RayKremer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RayKremer

The people who see this and think "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" are as odd as the people who saw the beer mug rainbow shirt (http://shirt.woot.com/blog/post/two-is-better) and thought gay pride. The characters of the game Clue were specifically named to associate a single color with each of them in order to match their game pieces.

When you see multiple different colors arranged together it does not automatically mean it is a reference to that other thing with multiple different colors. A bag of round candy with the letter "S" on them made by Mars Inc. (apparently I can't say the name here) is not a reference to the old PBS Levar Burton show about children's books, for instance.

Snivets

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Snivets

I demand moar typography shirts!
Maybe ones that aren't related to Clue though. I'm not smart enough to play Clue.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

I knew it was Clue instantly, but it took me a moment to see that pun bit in the title. "Cluevetica" lol, with so many random font names I just thought it was a real font...

I would love this even more if it was one of those brain puzzling things where the color of the word was not the same color as the word text...like if the word "Plum&" was made in the blue text, the word "white&" was made with the plum text and so on.

rootat127dot0dot0dot1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rootat127dot0dot0dot1
almsforoblivion wrote:What, no Wadsworth the butler? How disappointing.

In just about any P G Wodehouse story, isn't the butler's name "Jeeves?"

And what about 12 point Times? Obviously not written by somebody who spent three of their summers at a composition shop that set the type for Friar magazine, and had to get out hundreds of hairlines between pairs of letters because the mats were so worn!

PEOPLE: TIMES IS THE CLUEVETICA OF THE (LEGIBILITY TRANSITIONAL) SERIF WORLD.

To tell the truth, Max Miediger did a to less to offend my senses than Stanley Morison ever did!

sharonjready

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sharonjready
RayKremer wrote:The people who see this and think "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" are as odd as the people who saw the beer mug rainbow shirt (http://shirt.woot.com/blog/post/two-is-better) and thought gay pride. The characters of the game Clue were specifically named to associate a single color with each of them in order to match their game pieces.

When you see multiple different colors arranged together it does not automatically mean it is a reference to that other thing with multiple different colors. A bag of round candy with the letter "S" on them made by Mars Inc. (apparently I can't say the name here) is not a reference to the old PBS Levar Burton show about children's books, for instance.

No one just sees colors and thinks Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream coat. The JATATD song goes "Red & Yellow & Green & Brown & Scarlet & Black & Ochre & Peach & Ruby & Olive & Violet & Fawn & Lilac & Rose & Chocolate & Mauve & Cream & Crimson & Silver & Rose & Azure & Lemon & Russet & Gray & Purple & White & Pink & Orange & Blue"

I got that it was a clue reference first, and of course I understand that it's in the style of the helvetica list shirts. But the text can basically be pulled from the song (half of it can be pulled directly from the song) so while the author may not have intended it, it's very logical (not odd) to make that association.

tinytimmy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tinytimmy

Would buy... can't because of new shirt quality and sizing issues.

CeilingFanMan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CeilingFanMan
kalee11 wrote:Anyone who prefers Verdana to Helvetica is as stupid as Mr. Boddy for inviting 6 murderers to his house every weekend.

...I legitimately prefer Verdana to Helvetica. Neither one is a first choice though. I usually opt to use the DejaVu font set. Sans for headlines, Serif for text body, Mono for coding.

Everyone truly needed to know that...

ThePerrBear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThePerrBear

Having trouble purchasing this but I really want it!!!! Boo.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

CeilingFanMan wrote:...I legitimately prefer Verdana to Helvetica. Neither one is a first choice though. I usually opt to use the DejaVu font set. Sans for headlines, Serif for text body, Mono for coding.

Everyone truly needed to know that...

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats on the print, Tony! Now I really want to go play Clue.

thatoddkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thatoddkid

Communism was just a red herring...

southpaw3687

quality posts: 1 Private Messages southpaw3687

Such a great font and such beautiful kerning. Mostly, I just wanted to say the word kerning...

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 14.220s
First Sucker: computermd82
Last Wooter to Woot:Ticadrius
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 43% of Shirt Woots
Top 45% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 1167

First day sales 1167
First day posts 51

DaveKrieger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DaveKrieger

Technicolor Dreamcoat would not have occurred to me in 17 proton half-lives if it hadn't been mentioned in the comments. I got the Clue reference immediately, but why Helvetica? I didn't know this was a thing: http://blog.howdesign.com/just-for-fun/origin-of-helvetica-ampersand-list-t-shirts/

If you were equally unhip, you're welcome.