wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

so great!!! love it!:D

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

so great Omar! Love geeky designs!!:D

enaych

quality posts: 4 Private Messages enaych

My first derby entry....first time I felt I had a worthwhile idea. Shucks...the faces on the dots don't show up very well. The black and white ones are looking disturbed at the newcomer which has a peaceful expression. Don't know if I'll have time to re-do it. Thanks for looking.

Might as well have a signature now since I have something to put into it.

colinlepper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colinlepper
theLordsarmy wrote:Absolutely love this, but how many colors is it?

I forgot to add the swatches, but it's 6 total. You can see in the thumbnail halftones are used =)

orabbit wrote:I guess it's a good thing your HP/GOB shirt got rejected. This one is great! Sometimes simple is best.

Haha guess your right, there's always a silver lining eh?

Thanks everyone =D

spkidwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spkidwell
Re: Standing out in a crowd (or fun with a porpoise)!

A herd or school of porpoises is also called a crowd of porpoises...

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
phineus wrote:Laughing so hard my shoe fell off and immediately detonated my timebomb?

OOOOHHhhh... so that's what it stands for. ;)

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Spies in paradise

Top Notch!

airframeas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airframeas
erimock wrote:
Speaking of wasting time, this entire competition is a huge waste of time.

This statement alone would really royally tick off the rejectors on this site. The statement seems "unsportsmanlike conduct" coming from you.

One question for you: If you think it is a waste of time, then why are you submitting designs at Woot? And two, why submit a shirt that is off topic and also going against the rules. The rules clearly stated, as others have said, that there are "No text only designs". Sometimes, I wished people would read the rules of the derby BEFORE submitting anything..... But that is just me.

kmmkmc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmmkmc
Re: Clown Cleanup

Disturbing but fitting. So it definitely gets my vote

hastor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hastor
Re: Player 3 Press Start

I don't see the meaning being very clear without knowing the name of the derby. Without knowing that, it looks like it is complaining about games not supporting more than 2 players. Kind of a jab at older games for not being an MMO game. Sort of "Aren't you glad we've moved past THIS crap!". I know that isn't the intention, but without the topic, that becomes a bit muddied.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Divine and hilarious! +1

DrPepperSpray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrPepperSpray
omarfeliciano wrote:lol

Funny you said that. I was struggling with the text, and kept drifting to "LOL".. but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

misterpeach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages misterpeach
Re: The Tag - A - Long

Love the Godzilla/Bowser on the screen

midnitez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midnitez

Very nice!

Is the art style inspired by Adventure Time?

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Three's a Crowd

Thanks everyone!

miksoplik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miksoplik
nyxnox wrote:Binary numbers can be vicious.

this needs to be more computer driven, maybe thumbdrives or floppy disks. it made me think of cannabalism

The end of the world is near, spend all your money now!

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Ensign Ricky Mouse

...sorry Ricky...

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

enaych

Re: UPSETTING THE BALANCE (RESUB)

Hmmm, I impoved the faces. How do I get the detail to show up when clicking the design on the main page rather than the whole shirt?

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
midnitez wrote:Very nice!

Is the art style inspired by Adventure Time?

Haha I thought the same thing! I was like hey it's the Ice King spying on nekked people! LOL, awesome work

treehug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treehug
enaych wrote:Hmmm, I impoved the faces. How do I get the detail to show up when clicking the design on the main page rather than the whole shirt?

Make your design as large as possible, then have a small t-shirt with the design on it somewhere that it doesn't block your design. Look at other entries for ideas, especially the top vote-getters.

treehug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treehug
Re: Ensign Ricky Mouse

I love the pattern on the snake!

caiterz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caiterz
Re: Human Centipede Crossing

Interesting idea, but if the crosswalk was a different color, I think it would be better. It kind of.. blends in as how it is right now.

If human centipede wasnt in the title, i might not have gotten it :/

turtlesallthewaydown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages turtlesallthewaydown

Sold! I'm in for three!

