Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

T-shirts, being optimized for the lumpy contours of the human torso, look lousy when hung on a flat, straight wall. This becomes problematic when, say, a t-shirt site has a substantial repertoire of designs that would look awesome up on the wall. But at least that's somewhat possible: try to send your favorite t-shirt as a greeting card, or to put it in a 4x6 frame on your desk. No matter how suitable the content is, the form makes it impossible.

Such is the problem being solved by Looks Good On Paper, the first Shirt.Woot event that features zero shirts of any kind. We're bringing back some classic designs - and debuting a couple of new ones - in paper form. Posters! Greeting cards! And special Pocket Prints packs, each featuring five different designs by a favorite Shirt.Woot artist! It's almost too good to end on Sunday, April 1 - but not quite.  

Pocket Prints - $6
by patrickspens

Greeting Cards - $6
by Annette M. Russell from Nut and Bee
by Elizabeth Wolcott

Poster 16"x 20" - $15
by patrickspens
by Vó Maria
by Ian Leino
by Adam Koford
by Elizabeth Wolcott
by Shigwarm
by tjost

All orders will begin shipping on April 4. So your "overnight" order won't really be overnight. It'll just get there faster than it would with free shipping.

If you prefer to hang your art on your chest, we'll be back with another apparel-oriented event next week. And there are always wearables aplenty available on our Reckoning page.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Save a tree, buy woot greeting cards!

that was fun while it lasted!

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike

It's good to see It Came Out of Nowhere and Code of Arms back in action.

Yeah, so there's that...

mgem1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgem1

Darn, I was hoping to see 1971-Floppy Diskette as a poster

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

It Came Out of Nowhere is back.

sniffle

It's like old times...

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Argh, I've been waiting to get Vilanous Velociraptor on a t-shirt for ages now, but the poster format is unwearable. I really, really, hope that it'll come back in shirt form again someday...

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Where are the shirts? Isn't this SHIRT.woot?

I kinda like the pocket prints, though. Would be great if they were being sold in addition to shirts.

nadine624

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nadine624

Bought all three sets of the pocket prints, thinking I may do a collage on my wall. My bf said that it will be my wall of shame as it proves I'm a nerd, but I don't care. I love my shirt.woot artists!

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

I want Grim Optimism and Escape but not the rest of their packs. Anyone want to trade one of those for any of cmdixon's? I like all of cmdixon's ones but am not particularly attached to any specific one.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked

Soo, what kind of paper are the pocket prints on? I mean it says something about uncoated paper, but what does that mean, exactly. Post card stiff?

And is that a new design by Apelad?

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

There are so many beautiful designs that would make lovely prints/posters. I have to admit that I'm disappointed in the selection.

Would have loved to seen something like Henna, Khione, Sea Chariot, Playing Koi, Elements of Life, Pop Heart, Don't Look Back, I've Got You, Tea!, Fresh Ideas, or Slow & Steady printed as a poster or smaller format prints.

Even if going with some of the more popular designs, it would have been nice to see Birthplace of Inspiration, Kitchen Warfare, or Shakespeare A to Z on a poster.

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of more paper format designs and like some of the designs selected, but think this weekly was ripe for showcasing some designs that are less humor-oriented.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Happy to see greeting cards, but saddened by the lack of variety offered. None of the designs this week appeal to me, I'm afraid.

Nonetheless, I am happy Woot is branching out into new products with the weekly sales, especially given the number of people unable/unwilling to purchase shirts on the new blanks. Thanks for giving us other options to help support our favourite artists.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

Okay, I guess I'll be the dumb one to ask - what exactly are pocket prints? I'm kind of confused by those. Are they just shirt prints on little cards or something?

ajsweedl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ajsweedl

Hi Woot! I really like these other items with the artists work on them. Thanks. A suggestion, greeting cards with designs having trees. Also, RAMYB's "Lucky at Last" would make a great greeting card. Also, so would "The Binge" and "Curiosity". Some valentines greeting cards next year would rock too.

Zip up hoodies are something I'd like to see. Also, while I am suggesting, is it possible to offer a long sleeve t-shirt option (maybe in just some select sizes)for the shirt of the day or for shirts on the reckoning. Possibly, only for designs that last 10 weeks or more or something.
Take care all.
aj

dwimmz

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dwimmz
spilzer wrote:Argh, I've been waiting to get Vilanous Velociraptor on a t-shirt for ages now, but the poster format is unwearable. I really, really, hope that it'll come back in shirt form again someday...

Seconded! Arghhh I want that shirt so bad. I'm still happy they're at least printing it in some form, though.

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet

Kind of a cool idea, but I'd have preferred shirts. Probably not getting anything out of this.

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

no pullovers?
:eyes designs:
Woot just saved me $100!
\o/

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I like the idea of a paper-only turn. The way these week-long things take shirt designs and expand them into hoodies, totes, posters, etc. allows me to enjoy the art that I liked on shirts in different ways. I don't know that any of these specific designs are for me, really, but I love the idea and hope it comes back again sometime.

pessin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pessin

So sad that orders can't be grouped : because for international I don't see why posters and cards can't be in the same box... 5$ for each of these ridiculously small orders !

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
spilzer wrote:Argh, I've been waiting to get Vilanous Velociraptor on a t-shirt for ages now, but the poster format is unwearable.

