6%
4%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

djalliduck

quality posts: 23 Private Messages djalliduck

Very pretty! Would be an awesome tattoo, methinks!

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj

Nice design ramyb! I admit I'm not usually a fan of your more cutesy creations, but this shirt is right up my alley. In for one.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Another extreme cinnamon 5gum advertisement!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Way cooler than any of those Ghostrider movies.

Draithy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Draithy

The second I saw it was spelled with a "Y," I giggled with glee.
As an English major, I just have to say... I don't have any explanation for stanza 1's weird rhyme, either.

patelkedar91

quality posts: 1 Private Messages patelkedar91

Eye of the tyger?

hobosunday

quality posts: 7 Private Messages hobosunday
CowboyDann wrote:Way cooler than any of those Ghostrider movies.

Obviously someone didn't watch the second Ghostrider.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Ghostrider's pet cat.

Tygerdave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tygerdave

Fear my symmetry people!

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
hobosunday wrote:Obviously someone didn't watch the second Ghostrider.

Honestly I don't know anyone who watched the second Ghostrider.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Is there a message in the artist bio?

jspaziante

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jspaziante

I have the same tiger air-brushed on the side of my van. Although, mine is fighting a unicorn, so it's waaay more bad-ass.

Anyway... do you kids want some candy? Come on in.

superattorney

quality posts: 1 Private Messages superattorney

Reminds me of the awesomeness of the three wolves shirt, hopefully this helps me while I'm out on the prowl.

jwaal

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jwaal

You've come a long from from turtles, penguins, and rabbits Grasshopper.

skatimmy737

Even Balrogs need kitty cats to play with!

guitar2adam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages guitar2adam

Reminds me of a ferocious fall I took while snowboarding once.

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond

and no one has said: needs more forest? Lot of night, lot of tiger...but where's the forest? Green can glow too. Nice flame flow though.

Vote:

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Ah, the beast may seem fearsome, and indeed it does appear to burn with an inner ferocity. However, I cannot help but think how timid and how tamed the burning bright beast would be were I to confront it with a simple bucket of water.

Krisis86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Krisis86

Will I get this one mixed up with my Foxfall shirt? Probably. Do I care? Nope.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

So, I searched for the text of the poem to enlighten my uncultured swine of a husband.

I found this really intriguing breakdown of the poem along with some interesting stuff about Blake-as-schizo, from a pathologist, and thought I'd share.

http://www.pathguy.com/tyger.htm

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
jwaal wrote:You've come a long from from turtles, penguins, and rabbits Grasshopper.

On the corollary, he's been doing such "flowing" designs since his first print here.

jennytoo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jennytoo

Reminds me of another of ramyb's shirts On The Prowl.

I like the new one better. ;-)

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1

I've seen a lot of ragging on Ramy, so I'd like to mention that I think his two finalists for this derby are exceptional pieces of art.

foxzeta

quality posts: 2 Private Messages foxzeta

Is this one going to shrink like crazy? I got a L foxfall and it became a medium when the washer was done with it. It fits okay, but isn't long enough anymore!

I think I'll get an XL of this one just in case.

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria
Draithy wrote:The second I saw it was spelled with a "Y," I giggled with glee.
As an English major, I just have to say... I don't have any explanation for stanza 1's weird rhyme, either.

Blake really wants it to be near rhyme, but that only sort of works. The [ai] diphthong is not too much of a stretch from [tri], to my mind, but the real issue is that the accent of "symmetry" is on the first syllable, so a "good" rhyme would have to start there.

But that's assuming that a "good" rhyme is what's called for here, and the real genius of the moment is that it doesn't work the way to internal ear tells us it should. Just at the words "fearful symmetry," the symmetry of the rhyme breaks down. It's a beautiful example of form--well, sound--matching content. If Wallace Stevens had done it 150 years later, I would've had to hear about it in five different classes by now.

