Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
bluetuba wrote:I agree, and the slogan sounds much much better with the word dice.

so change it or add another die to the design so it is correct.

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

Somebody. ANYBODY. Please make a CROSSFIRE t-shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

kairanie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kairanie
midgerock wrote:Thanks for the catch Leahbh. I'm going to change it to die because I know it probably will be same comment with a majority of wooters although its a small nitpick but easily changed.

You shouldn't need to change it. Even though you only show one in your design, people rarely play games with just one die. Also, people say dice way way way more frequently than the singular form, and since the word also is a verb meaning to cease living, I feel that it may cause some initial confusion, even with the illustration. I would not want to wear a shirt where the largest word was die, especially if it wasn't talking about death.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell
rasabi wrote:Still have tweaks and halftoning to do, but here is where I am. Added a board and some fire and ice action (hopefully not too much...)

Black or cranberry?

Cranberry gets my vote.

sgmitter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgmitter

Sheep for wheat? has become the running joke thing to say among my Catan settling friends. Because it sounds funny. Don't know if it would play to the wider Catan playing world, but there you are.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
jasneko wrote:Thanks for the comments! Glad I'm not the only one who has the problem of too many sheep;) And that people like it!
Definitely did not intend for any innuendos. How about this instead? (will fix up the lettering, just putting this phrase out there).

oR "Anyone want sheep?"

or suggestions welcome too!

I think what you have is good... reminds me of something I saw a lonnng time ago on Something Awful that went something like:

Come on guys, trade me some grain. Anybody? You guys are jerks.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Thanks again for the suggestions everyone.

@rasabi - ha! yeah I've gotten cranky sometimes when I'm not getting any trades.

@sgmitter - I was thinking of something along those lines too... definitely heard in it in games too

Here's a try with that...what do the settler players think of this one?

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
jasneko wrote:Thanks for the comments! Glad I'm not the only one who has the problem of too many sheep;) And that people like it!
Definitely did not intend for any innuendos. How about this instead? (will fix up the lettering, just putting this phrase out there).

oR "Anyone want sheep?"

or suggestions welcome too!

Baa Baa Black Sheep, have you any Wood.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Spiritgreen wrote:
I was going to make a t-shirt about the game I invented, it's called 5-card-Battle-Chess-Opoly, but I'm not drunk enough to remember the rules.

Narfcake wrote:It involves dice, random utterances of "go fish", and you have to yell BINGO when the dog captures a pawn or when a knight moves in on Reading Railroad.

Now that sounds like a fun game - I want to sit next to Spiritgreen at the Woot-Family Game Night! (Although I think Narfcake forgot the part where each player gets five shots to hit the other player's king.)

Janesko, I love the sheep. I think "Need something other than sheep" is wicked funny, but so is "Sheep for wheat?", and that's coming from someone who has never played Settlers. I just wish that it were on cranberry or some other color with a chance of printing on AA so that I could get one that would fit me!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Jussslic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jussslic

Chardee Macdennis

Haha not sure whether this would pass the rejectionator since it's pretty much directly from It's Always Sunny, but it was a super quickie. Maybe I'll distress it a little bit and submit anyway.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Thanks Ochopika and Bluetuba! I changed a little bit the perspective of the table so that the map would be seen easily

Ochopika! That looks great! just add a few more hexagons as they've said (I know it's a bit weird to draw geometric figures in that perspective :S)

Rasabi, I think both look great, but I prefer black.

Nathan, I didn't comment cause I'm not good at names...but I think it's a great and as Spiritgreen said, really wearable, and I think they gave you a bunch of good names!

Like the sheeps too, Jasneko!!

chaoswerecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaoswerecat

I love the settlers versions by jasneko and ochopika!
I always have sheep and try to get the sheep harbour. So for me it usually is "Need something other than sheep, or more sheep"

ReflectiveRobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ReflectiveRobot

Updated with "Quality Family Time" text on a black shirt.

orabbit

quality posts: 30 Private Messages orabbit

[quote postid="4987064" user="ReflectiveRobot"]Updated with "Quality Family Time" text on a black shirt.

Looks cool! The screen on the phone is slightly off-center, which is bugging me. Not to nit-pick.

@rasabi: Black for my money. Plus it saves an ink color.

