WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The cutest tummies? Evenly matched. The most adorable babies? Evenly matched. The most playful? Evenly matched. Most likely to be on your kid’s list of potential pets? EVENLY MATCHED.

So we’re not gonna settle this on paper. The only way to decide between penguins and bunnies is to go head-to-head, penguo-y-bunno, item vs item, and let sales figures decide. Like our previous cage match we’ll be selling short-sleeved tees, long-sleeved tees, hoodies and a tote bag, and you’ll vote the only way that matters: with your wallet. Orders will begin shipping on Wednesday, April 11th and the winning species will be announced next week. Take a look at what we’re offering below:

Zip-Up Hoodie - $30

Long-Sleeve Tee - $20
by Wenceslao Almazán

Tote Bag - $10
by littleclyde

Tee - $15
by ukulelefreak
by ramyb
by littleclyde
by Naolito
by Robbie Lee
by Robbie Lee
by Ochopika
by jamescho84

All orders will begin shipping on April 11th and only one thing’s for sure. Whoever wins, we all lose… our minds over how adorable the battle’s gonna be. Can you even imagine! One’s flapping those little wings, the other keeps tripping over those big floppy ears, everybody’s hopping around, this is going to be the BEST! FIGHT! EVER!.

Quality Posts

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

I've a younger sister with a birthday next month for whom I've been building a collection of penguin shirts from Woot.

Sadly, she won't be adding to it this year. Between the price increase and the poor quality/sizing of the new blanks, I just can't justify a purchase.

Sorry little sis ... too bad you're one of the former WS wearers now left out in the cold by the supplier switch. O_o

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

I've always wanted Listen to Your Conscience. :D :D :D

Also, bunnies FTW!!!!!

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

Man! I've always wanted The Aviator but it's probably going to come on the Anvil Tees now. Dang.

Does anybody know where the hoodies are made?

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

I would have gotten Slow and Steady if it was on AA. Another disappointment.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
bassanimation wrote:
Also, bunnies FTW!!!!!

PENNNNNGUINS!!!!!!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

ckovalak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ckovalak
endangeredomega wrote:I've a younger sister with a birthday next month for whom I've been building a collection of penguin shirts from Woot.

Sadly, she won't be adding to it this year. Between the price increase and the poor quality/sizing of the new blanks, I just can't justify a purchase.

Sorry little sis ... too bad you're one of the former WS wearers now left out in the cold by the supplier switch. O_o

According to the sizing chart, three of the penguin shirts are available on AA still (Emperor Penguin, Killer Penguin, and One Flight Per Customer). Don't leave your sister out in the cold!

Narfcake

quality posts: 289 Private Messages Narfcake

Existing sale numbers for the t-shirts as of 7 minutes ago:

Bun Bun - 1011
Cooler Than You - 5581
Eatser Bunny - 1672
Emperor Penguin - 2595
In addition to your radishes, I will take this - 1993
Killer Penguin - 2214
Listen To Your Conscience - 3603
One Flight Per Customer - 4323
Slow and Steady - 1856
The Aviator - 4838
Upon Closer Inspection... - 2574
You Have to Try This Guys - 9488

polluxoil wrote:Man! I've always wanted The Aviator but it's probably going to come on the Anvil Tees now. Dang.

Does anybody know where the hoodies are made?

Hoodies are made in Honduras. Best I figured out in the past, Gildan G185 (pullover) and G186 (zip up).

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Oh, happiness! I spilled coffee all over my "In addition to your radishes..." during one particularly (possibly over-)speedy morning commute, so I am quite overjoyed to replace it with a new one! Huzzah Deadfrog artistry! (Especially as it seems to be printed for ladies on AA!)

Also, it is known fact that cats win all animal cage matches--AS THEY RIGHTLY SHOULD--so this whole thing is a totally moot point of argument. YEAH I SAID IT.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Wonder why Ironic Bunny is the only one not available on a short sleeve tee?

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin

A SIDE SALE FEATURING MY FAVORITE ANIMAL. YES.

TEAM PENGUIN.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
xpenguin wrote:
TEAM PENGUIN.

HIGH FIVE!