Also, Byron is remarkably literate and expressive, given that he was only six when this poem was published.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

ceejatec

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ceejatec

Anyone else think it's ironic that this image isn't centered?

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie

I wish fire made cool shapes like that.

SaintWacko

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SaintWacko

Let's see, I like fire, I like cats, and I like black shirts (the last two sometimes cause problems). This is certainly an easy choice!

Knowledge is power,
Power corrupts,
Study hard, be evil.

Woots:
2X Sandisk Sansa Clip 2gb, April Fool's Boggy Old Creature, Anniversary edition Boggy Old Creature

skatimmy737

I love that the positioning on the shirt implies the wearer is belching a chili-tiger burp.

Xeros

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Xeros

Damnit, how can I not buy this when it's based on the poem I chose to memorize in eighth grade!? Stupid teacher telling me that the Lamb bit wasn't a reference to Jesus.

Tomorrow's shirt had better not be about some poisoned apple tree...

jeffemming

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffemming

I would've liked it a lot more if it actually related to the poem, rather than just appearing as a shirt of a tiger.

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
foxzeta wrote:Is this one going to shrink like crazy? I got a L foxfall and it became a medium when the washer was done with it. It fits okay, but isn't long enough anymore!

I think I'll get an XL of this one just in case.

It's probably the dryer, not the washer, although if you're using HAWT water that ages them too. The dryer just cooks t-shirts.

astanine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astanine

As much as I love Ramyb's cutsey-wootsey shirts, I really like when he pulls off stuff like this. One of my favorite poems AND the image makes total sense.

Dragonjest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dragonjest
Draithy wrote:The second I saw it was spelled with a "Y," I giggled with glee.

I would classify this as a "sight" rhyme, but I'm not sure if it qualifies. According to theFreeDictionary.com, an eye rhyme is a "rhyme consisting of words, such as lint and pint, with similar spellings but different sounds. Also called sight rhyme."

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

The lines flow exceptionally well in this design, making the use of fire and the pose of the tiger seem entirely natural. Ramy you got skills!

Congrats on 1st place. :^)

My finger's are crossed hard for two particular shirts this weekend... super strong derby though.

wollfdove1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wollfdove1

I have bought one Tyger shirt and have tried at least thirty times to buy one more. A notice comes up that I have already bought one on this account. Am I restricted to one? I sent the first to my daughter And now want one for myself. May I purchase one more?

bethany3cat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bethany3cat

To the English major and other who are confounded by the half/near rhyme of symmetry, I suggest two explanations:

Blake was all about Wit -- for humor, politics, and satire. He could have been riffing straight off the almost rhyme as a treatise on lack of symmetry. He might have put in the half-rhyme to create a subliminal sense of discomfort in the reader. Blake loved to create discomfort or uncertainty -- both were familiar sensations to him.

Another possibility is that Blake's commoner status meant that the words rhymed to his ear. In a society wherein class dictated the learned use of the language, Blake was raised in the lower class and therefore had a pronunciation stye that was substantially different from the upper class educated English that we hear from his contemporary Romantic-era poets.

Think: "How would Eliza Doolittle say this poem vs. the Professor?"

bethany3cat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bethany3cat
wollfdove1 wrote:I have bought one Tyger shirt and have tried at least thirty times to buy one more. A notice comes up that I have already bought one on this account. Am I restricted to one? I sent the first to my daughter And now want one for myself. May I purchase one more?

Sorry, WolfDove. The Woot works with one purchase per customer of one to three items.

However, since you didn't hit your maximum of three items, I bet you WOOT would be glad to take your money. If you write to customer service and explain the situation, they will most likely charge your card again and send you a second t-shirt. I think.

If not, the shirt.Woot! is cool in that it's not just a one chance opportunity. In three more days, you can buy this t-shirt as part of the regular Woot stock -- at least until a Reckoning knocks it down.

Have I mentioned all the quirky Woot sales concepts in one post? Wow... It CAN get confusing around here.

Good luck!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats on taking first place, Ramy!