WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Time again for another march toward t-shirt doom! Discuss this week's life-or-death struggle for sales supremacy as chronicled on the Reckoning page all week long.

Here's how the Reckoning week runs now: every Tuesday at midnight, we retire the previous week's lowest-selling shirts and launch this here discussion thread. Tuesday around noon we'll post the all-new, all-early Reckoning Recon. On Friday, we'll juice demand and prime the pump with a little weekend reminder post. Finally, on the following Monday, the Day of Reckoning post sounds the last call for the Reckoned shirts. All of those posts will be linked below. Monday night (or Tuesday morning), it starts all over again. The Reckoning, she is a hungry beast...

Quality Posts

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

Must I do everything around here, WootBot?! Rephrased from the usual post ...

Here's how the Reckoning week runs now: every Tuesday at midnight, we retire the previous week's lowest-selling shirts and launch this here discussion thread. Tuesday around noon WootBot may or may not post the all-new, all-early Reckoning Recon. On Friday, WootBot may or may not prime the pump with a little weekend reminder post. Finally, on the following Monday, the Day of Reckoning post sounds the last call for the Reckoned shirts. WootBot is usually good here. Usually.

Monday night (or Tuesday morning), it starts all over again. The Reckoning, she is a hungry beast...

As for where I fill in ... here are the baseline numbers for this week, as of 7 minutes ago:

Legend: (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - baseline sales numbers.
(1) Hungry Hungry Games - 4042
(2) Lucky at last - 8305
(3) Read - 4136
(4) Shhhhhhh - 10714
(5) 1971-Floppy Diskette - 7964
(6) WET||SLIPPERY WHEN - 4373
(7) After All This Time - 2513
(8) They’re too Short - 2526
(9) Curiosity - 3259
(10) ProCATStination - 3177
(11) Critical Hit - 2605
(12) The Binge - 56762
(13) Nevermore - 47223
(14) Nyan's Dream - 3973
(15) Family Breakfast - 13973
(16) They See Me Rollin' - 5006
(17) Not Like The Others… - 3142
(18) Family Portrait - 4747
(19) Pirate (space)ship - 2039
(20) NOT TRICKS, MICHAEL - 3480
(21) 1981 - 3977
(22) Almost Free - 1636
(23) The Start of Spring - 2386
(24) In Bloom - 1241
(25) Dandelion Drops - 816
(26) A Long Time Ago in a Land Down, Down Under - 598
(91) Hang In There - 1130

Daily Sales Rates are for informational purposes only and are not 100% accurate.
1. Hungry Hungry Games - Approx. 124.26 real time DSR; 41.43 Woot-based DSR
2. Lucky at last - Approx. 53 real time DSR; 39.75 Woot-based DSR
3. Read - Approx. 64.53 real time DSR; 33.38 Woot-based DSR
4. Shhhhhhh - Approx. 43.57 real time DSR; 32.68 Woot-based DSR
5. 1971-Floppy Diskette - Approx. 40.62 real time DSR; 30.46 Woot-based DSR
6. WET||SLIPPERY WHEN - Approx. 36.8 real time DSR; 26.29 Woot-based DSR
7. After All This Time - Approx. 44.94 real time DSR; 24.65 Woot-based DSR
8. They’re too Short - Approx. 36.21 real time DSR; 24.42 Woot-based DSR
9. Curiosity - Approx. 40.31 real time DSR; 23.21 Woot-based DSR
10. ProCATStination - Approx. 48.9 real time DSR; 21.52 Woot-based DSR
11. Critical Hit - Approx. 32.76 real time DSR; 19.66 Woot-based DSR
12. The Binge - Approx. 23.95 real time DSR; 17.96 Woot-based DSR
13. Nevermore - Approx. 22.52 real time DSR; 16.89 Woot-based DSR
14. Nyan's Dream - Approx. 22.14 real time DSR; 16.61 Woot-based DSR
15. Family Breakfast - Approx. 21.86 real time DSR; 16.39 Woot-based DSR
16. They See Me Rollin' - Approx. 21.33 real time DSR; 16 Woot-based DSR
17. Not Like The Others… - Approx. 22.3 real time DSR; 15.66 Woot-based DSR
18. Family Portrait - Approx. 20.76 real time DSR; 15.57 Woot-based DSR
19. Pirate (space)ship - Approx. 19.9 real time DSR; 14.93 Woot-based DSR
20. NOT TRICKS, MICHAEL - Approx. 18.14 real time DSR; 13.61 Woot-based DSR
21. 1981 - Approx. 18.05 real time DSR; 13.54 Woot-based DSR
22. Almost Free - Approx. 19.36 real time DSR; 12.41 Woot-based DSR
23. The Start of Spring - Approx. 183.74 real time DSR; 12.27 Woot-based DSR
24. In Bloom - Approx. 23.59 real time DSR; 6.21 Woot-based DSR
25. Dandelion Drops - Approx. 31.98 real time DSR; 5.65 Woot-based DSR
26. A Long Time Ago in a Land Down, Down Under - Approx. 12.22 real time DSR; 4.78 Woot-based DSR

