jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
neuropsychosocial wrote:he deserves another round of cheers for inventing and maintaining NarfNumbers - so let's hear it for Narf! Who's with me?

Three Narfs for cheer!

I mean, three cheers for Narf!

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
neuropsychosocial wrote:We still thank Narf occasionally for the numbers and we still appreciate them, but I think we may have underestimated the time, the creativity, and the skill that went into Narf's system. IMHO, he deserves another round of cheers for inventing and maintaining NarfNumbers - so let's hear it for Narf! Who's with me?

A standing ovation of one from me. I look forward the numbers and review them thoroughly for predictions of the reckoning outcome.

thebowlingjew

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thebowlingjew
neuropsychosocial wrote:IMHO, he deserves another round of cheers for inventing and maintaining NarfNumbers - so let's hear it for Narf! Who's with me?

Agreed. Thank you!

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
neuropsychosocial wrote:Quoted for truth and alliteration.

Narfcake gave me a more detailed tour into his methods. I can't describe how impressed I am. Mind you, a large portion of what I do is research methods, so I have plenty of comparison.

What Narf posts is only the tip of the iceberg: his algorithm is efficient, reproducible, and generating valid data. Each step of the process to gather, analyze, and generate results to post is designed to maximize efficiency and reduce the potential for error. He mentioned earlier today that he thought it would be difficult to train someone else to use it. I respectfully disagree: because Narf has done such an impeccable job designing his system, it can be understood/used by an outsider; combined with reliability and validity, reproducibility is the ultimate goal for a protocol and often the most difficult of the three to obtain. It takes a lot to stun me into speechlessness at this point, but Narf's system is sheer genius.

We still thank Narf occasionally for the numbers and we still appreciate them, but I think we may have underestimated the time, the creativity, and the skill that went into Narf's system. IMHO, he deserves another round of cheers for inventing and maintaining NarfNumbers - so let's hear it for Narf! Who's with me?

Hear, hear!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
neuropsychosocial wrote:
We still thank Narf occasionally for the numbers and we still appreciate them, but I think we may have underestimated the time, the creativity, and the skill that went into Narf's system. IMHO, he deserves another round of cheers for inventing and maintaining NarfNumbers - so let's hear it for Narf! Who's with me?

In for five!

(Three, sir!)

Three!

Thanks for your diligence, Narf, even after your enthusiasm for Woot has waned.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike
citizencoyote wrote: Thanks for your diligence, Narf, even after your enthusiasm for Woot has waned.

This. If it had been me, as soon as things went south (literally) I would have flipped the table and told them they were on their own.

Three cheers, indeed!

Yeah, so there's that...

WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Friday's here, so take a minute to visit the Reckoning page and check out how your favorite shirts are faring. While everyone else is enjoying the day off, these shirts will be sweating it out in mortal combat for their very lives. Buy one, and you could save its cottony skin. Don't buy one, and you have only yourself to blame if it disappears come Monday.

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko
neuropsychosocial wrote:he deserves another round of cheers for inventing and maintaining NarfNumbers - so let's hear it for Narf! Who's with me?

Hooray for Narf!

I lurk (mostly) in here to watch his numbers.

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2
neuropsychosocial wrote:Quoted for truth and alliteration.

Narfcake gave me a more detailed tour into his methods....(snip).

What Narf posts is only the tip of the iceberg: his algorithm is efficient, reproducible, and generating valid data. Each step of the process to gather, analyze, and generate results to post is designed to maximize efficiency and reduce the potential for error. ..(snip)..It takes a lot to stun me into speechlessness at this point, but Narf's system is sheer genius.

I'm in!
Huzzah! WootWootWoot!! for Narf & Narfnumbers!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

(Wee paws to note that Family Breakfast moved this afternoon from AA to Anvil in men's sizes only. Sales were 15088 when I noticed. Please return to your regularly scheduled Narfcake-cheer thread!)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

jezebelseven

neuropsychosocial wrote:
I'm wondering if "Trivial Matters" will print this weekend and woot pulled the remaining blanks from "Formula for Success" to use in the initial printing of "Trivial Matters." Sales of "Formula for Success" remain quite high and I'm guessing that any "core" shirt-wooter who cares about buying it on AA has already done so. Kevlar/walmazan collabs have always sold well in women's sizes, so it would be logical to reserve the remaining royal blue AA blanks for an initial run of "Trivial Matters."

