neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

And a collab between Kevlar and odysseyroc at GoodJoe! 20001: Leagues Above the Clouds currently available for preorder ($12).

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

kharmazero


quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero

oh , i didn't know, we could advertise for shirts printed on other sites.Nice!I think Woot is the only site allowing this ,-)))
So, my most recent print was on Design By Humans: Welcome to Mad City

http://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/detail/men/9767/
happy shopping ;-)
and there is a sale until june 1, you could add the code DBHMEM30 to get 30% off ;-))

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Narfcake wrote:

Also, Professor Fluffelbottom's Cat Stache Trimmer at GoodJoe



Thanks for posting this, Narfcake! This design was from Derby #222 "Gadgets to Enhance Everyday Life." 100% of the proceeds will be donated to LAPS, a no kill shelter in PA. http://lapsshelter.org/help.html
The artists involved in this collaboration are:

fishbiscuit
kevlar51
uniique
odysseyroc
crescentdebris
midgerock
djtweeknyc
parrotworks
cmdixon
boots
grrlmarvel
chumpmagic
walmazan







kevlar51


quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

thanks for the posts narfcake, neuropsychosocial, and fishbiscuit5!!!

chumpmagic


quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Narfcake wrote:It's late in the day, but figure I'd throw it up anyways ...

ChumpMagic at KYSO



Cubistic Cuckoobee




Thank you Narfcake for bringing this to people's attention! I greatly appreciate it!

I also, have another one today. I really love this design! One of my proudest t-design yet


Narfcake


quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake

fishbiscuit5 & kevlar51 at GoodJoe



A Real Boy


It's the "design of the day", so it's only available today!

kevlar51


quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
Narfcake wrote:fishbiscuit5 & kevlar51 at GoodJoe



A Real Boy


It's the "design of the day", so it's only available today!



Thanks Narfcake! Proceeds benefit the National Science Teachers Association!

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Narfcake wrote:fishbiscuit5 & kevlar51 at GoodJoe



A Real Boy


It's the "design of the day", so it's only available today!



Thanks so much for posting this, Narfcake! It's one of my personal favorites and I had the privilege of working with Kevin on it. Third bonus, proceeds go towards education! win, win, win!







neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
chumpmagic wrote:I also, have another one today. I really love this design! One of my proudest t-design yet

This is a really interesting design, chumpmagic! I'm quite intrigued. Can you tell us a little more about the design? I suppose part of what I'm wondering is whether this is a reference to a particular movie, etc. I don't mind wearing stuff that I like but don't understand the reference as long as I know that it's there, rather than having someone remark to me, "Hey, nice Arrested Development shirt!" and responding, "Huh? What does this have to do with Mr. Wendel?" Beyond that, however, I'm curious to hear a little more about the story you had in mind as you were creating it.

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Thanks so much for posting this, Narfcake! It's one of my personal favorites and I had the privilege of working with Kevin on it. Third bonus, proceeds go towards education! win, win, win!

Also a really cool (and poignant) design! It's available on forest green (along with asphalt, brown, and kelly green) and I think I might go for this on forest green to expand the colors in my shirt wardrobe... However, I think GoodJoe's printing method might look better on light colored shirts based on my (very limited) experience with GoodJoe shirts. Anyone else have experience with/opinions on how GoodJoe's new DTG looks on light vs. dark blanks?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

renegadetim


quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
neuropsychosocial wrote:Also a really cool (and poignant) design! It's available on forest green (along with asphalt, brown, and kelly green) and I think I might go for this on forest green to expand the colors in my shirt wardrobe... However, I think GoodJoe's printing method might look better on light colored shirts based on my (very limited) experience with GoodJoe shirts. Anyone else have experience with/opinions on how GoodJoe's new DTG looks on light vs. dark blanks?



Hey neuro, just a few insights here, don't have a lot of extra time right this second to research, but this was initially submitted by chumpmagic to a derby here... Might have been the one of these things is not like the other or something to that effect.


As far as I can remember, there weren't any references, just to the derby theme though. Hope this helped some.

renegadetim


quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Thanks so much for posting this, Narfcake! It's one of my personal favorites and I had the privilege of working with Kevin on it. Third bonus, proceeds go towards education! win, win, win!



WOOT! Well, how ironic, I'm saying woot about a shirt not offered on woot. That's how excited I am!

