dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Remember the first time (NAVY)

In Queens, all you can really see is the moon. Too much light for anything else.
When Dad took out the telescope, the neighbors would line up to take a turn looking.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Zagazoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zagazoo
Re: The Watcher

Thought about calling it "space hermit"... was a hard one to title

scottapicella

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottapicella
Re: Major Tom

Did Pluto get left out again? Poor pluto! or is this the same Galaxy! I guess i should just accept that Pluto is not a planet anymore. No, Wait! He is a planet because i said so, and this shirt is stunning by the way!

ESSSSAPPP

scottapicella

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottapicella
scottapicella wrote:Did Pluto get left out again? Poor pluto! or is this the same Galaxy! I guess i should just accept that Pluto is not a planet anymore. No, Wait! He is a planet because i said so, and this shirt is stunning by the way!

wait a second! the t-shirt is hiding a planet!

ESSSSAPPP

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Celestial Fire

I see at lest one hidden Mickey in the upper right corner. Are there more hidden throughout the design?

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
Re: Death Stars

A star's fate is tied to its mass. Smaller stars collapse and become white dwarfs. Larger stars die and become newt-run-stars (neutron stars). The biggest become bottomless black holes.

Oh the possibilities!

burnapaperzach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burnapaperzach
Re: Mr. Cosmos

Cheers guys, your comments make me smile

midnitez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midnitez

The cute side of me wants to wear this so very much. Needs more votes! <3

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
orabbit wrote:The percentage is just output as a halftone. Woot does it on their end. There would be a white underbase below the main body color so the highlight isn't shirt color. The shadow is printed over the body color. At least that's how I would do it in my shop.

Oh, that would be cool to know if they indeed did that. That really opens up new possibilities! Thanks!

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
VikThor wrote:[quote postid="4980359" user="orabbit"]
»wonders if it is even theoretically possible for a particle to be composed of 1 of each quark?«

hahaha...oh my. Too much thinking for me. I love it just cuz it's cute!!

midnitez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midnitez
Re: Storytelling

I tried to avoid making a comment on this entry but I can't anymore

The only animal not deformed or way too fat (chubby is cute, this is not chubby lol) for the size of their heads in this is the adult goose. Even the little ones have some issues in their anatomy. Shame.

Besides that, the constellation silhouettes are so bold; should've been more transparent for that 'stellar' effect. Ursa Major's bugs me the most what with the lines going out of the silhouette.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Seeing Stars

Cute, but this looks like it's on a heather grey shirt, which is no longer offered. Might want to resubmit on silver, and providing a detailed shot would be great.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Talika

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Talika
Re: Banished

The Robot looks an awful lot like Wall-E..

stephenlynx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephenlynx
Re: Astronomical Alchemy

LOVE This! However, wish the entire image was rotated 180 degrees - putting pluto below & the main spiral over the wearer's chest. just sayin'

gayemeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
viridiancat wrote:I agree that the second version is much better. It works better without the kid and it's a better composition. It also leaves more to the imagination.

Yes, one of its strengths is that it leaves more to imagine.

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
Re: The Race

I really like this shirt. I hardly ever vote in the derby, but I voted for this one.

Reason I hardly ever vote: I only vote for designs that I will buy. There are many designs that are good, or cute, or that I like (but not on a T-shirt), I won't vote unless I am willing to spend $$ on it.

So anyway, nice job on this shirt. If it prints, I will buy

Zagazoo

Re: Total Jerk V2

I love the expression on the Earth's face, and his mouth shape suggests he's making an "F" noise. What an ingenious way to curse without making it overt! Well done my friend!

DrPepperSpray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrPepperSpray
burnapaperzach wrote:This is awesome!

Thanks! I really like your Mr Cosmos design, which is what I kind of wanted to go for.. Even though I think yours is more like Pixar's night and day short, and I was thinking more Eternity from Marvel comics. I really like the simplicity and strength of your design though.

DrPepperSpray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrPepperSpray

I really like this one. It really reminds me of the night and day short by Pixar from a few years ago.

I'm curious though, how all that black will print. Is it a solid block of color, or did you half-tone it?

