tangolite132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangolite132

(I would email Woot, but the directions say to ask the forum people first. .o.)

Alright, alright, so how do you get quality posts on Woot? Spiritgreen has ninety-nine or something, and it makes me so confused! D: ...So, I've written pretty intelligent things here on Woot, but I don't get a quality post upgrade or NOTHIN'! So I's just wondering. :3 Thanks.

-Tangolite

"Riddle me this, riddle me that: who's afraid of the big black bat?"

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
tangolite132 wrote:(I would email Woot, but the directions say to ask the forum people first. .o.)

Alright, alright, so how do you get quality posts on Woot? Spiritgreen has ninety-nine or something, and it makes me so confused! D: ...So, I've written pretty intelligent things here on Woot, but I don't get a quality post upgrade or NOTHIN'! So I's just wondering. :3 Thanks.

-Tangolite

Be more like this guy

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

On shirt.woot, quality posts tend to be given out in shirt sale threads, reckoning threads, pre-derby announcement threads, and other random main forum threads. Quality posts are pretty much never given out in Derby threads, which is where you seem to mostly post. If you wish to even stand a chance of getting quality posts, you may choose to start posting in places where quality posts are actually given out. Also, y'know, be clever/thoughtful/informative/silly/whatever catches a moderator's fancy at whatever time. Also also? Buy something. Or buy a mod something. Either / or. But preferably the latter.

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal
j5 wrote:Be more like this guy

I miss him. When I hit your link, that's who I thought was gonna come up.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
goneferal wrote:I miss him. When I hit your link, that's who I thought was gonna come up.

Yeah, I wish Nightghost would reappear in the forums. I miss his presence as well.

If you're out there, come back man! We miss you.

lily1029

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lily1029

Can anyone tell me how to find my quality posts now with the new site layout? I don't remember when I got my third and it is driving me crazy trying to find them! :p

j5

lily1029 wrote:Can anyone tell me how to find my quality posts now with the new site layout? I don't remember when I got my third and it is driving me crazy trying to find them! :p

Not sure how you used to do it, but I've always had to walk through the blog posts (on all sites) to find mine. I tried to use the "members.woot" page, but I found it to be notoriously unreliable.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
goldenthorn wrote:On shirt.woot, quality posts tend to be given out in shirt sale threads, reckoning threads, pre-derby announcement threads, and other random main forum threads. Quality posts are pretty much never given out in Derby threads, which is where you seem to mostly post. If you wish to even stand a chance of getting quality posts, you may choose to start posting in places where quality posts are actually given out. Also, y'know, be clever/thoughtful/informative/silly/whatever catches a moderator's fancy at whatever time. Also also? Buy something. Or buy a mod something. Either / or. But preferably the latter.

"Buy something"??

That sounds like you're cheapening the value of the quality posts. I'm expecting the best comments by ANYONE who is posting at the time to show up highlighted. I'm not wanting to read the carpy comments of some hipster chump just because he's bought lots of stuff. I want to hear from the hipster chumps when they are saying somefing clever, funny, or that might make me more interested/engaged with the product. #seriouslyunimpressed

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
Josephus wrote:"Buy something"??

That sounds like you're cheapening the value of the quality posts.

I think that was more of a joke; the Wooter in context spent their time in the derby discussion, which means no voting privileges for not having bought anything.

FWIW, I was down two Quilled Porcupines after the redesign. Where they got lost, I have no idea ... nor do I have the patience to look for them.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

I've bought lots and lots, never gotten a Quiet Protest just for the black box.

Heck, I comment lots and lots, but seldom on the 'right' threads.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

I usually give them out for people who post in my Music Monday posts, if they keep to the rules in the post and post something that fits the theme. If you need a few, head over and join in!

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:"Buy something"??

That sounds like you're cheapening the value of the quality posts. I'm expecting the best comments by ANYONE who is posting at the time to show up highlighted. I'm not wanting to read the carpy comments of some hipster chump just because he's bought lots of stuff. I want to hear from the hipster chumps when they are saying somefing clever, funny, or that might make me more interested/engaged with the product. #seriouslyunimpressed

You're totally right. That's exactly what I meant. Two-plus months ago. In total context.
Thaaaaat's goldenthorn: Always Serious & Quite Mercenary, Especially About Quality Posts. #itslikeudontevenknowme #acheybreakyheart #lykdisifyoucryevrytiem #YOLO #hashtagwhatwhaaat

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
goldenthorn wrote:You're totally right. That's exactly what I meant. Two-plus months ago. In total context.
Thaaaaat's goldenthorn: Always Serious & Quite Mercenary, Especially About Quality Posts. #itslikeudontevenknowme #acheybreakyheart #lykdisifyoucryevrytiem #YOLO #hashtagwhatwhaaat

I thought he was joking till I read the #. Then I was confused.

Edit. 8 qps? When did that happen, I don't post in the right threads for that.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

blanked wrote:
Edit. 8 qps? When did that happen, I don't post in the right threads for that.

Nor have you bought me enough (shock: or any!) things for that. So with which mod/volmod are you bribecheating on me, huh?! #betrayed #rainingonmyface #someonejustbribemealready #igotcheaphipsterchumptattooedacrossmychestbeforeitwascool

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

@goldenthorn: Wait, did I miss the memo that woot was turning over its tagging system to twitter, just like it's turning over its forums to facebook and list of available items to pinterest? #4real

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

j5

Until Woot finishes with the evil midnight crashes what crash at midnight, I'm going to go watch some BBT reruns.
#notworththebother,
###penny

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
goldenthorn wrote:Nor have you bought me enough (shock: or any!) things for that. So with which mod/volmod are you bribecheating on me, huh?! #betrayed #rainingonmyface #someonejustbribemealready #igotcheaphipsterchumptattooedacrossmychestbeforeitwascool

The only other mod who's name I know is don'twanta name <- I know I messed that up.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

@All: +1 lolololololol

WHATEVA

checkyoself.gif

WHATEVA

b4uwreckyoself.txt

I DO WHAT I WANT

Spiderman.mp4

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

@j5: woah, midnight crashes! #soannoying #bbt?!? #fridaynightlights!

Now I want to write a parody of Lightning Crashes.
Midnight crashes, a good website dies
Its influence soon will implode
The forum posts their sighs
The confusion sets in
Before the website can even load the code

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42

#Dontyoujusthatetryingtoreadahashtagwhenitgetsreallylongbecausethereisallthesemissingspacesandyouareneverquitesurewheretheyshouldhavebeen??

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

#fascinatingresponses, #whendidGTreclaimthe'crazyone'tag,
#whendidIgetsosensitive?

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

I have solved this mystery. Post on topic in the Reckoning when everyone else has gone off on some interesting tangent. Quiet Protest for sure.