sekei13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sekei13
Re: Starry Arches

This is my first submission to a derby. Actually my first time designing a tshirt.

Feel free to give some helpful criticism.

Thanks.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Great Kevlar! Glad to see this in the fog! I really liked how you finally worked the sky, more subtle and fading +1

cuzwhynot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuzwhynot
Re: Rails to Trails

A cool design for my fellow cycling enthusiasts out there. Hope you like!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: Only Memories

It's great, but I won't vote because I wouldn't wear. Perhaps if it was a fox design with a beautiful sunset or sunrise...

I like foxes, what can I say.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Save the Trees

Good luck my friend, I think this will be one of the winners!!!

Excellent work! GMV!

shale4413

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shale4413
Re: Shoot the Moon, Arches National Park

Hilarious and very well done. GMV!

silvero333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silvero333

I'd love to see this with green colors.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Free as a Bird

Really nice design. The colors and contrast are really superb. I think it could have been taken to the next level by using more of the shirt space with smaller designs interspersed.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Free as a Bird

Pretty cool, but it seems too close to odRoc's later work

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
Re: Old Faithful? Oh boy...

..rejection, perhaps, but i didn't have anything better to do so i thought i would give this one a whirl...

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

ataustin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ataustin
Re: Naturestache

Very nice! But is the grass flipping me off?

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
ataustin wrote:Very nice! But is the grass flipping me off?

hahaha! nop, but now I see it

foghammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foghammer
phylumsynthesis wrote:I've always loved the Red Rocks region of Arizona, and the area is overrun with the common jackrabbit.

To me, this shirt is sort of a modern take on Alice in Wonderland - follow the rabbit and see wonders!

Wait. A rabbit that looks like a real rabbit, not a marshmallow bunny? On Woot? What next, Republicans and Democrats cooperating in congress? Asteroid impact?

I long for a day when well drawn wildlife would actually actually win a Sierra Club sponsored derby. Sadly, I think the winner is going to be a tryptich of a tortoise in the desert, a bunny in the grass and a penguin hopping off an ice berg, each doing something Unspeakably Cute.

Naolito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito
Re: Holyday Memories

Awesome!!

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

chumpmagic wrote:Pretty cool, but it seems too close to odRoc's later work

Oh no!! I didn't mean to do that >.< I just realized that now. It does look similar to his cardinal one. Totally not intentional, unless my mom copied him, lol. She did the sunset and I did the bird outline. The idea was originally a flock of birds with little pieces of the sunset scene in each bird. I decided just to make one big bird because it showed more of the trees and sun. Ah, well I didn't mean it to look like his work, but it was a good learning experience to try something new.

@mrwednesday: Thanks! Maybe smaller birds around the big one would use the space better, hmm.

helgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram

Have you seen Mount Baker? I had the pleasure of staring at it for a week (not literally) during my trip to BC. I was surprised to find out it is actually a volcano... the more you know! hope you like.

Click here for Detail!

arinesart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arinesart
Re: Holyday Memories

Tony, you are my master and I salute you xD

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
ochopika wrote: Totally not intentional, unless my mom copied him, lol.

We were actually under the assumption that Odroc and your mom were the same person

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge
sekei13 wrote:This is my first submission to a derby. Actually my first time designing a tshirt.

Feel free to give some helpful criticism.

Thanks.

This is really cool, but it might be out of the printable area, which is 16"x20". The landscape looks kinda bright for it being nighttime, have you tried making it all a bit darker, more subtle? Anyway, I really like this and especially like the way you handled the bottom edge. It looks way more natural than a gradient would. Welcome to shirt.woot!

ridicumeticulous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ridicumeticulous

I've never yearned so much to be in the mountains before! (and I moved away from the Rockies I grew up in to live in a big East Coast city the first chance I got)

I really only wear happy-go-lucky designs, but I would buy this in a heartbeat as a poster, a sticker or better yet, a sketchbook!!

viridiancat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viridiancat

Wow, this is so creative and amazing! I am always in awe of your ideas and technique.

ochopika

Staff

Re: Trade Winds

I love how this so so big, but not overwhelming. I'd definitely wear this shirt a lot! The clouds are perfect and the kite creates great balance.

wepnar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wepnar
Re: Tropic Moon

I love this shirt!

gummygod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gummygod

i love this design, but the red kite seems out of place and kinda cliche. anyone else think it would be better w/o it?

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie
Re: Tranquility

this. is. amazing.

supermegatopia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supermegatopia

This was the third design, which is actually a combination of the first two.

Re: Melting Away

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp
Re: Get Out of Your Cave!

i actually like the thumb nail better. i think you should do a second version and cut out a lot of the cave and off center it. I'll vote for it then. ;)

saiun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saiun

This is my favorite by far! Simple, elegant, and positive.

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Forrest Gaze

Great linework and play of light and shadow over the girls face. I always appreciate that you bring something new to each submission rather than more of the same. +1

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: So close, So far

Sweet idea and neat dynamic between the flower and the reflection. +1

ochopika

Staff

chumpmagic wrote:We were actually under the assumption that Odroc and your mom were the same person

Lol! Maybe they are? I guess it's possible since I've never met Odroc. Though he sounded like a guy in his tutorial video I watched long ago...

ochopika

Staff

gummygod wrote:i love this design, but the red kite seems out of place and kinda cliche. anyone else think it would be better w/o it?

I do think the kite is a pretty common element in shirt designs that I've seen. I still like it anyway. I don't think the design would be better without it because it would lack a focal point; the clouds would just lead your eye up to nothing and it would be boring. The artist could put something else there instead of a kite, but I don't know what that would be.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
Re: Take Me There

I too love blues on black, now if I could only figure out how that deer got in the tree. ;)

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Clean Up

I thought I'd try another. Hope you all like!

rhiknow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhiknow
Re: Hiking in Earth

you should try to fade the sides...that would look really cool!

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Open Your World

Wow. The lighting is gorgeous. I love this even though it reminds me of the movie, "The Descent," which scared the hell out of me.

nadine624

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nadine624

Oh that is just heartbreakingly beautiful, this NEEDS to print!

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
omarfeliciano wrote:This is very cool. Why is he crying?

Yeah, the crying makes it a bit depressing. Maybe if his mouth was slightly ajar and he was drooling in his sleep? Though that may be moving too much in the other direction and create too silly a mood.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
ochopika wrote:Lol! Maybe they are? I guess it's possible since I've never met Odroc. Though he sounded like a guy in his tutorial video I watched long ago...

I'm at least 40% sure I'm not your mother. Only Maury Povich knows the truth.

suepergirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suepergirl
Re: This Island Earth

Perfect artistry. Love the convolutions in the trunks- so authentic!