kmielcarek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmielcarek

Love this!! I would totally buy one!!!

adanabbett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adanabbett
Re: Guns, Roses 'n' A Puppy

I love this shirt, just not sure how it fits with the "three's a crowd" theme. Voted for it anyway because I'd buy it.

gryphoncat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gryphoncat
Re: split allegiance

...I can't get over the way the Emperor looks like Mr. Magoo. Somehow that adds an extra layer of hilarious to this shirt.

(Remembering what I do of the old Mr. Magoo cartoons, it's not inappropriate, either.)

~G'Cat

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan

Also, there were only 2 of each unclean animal. Of clean animals there were 7 each.

Baath

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Baath
Re: Secret love

A fairly frequently reproduced idea, but Luigi finally gets the love that he deserves.

(Yet everyone seems to feel that way, so is he really the underdog)

primrosewater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages primrosewater
citizencoyote wrote:Cute, but Woot won't print a shirt with any symbol resembling the Star Trek symbol for copyright reasons.

Then why haven't they rejected it yet? I like it. The Starfleet insignia is just symbolized in the design.

theglock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theglock
Re: Sometimes crowds are wanted

Best t-shirt design ever

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
erimock wrote:You are completely missing the point. What is a waste of time is all dependent on the person spending the time. Thus if, as the previous person suggested, I am wasting my time then so is everyone else here. And to a much larger degree than I. People should be allowed to make up their own minds about how to spend their time and what they consider wasting it.

Fine. If you consider it to be worthwhile to create a shirt that has no chance of winning, not only because it's all text and CLEARLY outside the boundaries of what Woot will print, so be it. But do not twist, mince, or omit words that you wrote in a vain attempt to make me look foolish. You said:

"Everyone is just doing it for fun since they have to know that the chances of 'winning' are /very/ small."

And, again, that isn't true. People come here, follow the rules, get good feedback, improve as artists, and sometimes, actually get printed. Had you posted your idea on the message board for the derby before posting it, you could have gotten feedback that might have helped you.

Also, if being off-topic and rejected is fun for you, please keep in mind that it's not fun for the other participants on this site. I enjoy looking at everyone's entries, and that becomes difficult when the derby page is littered with rejects.

And that's all the energy I'm going to expend on you and your flawed logic.

tangolite132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangolite132
Re: Better Luck Next Time, Navi.

Might've been better if I cleaned up the edges...ANYWAY,

Five colors on Cranberry.

"Riddle me this, riddle me that: who's afraid of the big black bat?"

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
Naolito wrote:Uhm... I tried to look for it but failed too mightyrain... I'ts a shame because I don't want this to be here if someone did it before, even if it's not a t-shirt.

As for the posture of the hands holding behind the character of the center, you've have probably seen it many times, it's just a way to represent they are cheating like it could be mario & peach hugging while luigi kiss peach over mario's shoulder, etc

I don't remember seeing a mario design of it, but there are tons of pictures of this on the internet (a couple w/ 1 person holding another's hand secretly)

wyliestark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wyliestark
Re: Game of Chairs

I dig this. The art style is cutsey, but it works for the gag.

kmed1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmed1

This is so adorable!

mafafu888

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mafafu888

I used to be a patriarch before I took an arrow to the guts.

kitkat7712

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kitkat7712

Love it! Reading the latest book now...and they're still fighting over that ugly chair ;)

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
curli76 wrote:Had you posted your idea on the message board for the derby before posting it, you could have gotten feedback that might have helped you.

The funny part is that he DID post it on the pre-derby thread and several people explained the multiple problems with this entry before the derby even began.

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=5001609&PageIndex=4&ReplyCount=189#post5002515

His "testing boundaries" is laughable, changing the rejected slogan to another language proves nothing. It's still all text, and it's still a sexual and religious reference.

He's just not listening and being a PITA.

bluetuba

ccazabon wrote:I don't remember seeing a mario design of it, but there are tons of pictures of this on the internet (a couple w/ 1 person holding another's hand secretly)

That's not really the same thing

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
kharmazero wrote:love your way ;-))

Thanks!! (o;

expo01

dead6161 wrote:By far my favorite!

Thanks!!

expo01

rainbowrobots wrote:I wannit.

(o;

expo01

runnerfrog13 wrote:What an interesting mix of stylized and realistic design, it works really well together. I also second what the first commenter said, this is a nice subtle take on the theme. I could see myself wearing this in alot of situations.

Thanks a lot for your comment, appreciated. (o;

erimock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erimock
yankeebird wrote:No, it's off-topic. Woot makes the theme, they decide what's on-topic, not you.

So, then why do other rejections get "Off topic" while this gets "Ah, no"? Apparently they did not consider off topic or (I hope) they would have said so.

erimock

mjc613 wrote:Anything that can be typed on a keyboard, even things that require ASCII text, like an infinity symbol, is considered text. This is based on what has been rejected in the past.

Yes the rejectionator is fairly vague. But everyone gets the same vague treatment.

I'm not complaining (actually about anything) that they are being unfair to me or singling me out for any reason. I'm just saying they should really at least give some reason for why they reject something. Having some official guidelines would also help.

erimock

bluetuba wrote:The funny part is that he DID post it on the pre-derby thread and several people explained the multiple problems with this entry before the derby even began.