Quality Posts

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

I nominate Narfcake for Wootbot 2012. He's the right wooter for the job, and he'll show up for the job.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

My personal feelings about Star Wars/Pop Cult aside, I do feel poorly for Spacesick, as I can't help but wonder if the low sales numbers are due in part to the long stretches of downtime/server problems on its initial sale day.

Narfcake

endangeredomega wrote:My personal feelings about Star Wars/Pop Cult aside, I do feel poorly for Spacesick, as I can't help but wonder if the low sales numbers are due in part to the long stretches of downtime/server problems on its initial sale day.

Definitely. It's not the time it has happened either; one of Boots' designs happened to be on the day they switched the servers, which cut out nearly half of its debut day.

WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

What are druthers? People are always talking about if they had theirs, then things would be different, but no one ever seems to comment on actually possessing their own druthers. Discuss. Here are the Reckoning standings as of when I copied and pasted this:

1. Hungry Hungry Games (noob)
  2. Lucky at Last 
  3. Read
  4. Shhhhhhh
  5. 1971-Floppy Diskette
  6. WET||SLIPPERY WHEN
  7. After All This Time
  8. They're too short
  9. Curiosity
  10. ProCATStination (noob)
  11. Critical Hit
  12. The Binge
  13. Family Breakfast
  14. Nevermore
  15. Nyan's Dream
  16. They See Me Rollin'
  17. Not Like The Others...
  18. Family Portrait
  19. Pirate (space)ship
  20. The Start of Spring (noob)

The Danger Zone

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote

Narf - Thanks for getting up the RECKONING DISCUSSION - not having an official one must be a mistake

Narfcake

grahamcrackercoyote wrote:Narf - Thanks for getting up the RECKONING DISCUSSION - not having an official one must be a mistake

Yep - someone forgot to booze up WootBot last night. FWIW, there's no discussion thread linked to the blog post.
Reckoning Recon 3/27/2012

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Narfcake wrote:Yep - someone forgot to booze up WootBot last night. FWIW, there's no discussion thread linked to the blog post.
Reckoning Recon 3/27/2012

Has Llander's RL name always been tied to the blog posts?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Narfcake

j5 wrote:Has Llander's RL name always been tied to the blog posts?

AFAIK, yes. But for all intents and purposes, he's WootBot when it comes to these posts.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

STILL no official DoR242 thread? Yikes.

I am glad someone else asked the llandar/WootBot identity question. I had been wondering the same thing in my head, but wasn't sure if it would be kosher to ask. Llandar seemed to take criticism of woot's handling of the blank change rather personally in the relevant thread, and I'd rather not do any unintentional fertilizer-stirring.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05

So...If the raven survives this week it will officially get to it's 4-year mark (April 5).

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq
bluejester wrote:I nominate Narfcake for Wootbot 2012. He's the right wooter for the job, and he'll show up for the job.

Seconded

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
quabaq wrote:Seconded

Here too.

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:I nominate Narfcake for Wootbot 2012. He's the right wooter for the job, and he'll show up for the job.

quabaq wrote:Seconded

morgankohl wrote:Here too.

Hey, if they start paying me, I'll take on that official role. I'm posting most every night already.

Narfcake

dcroe05 wrote:So...If the raven survives this week it will officially get to it's 4-year mark (April 5).

