+ Add a Comment

threyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages threyon
Re: get this child off my bridge

Gotta wonder what Wil Wheaton will say when he sees this. X3

threyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages threyon
miniskunk wrote:I wonder what happened to Steve?

Steve was... eaten... by a bear. That's their story and they're sticking to it. ;3

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Guess Who?

Thank you so much for your votes! A bit of a last minute sub!

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
bpr2 wrote:Looks wonderful Jaden! Let us try to get it onto another Nickelodeon show!

Man, if I have another tee on Nickelodeon, my new* little sister will melt! Then she'll demand we go to a show taping to meet the cast...

even if I have nothing to do with the tee being on the show, other than creating it.

(*my parents adopted an adorable 10 yr old girl this December. She's my newest, biggest fan.)

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
threyon wrote:Gotta wonder what Wil Wheaton will say when he sees this. X3

He won't care. He gets to be the ultimate nerd bully now on The Big Bang Theory. ;)

terceralegion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terceralegion
Re: Not now, chewie

Love! When i see the sketch i love the design!

locoskier78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locoskier78
Re: Asteroid Aversion

It's good to finally be at a time where I can work on submissions again. For high(er) res, click here.

ibaitxo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibaitxo
Re: Not part of our club

amazing! haha :D

okayannajo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages okayannajo
Re: Monster Mistake

I think you could have a winner here. Great idea. I'll definately be rooting for this one cause I REALLY DO WANT ONE! :-D

JKR

perdita00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perdita00

Amazing!!!!

guppy808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guppy808
Re: Three's a Crowd

Love it, I believe it hits the theme with a bullseye Three is a crowd, Hope it gets 1st Place!!!

walmazan

quality posts: 58 Private Messages walmazan

Love it!

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
Re: Beastie

I'm sorry, and I don't mean to be rude in any way, but you're wasting your time with this design on Woot. First of all, it's pretty much text only, which is not allowed in this week's derby, plus, everything that Woot prints, prints on Kids' Sizes as well, and even if you don't get rejected and get to at least an honorable mention, they will not print a sexual or religious reference, let alone both combined. Even if you take away the words, all that would be left would be a bunch of 69s and that wont fly with Woot anyway, so, if you are still trying to pursue this design (and I can tell you are) I suggest you try a different shirt design website that has different rules.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots

Lovely colors!

erimock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erimock
cjoymr wrote:Because you think they are too dumb to know what menage a trois means?

This'll still get rejected.

No (obviously), because I think kids don't know what menage a trois means. Thus, making the 'joke' a little more subtle.

deedlebee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deedlebee
Re: WOW Three is possible

I like the concept a lot, but...

If the derby is "three's a crowd" then the message of this shirt is the exact opposite of what you're going for. You're essentially saying that purple is out of place.

The actual design looks ragged and unprofessional. Other than incorporating the rainbow, this just isn't very stylish.

ciaralee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ciaralee
Re: Beastie

Well I had to look it up, but Wikipedia answers all. And I doubt this is something Woot would want to associate its name with.

deedlebee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deedlebee
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=63196]Lewis

Cute concept. My only gripe is that Lewis and Clark are their last names, not first. I do think Steve is funny, but to history folk, it might bug them a bit.

erimock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erimock
zaydabarros wrote:I'm sorry, and I don't mean to be rude in any way, but you're wasting your time with this design on Woot. First of all, it's pretty much text only, which is not allowed in this week's derby, plus, everything that Woot prints, prints on Kids' Sizes as well, and even if you don't get rejected and get to at least an honorable mention, they will not print a sexual or religious reference, let alone both combined. Even if you take away the words, all that would be left would be a bunch of 69s and that wont fly with Woot anyway, so, if you are still trying to pursue this design (and I can tell you are) I suggest you try a different shirt design website that has different rules.

That's the thing. It took almost no time to change the text (or create the design), and I get to see a little better where the boundary is.

