Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
caramelarrow wrote:I'm not the artist, I just posted the information as a fan and supporter of the shirt and cause. I certainly hope there's no problem, but I think that as long as a design doesn't get an Honorable Mention, thereby being "held" for a Double-Take, the artist gets to do whatever they want with the design.




Umm, no. Any design submitted to a derby that is NOT removed from said Derby within 24 hours of submission is subject to a 60 day hold. During that time, the designer agrees NOT to submit it elsewhere. If they do, Woot can go after them for breach of contract. I don't know that they have or actually would, but they can. Submitting it elsewhere also means that Woot won't print it themselves, say in a side deal or a special promotion.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

woo-hoo! These designs are now official Lucasfilms designs available at welovefine.com! I am excited beyond words! The one design you may remember from the sci fi kawaii derby! Stop over and check them out and more at my artist page!

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
midgerock wrote:woo-hoo! These designs are now official Lucasfilms designs available at welovefine.com! I am excited beyond words! The one design you may remember from the sci fi kawaii derby! Stop over and check them out and more at my artist page!



Woo! Congrats!
I quite enjoy my Magritte droids T.

move along

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
j5 wrote:Woo! Congrats!
I quite enjoy my Magritte droids T.



Glad to hear that j5. People are lovin' the Love Star tee with yesterday being Star Wars day.

chumpmagic


quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

I really love truffleshuffle's lil' monsters, but this is probably my favorite shirt by her. From the Kawaii derby... I kind of wish it stayed on a grey T though

Anyhoo, at Captain KYSO


neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
chumpmagic wrote:



ARE THOSE PANDA BEARS?!?!?! ("Hello, my name is Neuro and I may have a problem with owning too many panda bear shirts.")

Congrats to Truffleshuffle for the print, and thanks to chumpmagic for posting the link. Does anyone know how women's shirts from Captain KYSO are fitting? IIRC, they're using their own blanks.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
neuropsychosocial wrote:ARE THOSE PANDA BEARS?!?!?! ("Hello, my name is Neuro and I may have a problem with owning too many panda bear shirts.")

Congrats to Truffleshuffle for the print, and thanks to chumpmagic for posting the link. Does anyone know how women's shirts from Captain KYSO are fitting? IIRC, they're using their own blanks.

From measurements, they should match AA, but I haven't washed my wife's shirt yet, so it may shrink a bit. I suggest 1 size up from the typical AA order just to be safe.

move along

zaydabarros


quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros

Haha, I just realized it is "Patrick Spens"... I always thought it was Patrick's Pens, being a designer and all that.. nice.

Narfcake


quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake

Over at GoodJoe for at the pre-order price of $12. Guys are printed on AA 2001, S to 3XL, gals are printed on AA 2102, WS to W2XL.

CrescentDebris:

Pottery Training


Walmazan:

When Vegatables Go Bad

stonedsavant


quality posts: 2 Private Messages stonedsavant
Narfcake wrote: Chumpmagic's is still available at the pre-order price:

Banana Squid



Looked that way, but It is not, after a little poking around. <3 the banana squid though. Design is so beautifully clean.

tjschaeffer


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

Kevlar51 at Captainkyso today:



Congrats and sweet design!

elankat


quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
Narfcake wrote:Over at GoodJoe for at the pre-order price of $12. Guys are printed on AA 2001, S to 3XL, gals are printed on AA 2102, WS to W2XL.
[/url]



Oooh. When Vegetables Go Bad is tempting.

It should also be noted that GoodJoe is having a Mother's Day sale on certain shirts. They are $12 and include shirts by Woot artists Stardamsel & CMDixon.

Narfcake


quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake
elankat wrote:Oooh. When Vegetables Go Bad is tempting.


It's an auto-buy for me.

I think my GoodJoe collection will be up to 2 dozen after my recent orders are fulfilled.

kevlar51


quality posts: 42 Private Messages kevlar51
tjschaeffer wrote:Kevlar51 at Captainkyso today:



Congrats and sweet design!



Thanks so much tjschaeffer!!! Here's a direct link for anyone interested!

klynb


quality posts: 12 Private Messages klynb

Walmazan at CaptainKYSO now:



Would buy, but their manufacturer is even more ridiculous than AA as far as sizing; I can't even wear their men's 2X.

lonelypond


quality posts: 374 Private Messages lonelypond
klynb wrote:Walmazan at CaptainKYSO now:



Would buy, but their manufacturer is even more ridiculous than AA as far as sizing; I can't even wear their men's 2X.



I ordered the doomcat's Punk Girl Beatdown, but holding off on another until I figure out if sizing makes it turn into a nephew present.

New Blink Kitty Love comics

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
klynb wrote:Walmazan at CaptainKYSO now:




Heh, walmazan, that's fantastic! Their faces are so expressive, even without noses. I managed to resist panda-bear-mania, so this might be my first CaptainKYSO shirt.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

jezebelseven


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
klynb wrote:Walmazan at CaptainKYSO now:

Would buy, but their manufacturer is even more ridiculous than AA as far as sizing; I can't even wear their men's 2X.



Same! 3x would be a stretch, quite literally.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

elankat


quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

khallion's Strawberry Girl is going up on Yetee tomorrow. Does anyone know what blanks they use? I think I read somewhere that they're Anvil. Confirm? If so, I have a sad face.

Narfcake


quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake
elankat wrote:Does anyone know what blanks they use?