Sad, isn't it?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Seriously, this is ridiculous. Until today, I'd assumed that wootbot was a general staff account, not a single person, but how difficult is it to ensure that one posts nearly identical updates, a few times a week, week-after-week? Of course, as long as narfcake is doing wootbot's job, wootbot has no reason to show up. :p

I nominate that we stay here even if a discussion thread is finally opened on the Reckoning Recon blog post.

shirts printed on AA
- Hungry, Hungry Games (kids)
- 1971 (all sizes)
- They're Too Short (men)
- ProCATSination (women)
- Binge (all sizes)
- Family Breakfast (all sizes)
- Da Bird (all sizes)
- The Start of Spring (all sizes)
- Nyan's Dream (men, kids) [report of K6 on Anvil]
- Family Portrait (men, women)
- 1981 (women, kids)
- Not Tricks, Micheal! (all)
- Almost Free (men)
- In Bloom (men)
- Hang in There (kids)
- Casual Friday (men)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake

neuropsychosocial wrote:Seriously, this is ridiculous. ...

To be honest, I really don't fret the lack of the usual Tuesday/Friday/Monday closing posts, but since it's written in the primary post, I make it a joke whenever the said posting is absent. OTOH, not even having the starting post for this week's reckoning discussion ... that's getting bad.

AFAIK, the WootBot user is a common automated account, as other blog posts automatically end up in the threads as such too. From what I've seen, Randy is the one who usually writes for the ones here, but Jason has fulfilled the role from time to time too. I don't recall seeing Scott covering any reckoning posts before, though.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey there. I sent an email off to see if Wootbot went on vacation without telling us. Hopefully they'll pin him down soon.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

quabaq

ThunderThighs wrote:Hey there. I sent an email off to see if Wootbot went on vacation without telling us. Hopefully they'll pin him down soon.

Maybe Wootbot's been a little depressed. Or he's been hitting the bottle.

Narfcake

quabaq wrote:Maybe Wootbot's been a little depressed. Or he's been hitting the bottle.

He's a bot. It's when they're NOT hitting the bottle that's the problem.

ThunderThighs wrote:Hey there. I sent an email off to see if Wootbot went on vacation without telling us. Hopefully they'll pin him down soon.

I first read that as "they'll put him down soon." ...

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2
neuropsychosocial wrote:n the Reckoning Recon blog post.

shirts printed on AA
- 1971 (all sizes)
- ProCATSination (women)
- Binge (all sizes)
- Da Bird (all sizes)
- Nyan's Dream (men, kids )
- 1981 (women, kids)
- Almost Free (men)
- In Bloom (men)
- Hang in There (kids)
- Casual Friday (men)

I just received a Nyan's dream in K6 on Anvil-blue tag, said made in Honduras(and it didn't match the posted size chart, either..not sure what's up with that...)

Narfcake

One night, and congrats to Firefrogh for the 43rd shirt to hit the 8,000 mark!