So no one's got any comments on my Mouse Trap/Indiana Jones idea? I know the sketch is abysmal, but is the idea worth pursuing?

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

So....is it a bad thing that I've never heard of settlers of catan before this?

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
lyonscc wrote:Here's one I finished a while back (for the RPG derby, but then realized that Fluxx really isn't an RPG, but just a game played at RPG conferences), based on Fluxx.

This.......is awesome. Not only do I want the shirt, I want the game!

Make it so, Number One.

chaoswerecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaoswerecat
tjschaeffer wrote:So....is it a bad thing that I've never heard of settlers of catan before this?

yes. well, if you like board games that can take 3 hours, uses strategy and luck plus some good bargaining skills. We play it every New Year's Eve for 7-8 years now

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
orabbit wrote:[quote postid="4987064" user="ReflectiveRobot"]Updated with "Quality Family Time" text on a black shirt.

Looks cool! The screen on the phone is slightly off-center, which is bugging me. Not to nit-pick.

@rasabi: Black for my money. Plus it saves an ink color.

So no one's got any comments on my Mouse Trap/Indiana Jones idea? I know the sketch is abysmal, but is the idea worth pursuing?

I'd say yes - it just needs to be clearer that it's Mousetrap. You just have to have that little red cage visible to sell it.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar

Board Games! Yay!

Monopoly and LIFE are big family "competitive" games here. Sometimes we run out of pieces and need to borrow from another game.

That is when "Suddenly, LIFE happens":

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
cfdunbar wrote:Board Games! Yay!

Monopoly and LIFE are big family "competitive" games here. Sometimes we run out of pieces and need to borrow from another game.

That is when "Suddenly, LIFE happens":

I like it! I have a very similar idea in the works with close to the same slogan so uhh... We will see what happens...

ReflectiveRobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ReflectiveRobot

I'm going to call this one done. Thanks for the suggestions.

cfdunbar

shikausstan wrote:I like it! I have a very similar idea in the works with close to the same slogan so uhh... We will see what happens...

No problem. I wouldn't have thought that nobody else would have put something similar together. Looking forward in seeing your entry, good luck!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
kairanie wrote:You shouldn't need to change it. Even though you only show one in your design, people rarely play games with just one die. Also, people say dice way way way more frequently than the singular form, and since the word also is a verb meaning to cease living, I feel that it may cause some initial confusion, even with the illustration. I would not want to wear a shirt where the largest word was die, especially if it wasn't talking about death.

You will get nerds pointing out that dice is plural and the shirt only shows 1 though. I think adding another die or two (or just imply/shadow them or whatever artists do) so dice is more fitting isn't a bad idea if he can find a way to do it. Or maybe change the slogan to "I live vicariously through my 20 sided die" to make it less icky sounding.

wirdou

well... I guess I will be able to finish it hahaha It still needs some details and do the halftoning, but I'm pretty happy with how it looks :D

kfujita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfujita
jasneko wrote:Thanks again for the suggestions everyone.

@rasabi - ha! yeah I've gotten cranky sometimes when I'm not getting any trades.

@sgmitter - I was thinking of something along those lines too... definitely heard in it in games too

Oh, my Galaxy!. this is amazing. i need this to print!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Thanks all! Happy people are liking it!
Still not sure which phrase to go with ... though I prefer less text, so if I don't see a clear preference, I might go with the shorter 'sheep for wheat?'

@chaoswerecat - I know exactly what you mean, hehe.
With that - even if 'Sheep for wheat?' wouldn't be your trade query, do you still find it funny as a settlers player?

@neuropsychosocial - It's cool that you like it without having played settlers! (or where you saying that was from someone else?)
With the colors - I haven't been reading the forums regularly lately... I didn't know some are still printed on AA!? Which colors besides cranberry?

PS. Ochopika - love yours so far! Awesome:D

cfdunbar

mom2kate wrote:Personally I always have a ton of sheep, a little wood and am in need of bricks. I get together with my friends and we have a games day, and this is one of my favs!!

Good luck with this design, I really like it!

You know, I was going to make a comment about having ".... a little wood...." then I noticed that this is posted by my wife!!

Thanks ALOT honey!
I'll just go on back to working then. Humph!

Edit: great design BTW jasneko!! I always find myself saying "Have wood. Need Sheep." but that's another story.