It looks like all three baby blue shirt, Killer Penguin, and In Addition... are all printed on AA in women's sizes.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

xpenguin

Also, why is there no penguin tote bag? I'd love No Bowling!!! To be featured on a tote bag.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

THE AVIATOR!! I've been trying to get this shirt for forever. Can't decide between a zip up (to wear over 'Why Can't I Fly, Friend?') or a long sleeve shirt (cheaper). Too bad the t-shirts are on Anvil or I would just buy two of those instead.

xpenguin

neuropsychosocial wrote:HIGH FIVE!

It looks like all three baby blue shirt, Killer Penguin, and In Addition... are all printed on AA in women's sizes.

I purchased One Flight Per Customer just now :D - Debating on purchasing the Aviator hoodie too. Titanic is coming out this week (one of my favorite movies) - so I'll see at the end of the week if I'll purchase it.

dwimmz

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dwimmz

PS: the "nguin" is faaaar superior to the "turbu" in the world of potentially clichéd shirt.woot designs.

Bunnies - Annoying furballs with a sharp bite and near-viral reproduction capabilities.

Penguins - The most adorable creatures ever to grace this planet with existence. The list of endearing behavior is nearly endless: waddling, tobogganing, exhibiting no almost no fear of humans, etc. I mean, I could watch their antics for hours on end. (I may or may not actually do this via "penguin cams" when my life becomes particularly stressful...)

Clearly, this is a completely unbiased commentary.

adamselby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adamselby

This does not bode well for my wallet.

Narfcake

Slarti59 wrote:THE AVIATOR!! I've been trying to get this shirt for forever. Can't decide between a zip up (to wear over 'Why Can't I Fly, Friend?') or a long sleeve shirt (cheaper). ...

I thought it through and opted for the long sleeve tee. USA made, and I don't see myself needing a thicker hoodie here in SoCal for many months to come now.

(FWIW, I have the t-shirt already.)

rrhour

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rrhour

Anyone know how how the sizes for zip up hoodies compare to AA t-shirt sizes?

I used to get men's medium AA t-shirts and they fit pretty snug/tight. Don't want a hoodie that's too baggy, and prefer to have it go to about waist length.

JJrodny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JJrodny

Alright Woot, I think that's enough of this 'bringing back the old designs' thing. You've done it a half dozen times now. At first it was great, we were all excited to get a chance at one of those T-shirts we missed or a cool poster of it or whatever. It was a cool special, it was only for Christmas.. or for Halloween... or for New Years...

Not because it's a Tuesday.

It's getting a bit old. Either open a separate portion of the site and allow us to buy old designs (destroying the original idea that the designs were only available for one day, to get them when you could... however the Reckoning has really already led to the demise of this idea..)

Or cut this out.

Seriously.

Thanks,
A fellow Wooter.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim

I HATE that these end on midnight on Sundays! I've missed out on buying these things on 3 or 4 occasions because of the deadline.

I check every day, but work till after midnight on Sundays. With my budget, I look early in the week, and decide by payday whether or not I'm going to buy... then I come here after work on Sunday and miss last weeks offerings! (Yes, I realize I have a week, but none of these have been insta buys with my wallet situation, so I have to wait).

I would have bought all 3 sets of mini prints last week... (hint hint woot, I will still purchase these if at all possible... I know you havent started production yet).

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

and once again, my wallet makes a narrow escape. if these had been pullovers, i'd have bought at least 4 of the above.

rumpatas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rumpatas

Bunnies AND Penguins? And yet Imposter is nowhere to be seen. Bunguins don't count?

MSUandUGA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MSUandUGA

Finally, I can get Eatser Bunny for my sister...too bad it will arrive at least a week after Easter. Longer than that since I chose the free super slow shipping, but hey, they aren't shipping until the Wednesday after Easter anyway!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
rumpatas wrote:Bunnies AND Penguins? And yet Imposter is nowhere to be seen. Bunguins don't count?

I hope Imposter is never reprinted. Thieves should not be rewarded.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
endangeredomega wrote:I've a younger sister with a birthday next month for whom I've been building a collection of penguin shirts from Woot.

You should go through and check each one... some are still available in AA's in kids'and women's sizes!

I'm pumped about the AA blanks! I'm going to buy maybe one or two today that I really like... and if there isn't any more good shirts this week than I'll probably grab some of my "second choices" this weekend. Although, I've got some high hopes for the derby this week!

mstefani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstefani

So many penguin shirts that I'd love to buy.. I wish I didn't hate the new shirts with a fiery passion.

