paraduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paraduck

Thanks for making it green, I love it.
It's treerific...sorry, couldn't stop myself.
I'm buying two!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Yay! Arriba Kevin!!

Congrats my friend! Awesome print!

wehealthy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wehealthy
bluejester wrote:It's funny, because as much as I love the design, it just fills me with sadness for the way e-readers have toppled book stores.

I'm happier there is at least one less big box store.

sparklecoogs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sparklecoogs

Great design, Kev. Congrats! I'm in for one.

For those who were wondering about the green question, the best information I could find was that one study said you need to read about 40 books a year for your e-reader to be "greener" than print books. Another study said about 23 books would be sufficient. Obviously, it's hard to measure precisely. Use solar power and keep the e-reader for a few years, though, and you'd definitely come out on top. And fwiw, Sierra Club endorses the public library as the greenest way to read.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

Green? No no no. The selfish trees just don't want you to cut them down.

jestmeister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jestmeister

For what it's worth...

The vast majority of paper used in the production of books, magazines, newspapers, etc. is purchased from paper mills that manage and harvest their own forests, replanting as they harvest. They are not deforesting. The trees are a crop. We might as well talk about saving corn while we're at it.

In fact, the purchase of paper products actually promotes responsible forrest management. If there is no need for this crop, the land will be turned over for more profitable development.

If anything, try to look for the FSC logo when buying paper products (or any forest products for that matter).

Still a cute design.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

Congrats on the print Kevlar, awesome design! I may even be able to convince my fiancee to buy one.

wildflowertx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildflowertx

I love this shirt! Great design. One on the way for me and my Kindle...

I really want to like/share it on Facebook...but when I tried, it shows yesterday's shirt instead of today's.... *sigh*

AdaDavis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AdaDavis

Titles in his Kindle:

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Roots

The Lexus and the Olive Tree

Heart of Oak

Complete Works of Nathaniel Hawthorne

Angela's Ashes

Family Tree

susancnett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susancnett

I love the design on this shirt but I look TERRIBLE in green so I am not buying it.

If I could buy the design in a poster, or get the design on a different color shirt I would get it.

goodlifegardens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goodlifegardens
Narfcake wrote:Y'know, sooner or later, that tree is going to have to recharge the thing ... and then what?! Those woods look pretty off-the-grid to me...

solar--what do you think trees use for energy?

sassytoblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sassytoblue

Sizing help! Wanting to purchase this shirt. Was given a shirt from Woot! ..and the sizing tag just shows L ...is that kids Large, or women's large? From looking at sizing..seems like kids.. but wouldn't think that would be right. If anyone can help..I sure would appreciate it. Thx!

ormank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ormank

Perfect shirt for Earth Day.

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan

The irony is that kindles and similar computer products probably do more destruction chemically to nature than a paperback... but who knows... maybe im wrong. It's a cool design!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
sassytoblue wrote:Sizing help! Wanting to purchase this shirt. Was given a shirt from Woot! ..and the sizing tag just shows L ...is that kids Large, or women's large? From looking at sizing..seems like kids.. but wouldn't think that would be right. If anyone can help..I sure would appreciate it. Thx!

They may have changed shirt providers since then too, so no one can really answer that at all. If you like the fit of the shirt measure it and try to match that to the sizing chart. The new blanks seem to shrink length wise not width wise and are bigger overall, so keep that in mind.

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day: 1188, all on imported Anvil blanks.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: TheGolux
Last purchase time: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 11:58:52 PM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 12.665s
Woot wage: $3,002.59
Woots sold: 1188

Order pace: 1m 12.603s
Woot wage: $3,753.24
Woots sold: 1189

Last wooter to woot: WLGades
Last purchase time: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 12:05:56 AM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 12.838s
Woot wage: $3,734.86
Woots sold: 1191

First days sales: 1189 or 1190, most likely 1189

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
TheGolux wrote:Last wooter to woot: TheGolux
Order pace: 1m 12.665s
Woot wage: $3,002.59
Woots sold: 1188

Order pace: 1m 12.603s
Woot wage: $3,753.24
Woots sold: 1189

Last wooter to woot: WLGades
Last purchase time: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 12:05:56 AM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 12.838s
Woot wage: $3,734.86
Woots sold: 1191

First days sales: 1189 or 1190, most likely 1189

1189 is correct, if it helps with your stats

lonelypond

quality posts: 434 Private Messages lonelypond

Congratulations. Tree just looks wise enough to want a little peace + quiet to read in.

devyanks90

quality posts: 4 Private Messages devyanks90
susancnett wrote:I love the design on this shirt but I look TERRIBLE in green so I am not buying it.

If I could buy the design in a poster, or get the design on a different color shirt I would get it.

You ask, the side sale answers. http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=save-the-trees-recycled-tee

long live woottv

goodlifegardens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goodlifegardens

What color is the "recycle" shirt supposed to be? It looks like the smog is settling in. Rather gloomy for a positive message design.

rotteedad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rotteedad

Four days and no Tracking Number, hope it's not lost in the mail.

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

rotteedad wrote:Four days and no Tracking Number, hope it's not lost in the mail.

I'm sending you a private message. If you have any questions about any order, please contact us at service@woot.com.