Doesn't look like it. All Anvil. Shame.

neuropsychosocial

jezebelseven wrote:Doesn't look like it. All Anvil. Shame.

I was so excited to see it pop up on twitter that I ordered without checking: how incredibly stupid. I emailed to cancel my order, but I'm listed as "First Wooter" and I'm embarrassed by that. Argh.

I was really hoping that my prediction about pulling royal blue blanks was accurate: it would have made so much sense on woot's part. I bet they would have lost zero sales of "Formula" if it had moved to Anvil earlier this week, but they've probably lost hundreds of sales of "Trivial Matters."

Narfcake

quality posts: 280 Private Messages Narfcake
citizencoyote wrote:
Thanks for your diligence, Narf, even after your enthusiasm for Woot has waned.

You mean like this is the second night in a row in which I would've bought... but won't?

Thanks, everyone. Indeed, it's all of your kindness that keeps me at this... if I were home right now. Which I'm not. And there's no way I can pull off the numbers on my tablet.

But I will when I get home... to do the same thing I do (almost) every night...

Narfcake

Using the numbers that NPS grabbed an hour ago ... thanks again!

Legend: Current rank (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - (Additional sales) and total quantity as of this posting. Refer to the beginning of this reckoning for the baseline sales numbers. DSR are for informational purposes only and not 100% accurate.
1 (1) The Formula For Success - (+223) to 9742. Approx. 68.44 real time DSR; 62.32 Woot-based DSR
2 (2) Leonardo - (+124) to 6481. Approx. 28.51 real time DSR; 25.96 Woot-based DSR
3 (3) Only Memories - (+89) to 3040. Approx. 34.43 real time DSR; 30.77 Woot-based DSR
4 (12) The Race - (+99) to 903. Approx. 39.36 real time DSR; 27.76 Woot-based DSR
5 (7) Celestial Playground - (+83) to 3186. Approx. 36.73 real time DSR; 27.05 Woot-based DSR
6 (4) The Tyger - (+69) to 5095. Approx. 27.26 real time DSR; 24.82 Woot-based DSR
7 (21) Dragon Nebula - (+96) to 1533. Approx. 37.03 real time DSR; 24.67 Woot-based DSR
8 (5) Casual Friday - (+71) to 5943. Approx. 27.1 real time DSR; 24.68 Woot-based DSR
9 (6) Shhhhhhh - (+103) to 12247. Approx. 24.4 real time DSR; 22.21 Woot-based DSR
10 (9) Yggdrasil Tree - (+73) to 2110. Approx. 26.93 real time DSR; 22.58 Woot-based DSR
11 (10) The Binge - (+96) to 58056. Approx. 23.77 real time DSR; 21.64 Woot-based DSR
12 (8) Artichokey - (+59) to 3702. Approx. 22.2 real time DSR; 20.21 Woot-based DSR
13 (11) Spelling Bee - (+60) to 3020. Approx. 21.45 real time DSR; 18.83 Woot-based DSR
14 (14) Lucky Pig - (+86) to 3896. Approx. 20.59 real time DSR; 18.75 Woot-based DSR
15 (13) Nevermore - (+70) to 48279. Approx. 20.39 real time DSR; 18.57 Woot-based DSR
16 (16) Family Breakfast - (+87) to 15065. Approx. 19.85 real time DSR; 18.07 Woot-based DSR
17 (15) Hungry Hungry Games - (+68) to 5669. Approx. 19.65 real time DSR; 17.89 Woot-based DSR
18 (19) 1971-Floppy Diskette - (+83) to 9076. Approx. 17.88 real time DSR; 16.29 Woot-based DSR
19 (18) Cat Nouveau - (+37) to 2028. Approx. 17.93 real time DSR; 15.21 Woot-based DSR
20 (17) Lucky at last - (+56) to 9175. Approx. 16.83 real time DSR; 15.32 Woot-based DSR
21 (20) The Little Things - (+49) to 2045. Approx. 15.88 real time DSR; 14.38 Woot-based DSR
22 (22) Save the Trees - (+47) to 1570. Approx. 15.75 real time DSR; 14 Woot-based DSR
23 (23) Mort-vivant - (+38) to 1234. Approx. 16 real time DSR; 13.24 Woot-based DSR
24 (24) Bring Back Pluto - (+31) to 1895. Approx. 14.64 real time DSR; 11.93 Woot-based DSR
25 (25) A Warrior’s Drink - (+44) to 935. Approx. 12.2 real time DSR; 9.76 Woot-based DSR
26 (26) Shadowplay - (+37) to 743. Approx. 11.89 real time DSR; 9.3 Woot-based DSR
27 (27) 120 Stars - (+19) to 977. Approx. 9.13 real time DSR; 6.95 Woot-based DSR
91 (91) Top Chief - (+55) to 753. Approx. 13.76 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
92 (92) Be What You Want - (+131) to 1664. Approx. 43.72 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
93 (93) Relative Dimensions - (+223) to 4479. Approx. 111.69 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
94 (94) Maybe She Won’t Notice - (+12) to 357. Approx. 12.04 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
95 (95) Not a Snowball’s Chance… - 1846.