Fourth bonus is that it's got my favorite Kevin robot on it! So, that makes it a win, win, win, win!

Narfcake


quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
neuropsychosocial wrote:... Anyone else have experience with/opinions on how GoodJoe's new DTG looks on light vs. dark blanks?



The camera on my tablet isn't the greatest, but here is a variety of them:

Goldilocks: Villain:


It's All Fun and Games Until...:


Pottery Training:


Be Yourself:


... and there's a snapshot of Vile Weed in this post too.

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Thanks, Narf! That was really nice of you. I don't have a great phone on my camera either, but for comparison purposes, here's fishbiscuit's "Be Yourself" on purple; it looks better in the pictures than it does in real life! I was slightly disappointed, having seen pictures of yours, because it doesn't look as crisp on the purple. In person, the cats are vaguely lavender and the purple can be seen through the white on the speech bubbles.



RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake


quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake

Jewelwing at GoodJoe



The Classic Battle


"Design of the day" means it's only available for one day!

chumpmagic


quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
neuropsychosocial wrote:This is a really interesting design, chumpmagic! I'm quite intrigued. Can you tell us a little more about the design? I suppose part of what I'm wondering is whether this is a reference to a particular movie, etc. I don't mind wearing stuff that I like but don't understand the reference as long as I know that it's there, rather than having someone remark to me, "Hey, nice Arrested Development shirt!" and responding, "Huh? What does this have to do with Mr. Wendel?" Beyond that, however, I'm curious to hear a little more about the story you had in mind as you were creating it.



I normally don't reference things. If I do, then it is pretty rare and in small doses (or in many cases as a joke). I feel it's a little unethical to leech off other peoples success, and I would rather have my art speak for itself. So no, this design was not intended to reference anything.

As for the story behind this, I would rather have viewers infer their own version of the story than except mine. You can't help but look at this and see a narrative, and the narrative the viewer creates will be more personally and more related to the viewer's interests, causing them to enjoy and be more connected with the piece. For example, if I said the robot has to hide because he is wanted for stealing and eating babies (which is not true!), many people will not like that robot and would hate to be associated with him. However, if I let the robot be whomever the viewer wants the robot to be, then more people will bond with it.... if that makes sense.

I will say that this design was inspired by the Cyberpunk derby here at woot.

One friendly warning ,and I wish I knew this sooner, is that the colors are off a bit which doesn't make the print as effective (the people and robot jacket are a lot lighter which loses a bit of that glow feel). The print job isn't hideously horrid or anything (and I am pretty picky), but I feel people should know since, even though it is out of my control, it still has my name on it. All my other prints with them came out pretty well, so I am not sure what happened here I wrote them an letter though...


j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
chumpmagic wrote:I normally don't reference things. If I do, then it is pretty rare and in small doses (or in many cases as a joke).

Don't lie.
We know you were going for orcobot

move along

chumpmagic


quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
j5 wrote:Don't lie.
We know you were going for orcobot



Na,dude. Orko is untouchable!


j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Nobody gave any shout outs to CMDixon over at Goodjoe?

move along

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
j5 wrote:Nobody gave any shout outs to CMDixon over at Goodjoe?

Oh! Mutating Goodness, seriously, where was Narfcake today? Letting his job interfere with his unpaid work around woot, What's the Features??!?

Well, just in case Narf decides to pull a wootbot and fail to show up for woot.notwork again today, here's:
Drakxxx and CrescentDebris collab at GoodJoe, today only!


RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake


quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
neuropsychosocial wrote:Narfcake has been the stalwart behind supporting woot artists and I think his woot-energy was directed towards supporting non-artist wooters yesterday.


That ... and work/meetings/work kept me away for most of the day.

Drakxxx at GoodJoe, today only!


Now to decide which color ...

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Narfcake wrote:work/meetings/work kept me away for most of the day

*laughs* Duly noted and edited.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake


quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
neuropsychosocial wrote:*laughs* Duly noted and edited.



(laughs!) Yeah, seriously!

So for my 30th GJ shirt, I decided on cranberry, on the basis that I already have 34+ navy Woot shirts, but only 10+ in cranberry.

renegadetim


quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim

Look at all these other shirt sites printing "woot" artists!

