uncannyman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uncannyman

But what is the partial derivative with respect to, I ask? What is it with respect to!

betagirl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages betagirl

I'm a fan of the show, but I really just don't like the shirt.

There's just nothing really special about it - I'm not a math wizard, but it doesn't seem very clever to me as the equation doesn't seem to mean anything.

abatheguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abatheguy

I'll be popping up and around in the ball pit if you need me.

denaenickell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages denaenickell

LOVE.......I don't even know what to do with myself in the presence of something so awesome.

sinbot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sinbot

I need an XLT ( X Large Tall), what size here would best fit that?

leevijeans

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leevijeans

but what about "h" and "p3"?

mxwjs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mxwjs
andyor wrote:Exactly!
A beta is represented by Unicode character U+03B2 and looks like this: β
The sharp-S used in German is U+00DF and looks like this: ß

They look similar but are completely unrelated whatsoever. The shirt is clearly depicting the wrong one.

i love it. you just completely marginalized this shirt.

atippinfan78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages atippinfan78

I don't understand the formula , but I love shirt!

B. O. C. ~ 11.19.09 - 04.01.10 - 09.14.11 - 10.12.11 - 03.22.12 - 04.25.12 - 05.23.12 - 06.03.13

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Despite devouring TV shows like a T-Rex at an all you can eat lawyer buffet, I've never watched The Big Bang Theory. (geek cred -4)

107 episodes have aired. Should I start?

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
Spiritgreen wrote:Despite devouring TV shows like a T-Rex at an all you can eat lawyer buffet, I've never watched The Big Bang Theory. (geek cred -4)

Yes, I just started watching after a certain basic cable station starting airing episodes and now wonder why I hadn't started watching sooner

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
kingrobert wrote:I wish the shirt used proper symbols... I'd really like one. But I would bug me too much knowing that it wasn't a real beta.

number of people who would not buy the shirt if it had a proper beta character instead of the character used: 0

number of people who would not buy the shirt because it used the wrong math symbols: at least 1, probably more.

I for one like the wrong symbol being used. It will get all the real life Dr. Sheldon Cooper's of the world discussing your shirt with you.

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

joshualder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshualder
rom wrote:This. Community > BBT

I love both shows. One's a traditional multi-cam sitcom with a live audience, the other is a single camera show with no audience. Two completely different formats, two very different shows, both hilarious.

jminnion

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jminnion

The first "a" looks more like a "d" for a partial derivative. My OCD can't get past that.

ajzm14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajzm14

Used instead of gotcha or fooled you after a prank. I like it, those who watch the show will understand

Supersugar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Supersugar

Durn it, for a moment I thought it said "Bazoombas." Was totally gonna get one for belly dance.

8ate8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8ate8

I don't know, it's a bit too close to "bazonga" and I don't think
I'd be wearing a shirt that has that written across it in that location

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Awesome! Love this shirt, Jason. Congrats on the print! :D

MNBeta03

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MNBeta03

Its a little too obvious for me. I prefer the kind of shirts that make people stop and turn their head all confused... then I think to myself, "Bazinga!" Its no Schrödinger's cat.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

I don't know what to do with that partial derivative (lower case delta). Do I take the derivative of z^2 - i with respect to z? Is i a variable or imaginary?

So confusing!

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

I wonder what Wil Wheaton thinks of this shirt? ;)

wesoloid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wesoloid

As a physics major, I love the reference...

BUT HATE THE MATH

I would never wear a shirt with nonsensical math symbols on it for the sake of pretending to be math. This shirt is awful.

trenton21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trenton21
bluejester wrote:Sorry woot, I'm not really into the overload of pop culture shirts that are being offered up lately.

Not that I'm saying artsy stuff has to be the only thing you ever print. Just it feels like there has been an overkill on it for the past few weeks.

shrugs

Maybe it just seems that way. I dunno...

You are not alone sir.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

I hate you, shirt.woot! I swore, absolutely swore no more t-shirt purchases (with the noted exception for a certain raven, if it should qualify) and you go and go and do this.

