artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
wollfdove1 wrote:I have bought one Tyger shirt and have tried at least thirty times to buy one more. A notice comes up that I have already bought one on this account. Am I restricted to one? I sent the first to my daughter And now want one for myself. May I purchase one more?

Just make another account and order. As a bonus you then have another vote for the derby.

wenkin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wenkin

There was a poster of this hanging on the wall next to the bathroom of the fine arts hall of my college. I realized the meaning of the poem about 2 months ago when my cat set his tail on fire. All I could say was "Tyger! Tyger! Burning bright..."

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wollfdove1 wrote:I have bought one Tyger shirt and have tried at least thirty times to buy one more. A notice comes up that I have already bought one on this account. Am I restricted to one? I sent the first to my daughter And now want one for myself. May I purchase one more?

Yeah, one purchase per day per customer. However, email service@woot.com and they'll help you out. Just let them know the size.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Scoops35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scoops35
novastarj wrote:Honestly I don't know anyone who watched the second Ghostrider.

Unfortunately I cant get back that hour and a half. Blame my roomie, definitely in my top 5 worst movies I have ever seen.

crystalballmac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crystalballmac

If it had been centered on the shirt I would buy this in a second.

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv

Wait a second - RamB dared to frame the beast, so, according to the poem... RamyB is immortal?? o.O

That helps explain the number of prints and the cult following.

Nice job, and congrats on placing 1st.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt

Very clever design.

ktran7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktran7

First design im consider buying on anvil, so afraid of the reviews on anvil......

renebee73

quality posts: 3 Private Messages renebee73

Where's his fearful symmetry? Cool shirt.

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat

It's beautiful! It's artistic! It's subtle! It's on black!

Too bad it's being printed on the equivalent of a burlap sack....

mafted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mafted

i say , bring back centered graphics on shirts instead of the wrapper look. maybe i'm just really picky but yeah.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

Beautiful, and I like that the design is off-center! As a writer with an English degree and a cat lover, I must have this shirt.

Even though I would usually prefer a shirt color other than black (or grey), I really can't see how the flames would have worked as well on any other background.

I suspect that I will be picking up a couple of shirts over the weekend as well.

wesmike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wesmike

Love this poem. In college at Mizzou, someone composed a song for our top choir set to this poem. The second time through the song, our fight song "Fight Tigers" was sang over the top. It was pretty awesome.

hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake
jspaziante wrote:I have the same tiger air-brushed on the side of my van. Although, mine is fighting a unicorn, so it's waaay more bad-ass.

Anyway... do you kids want some candy? Come on in.

There better be a new huffy bike in there too.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
foxzeta wrote:Is this one going to shrink like crazy? I got a L foxfall and it became a medium when the washer was done with it. It fits okay, but isn't long enough anymore!

I think I'll get an XL of this one just in case.

I never dry my tees unless they hide on me and I miss 'em in the transfer out of the washer. I have a little rack I hang 'em on to dry. Totally prevents the shrinkage.

wendy98765

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendy98765

How are people liking the new tees? I haven't bought any yet, and frankly, I'm very hesitant.

Eyerate

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eyerate

congrats ramy, awesome design.

now if woot would stop printing them on the garbage anvil shirts i would have bought this on sight. please woot, listen to the community and get a supplier with quality cuts and material again so we can keep buying! i'd even be in at 15$/piece if thats what it took.

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
bethany3cat wrote:

If not, the shirt.Woot! is cool in that it's not just a one chance opportunity. In three more days, you can buy this t-shirt as part of the regular Woot stock -- at least until a Reckoning knocks it down.

It should be available for another purchase tomorrow. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think you have to wait for it to drop into the reckoning. You should be able to purchase it while it is still a bystander on the reckoning page.

mcpezhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcpezhead

If Draco Malfoy had a patronus, this would be it.

nick7798

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nick7798
Draithy wrote:The second I saw it was spelled with a "Y," I giggled with glee.
As an English major, I just have to say... I don't have any explanation for stanza 1's weird rhyme, either.

I think ~~~ F I G E R ~~~ is even a better fit.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet
wendy98765 wrote:How are people liking the new tees? I haven't bought any yet, and frankly, I'm very hesitant.

For the women's sizes I like 'em! I have two of them now and the new Anvil WS fits me better than the old AA WL did. I don't see any issues with quality or softness or anything others are complaining about. *shrug*

There's several shirts that I loved in this derby, tyger being one of them. I got one today and I'll probably be buying more this weekend.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
wendy98765 wrote:How are people liking the new tees? I haven't bought any yet, and frankly, I'm very hesitant.

I'm not buying them, but I do suggest reading through the threads to make your own decision.

(The following stolen from ThunderThighs ...)