Solution: Two copies and plenty of staples.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

Again, wishing a print on one item was on another. Would've loved "Escape" from Patrickspens on a poster!

Nothing for me this time.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

scfrome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scfrome

Ok I'm in! Had to get Cmdixon cards as I own three of the matching shirts! Also figure the Cupcake Dino will make great birthday cards for the kiddos. Thanks for a new way to support these wonderful artists!

choanata

quality posts: 1 Private Messages choanata

Had to buy Patrickspens prints. Too many really great ones, but the Ancient Tree was too amazing to pass up. I love Ramyb's Blue Bird print, but I'm probably going to pass because I'm not in love with enough of the rest. If there were different RamyB selections with Blue Bird, like Lucky At Last (awesome), I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I really like cmdixon2's Tucan, but not enough to get the rest. They are great, just not my style.

I hope woot does these pocket prints more often, it's my favorite size to buy art in, and my wife won't mind because it doesn't take up any room!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

A Laugh-Out-Loud cats poster?!

::drool::

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Picked up some mini prints! If they're like the postcard prints I get of my stuff, they will be awesome.

I do love the poster prints, but I agree that some other choices would have been great. Some more flourishy art ones, or even some cute animal ones. I would have liked Grim Optimism on a poster.

Thanks for offering these options, Woot!

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
Spiritgreen wrote:A Laugh-Out-Loud cats poster?!

Wooo! I thought the design name wasn't familiar last night, but didn't look any further into it.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bassanimation wrote:Picked up some mini prints! If they're like the postcard prints I get of my stuff, they will be awesome.

I like mini prints - cheap to frame, fun to arrange!

I'm just hanging out, really.

panpear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages panpear

Oo, I collect postcards so these pocket prints are the perfect size! I already get a lot (too much) art in postcard size so these will go nicely with the collection... Someday I may even frame them!

ianleino

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ianleino

Woohoo! So excited to see that my "Code of Arms" design is available again -and as a poster! Quite a few people mentioned wanting to put this up in their offices, and now they'll be able to. Thanks Woot!

Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Google+
My Shop [/url]

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Yeap, just ordered Patrick's and Ramyb's pocket prints. This guys are an inspiration to me. I'll be happy to own a little bit of their souls... I mean, art...

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd

I was thinking about getting cmdixon's set of pocket prints, since I'm a fan of all those illustrations, but I'm not sure what I'd do with pictures of that size. Any suggestions? I have several framed 4x6ish pictures of family members on a ledge at home, but I feel like it might be a little weird* to intersperse illustrations of robots and such with them.

*weird or awesome, but I'm leaning toward weird.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
clarinerd wrote:I was thinking about getting cmdixon's set of pocket prints, since I'm a fan of all those illustrations, but I'm not sure what I'd do with pictures of that size. Any suggestions? I have several framed 4x6ish pictures of family members on a ledge at home, but I feel like it might be a little weird* to intersperse illustrations of robots and such with them.

*weird or awesome, but I'm leaning toward weird.

Maybe a little cluster arrangement in cute frames?

I'm just hanging out, really.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
Spiritgreen wrote:A Laugh-Out-Loud cats poster?!

Oh My Fruitful Garden! I checked the new sale out on my phone earlier, and the thumbnail for ApeLad's poster just looked like a black blob... I had no idea it was a Laugh-Out-Loud Cats print until just now! Thank you for pointing that out! I'm not a cat person, but I love me some L-O-L Cats! :-D

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

jma89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jma89

So I read the tweet and the first thing into my head when I read there were cards this week was "Wow. Shirt.Woot playing cards would be AWESOME!"

Alas it would be awesome, but such awesome is not here this week. /slightly sad.

John Hancock [What? It's my signature... Well, at least the John part.]

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
jma89 wrote:So I read the tweet and the first thing into my head when I read there were cards this week was "Wow. Shirt.Woot playing cards would be AWESOME!"

Alas it would be awesome, but such awesome is not here this week. /slightly sad.

Woot should totally do this! With a different image on each card! Or, even better, have a playing card side-derby where we vote for clever versions of each card in succession for a year, when all 52 cards will be done.

It would be awesome beyond words. Maybe it would be better to just start cards.woot. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

sebitron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sebitron

asdalsjdfalsjdfkljdsf I love the idea of posters/miniprints/whatnot. Since I own somewhere in the region of 40ish shirt.woot shirts I'm trying to cut down on my purchasing but this is an excellent way to enjoy the artwork the talented artists here make.

I, for one, would love it if every week along with whatever the theme things are, there were a few collections of miniprints from old reckoned shirt designs.

WindRunner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages WindRunner

Disappointed that the pocket prints aren't full-size posters. Those little stinkers are the really artistic ones worthy of the full poster print, if not even bigger. I'd by 24"x36" prints of a lot of cmdixon2's work...even some that I wouldn't necessarily buy on a shirt!!

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2

Pondering the purchase of a packet of Patrickpens pocket prints...

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich

Do these run a little small, a little large, what? Will they shrink in the laundry? I hate when they get shorter and wider.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
ivanivanovich wrote:Do these run a little small, a little large, what? Will they shrink in the laundry? I hate when they get shorter and wider.

Yes, they're Mac compatible!