anastasiaing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anastasiaing

thank you for this worthwhile information I must post a link on my blog so my associates can benefit from it also.

jezebelseven

neuropsychosocial wrote:I was so excited to see it pop up on twitter that I ordered without checking: how incredibly stupid. I emailed to cancel my order, but I'm listed as "First Wooter" and I'm embarrassed by that.

I nearly did the exact same thing. I was barely awake but hoping to maybe get my first "first wooter", and then realized I didn't have my security number nearby when the new day hit. Walked out to get it knowing I was too late, and then just before ordering I was like "Well, I guess I should double check just in case...".

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
wanderbug2 wrote:I still think the write-up contributed: "Once upon a time there was a house that nobody wanted." Um.......

Oh, btw, I loved your new reckoning story!

Really? The write-up made me feel very guilty, to the point that I almost bought the shirt out of guilt for the poor little house. The only thing that prevented me was the fact that I had bought too many shirts already that month, and was getting to the point in my pay period where I start really watching what I buy until payday. That and the fact that I couldn't get over feeling that the house looked more like a tea kettle to me for some reason, and - most of all - weather in these parts were already taking a turn for the warm. The release of this shirt was just poorly timed; had it debuted in November, before the holidays, I bet it would have sold way more.

Once I saw the numbers, I felt even worse for that unwanted house/shirt. I console myself that it will probably wind up in my next batch of randoms (speaking of which, what the deal, woot?), but I really feel sorry for that little shirt.

Yes, I attach guilt and sympathy to inanimate objects like t-The Force and sad little houses printed on them. I have a lot of feelings.

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
Narfcake wrote:You mean like this is the second night in a row in which I would've bought... but won't?

Thanks, everyone. Indeed, it's all of your kindness that keeps me at this... if I were home right now. Which I'm not. And there's no way I can pull off the numbers on my tablet.

But I will when I get home... to do the same thing I do (almost) every night...

I feel like I am the only one who actually likes the new Anvil shirts. Do I wish I could still 'buy American'? Yes. Well, sort of... Maybe if it was a different American company. Personally, I think Dov Charney is a scumbag, and actually felt a little guilty for my t-shirt addiction because other than buying here I make sure never to give him my money. For those who consider the 'American Made' thing to be such an issue, it might also help to consider that Dov has said in different publications that AA is a 'Canadian company.'

Personally, the women's Anvil shirts fit me way better than the AA ones did, but I do feel for those who can't find their correct fit anymore. Even if the new fem shirts didn't fit me better, I could still wear a MM comfortably enough.

I am just tired of the confusion, since I have twice accidentally bought shirts printed on AA in the women's size L (which fits, but much snugger/shorter than I like) not realizing those shirts were still printing on AA. Again. Come time for randoms (Pssst! Step on it, woot! That is the time of the month where I buy shirts for my rather large, specially-abled brother who doesn't care what it looks like, just that it fits and came from his sister!), I am not sure what I will get if I select 3 WL.

Whine whine whine, I know. I will shaddup now.

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2
margiecakes wrote: Really? The write-up made me feel very guilty, to the point that I almost bought the shirt out of guilt for the poor little house. ...

That and the fact that I couldn't get over feeling that the house looked more like a tea kettle to me for some reason,

Yes, it does, I think there's a kid toy teapot that's pretty similar!

The release of this shirt was just poorly timed; had it debuted in November, before the holidays, I bet it would have sold way more.

I've thought their timing seemed off on a number of things-too late for the season they're aiming for.