Fishbiscuit5 over at ShirtPunch! for today only with a glow in the dark True Blood print!

Shreveport Fangbangers

Can't find the image source to post a pic, but since it's only up today and no one else has posted about it yet, figured I'd let everyone else know.

Edit: found the source image when I purchased one!

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
renegadetim wrote:Look at all these other shirt sites printing "woot" artists!

Fishbiscuit5 over at ShirtPunch! for today only with a glow in the dark True Blood print!

Shreveport Fangbangers

Can't find the image source to post a pic, but since it's only up today and no one else has posted about it yet, figured I'd let everyone else know.

Edit: found the source image when I purchased one!



Oh, wow! Thanks, for posting this, renegadetim. I'm a HUGE True Blood fan and can't wait for season 5 to start next week!







neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

ndikol, creater of Funk Buddies, at GoodJoe, one day only.



Hafta say, this reminds me quite a bit of ApeLad's Deep Sea Reader...


Edit: on GoodJoe, ndikol is claiming that he posted this image to his facebook page on January 5th and ApeLad's "Deep Sea Reader" wasn't available until January 15th.

ApeLad posted a version of "Deep Sea Reader" to the pre-Derby discussion thread on January 6, 2012, linking to a flickr image posted on January 5, 2012. ApeLad entered Deep Sea Reader into the Derby on January 6, 2012. In that thread, he linked to two additional drawings of Deep Sea Reader, posted on January 8, 2012.

The image to which ndikol linked from the GoodJoe discussion page (supposedly on his facebook page) is not available. However, the image is not posted in his deviant art collection, which contains a number of other images, including a nearly-complete version of "Funk Buddies" posted on November 11, 2011, which was also posted to his facebook site on November 17, 2011.
Edit 2: It appears that ndikol submitted this design to threadless on January 4, 2012. I do not see it posted to his flickr page. Hmm...

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Ramy has a new design, Free Hugs, posted over at TeeTurtle. I did not grant Ramy permission to put me on a shirt, but he made me look so adorable that I'll forgive him.



Anyone know what blanks TeeTurtle is using? Comparing the measurements to woot, it looks like the women's shirts run smaller than AA. I will laugh if 7/8th-sized-me ends up in an XL!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

caramelarrow


quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
neuropsychosocial wrote:ndikol, creater of Funk Buddies, at GoodJoe, one day only.



Hmm...



When I click on the image or go to goodjoe, instead of this reader design, there is a robbie lee robot design today.

Attention robot fans!

Or maybe the reading fish was yesterday.

07/11/14

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
caramelarrow wrote:When I click on the image or go to goodjoe, instead of this reader design, there is a robbie lee robot design today.

Attention robot fans!

Or maybe the reading fish was yesterday.



The Fish was yesterday. Today is my favorite Robbie Lee ever. Robbie's Robots + Kurt Vonnegut = Love.



Narfcake


quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
neuropsychosocial wrote:Ramy has a new design, Free Hugs, posted over at TeeTurtle. I did not grant Ramy permission to put me on a shirt, but he made me look so adorable that I'll forgive him.



Anyone know what blanks TeeTurtle is using? Comparing the measurements to woot, it looks like the women's shirts run smaller than AA. I will laugh if 7/8th-sized-me ends up in an XL!


Per his FAQ, he uses a mix of AA, Next Level, and Bella.

FWIW, I actually admit to considering that one. I considered the randoms the other week too, but knowing me, I'd roll bunny/bunny/turtle.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Narfcake wrote:Per his FAQ, he uses a mix of AA, Next Level, and Bella.

FWIW, I actually admit to considering that one. I considered the randoms the other week too, but knowing me, I'd roll bunny/bunny/turtle.


SSE porcupine
SSE hedgehog

BootsBoots wrote:The Fish was yesterday. Today is my favorite Robbie Lee ever. Robbie's Robots + Kurt Vonnegut = Love.

QFT.
Also, while I respect the artist's original vision, I thank Flash Gordon that this is available in other than creme.

move along

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Narfcake wrote:Per his FAQ, he uses a mix of AA, Next Level, and Bella.

Thank you, Narfcake; as you know, I've rarely demonstrated reading comprehension or the ability to do my own research. That being said, I confess that it did not occur to me, until just now, to find a sizing chart for Next Level and compare.