After all the work I put in to resisting penguins.

I've been told the solution is to stop coming here, but honestly, the art work is often so great even when it isn't something I necessarily would buy. I still think some of the best don'ty make to a tee.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
neuropsychosocial wrote:Ah - thank you. I've heard it's a wonderful show.

You heard wrong.

bitserve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bitserve

Word Mark BAZINGA!
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing for men, women and children - namely, shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets. FIRST USE: 20101110. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20101110
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 85210308
Filing Date January 4, 2011
Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition March 22, 2011
Owner (APPLICANT) Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 4000 Warner Boulevard Burbank CALIFORNIA 91522
Attorney of Record Janet A. Kobrin
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

#justsaying

jenbtw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenbtw

How cool is this! I've craved a Bazinga shirt for ages but they're all so...samey. Thought the maths was mostly just decorative though a glance over some of the other comments suggests otherwise. I don't care; I'm not mathematical anyway. Really, I struggle with addition sometimes. It's a bit special. But darnit I can use a semicolon! (Go on, tell me I've got it wrong again. I'll keep trying.)

The write up! That was- WindRunner- Yes.

I've bought a lot of tees recently...

cngranger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cngranger

Love the show but can't get past the equation. True physics has actually nothing to do with the math...would have been happier if it was just written in all proper Greek letters...I'll take my chances on getting it on random shirt day.

cmhooley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmhooley

I'm not even a physics major but at university I was a chemistry minor and I, too, would never wear a shirt with a nonsensical equation. If I saw someone wearing this I fear all I'd do is shake my head.

Tuffer11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tuffer11

dissapointed again...this is a terrible shirt.

orthancstone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orthancstone

Live long and suck it Zachary Quinto

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

I have to admit all the comments regarding the inaccuracies of the equation itself, such as incorrect symbols just translates in my head as "It would annoy the hell out of Sheldon" which just makes me love it all the more.

LoveLost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoveLost
bluejester wrote:Sorry woot, I'm not really into the overload of pop culture shirts that are being offered up lately.

Not that I'm saying artsy stuff has to be the only thing you ever print. Just it feels like there has been an overkill on it for the past few weeks.

shrugs

Maybe it just seems that way. I dunno...

I agree with You on this also. Secondly I just think that show is an atrocity. My yearly Shirt.Woot purchases are dwindling down quick with alot thats been offered.

albuquerquemat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages albuquerquemat

If only they had put the words to "Soft Kitty" on the back.

austun69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages austun69

I know I'm showing my nerd-side...but the ∂ in "b∂zinga" stands for delta...meaning it's a d, not an a...

Kevin Steiner

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
albuquerquemat wrote:If only they had put the words to "Soft Kitty" on the back.

Here, stare at the picture. It will help.

I'm just hanging out, really.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
lonelypond wrote:Also, flesh tone (one of the beiger of the vast variety of skin tone options) seems an odd color for ink choice.

Agreed. Why couldn't the text be orange, yellow, white, or some other color that would really pop?

My niece is getting one of these. She's only 16mo, but she insists on Soft Kitty, and only Soft Kitty, as her bedtime song.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
bluejester wrote:As an English major I find this shirt highly offensive. Not everyone enjoys math Woot! Lit. nerds have feelings too. Oh sure, we may look like hipsters and losers as we sit there, alone, reading our stack of Shakespeare and Tolkien novels, but we have feelings too.

Then maybe you'll like this weeks derby?

psumek

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psumek
Spiritgreen wrote:Despite devouring TV shows like a T-Rex at an all you can eat lawyer buffet, I've never watched The Big Bang Theory. (geek cred -4)

No don't. Watch it w/o the laugh track, and then decide.

lostinplace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lostinplace

happy kitty
sleepy kitty
purr, purr, purr

ampafi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ampafi

People, you are over thinking it. Be like Penny, do not talk. The shirt is awesome.