bricemoak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bricemoak

eh, cool looks like something out of a bio book with that note

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh

Cute, wish I had mo' money...

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Doesn't he have a prehensile tail? The ocarina looks as if it is glued on.

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402

I thought it was a cat o_O

darkazura

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darkazura

I like the concept but not the execution. Just my two cents.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 32 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Very Clever, too bad this wasn't around for the sale earlier in yesterday's woot off ....no matter, very nice, I always love the shirts that come over here at shirt.woot...I've never had anything bad to say...so good...you guys and gals keep doing what you're doing...

<--CLICK HERE FOR BETTA KOI THREAD

Robtangle

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Robtangle

I'm guessing that ocarina is pretty hard to play without opposable thumbs.

pcdawg0321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcdawg0321
Robtangle wrote:I'm guessing that ocarina is pretty hard to play without opposable thumbs.

That's why evolution happened, just so he could play the ocarina.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Love the bananas on the Hyrulian shield!

linkage89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages linkage89
darkazura wrote:I like the concept but not the execution. Just my two cents.

Ditto. Really cool concept but I am not crazy about the art. Sorry, gimetzco.

mmegan33

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mmegan33

I am not up on my "pop culture" so I'm okay with the fact that I don't get this shirt... But does it need to be so unattractive? Must be directed at a very specific audience... Yowzers.

betagirl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages betagirl
mmegan33 wrote:I am not up on my "pop culture" so I'm okay with the fact that I don't get this shirt... But does it need to be so unattractive? Must be directed at a very specific audience... Yowzers.

Err, the missing link is referring to evolution so it's a primate - crossed with "Link" the main character of Zelda.

hobosunday

quality posts: 7 Private Messages hobosunday

No, this Link did not exsist. I believe God made every Link by scratch with his two hands to go save Hyrule. Links evolving from simple apes is abominable.

awl85

quality posts: 7 Private Messages awl85

Is this a side of effect from Temple of Time?

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Looks like every single one of my Oblivion characters.

djenkins1982

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djenkins1982

Ocarina of Tail?

TheCrazyCapn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCrazyCapn

Aha! I always wondered why Link had such pointy ears!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Not quite the type of furry art I like. :P

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

trixydan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trixydan

There is something about this that is highly creapy (and not in a good way)... perhaps it's that the pointy elven ears make the monkey face look rattish... perhaps it's the hunched posture which makes me think of skulking...and thus more rattyness...

jcflman

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jcflman

I dig the Zack Morris haircut. :D

darkfate00

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkfate00

Im not gana lie. Im not a fan of this in the slightest. IMO so no one jump on me. The drawing looks kinda crude (That maybe the point) The ocarina Tail thing going on does (as someone said before) looks like its stuck there. Sorry not for me one bit.

joetechco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joetechco

Ah.......so that IS an ocarina! Maybe they didn't have bugles and ocarinas were used to play the "call to battle"!!

bluejester

quality posts: 556 Private Messages bluejester

Take a good look people. You could possibly be seeing a glimpse into what Michael Bay would turn yet another beloved childhood memory into.

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

I try not to make derisive comments about things on woot, but I'll make an exception tonight. That might be the dumbest shirt design I have seen so far.

eepeep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages eepeep
Orcrist42 wrote:I try not to make derisive comments about things on woot, but I'll make an exception tonight. That might be the dumbest shirt design I have seen so far.

I like the design, and I like the color of the shirt.....BUT I'm not a fan of the execution of the design. I checked the artist's website, and can see he's capable of better work. This particular shirt looks rough. Very rough.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and binds the universe together.

tighr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tighr

I like the idea, and the pun is funny, but the design looks like a cave painting.

razmasters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages razmasters

As a tremendous fan of "The Legend of Zelda," and a full-fledged supporter of the theory of evolution, I must say that I'm terribly disappointed in how awful this shirt looks.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Totally geeky, only slightly unnerving. Great stuff.

And now everyone must watch the best TV commercial ever made:

predter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages predter

Surely the title "A missing Link to the past" (as in the title of the SNES game) would be more cleverereror?

jonwhoa

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jonwhoa

Were his fingers developed enough that he could grip a sword? I need authenticity in my Woot! shirts!

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

Honduras you are the bane of my existence. Seriously woot, can you offer some girl shirts that dont flare out at the bottom? Makes me look like im wearing a dress meant for a 5 year old.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

allrealelements

quality posts: 1 Private Messages allrealelements

If someone remakes this design using the scientific illustration style found in identification books, I would buy it in an instant.

As it is, the text and image clash so hard that it seems as though the shirt forgot what its own joke was.

Great concept though - I've been making this joke in my head for years

mbren28568

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbren28568
darkazura wrote:I like the concept but not the execution. Just my two cents.

I agree...great concept, but gonna pass on this one...

Maybe could have had that image of "amoeba to monkey to ape to man" that we always see when evolution is discussed, with the "Link" right in the middle or something.

Signature was getting too long
Bungled Original Communicator - 6/3/2013

jai151

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jai151
Robtangle wrote:I'm guessing that ocarina is pretty hard to play without opposable thumbs.

Pretty much all primates have opposable thumbs, and, by looking at the hand, we can see so does... this... thing.

...Yeah, in for 0.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

He has opposable thumbs in that picture - which are not at all unique to human beings.

Honestly, my biggest issue with the picture is that the ocarina appears to be just floating in front of his tail. I have no clue why that is, but it bothers the hell out of me.

...and the shirt isn't pretty or cute, and I'm one of *those* wooters.

trenton21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trenton21

face + palm = facepalm....

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
sellbuyer92 wrote:Very Clever, too bad this wasn't around for the sale earlier in yesterday's woot off ....no matter, very nice, I always love the shirts that come over here at shirt.woot...I've never had anything bad to say...so good...you guys and gals keep doing what you're doing...

Are you referring to the possible additional traffic generated by the sale? Otherwise, I am a little puzzled by the comment. The woot-off sale only applied to reckoning shirts, and the pricce simply matched that of the "today's woot" shirt - $12. So no savings would have been had.

jai151

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jai151

Okay, after looking at the shirt for a bit, here are my problems with it.

A) He's a monkey. There are two problems with this, one being that for the human evolution pun monkeys are a different branch of the primate tree, humans are apes. The other being that while there are monkeys in the game, that's not really how they look (all hunched up)

B) Not enough was done to sell the "Cave-Link" idea. This looks like you took Link and zapped him with a devolution ray or dressed a monkey up in Link's clothing. It would have been much better if you had, for example, used the wooden shield, made the graphics on them more cave-painting-y, had him wielding a club with the classic Master Sword hilt, and had him in a green loincloth.

C) There is something just off about the style. It looks like it was based on Gabe's art style from Penny Arcade. Not a bad thing on its own, but it lacks something in a shirt design, depth, something.

D) The ocarina. Why is it hovering? WHY!?

E) And my final complaint, green on green. Never do the primary color of your piece on a background of the same color. Especially with your "Fig. 1" joke in there, this should have been printed on something more like a cream or other like color to represent paper.

Sorry if I come off overly critical here, just hoping this helps you on subsequent shirts.

Wish you success in the future!

(Oh, and write-up guys, "From whence" is grammatically incorrect. It's just "Whence.")

schmidnot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schmidnot

My son is going to go ape over this!