okayannajo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages okayannajo
djp519 wrote:Is there a joke here? If there is... I don't get it.

Okey dokey artichokey

JKR

leevijeans

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leevijeans

*gasp!* I've never clicked the "I want one!" button so fast for a woot shirt!

"Même un artichaut a du coeur!"

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Ace illustration!

I didn't used to be too sure about yellow shirts but my gf wears Robbie Lee's "Youbetchucan" and Boots & Edgar's "Crooked Couch" all the time and they've really grown on me.

yiscah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yiscah

Love this! I'm a bit awkward and tend to say this phrase more often than any one person should lol. This will be my first shirt.woot. So excited! ;D

yiscah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yiscah

Sizing Question - is the XL women's tee really only slightly larger than the small men's tee? That seems quite little ...

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

I wish yesterdays shirt would have been printed on this ugly yellow. Best design ever on ill fitting Honduras shirts

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
chipgreen wrote:I believe it was Stymie who once said "You mighta choked Artie but you ain't gonna choke me!".

"It mighta choked Artie, but it ain't gonna choke Stymie!"

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
ApeLad wrote:Thanks for the kind words!
I've never been able to actually eat an artichoke because they're so blasted adorable!

(And thanks for getting the Kinks in my head, which usually happens once or twice a week anyway.)

It's easy! Just eat their preserved hearts!

Also, very cute shirt. Makes me wish I had a daughter.

gittygrrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gittygrrl

Am I the only one who immediately thought of Tad from the Leap Frog Letter Factory? Probably.

valianteffort

quality posts: 29 Private Messages valianteffort

I prefer Okey Dokey Smoky, but this is healthier

anhaire

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anhaire
yiscah wrote:Sizing Question - is the XL women's tee really only slightly larger than the small men's tee? That seems quite little ...

Yes. That was the problem with the AA blanks. I can wear either the women's XL or the men's small.

I didn't think I would say this, but I'm now much more inclined to buy a shirt if it's printed on the Anvil blanks.

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
gittygrrl wrote:Am I the only one who immediately thought of Tad from the Leap Frog Letter Factory? Probably.

LOL. I have a 3yr old daughter and immediately thought the same thing! We've seen a lot of leap frog.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie

Oh god, so corny!

In for 1!

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak
heidiruth wrote:Call me barbaric, but I prefer to eat their hearts.

Ha - ha! Good one!

My question is do I wear this or my "Eat More Kale" shirt? Hmmmm.....

I did have artichoke for breakfast this morning... but I'm just not feeling it.

bouyuu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bouyuu

The fact that it's on a base that isn't gray/black makes it an automatic winner in my book.

Never mind my soft spot for anthropomorphic vegetables.

ninjedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjedi

"Okey dokey artichokey"

I've never heard anyone say that in my life... seriously, who says that?? Is this a teen thing? Maybe primarily a British-ism like "easy peasy lemon squeezy?" So baffled... (or old? ;))

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

Oooh. So tempting. It's adorable and on AA, but I look awful in yellow. Decisions, decisions.

sethnane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sethnane

Ugh...straight to the Danger Zone

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
ninjedi wrote:"Okey dokey artichokey"

I've never heard anyone say that in my life... seriously, who says that?? Is this a teen thing? Maybe primarily a British-ism like "easy peasy lemon squeezy?" So baffled... (or old? ;))

You just gave another idea to shirt.woot designer. Expect lemon juice on a lemon blank soon.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

bmrbill

quality posts: 129 Private Messages bmrbill

It looks sort of hoppy, like a cascade hop that would go into a good India Pale Ale.

Don't mind me, I like my beer!

newnie

Whhhaaa??? Where are you from? I'd say it's primarily a little-kid thing, or something parents say around young kids - like "Oopsie Daisy!". But, considering I'm a little kid at heart - it's perfect for me at 25!

Also, everytime I hear Oopsie Daisy, I always think about Julia Robert's character mocking Hugh Grant's character in Notting Hill.

tinabina316

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinabina316

So, I like it, I might have to buy it.

