Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

PatrickSpens week continues at KYSO

Fastest

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Narfcake wrote:PatrickSpens week continues at KYSO

Fastest

You know, there's all kinds of irony in the fact that an offshore company is scooping up designs/designers from Woot. I wonder if a directive comes down at some point to kill these types of posts.

move along

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

Fastest

Did they decie to dedicate a week to him? Or is it his site now? I like this one best so far.

Narfcake

loridi wrote:Did they decie to dedicate a week to him? Or is it his site now? I like this one best so far.

They dedicated a week to him.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
Narfcake wrote:They dedicated a week to him.

Good for him. I hope he does well.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

Fastest

I can't pull off yellow, but I have to say that shirt is pretty fantastic.

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51

Not a shirt, but I've got a limited edition signed print up for sale for the next 23.5 hours at Steal This Art:

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
midgerock wrote:odysseyroc has a sweet Dr.Who at shirtpunch today!

Thanks for posting that, Midge!

Here's the art

stonedsavant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stonedsavant
midgerock wrote:odysseyroc has a sweet Dr.Who at shirtpunch today!

If I had seen that shirt design prior to the Tardis shirt that went up on Woot last week, I'd have my first Shirtpunch shirt on it's way right now D:

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
odysseyroc wrote:Thanks for posting that, Midge!

Here's the art

no problem! That design is awesomesauce glad they are running the reprint today!

Narfcake

More Patrick Spens at KYSO

Red Baron

This one was previously submitted in the Amusement Park derby.

ljwilke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke
Narfcake wrote:They dedicated a week to him.

they fact that their 2xl is tiny is now officially pissing me off.

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
Narfcake wrote:More Patrick Spens at KYSO

Red Baron

This one was previously submitted in the Amusement Park derby.

and i am so glad i can buy one (in fact, i bought 3, cause it's a wonderful tee for kids)

reminds me of a kiddie comic i read long, long ago:

http://www.topstrips.be/shop/images/Suske%20&%20Wiske%20%20146.jpg

Narfcake

ljwilke wrote:they fact that their 2xl is tiny is now officially pissing me off.

I posted a comparison here; based on my experience, I would guess that it'll be their M2XL that's most comparable to an AA ML.

Anyways, another day, another PatrickSpens at KYSO

Riding in Cars

ljwilke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke
Narfcake wrote:I posted a comparison here; based on my experience, I would guess that it'll be their M2XL that's most comparable to an AA ML.

it seems to me from their size chart that it's not a matter of running small but of their sizes being really close together. so while it's true that the 2xl is smaller than an AA xl, the small is actually bigger than in AA. in fact their women's small is bigger than in anvil, although at least it's not shaped like the world's tiniest circus tent.

grisca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grisca
Narfcake wrote:For lack of another thread to post to, here is my review of a KYSO shirt ... Narfcake reviewing a KYSO shirt ...

I've got questions: How does the packaging look? How does the address-label look?
I've got a feeling as if the post here has some kind of problems with it (my ordered shirt seems to have gone MIA) and I'm trying to figure out what it might be.

j5

grisca wrote:I've got questions: How does the packaging look? How does the address-label look?
I've got a feeling as if the post here has some kind of problems with it (my ordered shirt seems to have gone MIA) and I'm trying to figure out what it might be.

How long has it been? It takes a while. The shirts come in the standard vinyl bag with an address sticker slapped on.

move along

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

Has anyone tried a CaptainKYSO WS? Or one of the smaller Teen sizes? I haven't bought any because it looks like they're really big from the size chart, but maybe they're cut nicely so they don't look so big when they're worn (I hope?). My plan was to wait until I have a print with them to test the waters, but now I'm getting antsy...

grisca

j5 wrote:How long has it been? It takes a while. The shirts come in the standard vinyl bag with an address sticker slapped on.

It's now 45 days since ordering ... if they send within 5 days of ordering, it's about 6 weeks now.

If the bags are similar to what's used by woot, Goodjoe, or Tilteed, the shirt should make it here ... eventually.

I'm probably spoiled by my woot-shirts currently arriving within 2 to 3 weeks - and that's also international.

j5

BootsBoots wrote:Has anyone tried a CaptainKYSO WS? Or one of the smaller Teen sizes? I haven't bought any because it looks like they're really big from the size chart, but maybe they're cut nicely so they don't look so big when they're worn (I hope?). My plan was to wait until I have a print with them to test the waters, but now I'm getting antsy...

I got one of the T12s for my daughter (smallest they had) and it fits like the old AA K12s, only a little narrower.
My wife wears a WL in AA and the same size at CKY, but the CKY is about 2 inches shorter and a wee bit wider.

Here is the WL under an AA WL:
Notice the length difference in the lower right corner.

Here is the T12 on an AA K12

move along

j5

grisca wrote:It's now 45 days since ordering ... if they send within 5 days of ordering, it's about 6 weeks now.

If the bags are similar to what's used by woot, Goodjoe, or Tilteed, the shirt should make it here ... eventually.

I'm probably spoiled by my woot-shirts currently arriving within 2 to 3 weeks - and that's also international.