Once I saw the numbers, I felt even worse for that unwanted house/shirt. I console myself that it will probably wind up in my next batch of randoms (speaking of which, what the deal, woot?), but I really feel sorry for that little shirt.

I felt quite sorry for it, too, but that write-up seemed so sad that I couldn't get past it. I think that writer is one of those that can't adjust to dark wet Seattle winters. One thing that kind of bugged me is that it's "eyes" were above the windows. I've decided to ignore that, thought.
I was delighted to get one in the last random. (Anxiously awaiting the next round, hoping for AA shirts.)

Yes, I attach guilt and sympathy to inanimate objects like t-shirts and sad little houses printed on them. I have a lot of feelings.

I anthropomorphize lots of things, too. Can't seem to help it.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I think "house" suffered from the flaw of "too much pink" coupled with baby blue as the T color. It's a death sentence.

move along

Narfcake

j5 wrote:I think "house" suffered from the flaw of "too much pink" coupled with baby blue as the T color. It's a death sentence.

There were server issues that particular day too, which really didn't help either. I've documented that there's a definite loss of sales when folks were faced with a sold-out sign ... faced with an inaccessible site, it was probably likewise too.

Narfcake

Legend: Current rank (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - (Additional sales) and total quantity as of this posting. Refer to the beginning of this reckoning for the baseline sales numbers. DSR are for informational purposes only and not 100% accurate.
1 (1) The Formula For Success - (+274) to 9793. Approx. 67.8 real time DSR; 64.14 Woot-based DSR
2 (2) Leonardo - (+151) to 6508. Approx. 28.46 real time DSR; 26.93 Woot-based DSR
3 (3) Only Memories - (+102) to 3053. Approx. 33.47 real time DSR; 31.32 Woot-based DSR
4 (12) The Race - (+109) to 913. Approx. 35.19 real time DSR; 28.94 Woot-based DSR
5 (7) Celestial Playground - (+92) to 3195. Approx. 33.29 real time DSR; 28 Woot-based DSR
6 (21) Dragon Nebula - (+112) to 1549. Approx. 33.55 real time DSR; 26.8 Woot-based DSR
7 (5) Casual Friday - (+91) to 5963. Approx. 26.84 real time DSR; 25.39 Woot-based DSR
8 (4) The Tyger - (+77) to 5103. Approx. 26.54 real time DSR; 25.11 Woot-based DSR
9 (9) Yggdrasil Tree - (+84) to 2121. Approx. 25.8 real time DSR; 23.29 Woot-based DSR
10 (6) Shhhhhhh - (+112) to 12256. Approx. 23.82 real time DSR; 22.54 Woot-based DSR
11 (10) The Binge - (+118) to 58078. Approx. 23.71 real time DSR; 22.43 Woot-based DSR
12 (8) Artichokey - (+73) to 3716. Approx. 21.89 real time DSR; 20.71 Woot-based DSR
13 (11) Spelling Bee - (+79) to 3039. Approx. 21.33 real time DSR; 19.76 Woot-based DSR
14 (14) Lucky Pig - (+95) to 3905. Approx. 20.16 real time DSR; 19.07 Woot-based DSR
15 (13) Nevermore - (+82) to 48291. Approx. 20.08 real time DSR; 19 Woot-based DSR
16 (16) Family Breakfast - (+97) to 15075. Approx. 19.48 real time DSR; 18.43 Woot-based DSR
17 (15) Hungry Hungry Games - (+80) to 5681. Approx. 19.37 real time DSR; 18.32 Woot-based DSR
18 (19) 1971-Floppy Diskette - (+98) to 9091. Approx. 17.78 real time DSR; 16.82 Woot-based DSR
19 (18) Cat Nouveau - (+41) to 2032. Approx. 17.01 real time DSR; 15.45 Woot-based DSR
20 (17) Lucky at last - (+59) to 9178. Approx. 16.31 real time DSR; 15.43 Woot-based DSR
21 (20) The Little Things - (+58) to 2054. Approx. 15.61 real time DSR; 14.72 Woot-based DSR
22 (22) Save the Trees - (+56) to 1579. Approx. 15.44 real time DSR; 14.4 Woot-based DSR
23 (23) Mort-vivant - (+50) to 1246. Approx. 15.7 real time DSR; 14.07 Woot-based DSR
24 (24) Bring Back Pluto - (+36) to 1900. Approx. 13.84 real time DSR; 12.3 Woot-based DSR
25 (25) A Warrior’s Drink - (+55) to 946. Approx. 12.1 real time DSR; 10.64 Woot-based DSR
26 (26) Shadowplay - (+45) to 751. Approx. 11.51 real time DSR; 10 Woot-based DSR
27 (27) 120 Stars - (+23) to 981. Approx. 8.56 real time DSR; 7.33 Woot-based DSR
91 (91) Top Chief - (+56) to 754. Approx. 11.22 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
92 (92) Be What You Want - (+147) to 1680. Approx. 36.84 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
93 (93) Relative Dimensions - (+257) to 4513. Approx. 85.94 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
94 (94) Maybe She Won’t Notice - (+16) to 361. Approx. 8.04 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
95 (95) Not a Snowball’s Chance… - (+47) to 1893. Approx. 47.46 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
96 (96) Trivial Matters - 850.

