note2001

quality posts: 27 Private Messages note2001
RayKremer wrote:This. It pulls the image from cute into creepy.

Agreed. I like robots, but this one looks like it's about to do some damage to the cat and kitty does not look too happy about it.

erikblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erikblue
chennai8 wrote:I am pretty sure Robbie is poking fun at voters for not giving enough votes for this

Wow! I really wish that one woulda made it... so cool. I haven't jumped on any shirts recently but I'm still in for two of these because I cant resist cats and robots enjoying friendship together.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

It's like Wes Anderson made a sci-fi movie. :D

Go Robbie!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Yes! Congrats, Robbie!! I can't think of anything better on a Monday morning than a Robbie robot.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Hey everyone! Thanks a ton for printing this one, woot. I can't wait to wear it, since I like robots and cats. Well, I don't know if I really like cats that much anymore so much as I'm just surrounded by them (we have four). Anyways, this design started off as a drawing I made with my 1 yr old son, but then I liked the idea so much I made a small post card sized painting of it. I know it's not terribly sophisticated stylistically, but the farther I got from the folk art/ simple style, the less the design worked.

Also: I know this seems a little late to the cat shirt game, but I actually made and subbed this design almost 6 months ago- it just took a while to make its way through the pipeline.

Finally: Thanks for the great comments, everyone. I've got a couple of other robot designs in the pipeline, so plz follow my facebook page for updates...

mjburns9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjburns9

The plot was stolen from Clifford D. Simak's "City" (1950). Only in "City", it was dogs that the robots served once humans abandoned Earth.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
kschom wrote:it's more of a military press, you lay on your back (on a bench) for a bench press.

Ohhhh, I learn something! Thanks!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Congrats Robbie, love the shading and highlights on your robots!

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 914934

Okay, just a bit of curiosity here... What's up with shirt.woot and people loving cats? Is shirt.woot anti-dog? What about those that are allergic to cats and hate them with a vengence? I'm thinking maybe shirt.woot's advertising team may be targeting cat lovers and ruling out the dog lovers because there are cat shirts on all the time.
;)

Sincerely,
allergic to kitties and glad of it.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

<-- dog person.

914934 wrote:Okay, just a bit of curiosity here... What's up with shirt.woot and people loving cats? ...

It's the internet. I blame cheezburgers.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
914934 wrote:Okay, just a bit of curiosity here... What's up with shirt.woot and people loving cats? Is shirt.woot anti-dog?

I don't know of anyone around here that dislikes dogs. Personally, I'd love to see a cute dog design. Maybe cats are easier to work into some themes than others. I honestly don't know.

Perhaps real artists can chime in. ;)

ps. cute design today.

I'm just hanging out, really.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
Narfcake wrote:<-- dog person.

Oh good, I was starting to think I was alone about dogs. Oh, so many cat lovers out there. (Although I do like the Zombie Kittens, that's more the exception for me.)

ETA: Don't know how I deleted this part before posting... I do endorse the more Robots side of today's woot (dut I am not looking at that side sale for the sake of my back account).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sign me up for the dog lover category too. I've had cats and am currently herding an inherited cat but I much prefer my doggies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day: 584, on a mix of AA for men and women, and imported Anvil for kids.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: oneof
Last purchase time: Monday, April 09, 2012, 11:54:02 PM Central Time
Order pace: 2m 27.330s
Woot wage: $3,012.53
Woots sold: 584

Last wooter to woot: auburnvans
Last purchase time: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 12:33:01 AM Central Time
Order pace: 2m 31.077s
Woot wage: $3,665.98
Woots sold: 585

First day sales 584

boilermarv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boilermarv

I appreciate the Rush reference in the writeup...Caress of Steel. "Bastille Day" (opening track) flat-out rocks!

Maybe Robbie Lee is a relative of Geddy Lee? Perhaps the shirt is intended to pay homage to "The Body Electric" from Rush's Grace Under Pressure CD?

sscurrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sscurrin

I love this design, the robot holding the cat in "show cat" pose, but I have enough silver/gray shirts already....
Wish I could trade in one of my others...

Acccckkkk..... the more I look at it the more I want....
I may get it anyway.
Hard for me to resist katzen...

byronicman2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages byronicman2

Haha, this thread has more comments than shirts sold. I did think the writeup was funny. It reminded me of Wall-E.

grzesko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grzesko

Ktoś zamawiał do Polski?
Someone ordered to Poland?

Czy przesyłka doszła?
Is the shipment arrived?

Jak długo trwa wysyłka do Polski/Europy, ktoś zna odpowiedź?
How long is shipping to Poland / Europe, anyone knows the answer?

pozdrawiam
I greet

tman2088

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tman2088
grzesko wrote:Ktoś zamawiał do Polski?
Someone ordered to Poland?

Czy przesyłka doszła?
Is the shipment arrived?

Jak długo trwa wysyłka do Polski/Europy, ktoś zna odpowiedź?
How long is shipping to Poland / Europe, anyone knows the answer?

pozdrawiam
I greet

Most international shirt orders will take 3-4 weeks to arrive but some can take as long as 5-6 weeks to arrive. Additionally, these orders have no tracking data. There is some more information regarding international shirt orders here: http://shirt.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx#q11a.