Legend: Current rank (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - (Additional sales) and total quantity as of this posting. Refer to the beginning of this reckoning for the baseline sales numbers. DSR are for informational purposes only and not 100% accurate.
1 (1) Hungry Hungry Games - (+103) to 4145. Approx. 107.44 real time DSR; 51.24 Woot-based DSR
2 (2) Lucky at last - (+17) to 8322. Approx. 50.21 real time DSR; 40.36 Woot-based DSR
3 (3) Read - (+48) to 4184. Approx. 59.06 real time DSR; 36.69 Woot-based DSR
4 (4) Shhhhhhh - (+38) to 10752. Approx. 42.34 real time DSR; 34.04 Woot-based DSR
5 (5) 1971-Floppy Diskette - (+36) to 8000. Approx. 39.5 real time DSR; 31.75 Woot-based DSR
6 (6) WET||SLIPPERY WHEN - (+35) to 4408. Approx. 35.72 real time DSR; 27.71 Woot-based DSR
7 (7) After All This Time - (+19) to 2532. Approx. 40.07 real time DSR; 25.87 Woot-based DSR
8 (8) They’re too Short - (+28) to 2554. Approx. 34.55 real time DSR; 25.72 Woot-based DSR
9 (9) Curiosity - (+21) to 3280. Approx. 36.7 real time DSR; 24.48 Woot-based DSR
10 (10) ProCATStination - (+36) to 3213. Approx. 43.52 real time DSR; 24.4 Woot-based DSR
11 (11) Critical Hit - (+19) to 2624. Approx. 30.23 real time DSR; 20.74 Woot-based DSR
12 (12) The Binge - (+55) to 56817. Approx. 24.79 real time DSR; 19.93 Woot-based DSR
13 (15) Family Breakfast - (+65) to 14038. Approx. 23.28 real time DSR; 18.71 Woot-based DSR
14 (23) The Start of Spring - (+52) to 2438. Approx. 71.73 real time DSR; 19.2 Woot-based DSR
15 (13) Nevermore - (+18) to 47241. Approx. 21.81 real time DSR; 17.54 Woot-based DSR
16 (14) Nyan's Dream - (+13) to 3986. Approx. 21.24 real time DSR; 17.07 Woot-based DSR
17 (16) They See Me Rollin' - (+22) to 5028. Approx. 20.88 real time DSR; 16.79 Woot-based DSR
18 (17) Not Like The Others… - (+17) to 3159. Approx. 21.38 real time DSR; 16.38 Woot-based DSR
19 (18) Family Portrait - (+16) to 4763. Approx. 20.08 real time DSR; 16.14 Woot-based DSR
20 (19) Pirate (space)ship - (+18) to 2057. Approx. 19.37 real time DSR; 15.57 Woot-based DSR
21 (21) 1981 - (+26) to 4003. Approx. 17.99 real time DSR; 14.46 Woot-based DSR
22 (20) NOT TRICKS, MICHAEL - (+14) to 3494. Approx. 17.55 real time DSR; 14.11 Woot-based DSR
22 (22) Almost Free - (+13) to 1649. Approx. 18.2 real time DSR; 13.08 Woot-based DSR
24 (24) In Bloom - (+19) to 1260. Approx. 19.46 real time DSR; 8.21 Woot-based DSR
25 (25) Dandelion Drops - (+18) to 834. Approx. 21.94 real time DSR; 7.76 Woot-based DSR
26 (26) A Long Time Ago in a Land Down, Down Under - (+11) to 609. Approx. 10.99 real time DSR; 5.74 Woot-based DSR
91 (91) Hang In There - (+59) to 1189. Approx. 58.55 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
92 (92) Casual Friday - 4185.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

While we seem heartless, I'm sure everyone here hopes that WootBot is okay, along with any/all of his human alter egos!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

ljwilke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke
wanderbug2 wrote:I just received a Nyan's dream in K6 on Anvil-blue tag, said made in Honduras(and it didn't match the posted size chart, either..not sure what's up with that...)

if you really think about it, they can't possibly run out of an entire batch of shirts before they have to print a new batch. they would need to do a new batch as soon as they run out of a single size, meaning that each size will switch over at a slightly different time.

judging from the number of people who have mentioned receiving anvil when AA was still listed, i would guess that they must be updating the size chart when the old batch completely runs out instead of when the first of the new batch starts shipping.

since the people ordering men's sizes seem to either prefer AA or not have a preference, i think this would be better the other way around. if people were getting AA when expecting anvil they would either not care or be pleasantly surprised, as opposed to the current situation of not care or be annoyed.

with the women's shirt preferences go both ways, and even ladies who can wear either will need different sizes depending on the brand so i don't see a way a batch transition between the brands won't bite woot in the ass.

i'm guessing that since even a very small difference can be pretty significant on something as small as a kids shirt, they may be suffering from the same issues as the women's sizes as they transition from an AA batch to an Anvil batch.

Narfcake

Speaking of ridiculous, I'll let the picture do the talking ...

FWIW, I did take a screen cap of the sizing chart so even a ninja-edit won't do any good.

Two weeks ago,

ramyb wrote:On that note, save the cat! It's even still on AA for now

*sigh* ...

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2
ljwilke wrote:if you really think about it, they can't possibly run out of an entire batch of shirts before they have to print a new batch. they would need to do a new batch as soon as they run out of a single size, meaning that each size will switch over at a slightly different time.

judging from the number of people who have mentioned receiving anvil when AA was still listed, i would guess that they must be updating the size chart when the old batch completely runs out instead of when the first of the new batch starts shipping.

...snip

with the women's shirt preferences go both ways, and even ladies who can wear either will need different sizes depending on the brand so i don't see a way a batch transition between the brands won't bite woot in the ass.

i'm guessing that since even a very small difference can be pretty significant on something as small as a kids shirt, they may be suffering from the same issues as the women's sizes as they transition from an AA batch to an Anvil batch.