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=5001609&PageIndex=4&ReplyCount=189#post5002515

His "testing boundaries" is laughable, changing the rejected slogan to another language proves nothing. It's still all text, and it's still a sexual and religious reference.

He's just not listening and being a PITA.

Please tell me where it says anything about sexual and religious references in the guidelines? Han and Leia in bed isn't a sexual reference?

Yes, 'people' did explain the problem. However, I took those as unofficial thoughts.

It's funny how you seem to think I'm upset that it got rejected. I mean, given the pre-derby feedback I figured it would. But why not submit and see?

Changing the 'language' was just to see if it was 'orgy' that they found objectionable. Apparently it was more than that. Although I still have no idea if they consider it 'text-only'.

erimock

curli76 wrote:Fine. If you consider it to be worthwhile to create a shirt that has no chance of winning, not only because it's all text and CLEARLY outside the boundaries of what Woot will print, so be it. But do not twist, mince, or omit words that you wrote in a vain attempt to make me look foolish. You said:

"Everyone is just doing it for fun since they have to know that the chances of 'winning' are /very/ small."

And, again, that isn't true. People come here, follow the rules, get good feedback, improve as artists, and sometimes, actually get printed. Had you posted your idea on the message board for the derby before posting it, you could have gotten feedback that might have helped you.

Also, if being off-topic and rejected is fun for you, please keep in mind that it's not fun for the other participants on this site. I enjoy looking at everyone's entries, and that becomes difficult when the derby page is littered with rejects.

And that's all the energy I'm going to expend on you and your flawed logic.

Funny how you pick and choose my words too. Please read what I wrote. I never suggested that people submit for other non-time-wasting reasons than 'fun'. You just need to quit telling people they are wasting their time when you have no idea what the circumstances are. Likewise, I will consider further discussion with someone who thinks they now how other people should spend their time a waste of my time.

expo01

Re: Three's a Crowd

Great one Lucky! +1

stellageek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stellageek
Re: On The Thirteenth Day...

nice design! the artwork is clever and pretty. i love the colors. you've got my vote.

bluetuba

erimock wrote:Please tell me where it says anything about sexual and religious references in the guidelines? Han and Leia in bed isn't a sexual reference?

Yes, 'people' did explain the problem. However, I took those as unofficial thoughts.

It's funny how you seem to think I'm upset that it got rejected. I mean, given the pre-derby feedback I figured it would. But why not submit and see?

Changing the 'language' was just to see if it was 'orgy' that they found objectionable. Apparently it was more than that. Although I still have no idea if they consider it 'text-only'.

Officially Woot can reject (or not) any design they want for any reason they want. There are scads of unofficial rules that the community has observed over the years and they are listed off quite frequently. Things like No sex, No religion, No politics, No celebrity likeness, No toilet humor, ect.. There have been some big long posts in the forum that discuss these in detail that you can find.

Han and Leia in bed is OK because it's not explicit, it's just two people in a bed. You put the words Orgy, Ménage à trois, and 69 on a shirt. Those are directly sexual. No religion is another big one, a 666 shirt is a direct Satan/Religious reference.

The only part you'd have any grey area at all on is the No Text Only rule this week and I don't think adding some flames to your 666 is enough of a graphic element. If you wanted to test that boundary you'd have to remove the sexual and religious parts, which is basically the entirety of your idea.

-No Text = No text of any kind, on anything, no exceptions. People have been rejected for having X eyes on cartoon characters.

-Incidental Text Only = According to Tgentry "No taglines or slogans. The general guideline for incidental text is this: your design should work just as well without the text. If the design doesn't make sense or has a completely different meaning without it, it's not incidental." Which means that an A+ on a report card or a STOP sign in the background are OK

-No Text Only = Slogans or captions are OK but you have to have some kind of graphic to go with it. Some stick figures, outline of a dinosaur, anything on theme.. you can't just slap a sentence on a shirt.

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: Not now, chewie

Thanks everyone!

dijay

Re: Monster Mistake

Great work! So funny :D

dijay

Re: Lovebirds

Amazing work!

dijay

dijay

lisadanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisadanger

Good luck my friend!!!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
stellageek wrote:nice design! the artwork is clever and pretty. i love the colors. you've got my vote.

Thanks Stella! And thank you for the nice words!

kestrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kestrad
Re: Lovebirds

This is beautiful! One of the few designs this derby I would actually buy and wear. I love how subtle it is. I really hope this design fogs!

kestrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kestrad
Re: Like Peas and Carrots

Aw, this is so cute, and the description was awesome! You really should have more votes.

lgnablndr

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lgnablndr
Re: Not now, chewie

This is the best fore me, because I actually have a little cinnamon pom named Chewy that would love to sleep on the bed if he was allowed...

calvin92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calvin92
bnbsouthworth wrote:Eye Candy: This reminds me of the one where jelly caught peanut butter in yet another compromising position with banana. When will jelly ever learn?!

Peanut Butter and Jealousy

well jelly has no choice...what goes with jelly besides peanut butter?

calvin92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calvin92

even the mice look pissed!

wafflehaus88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wafflehaus88

Sorry, I must have overlooked that. First time entering. I don't see a way to re-upload my thumbnail this time around, but I guess it doesn't much matter, I think it's not getting much more than the 2 votes it has, heh.