MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones

I'm really aggravated - I logged on to woot today to pick up this & Casual Friday

Anyone have a MM/ML they'd want to sell me?

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

alanhwoot

quality posts: 40 Private Messages alanhwoot

Unfortunately, it looks like he broke the "never published before" rule.

http://jimsmash.blogspot.com/2012/03/t-shirt-of-day-free-hugs.html

audra739

quality posts: 2 Private Messages audra739

Ah, I wondered why it mysteriously disappeared. Cheater, cheater pumpkin eater...

eepeep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages eepeep
audra739 wrote:Ah, I wondered why it mysteriously disappeared. Cheater, cheater pumpkin eater...

I regret buying this shirt now after finding out that it's not entirely unique and didn't debut originally here.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and binds the universe together.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
takahari4 wrote:Just got them! I order the same size every time. Medium Womens. Pretty sure they sent me a medium men's. -.0
Anywho still love the theme. Guess I'll be drowning in it though.

Doubtful. They probably sent you the new style shirt by Anvil, which is sized and shaped entirely differently. Lots of discussion regarding the new sizes over here:

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4862827

and here:

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4856801

Basically-- you have to check the size chart daily. Pay special attention to where the shirt is made-- if it's in the USA, it's the old style American Apparel shirts. Anywhere else (Honduras/Nicaragua), and it's the new baggy Anvils.
You'll probably want to size down, but be prepared to lose some length and still have a more "Relaxed" fit that bells out at the bottom. Seems like a lot of women are out of luck because even going down to a WS is still swimming on them or a really unflattering shape.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

novastarj

quality posts: 31 Private Messages novastarj
alanhwoot wrote:Unfortunately, it looks like he broke the "never published before" rule.

http://jimsmash.blogspot.com/2012/03/t-shirt-of-day-free-hugs.html

Doubtful. The link goes through to the artist's website, which Woot knew about and linked to in the original sale. The artist actually took the shirt off his website after Woot asked.

I'm sensing copyright claim. Did the ~3000 sold get shipped out or refunded? Has anyone received the shirt and/or tracking info?

audra739

quality posts: 2 Private Messages audra739
novastarj wrote:Doubtful. The link goes through to the artist's website, which Woot knew about and linked to in the original sale. The artist actually took the shirt off his website after Woot asked.

I'm sensing copyright claim. Did the ~3000 sold get shipped out or refunded? Has anyone received the shirt and/or tracking info?

Yep, my sister and I both got ours

metman87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metman87

got mine. awesome shirt. glad i ordered it before it got pulled.

novastarj wrote:Doubtful. The link goes through to the artist's website, which Woot knew about and linked to in the original sale. The artist actually took the shirt off his website after Woot asked.

eepeep

novastarj wrote:

I got all 3 shirts. Two for me and one for my son. It will be interesting to see if they are sold in the next random shirt sale. Did the Dark Knight shirt ever get sold in a Random shirt sale? That shirt was pulled due to copyright infrimgement earlier this year.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and binds the universe together.

DamnThoseWiffyDogs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DamnThoseWiffyDogs

I received mine, but was sent the wrong size.

If anyone has a WM and wants to trade for a L (I guess it's a ML?) then hit me up.

panthiest

quality posts: 19 Private Messages panthiest

I wore mine to the bar last night. Never before have so many strangers commented on a shirt I was wearing.

It was fun

dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25
eepeep wrote:I regret buying this shirt now after finding out that it's not entirely unique and didn't debut originally here.

Don't feel too bad. I never submitted the design to any other dailies and I sold only about 10 shirts through my site before It sold on Woot, so your shirt is still very unique, I promise.
BTW, there's no rule that says a design can't be published before woot prints it. Woot was very much aware that I had sold a few on my site. I would venture to guess that most artists who have an online store introduce their designs there first, just to get the community aware of them.
If uniqueness is important to you, check out my site (www.droidloot.com) regularly. Chances are you can pick up a shirt before woot licenses it, making it that much more unique.
Thanks for buying my design, and I hope this relieves your regret.

Dave

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25

I don't know the exact reason Woot pulled the shirt, but it was a "legal" reason. All orders are being printed and shipped. Thank you to everyone who "Wooted" for me.

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

metman87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metman87
dbenton25 wrote:I don't know the exact reason Woot pulled the shirt, but it was a "legal" reason. All orders are being printed and shipped. Thank you to everyone who "Wooted" for me.

thanks for the design. it's an awesome shirt.

eepeep

dbenton25 wrote:
Thanks for buying my design, and I hope this relieves your regret.

Dave

I do love the design. Thanks for the background explanation, and I've been wearing the shirt happily since I got it.

Elexina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elexina

So sad I missed this shirt!!

tigerfish313

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313

AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!! I had soooo much hope when they introduced the new archive page, but it says "out of print" at the top. I wasn't expecting it to be available, but when I searched and got a result, I was so excited until I saw that

myshadow462

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myshadow462

Sold out.... :'( No MM for sale?

tigerfish313

myshadow462 wrote:Sold out.... :'( No MM for sale?

Yeah, this one got pulled early due to "legal issues" so I don't think it'll be making a comeback. I've been waiting for it since my original order fell through

stuffducks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stuffducks

Grrrr!! I have been checking Woot everyday since July to get this shirt! I feel as if I will never win at life. Boo!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

stuffducks wrote:Grrrr!! I have been checking Woot everyday since July to get this shirt! I feel as if I will never win at life. Boo!

I'm sorry but this shirt won't be offered for sale again.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Elexina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elexina
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry but this shirt won't be offered for sale again.

SAD. Neeeeeeeeeeed. But, understand. Kinda?

tigerfish313

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry but this shirt won't be offered for sale again.

And my heart will continue to break

troykouts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages troykouts

Woot, PLEASE make this shirt available for ordering again!!!!!