The frustrating part is that I've now gotten three shirts marked K6 that measure out as the K4 per woot's own kids Anvil size chart. I got the first one, complained, they sent a second one (that was the same size, also marked k6) and now I've gotten a third, that I was expecting to get as an AA. (I'm beginning to wonder if CS is located somewhere separate from the shirts so they have no way to even look at the product.)

I don't know what I'll do about the Nyan's Dream. I'm not enjoying being a complainer but these shirts just aren't right.
But, that's enough of that. I don't want to hijack this thread anymore, either.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike

So this is where the party is this week? Has Y2k12 hit the WootBot? Why is the Raven so high on the chart? I'm asking too many questions for 6 a.m. on the east coast.

Yeah, so there's that...

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1
ljwilke wrote:

I received an AA Too Many Cooks when the entire batch was supposed to be Anvil. Explain that one...

quabaq

Wow, not much action in the reckoning this week. Can we expect a quiet reckoning this Monday?

Narfcake

quabaq wrote:Wow, not much action in the reckoning this week. Can we expect a quiet reckoning this Monday?

There will be some more movement. More and more of us regulars are feeling apathtic these days, though, hence the lack of discussions.

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar
quabaq wrote:Wow, not much action in the reckoning this week. Can we expect a quiet reckoning this Monday?

There might be a little jockeying around spots 20-22 by Monday, but I suspect that's about it.

Just to give you an idea of how much things have slowed down recently, the 20th place shirt in the 2/27 Reckoning had an estimated Daily Sale Rate that was just over 23. This week, the 20th place shirt may have a DSR under 19 when all is said and done.

Narfcake

"last post by WootBot
Mar 28, 2012 2:02 PM"

WootBot's ninja-edit to made this thread official now.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Narfcake wrote:"last post by WootBot
Mar 28, 2012 2:02 PM"

WootBot's ninja-edit to made this thread official now.

HE straight up ninja's a whole bloody thread. That's some impressive work.

Side note, I miss my days when foal = Skippy Squirrel.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

ktran7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktran7

Really wish Dandelion Drops and In Bloom has women AA for a present to a friend. So far only bought In Bloom for myself because luckily, i noticed it was on AA for men.

neuropsychosocial wrote:Seriously, this is ridiculous. Until today, I'd assumed that wootbot was a general staff account, not a single person, but how difficult is it to ensure that one posts nearly identical updates, a few times a week, week-after-week? Of course, as long as narfcake is doing wootbot's job, wootbot has no reason to show up. :p

I nominate that we stay here even if a discussion thread is finally opened on the Reckoning Recon blog post.

shirts printed on AA
- 1971 (all sizes)
- ProCATSination (women)
- Binge (all sizes)
- Da Bird (all sizes)
- Nyan's Dream (men, kids)
- 1981 (women, kids)
- Almost Free (men)
- In Bloom (men)
- Hang in There (kids)
- Casual Friday (men)

ljwilke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke
cmillard1 wrote:I received an AA Too Many Cooks when the entire batch was supposed to be Anvil. Explain that one...

since my assumption is based on applied logic and that defies logic, i've got nothing.

bluejester

bounty42 wrote:HE straight up ninja's a whole bloody thread. That's some impressive work.

Side note, I miss my days when foal = Skippy Squirrel.

Same here, I assume that woot is doing a "My Little Ponies" thing right now. I feel like the Animaniacs filter should have gotten more play.

Might I suggest a Ducktales filter next for woot? I'd like to see Scrooge and the gang get some play.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Narfcake wrote:There will be some more movement. More and more of us regulars are feeling apathtic these days, though, hence the lack of discussions.

I assume more and more apathy regarding the apparent continued worsening of (and lack of response to) the blanks situation?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bluejester wrote:Same here, I assume that woot is doing a "My Little Ponies" thing right now. I feel like the Animaniacs filter should have gotten more play.

I think the filters are spring season related.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

bluejester

We've had so much drama on the Reckoning over the past few weeks that it's funny to think it might be settling down this week. I feel like we've come to expect the drama.

Quick, some one randomly insult some one else's designing prowess! I need my fix.