Rhonwyn22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Rhonwyn22

I love British humor and many British shows but Dr. Who leaves me with a big yawn. Not understanding the popularity of this show. Red Dwarf, now that was funny. Sherlock is full of awesomness. Dr. Who, not so much.

neuropsychosocial

All three of last week's Derby shirts are in the top 6. Off the top of my head, I can't recall that happening before - especially with the four Dailys solidly occupying spots 24-27! Great to see them doing well, and to see so many post-first-day sales for Boots' not-a-unicorn and ApeLad's not-a-telephone-booth shirts.

Narfcake

I was about to do the numbers ... but this week's side sale ... is like fingernails-on-chalkboard to my ears.

G'night!

loridi

Not much action around the area where the action rally matters. Looks like a boring Monday on the rconing front right now.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike
loridi wrote:Not much action around the area where the action rally matters. Looks like a boring Monday on the rconing front right now.

I dunno, Lucky just fell into the danger zone. We may have a fight for survival yet.

Yeah, so there's that...

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
rockymike wrote:I dunno, Lucky just fell into the danger zone. We may have a fight for survival yet.

Mort Vivant clearly has experience in that regard...

Narfcake

A little less than 90 minutes left ...

1 (1) The Formula For Success - (+334) to 9853. Approx. 66.46 real time DSR; 66.29 Woot-based DSR
2 (2) Leonardo - (+190) to 6547. Approx. 28.4 real time DSR; 28.32 Woot-based DSR
3 (3) Only Memories - (+133) to 3084. Approx. 32.74 real time DSR; 32.64 Woot-based DSR
4 (12) The Race - (+126) to 930. Approx. 31.21 real time DSR; 30.94 Woot-based DSR
5 (21) Dragon Nebula - (+139) to 1576. Approx. 30.7 real time DSR; 30.4 Woot-based DSR
6 (7) Celestial Playground - (+108) to 3211. Approx. 29.91 real time DSR; 29.68 Woot-based DSR
7 (5) Casual Friday - (+122) to 5994. Approx. 26.57 real time DSR; 26.5 Woot-based DSR
8 (4) The Tyger - (+95) to 5121. Approx. 25.82 real time DSR; 25.75 Woot-based DSR
9 (9) Yggdrasil Tree - (+97) to 2134. Approx. 24.24 real time DSR; 24.13 Woot-based DSR
10 (6) Shhhhhhh - (+138) to 12282. Approx. 23.53 real time DSR; 23.46 Woot-based DSR
11 (10) The Binge - (+137) to 58097. Approx. 23.17 real time DSR; 23.11 Woot-based DSR
12 (8) Artichokey - (+90) to 3733. Approx. 21.38 real time DSR; 21.32 Woot-based DSR
13 (11) Spelling Bee - (+98) to 3058. Approx. 20.76 real time DSR; 20.68 Woot-based DSR
14 (13) Nevermore - (+100) to 48309. Approx. 19.69 real time DSR; 19.64 Woot-based DSR
15 (14) Lucky Pig - (+107) to 3917. Approx. 19.55 real time DSR; 19.5 Woot-based DSR
16 (16) Family Breakfast - (+122) to 15100. Approx. 19.37 real time DSR; 19.32 Woot-based DSR
17 (15) Hungry Hungry Games - (+91) to 5692. Approx. 18.76 real time DSR; 18.71 Woot-based DSR
18 (19) 1971-Floppy Diskette - (+120) to 9113. Approx. 17.65 real time DSR; 17.61 Woot-based DSR
19 (18) Cat Nouveau - (+49) to 2040. Approx. 16.01 real time DSR; 15.94 Woot-based DSR
20 (23) Mort-vivant - (+76) to 1272. Approx. 15.94 real time DSR; 15.86 Woot-based DSR
21 (17) Lucky at last - (+73) to 9192. Approx. 15.97 real time DSR; 15.93 Woot-based DSR
22 (20) The Little Things - (+83) to 2079. Approx. 15.7 real time DSR; 15.66 Woot-based DSR
23 (22) Save the Trees - (+66) to 1589. Approx. 14.89 real time DSR; 14.84 Woot-based DSR
24 (24) Bring Back Pluto - (+53) to 1917. Approx. 13.63 real time DSR; 13.56 Woot-based DSR
25 (25) A Warrior’s Drink - (+66) to 957. Approx. 11.59 real time DSR; 11.52 Woot-based DSR
26 (26) Shadowplay - (+59) to 765. Approx. 11.29 real time DSR; 11.22 Woot-based DSR
27 (27) 120 Stars - (+30) to 988. Approx. 8.06 real time DSR; 8 Woot-based DSR
91 (91) Top Chief - (+57) to 755. Approx. 8.87 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
92 (92) Be What You Want - (+174) to 1707. Approx. 32.06 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
93 (93) Relative Dimensions - (+320) to 4576. Approx. 72.28 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
94 (94) Maybe She Won’t Notice - (+23) to 368. Approx. 6.71 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
95 (95) Not a Snowball’s Chance… - (+76) to 1922. Approx. 31.31 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
96 (96) Trivial Matters - (+53) to 903. Approx. 37.14 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
97 (97) Death - (+10) to 872. Approx. 23.41 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR

