cbgnass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbgnass

Be honest now; how many of you actually had to start typing "champ..." in a google search box to see if it auto-completed with "-ion" or "ian"?

I will neither confirm nor deny... but I'll certainly ware this shirt with pried.

hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake

After days of Honduran shirts, THIS is the one you put on AA?!?

goodlifegardens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goodlifegardens

This really isn't up to Woot artistic standards. I'll bet it's a low seller.

aknox077

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aknox077

As a former Spelling Bee contestant and champion I'm deeply offended by this shirt.

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1
haxrox wrote:If it's not underlined in red, I see no problem.

I agree, I even copy/pasted the image into Word and it didn't underline anything. Looks good to me!

I wonder if woot has any spellchecker technology for the prints they do or if someone types it out to check it. Has there ever been a genuine misspelling that made it to the printers?

bsmith1

goodlifegardens wrote:This really isn't up to Woot artistic standards. I'll bet it's a low seller.

Yes, because most school spelling bee shirts were highly artistic... (rolls eyes @ u) Seriously, it's supposed to look like the real deal and most schools don't have graphic designers to do their class t-shirts. I suppose they could have made it distressed to look old, but that's about it.

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey

No offense to the artist but these motto shirts are getting old.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

I needed this shirt when I was in school. I had terrible spelling, I've gotten a lot better over the years but only through a lot of writing which schools never seem to want you to enjoy doing or anything. Grumbles.

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik

~I am so smart!~

~I am so smart!~

~S-M-R-T~

er--- I mean, ~S-M-A-R-T!!!~ :D

arrrrgh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages arrrrgh

This should be popular at University of Toledo, where they have a "committment" to excellence.

anarchyvirus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anarchyvirus

See it's funny because the word champion is spelled wrong, see that, har har har. Guh his tshirt will be a fine indicator of people who have a boring sense of humor and crap artistic taste.

cmoborough

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmoborough

I don't gete it...

bsmith1

anarchyvirus wrote:See it's funny because the word champion is spelled wrong, see that, har har har. Guh his tshirt will be a fine indicator of people who have a boring sense of humor and crap artistic taste.

Yeah, because people who buy t-shirts for their artistic value are so interesting. Please, do tell me more about how your artsy t-shirt is a metaphor for your inner anguish and how the subtle shading in the background represents the impending darkness that awaits us all. Yes, I agree, your t-shirt is so artistic that you are clearly a much better person than people with just text on their shirts.

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628
arrrrgh wrote:This should be popular at University of Toledo, where they have a "committment" to excellence.

The extra T is for Toledo!

Approximately 28 times:

http://www.utoledo.edu/search.html?q=committment

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628
bsmith1 wrote:Yeah, because people who buy t-shirts for their artistic value are so interesting. Please, do tell me more about how your artsy t-shirt is a metaphor for your inner anguish and how the subtle shading in the background represents the impending darkness that awaits us all. Yes, I agree, your t-shirt is so artistic that you are clearly a much better person than people with just text on their shirts.

But there aren't cutsie dinosaurs.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
arrrrgh wrote:This should be popular at University of Toledo, where they have a "committment" to excellence.

Ah that just in medical where, you know, a single change in the spelling of the word wouldn't lead to a misdiagnosis or anything like that.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bsmith1 wrote:Yeah, because people who buy t-shirts for their artistic value are so interesting. Please, do tell me more about how your artsy t-shirt is a metaphor for your inner anguish and how the subtle shading in the background represents the impending darkness that awaits us all. Yes, I agree, your t-shirt is so artistic that you are clearly a much better person than people with just text on their shirts.

adamant628 wrote:But there aren't cutsie dinosaurs.

How did I miss that!

I'm just hanging out, really.

bsmith1

inkycatz wrote:...1st pic...

You're right. I'm just feverishly defending the shirt in an attempt avoid buyer's remorse.

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak
aknox077 wrote:As a former Spelling Bee contestant and champion I'm deeply offended by this shirt.

You mean champian?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bsmith1 wrote:You're right. I'm just feverishly defending the shirt in an attempt avoid buyer's remorse.

It is funny. That's all you need.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mrschakra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrschakra

There is a school in town with a sign that says it's called "Little Einstens Preschool". If I had unlimited cash-flow, I'd buy one for each and every one of the little Einstens.

As it is, I'm trying to decide if I buy one for each of my kids or just one for myself to wear on classroom volunteer day.

rachel0031

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel0031

I want one, but I hate that color. Darn.

corkdorkmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corkdorkmom

This is even funnier because my last name is Champion.... really!

Lbug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lbug

I loved "Jaxxssonn" in the writeup. I used to be a reporter in a small town, and after e.g. taking a photo of a school class with kids like Kieth and Issac (pronounced Isaac), I was bursting with being unable to ask their parents if they intentionally chose an odd spelling slightly off from the common spelling, or if they just didn't know how the name is usually spelled.

I never had this problem taking photos at the senior center. Ruby, Frank, Grace, etc., always spelled the way you think it should be spelled, never Rubee, Franc, Grayce, or anything like that.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

I think I saw this shirt at Target once. Or maybe it was Old Navy.

wendyloui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wendyloui

Bad spellers of the world untie!

hallyhoop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hallyhoop

I can't help but notice that my state (Mississippi) isn't "wooting" much on the sales map. Could this be one of the reasons we're ranked 50th in the nation in education?

btomell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btomell

Similar shirt exists

I much prefer when woot shirts are original.

spencexxx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spencexxx

Litererly minutes went into the desine of this rusty old joke of a tea-shirt.

Yaaaaaaaaaawn...

minionofeckerd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages minionofeckerd

This doesn't feel like a Woot shirt... :/

ojchase

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ojchase

I just want to know who the final person in the class was! The writeup describes 22 illiterate, 3 failures, and this, um, winner, out of a class of 27. Why didn't the 27th win???

starksre

quality posts: 3 Private Messages starksre

should buy this for some of my teachers... you hear that mr. I?

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
anarchyvirus wrote:See it's funny because the word champion is spelled wrong, see that, har har har. Guh his tshirt will be a fine indicator of people who have a boring sense of humor and crap artistic taste.

This is the first shirt I've bought in over a year from woot that wasn't blank. Honestly. I loathe all of the cutesy animals and wanna-be deep illustrations of cherry-blossom trees.

julesdzi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julesdzi

Ahsome! I bet she's on the honer role.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

As a teacher, this shirt is a must buy for me.

that was fun while it lasted!

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day: 2515, all on AA blanks.

dwimmz

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dwimmz

Despite the convictions of some, this shirt was not a pore cellar.

dwimmz

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dwimmz

EDIT: double post, nothing to see here.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: supergeek133
Last purchase time: Monday, April 23, 2012, 11:59:15 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 34.336s
Woot wage: $3,751.97
Woots sold: 2515

Last wooter to woot: stainsonme
Last purchase time: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 12:08:22 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 34.539s
Woot wage: $3,728.38
Woots sold: 2516

First day sales: 2515

cutesox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cutesox

This shirt is hilarious. Too bad these are still printed on the horrible, horrible anvil tees. Until they fix the ladies' sizing - I can't buy any of these awesome shirts.

I don't want a boxy, unflattering t-shirt.

Totally would have bought it.