Speaking of wasting time, this entire competition is a huge waste of time. Think about all the time put into artwork that never makes it onto a shirt. (Although I hope people find a way to recycle their work.) Everyone is just doing it for fun since they have to know that the chances of 'winning' are /very/ small.

Anyway, here's the design I would have done if I really had more time (and ability):

A bunch of oxygen (O2) molecules grouped in pairs waiting to get into a club. At the door is a big bouncer atom (maybe plutonium) and a group of three, one being a carbon atom (i.e. CO2). Bouncer is pointing at a sign that says "No Greenhouse Gases".

If anyone wants to make it, go ahead but it's probably too late at this point.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
izzy1333 wrote:How do I get one??

How do you get one you ask? Well, it's really a quite simple 3 step process.....

Step 1 - you have to be able to vote in the derby. Which means you must purchase something from woot. Check the reckoning link at the top and grab one of the ridiculously cool shirts for yourself, and another for a friend. It's good to give.

Step 2 - Come back to the derby here and vote on this design so that it wins the derby.

Step 3 - Convince every person you know and every person you see on the street to come here to vote on this design, if they can't vote they should return to step 1.

ianleino

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ianleino
Re: Pitfall

Fun idea, and the unconventional print placement totally makes it!

Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Google+
My Shop [/url]

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 57 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

Love the concept and the art! Only thing I don't like it the square-ness of it. Maybe get rid of the sky in the background and put it on a lighter/more sepia shirt color (cream or brown). I love it otherwise!

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
Re: Not now, chewie

C'mon! Fog already!

supermegatopia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supermegatopia
deedlebee wrote:Cute concept. My only gripe is that Lewis and Clark are their last names, not first. I do think Steve is funny, but to history folk, it might bug them a bit.

Steve forgot his last name and it has been lost to the ages.

tabitha87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tabitha87

Kanto Economics Chapter 1: Saving on Pokeballs

capitalsown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capitalsown

Not on a shirt template. Resubmit with the design on a shirt template or you will get rejected.

As for this:

deedlebee wrote:I like the concept a lot, but...

If the derby is "three's a crowd" then the message of this shirt is the exact opposite of what you're going for. You're essentially saying that purple is out of place.

The actual design looks ragged and unprofessional. Other than incorporating the rainbow, this just isn't very stylish.

I really don't think we should worry about how the design's meaning could be interpreted within the context of the derby because nobody looking at this shirt (if it wound up printing) will go "Oh, this shirt is actually unintentionally offensive because it was submitted for the 'Three's a Crowd' theme.".

As for what you are saying about the design looking ragged, I agree. If you decide to resubmit it, you might want to try rounding out those pixely edges and making those colors solid (I don't know, they might interpret those artifacts, I'm guessing, as more than 6 colors).

ferabird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferabird
Re: Oh no you don't!

MY DINDIN!

mrsbooie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsbooie
Re: Wait for me!

Super adorable!

treehug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treehug
Re: Happily Ever After

Love it! It's great to see a unique style!

anamya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anamya
Re: One in Every Group

Got my vote because it's the first one to make me laugh out loud in a good while.

ibaitxo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibaitxo
Re: Game of Chairs

haha! brillant

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Monster Mistake

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

whitknee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whitknee
Re: Breaking Development

this shirt is INCREDIBLE.

jsee1218

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsee1218
Re: Smashed Window

tattled. rejectionator, take it away!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
ApeLad wrote:And here's the rest of the story:

by Ape Lad, on Flickr

Awww, poor guy.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

arienb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arienb

LOVE it! I teach 4th graders about Lewis and Clark, it would be fun to see their reaction.

timelessblur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timelessblur
Re: get this child off my bridge

While funny this will be rejected for they can not print it.

alex138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alex138
timelessblur wrote:While funny this will be rejected for they can not print it.

i'm curious for the reason...would it be celebrity likeness? I seem to recall a meme mashup derby winner that had a spot on picard and riker, moreso than my rendition. but who knows how the rejection-ator functions?

leevijeans

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leevijeans
Re: Three's a Crowd

this really encompasses the theme, love it