I may or may not grab the closing numbers ... I'm still sort of disgusted at the moment.

loridi

rockymike wrote:I dunno, Lucky just fell into the danger zone. We may have a fight for survival yet.

Mort does seem to have found some momentum since this morning. Does Lucky have it in it to claw back up? Or will all the art neuveau get to stay another week in the charts?

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
loridi wrote:Mort does seem to have found some momentum since this morning. Does Lucky have it in it to claw back up? Or will all the art neuveau get to stay another week in the charts?

Mort's got a slight advanage because it's not to a full 28 days yet, but the cat hasn't see the wrong side of the line 9 times yet. 50 minutes of fun left.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

dilettante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dilettante

Alas, three more shirts pass into the ether that would have found way into my closet.

Clever designs on ill-fitting t-shirts is still not a good combination. Please bring in shirts that fit!

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar

Here's what I've got for noon totals, in case anyone still cares:

1 The Formula For Success 9856
2 Leonardo 6551
3 Only Memories 3085
4 The Race 930
5 Dragon Nebula 1577
6 Celestial Playground 3211
7 Casual Friday 5995
8 The Tyger 5122
9 Shhhhhhh 12283
10 Yggdrasil Tree 2136
11 The Binge 58099
12 Artichokey 3735
13 Spelling Bee 3061
14 Nevermore 48310
15 Lucky Pig 3919
16 Family Breakfast 15103
17 Hungry Hungry Games 5693
18 1971-Floppy Diskette 9118
19 Cat Nouveau 2044
20 Mort-Vivant 1274
21 Lucky at Last 9195
22 The Little Things 2081
23 Save the Trees 1590
24 Bring Back Pluto 1918
25 A Warrior's Drink 961
26 Shadowplay 765
27 120 Stars 990

Top Chief 755
Be What You Want 1708
Relative Dimensions 4578
Maybe She Won't Notice 368
Not a Snowball's Chance 1928
Trivial Matters 904
Death 876

It appears that the cat missed surviving by just a couple of sales.

bounty42

escapecar wrote:Here's what I've got for noon totals, in case anyone still cares:
2 Leonardo 6551
3 Only Memories 3085
10 Yggdrasil Tree 2136

I still care, and I thank you sir, as I missed the time slightly. You've got a few numbers that are closer than mine, but these three we need to flag:

Leonardo has a sale at 12:01 by soonergfx
Only Memories has a sale at 12:03 by donlang
Mort-vivant has a sale at 12:04 by minutia