I do appreciate woot bringing back these old shirts (mostly because 1/3 or so of them are printed on the old shirts).

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
mstefani wrote:So many penguin shirts that I'd love to buy.. I wish I didn't hate the new shirts with a fiery passion.

I do appreciate woot bringing back these old shirts (mostly because 1/3 or so of them are printed on the old shirts).

Probably because they're trying to get rid of their blue, white & cream AA.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59
Narfcake wrote:I thought it through and opted for the long sleeve tee. USA made, and I don't see myself needing a thicker hoodie here in SoCal for many months to come now.

(FWIW, I have the t-shirt already.)

Hmm, I don't wear long sleeves until it's colder than hoodie weather: shirt -> shirt + hoodie -> long sleeve+ hoodie

But, I'm edging towards the shirt. I like my zip ups tight so they don't bunch and woot doesn't have XS. I don't really wear long sleeves but I could always use a t-shirt as a template to cut the sleeves off. Has anyone tried this?

Edit: Wait, the K12s are on AA. Darnit, now I have another option to decide between.

Narfcake

Mavyn wrote:I hope Imposter is never be reprinted. Thieves should not be rewarded.

None of her's should ever be after what happened ... speaking of which, I still have an incidental copy of Music is Life that I have to get rid of, either through a trade or the BBQ pit.

elankat wrote:Probably because they're trying to get rid of their blue, white & cream AA.

Creme are Anvil blanks, hence a by TrekMiss and I.

Slarti59 wrote:Hmm, I don't wear long sleeves until it's colder than hoodie weather: shirt -> shirt + hoodie -> long sleeve+ hoodie ...

It's usually t-shirt > long sleeve -> hoodie for me. They're AA (2007) shirts, so it's not like they're thick or anything.

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca

No meatatarian? I just have to say I got this shirt in a trade and am quite pleased with it.

I am also hesitant about buying some of these tees, I know baby blue should still be in AA but I thought woot was out of AA Asphalt. Not sure if I should chance paying a premium price for a sub-par product.

And before people suggest the long sleeves I am from Arizona, not nearly cold enough.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
rumpatas wrote:Bunnies AND Penguins? And yet Imposter is nowhere to be seen. Bunguins don't count?

I serously doubt Woot would ever reprint a Sekiyoku after banning her. The "good" news though is that Ramyb is still around, has been in just about every side sale so far and the two are pretty much exactly the same artistically.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719

Boy, I'm sure glad that these side sales are devoted to promoting artists who rarely print, and shirt designs which weren't big sellers on their first go-around.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
Narfcake wrote:Creme are Anvil blanks, hence a by TrekMiss and I.

*sigh* One step closer to no more shirts.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
juliaL719 wrote:Boy, I'm sure glad that these side sales are devoted to promoting artists who rarely print, and shirt designs which weren't big sellers on their first go-around.

You forgot to add "/s" ;)

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Where are you getting that idea about the side sales?

I mean, yes that's an option, but from the start, they've included some popular designs in with the less popular ones. I don't recall them saying anything that implied they would only re/print less popular designs.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Mavyn wrote:Where are you getting that idea about the side sales?

I mean, yes that's an option, but from the start, they've included some popular designs in with the less popular ones. I don't recall them saying anything that implied they would only re/print less popular designs.

Yeah, I'm sure it's intentional. I haven't really felt inspired to complain because while they keep sticking a sticking a Ramy in there, they also include a Drakxxx, or Cmdixon, or Robbie Lee, or hell they even reprinted an Edgar.

Even in this most sickeningly cute overdone theme of an event there are a couple of cool ones.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Narfcake

Mavyn wrote:Where are you getting that idea about the side sales?

+1. Everyone's going to have different opinions anyways.

My perspective ... I feel the artist mix has been reasonable. A little too much leaning towards a couple artists, but last I checked, Woot is still a business.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Yay, I can finally get my own copy of Upon Closer Inspection... Thanks shirt.woot. I missed it the first time around.

oddlyjen

quality posts: 25 Private Messages oddlyjen

I can't tell you how absolutely excited I am to see Bun Bun reprint. I've been trying to (trade/buy/ransom) another one for a while - my husband loves that shirt. My younger son was born while my husband was wearing that shirt.

We'll be buying (at least one) regardless, but does anyone know if it's going to print on an AA blank or an Anvil blank?

Thanks for any information.