirt!! I love hunger games and the books! I just dont want to go through the long process of ordering.... but if i buy one shirt im probably gonna end up buying about 5

obliviousheadbanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obliviousheadbanger

I'm not positive if this is a big deal or not, but there's an improv group on my campus that is using this EXACT design to promote their show. They're charging $7 for admission. Again, don't know if this matters or not, but I took a picture of one of their flyers.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
obliviousheadbanger wrote:I'm not positive if this is a big deal or not, but there's an improv group on my campus that is using this EXACT design to promote their show. They're charging $7 for admission. Again, don't know if this matters or not, but I took a picture of one of their flyers.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm just hanging out, really.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
TheGolux wrote:
First day sales 3607 or 3608, most likely 3607

Mix of Anvil (men, women) and AA (kids)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

tjmcdermott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjmcdermott

Scored me nookie points when it finally arrived!

geoduch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages geoduch

My daughter would love one of these shirts...i hope they print more