So these three shirts are 1-3 lower than the listed number.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Hey, you. Yeah, you. Mr. Procrastinator. Yesterday was Mothers' Day. So, you probably should go make a call right about now. But hey, before you go, check out the Reckoning! Seven shirts just went into the crucible and at midnight tonight, will cease to be! Take a good long look and buy your fave because today's your last chance for:

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar
bounty42 wrote:I still care, and I thank you sir, as I missed the time slightly. You've got a few numbers that are closer than mine, but these three we need to flag:

Leonardo has a sale at 12:01 by soonergfx
Only Memories has a sale at 12:03 by donlang
Mort-vivant has a sale at 12:04 by minutia

So these three shirts are 1-3 lower than the listed number.

Mort-Vivant was the second number I grabbed, immediately after the Reckoning went final, so I'm comfortable with the 1274.

It took me about five minutes to get to the top sellers, so Leonardo and Only Memories are, no doubt, inflated by a sale or two. Such is life in the world of manual data collection....

loridi

I do like the outcome of today's reckoning, though there is one other shirt I'd like to see out - one where I know why it anoys me.

bounty42

escapecar wrote:Mort-Vivant was the second number I grabbed, immediately after the Reckoning went final, so I'm comfortable with the 1274.

It took me about five minutes to get to the top sellers, so Leonardo and Only Memories are, no doubt, inflated by a sale or two. Such is life in the world of manual data collection....

Yeah, but I also got 1274, with a last sale of 12:04, which means that the 1274 includes that sale. If that was a 3 shirt purchase, and our deadly lady rides the line for the rest of the month, that could matter.

Would love to know if Narf has something in place to account for this?

EDIT: after a glance at the numbers, I don't think it's going to matter, because she's not likely to survive next week.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

I pulled the numbers by 12:08 central time. I have added my numbers to your numbers. I have noted the last sale time if it was after 12:00:00.)

escapecar wrote:Here's what I've got for noon totals, in case anyone still cares:

1 The Formula For Success 9856 - 9856
2 Leonardo 6551 - 6551 12:01:37pm
3 Only Memories 3085 - 3085 12:03:01pm
4 The Race 930 - 930
5 Dragon Nebula 1577 - 1577
6 Celestial Playground 3211 - 3211
7 Casual Friday 5995 - 5995
8 The Tyger 5122 - 5122
9 Shhhhhhh 12283 -12283
10 Yggdrasil Tree 2136 - 2136 12:01:52pm
11 The Binge 58099 - 58100 12:06:02pm
12 Artichokey 3735 - 3735
13 Spelling Bee 3061 - 3061
14 Nevermore 48310 - 48310
15 Lucky Pig 3919 - 3919
16 Family Breakfast 15103 - 15103
17 Hungry Hungry Games 5693 - 5693
18 1971-Floppy Diskette 9118 - 9118
19 Cat Nouveau 2044 - 2044
20 Mort-Vivant 1274 - 1275 12:04:59pm
21 Lucky at Last 9195 - 9195
22 The Little Things 2081 - 2082 12:05:35pm
23 Save the Trees 1590 - 1590
24 Bring Back Pluto 1918 - 1919 12:07:31pm
25 A Warrior's Drink 961 - 961
26 Shadowplay 765 - 765
27 120 Stars 990 - 990

Top Chief 755 - 755
Be What You Want 1708 - 1708
Relative Dimensions 4578 - 4578
Maybe She Won't Notice 368 - 368
Not a Snowball's Chance 1928 - 1928
Trivial Matters 904 - 904
Death 876 - 876

The cat missed surviving by 0:00:01. A sale was recorded at 12:00:01pm that increased the count of cat to 9198.

Only (three - edit) four of your numbers include post-noon sales. And (none - edit) only one of them were in play. Not bad!

bounty42

Narfcake wrote:
Legend: Current rank (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - (Additional sales) and total quantity as of this posting.
1 (1) The Formula For Success - (+334) to 9853. Approx. 66.46 real time DSR; 66.29 Woot-based DSR
2 (2) Leonardo - (+190) to 6547. Approx. 28.4 real time DSR; 28.32 Woot-based DSR
3 (3) Only Memories - (+133) to 3084. Approx. 32.74 real time DSR; 32.64 Woot-based DSR

Any guesses as to why the numbers for Leo are so off?