Did you order at the pre-sale or after? That might add some time to process. You can always contact them, they were pretty responsive when I had issues with an order.

move along

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
j5 wrote:[helpful pics and stuff!]

Helpful! It's good to know that they run a little short, but the cut looks nice. The Teen sizes look like they run even shorter, right? Thanks, J!

I still want to know what WS wearers think. The difference in width for the WL seems to be only 3/4" wider than an AA, but the WS is a full two inches wider. I think I'm going to be out of luck, but I'm keeping hope alive. Aliiiiive...

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
grisca wrote:I've got questions: How does the packaging look? How does the address-label look?

Well, you asked for it so here is a play by play:
The Packaging

What lies within:

Close up of the tag, which is printed on the shirt itself:

Close up of the design:

In the corners there is stylized writing. The lower left has the name of the shirt and the lower right has the brand "CaptainKYSO."

I haven't had a shirt with a tag and design quite like this before. There was actually an extra bit of fabric/loop of fabric used for the tag to be tied to, but it was fairly easy to undo. Overall, the print quality is good, the image was vibrant, and the customer service friendly. Your major draw back will come from wait time. Since they are based in India, it took a little over a month for the shirt to arrive. But waiting on a decent print is usually worth it. Also, their sizes are a bit on the small side for men. I ordered a MXL and it was more like a men's large, possibly a men's medium in AA. So I re-ordered the shirt, only in a men's XXL (As I type that, I am literally about to head down to the treadmill.)

Overall, not too bad an experience. I would recommend them if you are looking to sample what the t-shirt market has to offer.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
BootsBoots wrote:I still want to know what WS wearers think. The difference in width for the WL seems to be only 3/4" wider than an AA, but the WS is a full two inches wider. I think I'm going to be out of luck, but I'm keeping hope alive. Aliiiiive...

I ordered walmazan's Carrots Just Don't Understand, although obviously I don't have it yet. I'll post a comparison when it arrives, although I typically prefer a WM to a WS since I usually wear it over three or four layers.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

wizardofaus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wizardofaus
grisca wrote:It's now 45 days since ordering ... if they send within 5 days of ordering, it's about 6 weeks now.

I'm curious. What was the response of the company? Did you try and contact them? What if the t shirt doesn't arrive?

grisca

wizardofaus wrote:I'm curious. What was the response of the company? Did you try and contact them? What if the t shirt doesn't arrive?

The response was fast when I asked about how long I could expect for it to arrive, since it hasn't yet.
They offered a full refund or a partial refund (5$ for the same shirt send my way again).
If the shirt still arrives later-on, I don't have to return the refund.

Thanks to bluejester for the pics - I don't see why the post should have any more trouble with these shirt-bags than any other. ;-) Also the t-shirt and design are looking good.

Thanks, j5, for the response.

j5

BootsBoots wrote:I still want to know what WS wearers think. The difference in width for the WL seems to be only 3/4" wider than an AA, but the WS is a full two inches wider. I think I'm going to be out of luck, but I'm keeping hope alive. Aliiiiive...

Looking at the numbers and comparing them to actuals, I suspect you will need to sport that cool 80s tied up look.

move along

wizardofaus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wizardofaus
grisca wrote:The response was fast when I asked about how long I could expect for it to arrive, since it hasn't yet.
They offered a full refund or a partial refund (5$ for the same shirt send my way again).
If the shirt still arrives later-on, I don't have to return the refund.

Thanks to bluejester for the pics - I don't see why the post should have any more trouble with these shirt-bags than any other. ;-) Also the t-shirt and design are looking good.

Thanks, j5, for the response.

That's fair...Thanks

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow

There is Walmazan awesomeness today at Steal This Art.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Is not a Tshirt but is an exclusive fine art print of my illustration, "El Mariachi" on StealThisArt.com.

The website will be offering limited quantities of the print today ONLY. Only 50 will be printed so be sure to check it out early!

https://www.stealthisart.com/

Thank you for the support!

Narfcake

It's late in the day, but figure I'd throw it up anyways ...

ChumpMagic at KYSO

Cubistic Cuckoobee

Also ...

MJ (geekfactor12) at GoodJoe

Maternal Instict

by Harzack, who's relatively new here and has been putting up some great designs in the derbies.

Surprise Mom

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

selling today til midnight today $10.00 @ shirtpunch!

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
midgerock wrote:selling today til midnight today $10.00 @ shirtpunch!

My wife will kill me if I buy more shirts right now. However, I want to let you know that this design is hilarious. I'm glad you went with classic Snake instead of old man Snake.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

Also, for any major anime geeks out there, or if you know any, I've got a shirt up for voting at 604republic:

Thanks for looking

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Just a heads up: CaptainKYSO has adjusted their shirt sizes.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay

An old design from the Derby # 206 is currently for sale at Lolacamisetas

In addition we are giving away some shirts of this design on our Facebook

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

JewelWing at KYSO

Cubistic Cuckoobee

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

ramyb wrote:I have gotten a lot of PM requests to print this shirt, so here it is now:

It's up for $15 this week only

Thanks guys

Narfcake

Walmazan at KYSO

Apaga mi Fuego

Also, Professor Fluffelbottom's Cat Stache Trimmer at GoodJoe