Yeah, still no idea; I can't find a sizing chart that claims a WS has a 14.5" chest and a 23.5" length. The next time someone claims that woot should sell v-necks because "women's shirts" really mean "skin-and-cleavage!!!!!1", I am going to link them here. That woman looks like she would kill for a cookie. Or a box of cookies and six shots of milk.

Narfcake wrote:FWIW, I actually admit to considering that one. I considered the randoms the other week too, but knowing me, I'd roll bunny/bunny/turtle.

I know you love random bunny shirts; didn't realize you hated turtles that much.

j5 wrote:SSE porcupine
SSE hedgehog

Yes, but none of those are an exact likeness of me in the way that Ramy managed to capture me perfectly, including the shiny gloss on my forehead after I've been in the sun for a bit. (Okay, I have much nicer eyelashes and my ears aren't quite so pointy...)

As most of the images that show up in that search are on zazzle, it makes me wonder where the original art is. Oh dear, that image definitely is not about shirts... I think I'll stop now.

j5 wrote:QFT.
Also, while I respect the artist's original vision, I thank Flash Gordon that this is available in other than creme.

What, you don't want to participate in the Reckoning Regulars wet t-shirt contest?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

rglee129


quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
BootsBoots wrote:The Fish was yesterday. Today is my favorite Robbie Lee ever. Robbie's Robots + Kurt Vonnegut = Love.




Thanks, Boots!

Only a few hours left to order...

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

ApeLad at captainkyso: Phonograph Bird ("Time to kick back and listen to some old time Squawk-and-Roll")

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bluejester


quality posts: 566 Private Messages bluejester
BootsBoots wrote:The Fish was yesterday. Today is my favorite Robbie Lee ever. Robbie's Robots + Kurt Vonnegut = Love.



Already grabbed mine, and glad I did. This is, quite simply, one of my favorite designs ever. Not just of Robbie Lee's, (because I like the style of his 'bots) but because this is so rich with symbolism and great style.

Glad to see that this got printed.

Narfcake


quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake

Kevlar51 & Walmazan at GoodJoe



Ukraine is Strong


I foresee another $20 leaving my wallet today ...

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Congrats, kevlar and walmazan! When you work together, there's often an interesting richness to the texture. I can't discern a pattern to how your individual sensibilities combine, which seems to result in a fresh, humorous take every time. Nicely done!

Narfcake wrote:I foresee another $20 leaving my wallet today ...

Since the shirt is $15, I assume you're also having lunch?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bluejester


quality posts: 566 Private Messages bluejester
neuropsychosocial wrote:Congrats, kevlar and walmazan! When you work together, there's often an interesting richness to the texture. I can't discern a pattern to how your individual sensibilities combine, which seems to result in a fresh, humorous take every time. Nicely done!
Since the shirt is $15, I assume you're also having lunch?



I think he's talking about shipping. The price doesn't include the shipping, which makes it roughly 19-something. At least that's around what I paid for Robbie Lee's awesome design.

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
bluejester wrote:I think he's talking about shipping. The price doesn't include the shipping, which makes it roughly 19-something. At least that's around what I paid for Robbie Lee's awesome design.

I do not allow reality to get in the way of teasing Narfcake; admittedly, it's like shooting fish in a barrel or whatever the expression is.

Shipping had not occurred to me relative to Narfcake's comment, I confess. I think I paid closer to $18.something for someone's design earlier this week. Hmm... can't remember which shirt. Well, I do love surprises!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bluejester


quality posts: 566 Private Messages bluejester
neuropsychosocial wrote:I do not allow reality to get in the way of teasing Narfcake; admittedly, it's like shooting fish in a barrel or whatever the expression is.

Shipping had not occurred to me relative to Narfcake's comment, I confess. I think I paid closer to $18.something for someone's design earlier this week. Hmm... can't remember which shirt. Well, I do love surprises!



No, no you're right. Since Narf is dropping decent cash there now, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to send a sandwich along with the next order. He can just think of it as really, really slow take out food. ;)

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
bluejester wrote:No, no you're right. Since Narf is dropping decent cash there now, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to send a sandwich along with the next order. He can just think of it as really, really slow take out food. ;)

Isn't "slow food" all the rage in those hip places like California?

(Where I come from, we also embrace "slow food": "put in pot, cover with water, simmer for 3-5 hours.")

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)