Re: Chopsticks

She Walks Into Walls
Ouch.

thechivaler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thechivaler
inspektordogge wrote:I'd really appreciate some constructive criticism on this - I think I'm starting to get better at illustrating, but what can I improve on?

My wife (an illustrator and a Zelda fan) says you could work on your story telling. Navi is always shouting "HEY" so you could add that in, making it clear that Navi is interrupting them. It's also a little unclear what Zelda is thinking. Is she blushing because Navi just showed up, or because Link presented her with flowers?

enaych

treehug wrote:Make your design as large as possible, then have a small t-shirt with the design on it somewhere that it doesn't block your design. Look at other entries for ideas, especially the top vote-getters.

Thanks, treehug.

I guess I'm confused because the submission form required uploading 2 images, one of just the design, and another on a t-shirt, for which I used the downloaded form. I was unaware that I could submit the t-shirt picture in any form other than the one provided and was wondering what magic made everyone else's appear differently.

So you configure the t-shirt picture any way you want, just so long as you show it on the shirt?

abugge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abugge

I think it's hysterical. I'd vote for it if I could.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Is this an Adventure Time reference? Because those characters look pretty close to Adventure Time...

tangolite132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangolite132
lete wrote:A little far fetched. We all know Luigi's got the hots for Princess Daisy.

That's what they want you to think.

"Riddle me this, riddle me that: who's afraid of the big black bat?"

bpenning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bpenning

I have a PhD in particle physics and I have trouble. I do get it but there are factual mistakes. What I think you mean are stable color connections as in baryon vs. mesons. Unfortunately you show three particles of the same color, each accompanied by two smaller ones which I assume are electrons. This combination makes no sense. Either you speak of atoms, then there is no 'rule of three' or you refer to hadrons which are "colorless". There are two (known) ways to achieve this: three quarks of different colors, or a quark of one color and an antiquark carrying the corresponding anticolor.
I guess this is what you mean and it could be an awesome shirt. But there are some detailes to be ironed out.

caiterz wrote:My 2nd shirt design :D

It's nerdy, so maybe noone will get it xD

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge
thechivaler wrote:My wife (an illustrator and a Zelda fan) says you could work on your story telling. Navi is always shouting "HEY" so you could add that in, making it clear that Navi is interrupting them. It's also a little unclear what Zelda is thinking. Is she blushing because Navi just showed up, or because Link presented her with flowers?

Thanks for the help! I do think I should work on my ability to illustrate a scene using only one frame... That's definitely one of my weak points. My intentions for Zelda's expression were actually just about what you said, not one or the other in specific. She's both flattered by and sorry for Link, who can't seem to escape Navi's constant advice I hope that came across, more or less!
I also considered writing out "HEY!" But I decided to just use exclamation lines because I felt one word would be out of place when the rest is graphic.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Secret love

My son and I beat Mario Bros Wii as Luigi (the preferred brother in my dojo) and the question arose as to why Mario still gets the girl in the end even when his brother does all the work. Ultimately the answer was "life just isn't fair sometimes". It's nice to see Luigi get some love for once, even if it's on the side.

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri
abugge wrote:I think it's hysterical. I'd vote for it if I could.

They tend to reject PG-13 shirts. I have seen similar stick figure shirt designs get rejected for farting.

And as someone pointed out with the Game of Chairs shirt, the theme of this shirt doesn't really exemplify "three's a crowd".

LeakyFrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LeakyFrog

First t-shirt design ever! Woot!

Any comments are welcome because I really want to get better.

Thanks for looking!

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri
leafredleaf wrote:Still trying to figure out how this is on topic. Are two of them going to share the throne? Right now it feels like king of the hill and not three's a crowd. I guess it has three people so it'll probably be okay.

I like the design, but I agree. Not really a "Three's A Crowd" scenario since only one can sit on the chair.