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

I juuuust got a new computer (yay) which I'm still setting up, so I'll be skipping this week (boo) and taking the role of 'leaver of angry comments'. >:D

Just kidding! About the angry part, anyway.

phylumsynthesis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phylumsynthesis

I so wish I weren't buried under commissions this week. I like playing boardgames...

There's a very cute YouTube video of an octopus moving chess pieces underwater, and doing so very...thoughtfully. I was trying to find a way to turn it into the "single panel comic" model that seems to work here.

Anyway, back to illustrations....

alan3303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alan3303
wirdou wrote:well... I guess I will be able to finish it hahaha It still needs some details and do the halftoning, but I'm pretty happy with how it looks :D

I know its a little late in the game but what about making the board a human body instead of a world (could still have latitude and longitude) but you would probably have to do something else to make it recognizable as risk. Just a thought - love the current one too!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
alan3303 wrote:I know its a little late in the game but what about making the board a human body instead of a world (could still have latitude and longitude) but you would probably have to do something else to make it recognizable as risk. Just a thought - love the current one too!

Naaaahhhhh.. it being a contagious pandemic and taking over the world ala Risk is the joke. Changing it to "inner space" would lose that.

What's a virus' favorite board game? Risk of course!

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

Submission 2

Still open for title!

mamaspeak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamaspeak
wirdou wrote:

Ooooh, yes yes yes yes yes! I'm an epidemiologist and would SO wear this.

ETA: Just scrolled and saw the updated version. Love it!

wirdou

Alan, thanks for your comment! That was a great option too!:D:D But I prefer, as Bluetuba said, the joke of a disease spreading all over the world and dominating the planet! hahaha I'm a bit worried that people don't see it's the risk board game, but I hope they see it's a game whose aim is to spread all over the world!:D
If I see that it doesn't get more votes...I'll try to make it more recognizable. Thanks for your words!!

eeschultz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eeschultz
kairanie wrote:You shouldn't need to change it. Even though you only show one in your design, people rarely play games with just one die. Also, people say dice way way way more frequently than the singular form, and since the word also is a verb meaning to cease living, I feel that it may cause some initial confusion, even with the illustration. I would not want to wear a shirt where the largest word was die, especially if it wasn't talking about death.

I coompletely agree with this. As a gamer nerd, I wouldn't have to actually see multiple dice on the shirt to understand that the wearer has, and uses, multiple dice.

"I live vicariously through my dice! Here is a picture of one of them!" It's cute. I vote, go with it.

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
nathanwpyle wrote:UPdated - still open to titles - thanks, all!

I love this soooo much! But something about that antenna on the bottom left bee is bugging me. Maybe just because all the other bees seem to have antennae that point in opposite directions, and the ones on that bottom left guy are pointing in the same direction. I will vote for it either way, but it's one of those "can't unsee" things for me. I just keep staring at it.

jayne5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayne5
wirdou wrote:Well...this is a really fast and rough sketch.... I don't know if I will be able to finish this...as it's my girlfriend's birthday... Basically is a bacteria, a virus and a protozoa playing the game RISK, to rule the world their own infective way hahaha. Lately I've been playing "Pandemic", a great board game, and I wanted to do something related to that (if you haven't played yet YOU SHOULD!), though in the game you fight against these little infective agents It would be great if you say if the design is easy to understand, cause I'm worried that it might be a bit difficult to..

Love it, but then I am a microbiologist.

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
jasneko wrote:Thanks again for the suggestions everyone.

This one is my favorite! I get the sheep for wheat thing, but the "something other than sheep" one makes me laugh out loud.

Edit: Ok, I quoted the wrong one, but you get my point. I like the "something other than sheep" one the best.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
eeschultz wrote:I coompletely agree with this. As a gamer nerd, I wouldn't have to actually see multiple dice on the shirt to understand that the wearer has, and uses, multiple dice.

"I live vicariously through my dice! Here is a picture of one of them!" It's cute. I vote, go with it.

I feel the same way being a gamer nerd myself but for all the other technical wizards out there I think this version should resolve the issue.

sesekriri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sesekriri
lyonscc wrote:Realize that the "wood for sheep" joke is a sexual riff that the mods will likely reject, since I doubt Woot wants to sell a shirt with a sheep-sex joke on it...

I would leave the text off myself.