Zagazoo

Re: Pagan Poetry: The Song of Stars

My goodness, what a beautiful image! This is my favorite I've seen in this derby, it's so serene and peaceful. Is it based off a Pagan poem? The amount of detail and variations on shade is astounding, is this just one color on black? If it doesn't print in this derby it would probably be relatively cheap to get a batch printed since it's one color. I feel like this design needs to be printed somehow, if you ever print it send me an email zagazoo42@gmail.com because I'de definitely want one!

burnapaperzach

Re: The Watcher

this is sweeeeet +1

burnapaperzach

DrPepperSpray wrote:I really like this one. It really reminds me of the night and day short by Pixar from a few years ago.

I'm curious though, how all that black will print. Is it a solid block of color, or did you half-tone it?

Thank you! And yes, it is half-toned

VinduDaHindu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VinduDaHindu

Excellent! and beautiful in a very trippy way.

spkidwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spkidwell
Re: Aquila

Please vote for this great summer design that will take you from memorial day to vetrans day with the Aquila or "Eagle" constellation.

plainyoghurt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plainyoghurt
Re: Seeing Stars

Same design, resubbed on an asphalt shirt. Thank you so much to the person who told me the heather grey shirt was no longer in production.

SDCIVENG2007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SDCIVENG2007

Cool idea and very well drawn but I think a "Last Stop for Liquor Next 1,000,000,000,000 miles" or similar would have pulled the whole cantina/bar idea together a bit more

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
Re: Cosmic Chicken

Can I ask a question I hope somebody knowledgeable will answer- those half tones on this, are they acceptable, will they print well?
nice design too.

missfittoy02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missfittoy02
Re: Moonlight Sonata

I really wish this was in the fog...I need this shirt. Would also love it as a poster. I love how subtle but well done the "record player" aspect is. Good Job!

dntpnc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dntpnc
Re: The big bear is a big dipper

This is really fun!

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
Mavyn wrote:I can not support this artist. Here is why.

Please read and decide for yourself if this type of behavior is something you want to fund.

[mod: we all can do without the direct namecalling]

lol woot! ;-)

(thanks for the heads up mavyn :-)

spkidwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spkidwell
Re: Milky Way

I know a cow lover who would love this shirt; very cute!

ladybugb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladybugb
midnitez wrote:I tried to avoid making a comment on this entry but I can't anymore

The only animal not deformed or way too fat (chubby is cute, this is not chubby lol) for the size of their heads in this is the adult goose. Even the little ones have some issues in their anatomy. Shame.

Besides that, the constellation silhouettes are so bold; should've been more transparent for that 'stellar' effect. Ursa Major's bugs me the most what with the lines going out of the silhouette.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the "realism" probably wasn't high on the list of stylistic choices for this piece. C'mon, it's obviously not meant to be a study of anatomical correctness. The pony is fat, the bear is fluffy. /shrug I get if it's not your thing, but it's not like they're unrecognizable or horrendously out of proportion.

Also, Cygnus is a swan, not a goose, you can see the mask on the adult swan.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
capitalsown wrote:Too many colors and it looks like you used gradients. Good design, though.

can't have collar different color either.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
mailmanmo wrote:Can I ask a question I hope somebody knowledgeable will answer- those half tones on this, are they acceptable, will they print well?
nice design too.

Yeah, I wonder the same thing. I've often stopped working on designs because the half-tones overlapped like that, or because the color mixing ended up leaving teeny tiny dots of color.

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri

I assume this is a black shirt. Correct? Or is it navy blue? Either way, excellent design.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
mailmanmo wrote:
(thanks for the heads up mavyn :-)

This isn't a statement about woot. I happen to quite like woot and think the woot employees I've encountered online are good people doing a tough job.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

1ass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1ass

voted!

5w33713

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 5w33713

voted!

BillSPrestonEsq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BillSPrestonEsq

I totally voted for this non-heinous shirt, dudes and dudettes!

Shut up, Ted!

zakaroo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zakaroo
Re: The Race

You're all forgetting Uranus was renamed to Urrectum