CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Bazinga.

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525

Sheldon FTW

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

An interesting spin on a dusty old nutshell.

angelsgirl2002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages angelsgirl2002

BAZINGA!!

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw

way geekier than the one at thinkgeek. love it!

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669

wait a minute. that's the formula for cookies, not success. although, cookies are a form of success.

Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
--------------------------------------

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Not good at math or memes. No thanks.

annewaterman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages annewaterman

Nope, don't like it...oh wait...Bazinga! :P

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Good job making it blue, it really looks nice, definitely goes with the site colors. Because the original shirt is red, so nice contrast. I really enjoy the usual thunderbolt under the equation. Overall, this is an awesome t-shirt and I got it...mostly because I'm not spending money on a real Bazinga! shirt and 2: This is from shirt.Woot so it's totally better...no shipping...okay, bedtime.

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

jrs1980

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jrs1980

WATCH COMMUNITY.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

As an English major I find this shirt highly offensive. Not everyone enjoys math Woot! Lit. nerds have feelings too. Oh sure, we may look like hipsters and losers as we sit there, alone, reading our stack of Shakespeare and Tolkien novels, but we have feelings too.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

What symbol is the "B" supposed to be? Isn't that German for a double "S"?

I don't sprechen zie math.

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6
jrs1980 wrote:WATCH COMMUNITY.

I watch both of them.

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

Sorry woot, I'm not really into the overload of pop culture shirts that are being offered up lately.

Not that I'm saying artsy stuff has to be the only thing you ever print. Just it feels like there has been an overkill on it for the past few weeks.

shrugs

Maybe it just seems that way. I dunno...

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525

YES! But I love BBT too. Thank God for DVR's.

lonelypond

quality posts: 414 Private Messages lonelypond

bah-zinga...I like the shirt, but the too easy bazinga laughs were the dark path to lessening comic excellence. Also, flesh tone (one of the beiger of the vast variety of skin tone options) seems an odd color for ink choice.

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm

Oh Woot, you once again fell for one of my classic pranks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz--rvMZ7DY

DroolingSheep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DroolingSheep

Yes, it's an eszett. Not sure why it's making an appearance in a mathematical formula.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9F

WindRunner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages WindRunner

The write-up...how has...no one...the write up! It's...so... ∑ awe !

(P.S. That's awesome for anyone who's wondering).
(P.P.S. Technically that lists the sum of awe factorialized, but we'll pretend the '!' is a punctuation mark for now.)

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
bluejester wrote:As an English major I find this shirt highly offensive. Not everyone enjoys math Woot! Lit. nerds have feelings too. Oh sure, we may look like hipsters and losers as we sit there, alone, reading our stack of Shakespeare and Tolkien novels, but we have feelings too.

I think there's been far more english-related shirts than real math/science shirts. This one leans closer to pop culture than math/science since it relies on a reference to the Big Bang Theory. (And especially since the first letter appears not to be math-related at all, as far as I know. It's not beta.)

Not everyone enjoys literature that's ridiculously verbose (e.g. *rose budens - apparently paid by the word in practically every novel), or completely ambiguous (e.g. Bronte - A story written from memory by an ostentatious narrator who listened to a biased caretaker share a story from memory of past events).

*And apparently, Woot also dislikes Charles rose budens, author of A Tale of Two Cities and Great Expectations. It's just censored.

As for Tolkien, I have to say the movies were better than the books - a rare exception since most novels are far better than their movie counterparts.

cheezybeez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheezybeez
skatimmy737 wrote:What symbol is the "B" supposed to be? Isn't that German for a double "S"?

Since this is a Math/Sci related I believe that it is the Greek letter for Beta not the German ettsett.

Mishkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mishkin

I think the first person to solve the equation should get a free shirt. Good luck math wizards.

adamselby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adamselby

A shirt on AA? What?!

vleri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vleri

The β symbol is Greek letter beta, the second of the Greek alphabet. It is used as a variable in math and physics, usually referring to the beta decay (google it).

As a BBT fan and physics major, I COMPLETELY LOVE this shirt!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
bluejester wrote:As an English major I find this shirt highly offensive.

