note2001

quality posts: 31 Private Messages note2001
RayKremer wrote:This. It pulls the image from cute into creepy.

Agreed. I like robots, but this one looks like it's about to do some damage to the cat and kitty does not look too happy about it.

erikblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erikblue
chennai8 wrote:I am pretty sure Robbie is poking fun at voters for not giving enough votes for this

Wow! I really wish that one woulda made it... so cool. I haven't jumped on any shirts recently but I'm still in for two of these because I cant resist cats and robots enjoying friendship together.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 272 Private Messages Spiritgreen

It's like Wes Anderson made a sci-fi movie. :D

Go Robbie!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 52 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Yes! Congrats, Robbie!! I can't think of anything better on a Monday morning than a Robbie robot.

rglee129

quality posts: 29 Private Messages rglee129

Hey everyone! Thanks a ton for printing this one, woot. I can't wait to wear it, since I like robots and cats. Well, I don't know if I really like cats that much anymore so much as I'm just surrounded by them (we have four). Anyways, this design started off as a drawing I made with my 1 yr old son, but then I liked the idea so much I made a small post card sized painting of it. I know it's not terribly sophisticated stylistically, but the farther I got from the folk art/ simple style, the less the design worked.

Also: I know this seems a little late to the cat shirt game, but I actually made and subbed this design almost 6 months ago- it just took a while to make its way through the pipeline.

Finally: Thanks for the great comments, everyone. I've got a couple of other robot designs in the pipeline, so plz follow my facebook page for updates...

mjburns9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjburns9

The plot was stolen from Clifford D. Simak's "City" (1950). Only in "City", it was dogs that the robots served once humans abandoned Earth.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 174 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
kschom wrote:it's more of a military press, you lay on your back (on a bench) for a bench press.

Ohhhh, I learn something! Thanks!

lucky1988

quality posts: 21 Private Messages lucky1988

Congrats Robbie, love the shading and highlights on your robots!

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 914934

Okay, just a bit of curiosity here... What's up with shirt.woot and people loving cats? Is shirt.woot anti-dog? What about those that are allergic to cats and hate them with a vengence? I'm thinking maybe shirt.woot's advertising team may be targeting cat lovers and ruling out the dog lovers because there are cat shirts on all the time.
;)

Sincerely,
allergic to kitties and glad of it.

Narfcake

quality posts: 363 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

<-- dog person.

914934 wrote:Okay, just a bit of curiosity here... What's up with shirt.woot and people loving cats? ...

It's the internet. I blame cheezburgers.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
914934 wrote:Okay, just a bit of curiosity here... What's up with shirt.woot and people loving cats? Is shirt.woot anti-dog?

I don't know of anyone around here that dislikes dogs. Personally, I'd love to see a cute dog design. Maybe cats are easier to work into some themes than others. I honestly don't know.

Perhaps real artists can chime in. ;)

ps. cute design today.

I'm just hanging out, really.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
Narfcake wrote:<-- dog person.

Oh good, I was starting to think I was alone about dogs. Oh, so many cat lovers out there. (Although I do like the Zombie Kittens, that's more the exception for me.)

ETA: Don't know how I deleted this part before posting... I do endorse the more Robots side of today's woot (dut I am not looking at that side sale for the sake of my back account).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 929 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sign me up for the dog lover category too. I've had cats and am currently herding an inherited cat but I much prefer my doggies.

Holiday Returns Policy Check out our new FLASH DEALS
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Narfcake

quality posts: 363 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Debut day: 584, on a mix of AA for men and women, and imported Anvil for kids.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: oneof
Last purchase time: Monday, April 09, 2012, 11:54:02 PM Central Time
Order pace: 2m 27.330s
Woot wage: $3,012.53
Woots sold: 584

Last wooter to woot: auburnvans
Last purchase time: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 12:33:01 AM Central Time
Order pace: 2m 31.077s
Woot wage: $3,665.98
Woots sold: 585

First day sales 584

boilermarv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boilermarv

I appreciate the Rush reference in the writeup...Caress of Steel. "Bastille Day" (opening track) flat-out rocks!

Maybe Robbie Lee is a relative of Geddy Lee? Perhaps the shirt is intended to pay homage to "The Body Electric" from Rush's Grace Under Pressure CD?

sscurrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sscurrin

I love this design, the robot holding the cat in "show cat" pose, but I have enough silver/gray shirts already....
Wish I could trade in one of my others...

Acccckkkk..... the more I look at it the more I want....
I may get it anyway.
Hard for me to resist katzen...

byronicman2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages byronicman2

Haha, this thread has more comments than shirts sold. I did think the writeup was funny. It reminded me of Wall-E.

grzesko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grzesko

Ktoś zamawiał do Polski?
Someone ordered to Poland?

Czy przesyłka doszła?
Is the shipment arrived?

Jak długo trwa wysyłka do Polski/Europy, ktoś zna odpowiedź?
How long is shipping to Poland / Europe, anyone knows the answer?

pozdrawiam
I greet

tman2088

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tman2088
grzesko wrote:Ktoś zamawiał do Polski?
Someone ordered to Poland?

Czy przesyłka doszła?
Is the shipment arrived?

Jak długo trwa wysyłka do Polski/Europy, ktoś zna odpowiedź?
How long is shipping to Poland / Europe, anyone knows the answer?

pozdrawiam
I greet

Most international shirt orders will take 3-4 weeks to arrive but some can take as long as 5-6 weeks to arrive. Additionally, these orders have no tracking data. There is some more information regarding international shirt orders here: http://shirt.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx#q11a.