DISCUSSION THREADS

Inflational Material: Daily Shirt.Woot Prices Go Up By $2
Main Anvil Thread
Lady Sizes
American Apparel and Anvil: A comparison
New shirt blanks - active testing from community folks

wendy98765

Did you drop 2 sizes or just one in women's? After reading the latest entries in the Lady Sizes thread, I think I may need the XS (which of course doesn't exist).

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
wendy98765 wrote:Did you drop 2 sizes or just one in women's? After reading the latest entries in the Lady Sizes thread, I think I may need the XS (which of course doesn't exist).

If you were a WS or WM with the old AA shirts, you're pretty much SOL with the new Anvil shirts.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

rogue8402 wrote:It should be available for another purchase tomorrow. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think you have to wait for it to drop into the reckoning. You should be able to purchase it while it is still a bystander on the reckoning page.

Indeed. Shirts can be purchased IMMEDIATELY after their initial day of sale is over. 23.59 on the first day? Front page and $12 (or, when it happens, sold out). Midnight hits? BOOM IT'S ON THE RECKONING AT $15.
Just click to the reckoning and look for the thumbnail of the design. If it's brand new, it'll be in a little horizontal row in the upper right of the page, titled "bystanders," right above the "danger zone" (DAAAAAANGAH ZONE!) section of the reckoning.
Or click on the permalink found in the first Wootbot comment of a shirt's comment thread to go to that design's purchase page.

wendy98765

Narfcake wrote:If you were a WS or WM with the old AA shirts, you're pretty much SOL with the new Anvil shirts.

Thanks. I was more of a WS but bought the WM for the extra room in the shoulders. I guess I can stop looking at shirt.woot every day now.

enzo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages enzo01

When I saw the design, the first thing I thought of was Kevin Conroy's voice from the episode of Batman the animated series that referenced it.

judegriffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages judegriffin

Beautiful design, but, with two of the Anvil t-shirts already in the house, I can't bear another t-shirt with such wonky cut and sizing.

kypi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kypi

I knew this one would be first.
I'd be more tempted to buy it if I hadn't recently bought 3 randoms .

viviankb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viviankb
safyrejet wrote:For the women's sizes I like 'em! I have two of them now and the new Anvil WS fits me better than the old AA WL did.

And that says it all. (sad face)

thatheard

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thatheard

C'mon guys, there's no "I" in tyger!

Tygre

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tygre

WHO MADE A T-SHIRT ABOUT ME!?!?
Oh wait... n/m.

ricka182

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ricka182

For those who have purchased one the newer Anvil shirts:

How heavy are these new shirts? Thick heavyweight cotton? I hope not too thick or heavy, I prefer a lighter shirt as bigger guy. I don't care about the size or shrinkage, all my clothes are washed cold and dried extra low.

This design is awesome, but if the shirt is too thick, I'd have to pass...

...i remain, he who remains to be...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ricka182 wrote:For those who have purchased one the newer Anvil shirts:

How heavy are these new shirts? Thick heavyweight cotton? I hope not too thick or heavy, I prefer a lighter shirt as bigger guy. I don't care about the size or shrinkage, all my clothes are washed cold and dried extra low.

This design is awesome, but if the shirt is too thick, I'd have to pass...

Check Narfcake's post for some good discussion linkage, which was borrowed from ThunderThighs, which was apparently part of a post I made at some point...

OK that's getting a bit too meta, the general answer is "experience varies vastly depending on who you ask and what people are looking for in a shirt".

I'm just hanging out, really.

Auroradd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Auroradd

In for 1 with the new Anvil women's cut. I wore an AA WL, so I'm trying a small. Worst case it will become a work shirt.

Love the design and the write-up is great! Byron was one of my favorite poets in English Lit and I can totally see him writing this email. Snerk.

Nerd, betches!

ultim8guy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ultim8guy

I love this design but the shirts I have from Woot have all faded or lost their shape too quickly. I wish we could pay more $$$ and get the same design printed on a higher-quality shirt.. *sigh*

tangolite132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangolite132

"I seriously had no idea this poem took place in a Greek restaurant until this line!"

xD. That was amazing.

"Riddle me this, riddle me that: who's afraid of the big black bat?"

jasmo6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasmo6

Totally love this shirt! As do my boys, too bad we can't purchase any due to "server errors". Tried four times. Of course, the error message only appears AFTER entering payment information. We better not be charged for each attempt, or any attempt since none were successful. Not the first time we were unable to purchase something cool from this site due to their server issues.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
wendy98765 wrote:Thanks. I was more of a WS but bought the WM for the extra room in the shoulders. I guess I can stop looking at shirt.woot every day now.

Keep checking everyday. They still have days left that are printed on AA's for women. And check at least once a week to see if the side-sale has anything available still in AA - for example This awesome little guy I bought this week.