As a quantitative clinical psychologist, I find this shirt highly offensive: misappropriation of the regression equation significantly chills my heart (p <.001).

skatimmy737 wrote:What symbol is the "B" supposed to be? Isn't that German for a double "S"?

It's the Greek letter beta, which stands for the standardized regression coefficient, among other things, which would allow you to compare the influence of different variables on a given outcome - for example, to see whether gender, height, or ice cream consumption has a bigger influence on the number of woot.shirts one buys in a given month.

[I don't understand the pop culture reference at all. Someone help out the clueless statistician?]

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

werdwerdus

quality posts: 13 Private Messages werdwerdus

Hooray it's on AA blanks! (for Men at least)

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

This. Community > BBT

werdwerdus

quality posts: 13 Private Messages werdwerdus
neuropsychosocial wrote:It's the Greek letter beta, which stands for the standardized regression coefficient, among other things, which would allow you to compare the influence of different variables on a given outcome - for example, to see whether gender, height, or ice cream consumption has a bigger influence on the number of woot.shirts one buys in a given month.

[I don't understand the pop culture reference at all. Someone help out the clueless statistician?]

It's a phrase from the TV show The Big Bang Theory that theoretical physicist Dr. Sheldon Cooper says quite often.

DroolingSheep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DroolingSheep
cheezybeez wrote:Since this is a Math/Sci related I believe that it is the Greek letter for Beta not the German ettsett.

A beta is closed at the bottom, and the vertical part extends below the line.

tamirabeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamirabeth

For the creator (and Woot!): LOVE THIS SHIRT. Thanks for the nice alternative to the $25 "official" Bazinga! shirt.

And for the haters: Go crawl back under the rock you came out from. I've had to live with the artsy shirts for just as long as you've had to live with the pop culture/math shirts...we all get our day in the Woot! sun. Get over it. (And for the record, I've seen just as many lit shirts on here as I have math ones. I own two Poe shirts myself. You can't have everything your way.)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
werdwerdus wrote:It's a phrase from the TV show The Big Bang Theory that theoretical physicist Dr. Sheldon Cooper says quite often.

Ah - thank you. I've heard it's a wonderful show.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

undomiel28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages undomiel28

Huh? It seems to me there are very few pop culture reference shirts on here. I would like to see more. Love this one, btw. Will be buying.

Rudeboy2025

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Rudeboy2025

I'm confused, how can you tell that it's going to be printed on the old AA blanks? I haven't bought anything since the change occurred, but I'm mighty tempted with this shirt.

hooligaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hooligaz

Congrats on a clever take! The best ideas are the ones you should've thought of but didn't. ;-)

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2
Rudeboy2025 wrote:I'm confused, how can you tell that it's going to be printed on the old AA blanks? I haven't bought anything since the change occurred, but I'm mighty tempted with this shirt.

Click on the size chart. Where it says "Place of Origin" USA=AA, Honduras = Anvil

andyor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andyor
DroolingSheep wrote:A beta is closed at the bottom, and the vertical part extends below the line.

Exactly!
A beta is represented by Unicode character U+03B2 and looks like this: β
The sharp-S used in German is U+00DF and looks like this: ß

They look similar but are completely unrelated whatsoever. The shirt is clearly depicting the wrong one.

finnatti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finnatti
Rudeboy2025 wrote:I'm confused, how can you tell that it's going to be printed on the old AA blanks?

The size chart. Mens and womens are made in the USA = AA. Kids in Honduras = Anvil.

alexmg2420

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alexmg2420

I usually watch Community purely because when NBC says they'll post the episode online the next day, what they really mean is in 24 hours. CBS on the other hand actually posts them at 12AM the next day. My only reason for watching Community over TBBT when it airs.

kingrobert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kingrobert

I wish the shirt used proper symbols... I'd really like one. But I would bug me too much knowing that it wasn't a real beta.

number of people who would not buy the shirt if it had a proper beta character instead of the character used: 0

number of people who would not buy the shirt because it used the wrong math symbols: at least 1, probably more.