skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I love TMNT shirts! Could anyone provide an accurate count on how many Woot has done over the years?

joe43wv

quality posts: 14 Private Messages joe43wv

I'm sure they've done several but this is the second one I'm aware of.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan

It's a weird thing to visit the main sale page and see both a RamyB shirt as well as an ad for RamyB's own site.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 87 Private Messages Thirdbase9

So I was reading about the plot of the new TANT movie. It involves these giant robots that come to earth and scan some turtles changing into them. They then search out this geeky teenager who is looking for some new pets...

Meanwhile the evil alien robots come to earth and scan a warthog and rhino...

As the plot (what little there is) advances the kid gets a splinter while clearing a jam in his paper shredder...

The movie ends in a climatic battle that can't be followed but is caused by evil Spock.

I don't know.

loudermipr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loudermipr

So currently I'm the guy laughing even though I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be laughing at...

Will someone please enlighten me on what the write-up is alluding to?

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
bluejester wrote:Translation: The other half is sniping it out from under the Jester as he attempts to be the last wooter to woot. ;)

For those who have no idea what we're talking about, I beat out Jester for the last Wooter title on three shirts that he wanted to be last Wooter on.

unsenuchiha wrote:Challenge Accepted.

Just keep in mind that the orders must be completed by 11:55 central time and NOT midnight. Aim to start your order at about 11:53 ... 11:54 is cutting it very close.

humongous

quality posts: 2 Private Messages humongous

shouldn't there be a pizza box on the floor with a slice or two?

the humongous

djmudkipz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djmudkipz

After already owning One Wild Night, this is an easy buy.

xirdneh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xirdneh

This would have been better if he was painting the MONA LISA!

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
spike109u wrote:The front left leg of the easel is missing.

Same - it bothered me from the first glance at it. I don't agree with ramyb about where it should fall either - and for a living I map 3D objects onto 2D spaces.../shrug.

The more I look at it, the more the crippled leg turtle bothers me...

Oh well, put me in the pile of people who are over Ramy's cartoony designs for a while. I know we must be a vocal minority because his cartoon prints seem to always print, but I really would love to see more like the one he had last week. Also, people if he resubs the awesome Jellyfish again pleeeease vote for it, because I want it :D!

Or can we get that one on a poster, pleeease ?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bluejester wrote:What does he think of Michael Bay's announcement on how he intends to defile--I mean "re-imagine" the turtles as aliens and yet again pee on the collective childhoods of the nation at large?

This is for you:

move along

btraughber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btraughber

(Now we just need a Donatello shirt and a Raphael shirt to finish ramyb's TMNT shirt collection that started with A Wild Night.)

My thoughts exactly. Two turtles to go!

genericwit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages genericwit

This shirt as an insta-buy for me, for so many different reasons.

1. Ninja turtles
2. Leonardo DaVinci
3. Assassin's Creed
4. The thought of a ninja turtle being the Leonardo that crafted Ezio's hidden blade and flying machine.

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo

a great new spin on the idea! clever artist

princessdiablo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages princessdiablo

I love this shirt, but I don't like how high the image is placed on the shirt. I'd like to see another inch between the neckline and the picture. I don't know if that was Ramyb's choice or woot's choice, but it rather bugs me.

Overall, a simply excellent shirt. (And I didn't notice the missing/blocked leg until reading the comments.)

elezar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages elezar

I'm not crazy about the execution of this shirt, but Oh My Fruitful Garden, the write up is full of win!

capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce

Didn't we just deal with the exact same shirt idea a few weeks ago?

It would be nice if voters would go for some of the more detailed artists' entries instead of rehashing the exact same "It's Malibu Stacy with a hat!" submissions.

Fingers crossed that Pip-Squeak, Semper Fido, or Jack Rabbit the Ripper at least get to print. So this derby can produce more than just another cliche pop-culture reference.

joe43wv

Who else has this feeling that we'll see a shirt next week with the same design but with Michelangelo's headband?

theCan

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theCan

HAHA this shirt is hilarious!

lol; w00t

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester
GwenMarie wrote:The so-called missing leg doesn't bother me nearly as much as the Ramyb-hating. And I don't get it... his shirts are really cute, and I own a few and wear them a lot. And then he comes up with something like Tyger, which is NOT cutesy at all, and people still give him a hard time. Here's a thought: If you don't like his designs, don't buy them. Or better yet, design your own shirt and submit it.

Speaking only for myself, it's not hate. For me it oscillates between, "Ramyb's design for the week is ok, wouldn't buy it unless for wife or friend" to "Really? Really? This feels like a rough draft. It's needs one more rewrite."

For example, I actually laughed a little at Honest Packaging. It was an interesting spin on the theme, and the chubby squirrel made me snicker.

However, it feels like he varies between a fairly well executed design, to a sloppy rush job just to be among the first to enter when a derby opens. Such as with Awkward Turtle or Ahh! It's a Mutant.

Other artists have had their errors in perspective or composition pointed out in the derby thread, and have adjusted. I just wish that Ramyb were as willing to refine his stuff when people point it out. Robbie Lee and Kevlar have had designs that either fogged, or were close to fogging, but revamped when stuff was pointed out. They took a chance. I wish Ramyb was willing to as well.

mariahrh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mariahrh

Love the shirt! A must buy!

unsenuchiha

quality posts: 4 Private Messages unsenuchiha
Narfcake wrote:Just keep in mind that the orders must be completed by 11:55 central time and NOT midnight. Aim to start your order at about 11:53 ... 11:54 is cutting it very close.

Thanks for the heads up!

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
unsenuchiha wrote:Thanks for the heads up!