But someone needs to make a shirt with Mola Ram from Temple of Doom pulling out an artichoke heart while saying "Kali ma... Kali ma... Kali ma, shakthi deh!"

lagomorphette

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lagomorphette

I actually like that it's prettymuch Post-it-Note yellow...75% of my closet is black Ts, lol.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

shlamele24

quality posts: 15 Private Messages shlamele24

Love that font!

kittybongo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittybongo

Had to buy it! I love artichokes and this is on an AA blank! And in a color I don't have, no less. So I was unable to say no. :D

Woot's switch to Anvil blanks has managed to squeeze more money out of me than I expected, but for the wrong reasons. Now when I see a shirt on an AA blank, if I even somewhat like it, I buy it. It used to be that I would think it over and generally not buy. But now if I see it's on an AA blank I'm throwing my money at them. I guess it'll only be this way until they run out of women's AA blanks though.

peonyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peonyrain

Also it got a lot of use on the TV show Kids next door, which was on heavy rotation, say 6 years ago. One of the chars said it a lot.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
neuropsychosocial wrote:It looks like it - all sizes!

Which means it will probably sell well to people who simply want a yellow AA shirt. Not to disparage the cute design.

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 00000100

Hm, I really like this design, and the color looks okay on my screen, but I worry that the shirt will arrive in a less-pale tone, and I hate wearing bright yellow shirts. Can anyone vouch that this is a muted yellow, despite the description saying "Lemon yellow"?

pjfavia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pjfavia
newnie wrote:Whhhaaa??? Where are you from? I'd say it's primarily a little-kid thing, or something parents say around young kids - like "Oopsie Daisy!". But, considering I'm a little kid at heart - it's perfect for me at 25!

Also, everytime I hear Oopsie Daisy, I always think about Julia Robert's character mocking Hugh Grant's character in Notting Hill.

It sounds more like a Ned Flanders thing as well. Such a cute design...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
ApeLad wrote:I've never been able to actually eat an artichoke because they're so blasted adorable!

I've never been able to eat them because I'm afraid they might be pangolins.

jaferson

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jaferson

I love this and am definitely in for 1..

Bounty of Candy
Speed to First Woot:0m 23.115s
First Sucker:jaferson

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

On AA?

SOLD!!!

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

I spell this phrase weirdly.
"Okie dokie, artichokie!"

Also, Pinkie Pie channeling time, "Okie dokie lokie"

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

newnie

kittybongo wrote:
Woot's switch to Anvil blanks has managed to squeeze more money out of me than I expected, but for the wrong reasons. Now when I see a shirt on an AA blank, if I even somewhat like it, I buy it. It used to be that I would think it over and generally not buy. But now if I see it's on an AA blank I'm throwing my money at them. I guess it'll only be this way until they run out of women's AA blanks though.

SAME HERE

lephantman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lephantman
5april2063 wrote:My college's mascot is an artichoke.

No joke.

http://scottsdaleccnews.blogspot.com/p/artie.html

So does this mean I'm doomed to buy this shirt?

I say no...if only because your athletics logo is so fierce.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
yiscah wrote:Sizing Question - is the XL women's tee really only slightly larger than the small men's tee? That seems quite little ...

If you think you should be in an XL the mens large should be good, XL if you want to be careful. But keep in mind this printer (woot) is switching shirt suppliers - so pay attention to the sizing chart as it has been inconsistent on which supplier has been used.

I've heard it a lot. From an 80+yr old. She also said seeya later alligator. I suppose it depends on if you like cutesy rhymes.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
lephantman wrote:I say no...if only because your athletics logo is so fierce.

That is hands down the coolest thing I've seen today. Apart from today's shirt.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kidswift236

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kidswift236

Never before have I seen so many mentions of artichokes in such a small amount of time...

Man, I love the Internet. Shirt purchased.

cmaxelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmaxelson

Got a "tee hee" out of me this morning when I was sitting in traffic. In for 1

ladybugb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladybugb
neuropsychosocial wrote:I think I'll buy this shirt. Is that okay? Okey dokey, artichokey!

This shirt captures my favorite kinds of woots: those that make me smile each time that I see them. And if a shirt makes me smile every time that I catch sight of myself in a mirror - well, that's an accomplishment. Ape Lad, thanks for bringing a little bit of sunshine (and my first yellow shirt!) into my life.

Agree, Agree, Agree! I had to buy one, despite being worried about the yellow color, because it gave me that happy little giggle when I saw it. So simple, but so awesome.