I believe the Yetee uses Gildan Softstyle, 64000 and 64000L blanks. IIRC, they're comparable to AA for the gals, but for guys, they're over an inch shorter in length.

loridi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
elankat wrote:khallion's Strawberry Girl is going up on Yetee tomorrow. Does anyone know what blanks they use? I think I read somewhere that they're Anvil. Confirm? If so, I have a sad face.



Definitely not Anvil, as last week I had to purchase a WL based on the size chart. Unfortunately I haven't reeived my order yet, so I am still in the dark about the maker. Such is the fate of the international shipping.

elankat


quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

Thanks so much you two!

Narfcake


quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake

chumpmagic


quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Narfcake wrote:Chumpmagic @ Captain KYSO


Far from the tree



Thanks Narfcake. The original one, that was done for the derby, was on yellow. I was kind of bummed that they changes the t-color, but it is starting to grow on me.

Anyhoo... thanks again for sharing!


midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

More cool news!
This rejected Star Wars design from shirt.woot's "One Word" derby is now an official licensed design for Lucasfilms and available at welovefine.com! Super stoked!

Narfcake


quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

SpiritGreen at shirtpunch

move along

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
j5 wrote:SpiritGreen at shirtpunch

I really want to start singing "We all live in a blue-ish submarine, a blue-ish submarine." *reads artist description of shirt, realizes it's a game reference* Okay, I'll go back to playing in the slow wooters' sandbox now...

Congrats on the print, spiritgreen! I love the intricacy of the design and use of discrete elements to form the whole.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake


quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake

stonedsavant


quality posts: 2 Private Messages stonedsavant
j5 wrote:SpiritGreen at shirtpunch



Any info on the shirts they use over at shirtpunch? Loving that design. GJ spiritgreen. My last woot shirt had your art on the bag :3

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
stonedsavant wrote:Any info on the shirts they use over at shirtpunch? Loving that design. GJ spiritgreen. My last woot shirt had your art on the bag :3



I'm not sure what blanks they use. I have a couple of prints from there. The cotton feels heavier, but not as soft. I'll post more when I can check the shirt itself, unless someone else chimes in first (*cough* Narfcake *cough*)

move along

Narfcake


quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake
j5 wrote:I'm not sure what blanks they use. I have a couple of prints from there. The cotton feels heavier, but not as soft. I'll post more when I can check the shirt itself, unless someone else chimes in first (*cough* Narfcake *cough*)


It's in their FAQ:
"What kind of shirts do you print on?

All of our shirts are printed on Alstyle and American Apparel "regular-fit" tees, or blanks, as we call them. They're all 100% ringspun cotton and are extremely comfortable."

Since you say heavier, it's most likely the same Alstyle 1701 that TeeFury uses.

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Narfcake wrote:BootsBoots at GoodJoe



It's All Fun and Games Until...

Oh yay! I was very disappointed when this didn't print at woot. PS: NARF!!!!, I'm blaming you for my shirt buying not ending with the moral and sizing implosion here at woot. You are an evil influence.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

caramelarrow


quality posts: 12 Private Messages caramelarrow
neuropsychosocial wrote:Oh yay! I was very disappointed when this didn't print at woot. PS: NARF!!!!, I'm blaming you for my shirt buying not ending with the moral and sizing implosion here at woot. You are an evil influence.



I bought three shirts from Goodjoe over the weekend. Could have been money going to Woot, but.... I still need to add up all the ones I didn't buy just out of curiosity.

killerorca


quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca
Narfcake wrote:BootsBoots at GoodJoe



It's All Fun and Games Until...



Congrats Boots, also this is probably not the place to mention it but there is no 3X in men's sizes available for your shirt. I know they do offer 3X as I have seen it as an option before.

Also off topic but I would love to see your recent derby entry print too.

Narfcake


quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake
neuropsychosocial wrote:Oh yay! I was very disappointed when this didn't print at woot. PS: NARF!!!!, I'm blaming you for my shirt buying not ending with the moral and sizing implosion here at woot. You are a good influence.


Corrected a word there. Half full wins.

On another note ... yay, doggie!

Yet another note, Patrick Spens week continues at KYSO:


Jail Birds

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Narfcake wrote:Corrected a word there. Half full gets bopped in the head.

Corrected a few words there. Here's your second anvil of the day.

On another note ... yay, doggie

That turned out nicely. I'm not enamored with the ability to pick blank colors at Goodjoe, but I'm looking forward to getting fishbiscuit's "Be Yourself" on PURPLE. Finally, a purple shirt! To match the rest of my wardrobe, which is basically all purple except for my woot shirts...

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

BootsBoots


quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
killerorca wrote:Congrats Boots, also this is probably not the place to mention it but there is no 3X in men's sizes available for your shirt. I know they do offer 3X as I have seen it as an option before.



You can buy it in 3X, now! Actually, I think all the shirts have been updated so that you can buy a 3X of any shirt. Thanks for pointing that out. And thanks, Narf, for posting my shirt.


Spiritgreen


quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Thanks for mentionning Ocarina yesterday, j5! And neuropsychosocial & stonedsavant for the kind words, plus Narf for the shirt info.

Aaaand odysseyroc for the nudge in submitting it. :^)

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
neuropsychosocial wrote:That turned out nicely. I'm not enamored with the ability to pick blank colors at Goodjoe, but I'm looking forward to getting fishbiscuit's "Be Yourself" on PURPLE. Finally, a purple shirt! To match the rest of my wardrobe, which is basically all purple except for my woot shirts...



Oh, wow! Thanks, neuropsychosocial! I would love to see pics of the purple shirt when you get it! I've not seen one live yet. :D