No prob. Sure, it's silly, but out of the 1800+ shirts and other products that have sold here, how often can one be first AND last?

(OK, so I've done this silly stunt six times already, but that's beside the poit!)

So just keep watching the Reckoning every week for its day and pull the stunt on whatever Monday night it ends up being.

unsenuchiha

quality posts: 4 Private Messages unsenuchiha
capsfanbryce wrote:Didn't we just deal with the exact same shirt idea a few weeks ago?

It would be nice if voters would go for some of the more detailed artists' entries instead of rehashing the exact same "It's Malibu Stacy with a hat!" submissions.

Fingers crossed that Pip-Squeak, Semper Fido, or Jack Rabbit the Ripper at least get to print. So this derby can produce more than just another cliche pop-culture reference.

Speaking for myself only, I happen to love the pop-culture references ramyb and the rest of the shirt.woot designers have offered up over the past weeks. I believe they're great conversational pieces and are down right hilarious most of the time as well. I'm actually holding my breath right now for someone to create another legend of zelda design.

On the other hand, though, I do love the other designs that have the deeper meaning that doesn't look to some tv show, movie or game for their inspiration, and ramyb has shown he can design just as well with the derby prior to this where tyger won it all. I'm not sure if this is completely balanced or not but I've noticed that in about half of the derby's, pop-culture references aren't allowed, and then in the other half, they are. I think it evens it up for those who enjoy the references and those who don't.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
j5 wrote:This is for you:

Ok I would watch that movie. But are they the protagonist or antagonist?

Personally I don't take the cartoon as being somehow unchangeable. But I do feel that changing the origin story makes the whole thing something else entirely. Have them fall through time to 1600s Japan, have them be in a non-earth reality, but if you change where they came from you are no longer making a story about them.

Vertebreaker2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vertebreaker2k

I'm excited to receive this shirt, though I find it humorous that people were so heavily targeting this "missing leg," considering we have a turtle holding a brush while possessing no fingers.

joe43wv

Vertebreaker2k wrote:I'm excited to receive this shirt, though I find it humorous that people were so heavily targeting this "missing leg," considering we have a turtle holding a brush while possessing no fingers.

Who says turtles don't have fingers. Are you a turtle expert?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
joe43wv wrote:Who says turtles don't have fingers. Are you a turtle expert?

I've seen turtles before. That's enough experience for me to assure you that they don't have fingers.

aeidein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeidein

hm, turtles/tmnt are my fave but i don't really care for this cutesy rounded style. sorry

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin

x4avalanche

quality posts: 0 Private Messages x4avalanche

Please Ramyb you MUST make one for all the turtles PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. i will buy em all!

jcflman

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jcflman
skatimmy737 wrote:I love TMNT shirts! Could anyone provide an accurate count on how many Woot has done over the years?

There's at least 6 I know of off the top of my head. This one being my favorite.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Very Very nice shirt, It's not my type of shirt...but it is very nice and I give props for the design and idea...

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

cagenarleigh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cagenarleigh

I'm am thrilled to be able to say this is the very first shirt I've ever bought off this site. My thanks to the creator because I already know how many comments this is going to get from my friends.

As for me? I freakin LOVE it.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ

o dear gawd ramyb is over on the bird site now too!!! wonder how many posts are going to be deleted in this 24 hour period?? the moderators are gunna have their work cut out for them today!!!! B^P

im sorry but one or two of his cute rounded animal designs are ok but week after week??? it gets sickening!!! much like the mashups and pop culture that's on the bird site.. every now and then its tolerable but every day or every week is just way to much. im really getting sick of seeing cute half A designs getting picked over well thought out and executed designs.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: tdrachel
Last purchase time: Friday, April 13, 2012, 11:59:31 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 18.313s
Woot wage: $3,751.47
Woots sold: 4716

Last wooter to woot: tdrachel
Last purchase time: Friday, April 13, 2012, 11:59:31 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 18.310s
Woot wage: $3,751.47
Woots sold: 4717

Last wooter to woot: indiana90069
Last purchase time: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 12:05:25 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 18.369s
Woot wage: $3,736.16
Woots sold: 4721

Big jump after 11:59:31
First day sales 4717-4720, most likely 4717 or close

capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce
L3g3ndQ wrote:o dear gawd ramyb is over on the bird site now too!!! wonder how many posts are going to be deleted in this 24 hour period?? the moderators are gunna have their work cut out for them today!!!! B^P

im sorry but one or two of his cute rounded animal designs are ok but week after week??? it gets sickening!!! much like the mashups and pop culture that's on the bird site.. every now and then its tolerable but every day or every week is just way to much. im really getting sick of seeing cute half A designs getting picked over well thought out and executed designs.

Well said.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

Wait, what? The "missing leg" is about the easel? The freaking turtle is missing half his leg! When I initially say the comments, I thought that was the leg everyone was talking about. It's the crippled turtle leg that makes me not want to buy the shirt. o.0

(also, it just doesn't really convey a tmnt character for me enough..someone else mentioned pizza box on the floor. would have been a nice touch, I think)

I have no issue with Ramyb in general. I like cute designs..that's pretty much what most of my WOOt shirt collection entails. But I do agree that I like variety (when it's good variety ;P)

think of it this way guys...you save a lot of money this way.

cherzek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherzek

Just too cute not to buy.

delerium23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages delerium23

We bought 7 so that we would all match on vacation.

wtfxxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wtfxxx

got this today. design is awesome but i guess they ran out of the batch of "old" shirts and are printing on the "new" ones now.

The new shirts' quality is awful. Feels thin and rough like those cheap 5 for $10 you get at a discount bin or free shirts.

very disappointed... i dont think ill be getting woot shirts anymore.