4%
5%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

THAT'S NOT HOW STICKS WORK. I like the shirt color though.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

My most Favorite W(HOOT) Shirt EVER!

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

Rooker156

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rooker156

Hoot-dratic

shirts galore....

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Before I saw the artist, I saw the owls and knew it was the return of Spiritgreen's owls. Nicely done, happy to see the little guys back in action.

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 65 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

nice hooters

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

sparrowhawk69

I think this is the quadratic formula but Owl be danged if I can tell an A from a B from a C on this problem.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

bdy0003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdy0003

If this is indeed the quadratic formula, then its a fail by the designer. Thumbs down.

dykim00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dykim00

Thank you woot for making my day!!!

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

This is creative and awesome and I love it and might buy it and all that jazz, but it will always bug me that that's not the right equation. If it's (-b +/- root{b^2 - 4ac})/2a then the second owl should be the same as the first owl, and the third owl should be the same as the bottom owl.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
sparrowhawk69 wrote:I think this is the quadratic formula but Owl be danged if I can tell an A from a B from a C on this problem.

I'm glad I wasn't going crazy, it has been quite a while since I've had algebra but I thought I remembered the quadratic formula at least. The 2 A's and the 2 B's don't even match each other! The artist should have at least done that much!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

xxchange wrote:This is creative and awesome and I love it and might buy it and all that jazz, but it will always bug me that that's not the right equation. If it's (-b +/- root{b^2 - 4ac})/2a then the second owl should be the same as the first owl, and the third owl should be the same as the bottom owl.

Owls don't sit still. That's what makes owlgebra so tricky.

rbgreshes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbgreshes

Anybody ever buy Woot shirts? Is the sizing for women pretty accurate? Do they run big, small?

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Those owls have yellow eyes! So help me god, yellow eyes!

sparrowhawk69

rbgreshes wrote:Anybody ever buy Woot shirts? Is the sizing for women pretty accurate? Do they run big, small?

nobody knows. The good thing is they allow you to get 3 at once so you can order a size smaller than you normally wear, the same size, & a size larger so you have a good chance that one is in the Goldilocks zone.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
rbgreshes wrote:Anybody ever buy Woot shirts? Is the sizing for women pretty accurate? Do they run big, small?

Use the size chart. They bell out at the waist, too. More information (and pictures) can be found in this thread.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Oww...l

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

ScotiaLee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ScotiaLee

At first I thought the same thing, but I couldn't imagine that an artist who would make such a great shirt would miss an important detail like that. Sure enough, if you look closely at the feathers on the owls' tummies, they are distinctive for a, b, and c. So the owls really do match correctly, they're just a bit wiggly and blinky.

xxchange wrote:This is creative and awesome and I love it and might buy it and all that jazz, but it will always bug me that that's not the right equation. If it's (-b +/- root{b^2 - 4ac})/2a then the second owl should be the same as the first owl, and the third owl should be the same as the bottom owl.

phishneslo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages phishneslo
bdy0003 wrote:If this is indeed the quadratic formula, then its a fail by the designer. Thumbs down.

They have b's, a's, and one c on their bellies... Thumbs down on YOU!

melbiggs99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melbiggs99
ScotiaLee wrote:At first I thought the same thing, but I couldn't imagine that an artist who would make such a great shirt would miss an important detail like that. Sure enough, if you look closely at the feathers on the owls' tummies, they are distinctive for a, b, and c. So the owls really do match correctly, they're just a bit wiggly and blinky.

I do believe you are correct.

So is phishneslo

cmlewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmlewis

well... owl be damned.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

You think I'd draw a math Woot shirt without getting the math right? I have so much to live for!

ScotiaLee got it first, you can tell which variables the owls are standing in for by the feather pattern on their chests.

xyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xyon

Love the idea, art and general design, but on a t-shirt using just the feather pattern for variable distinction is way too subtle. Seen in passing anyone who gets the reference is going to be as confused as those above by the apparent inconsistency, which is only explained away by me telling them to get a couple inches away from my chest and look closely.

Something immediately noticeable (same eyes, nose, etc) in addition would've helped. As it is, although it's otherwise well done I think I'm going to pass this time.

wkmtca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkmtca

ok.. i am female, 5'7"/135# and i wear a mens medium and that is not too big. i have a couple womans xl and they are tight... i would say they run small..

lberg81674

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lberg81674

The shirts for women run small. I wear a small or xs from the store, but need a medium or (more comfortably) a large from Woot.

crystalrose629

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crystalrose629
skatimmy737 wrote:Those owls have yellow eyes! So help me god, yellow eyes!

They're just a little jaundice, they need a little more sunlight and lots of water. They'll be fine.

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm

Owls' heads are asymmetric. They have one ear significantly lower than the other, which helps them locate prey in three dimensions. This has nothing to do with the shirt - it's just a fun fact I saw on PBS the other day and I thought I'd share.

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe
wkmtca wrote:ok.. i am female, 5'7"/135# and i wear a mens medium and that is not too big. i have a couple womans xl and they are tight... i would say they run small..

I think you must have some of the old blanks. I have some of the newer shirts and at 5'6" and before I lost a few pounds and was at right around 200, I could wear women's XL with no issue. Now that I'm down 35 pounds and one jeans size (love the commercials that say you can lose a jeans size in 2 weeks and then say that's 6 pounds, but that's another story...), I'm going to try the WL and see how that fits. I don't like t-shirts too fitted, and I found WXL comfortable. I would ordinarily order men's large for unisex and think WXL is relatively close in fit, just shorter in both body and sleeves.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

On Woot, the women run big. Or were you meaning the tshirt size?

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
Spiritgreen wrote:
ScotiaLee got it first, you can tell which variables the owls are standing in for by the feather pattern on their chests.

I wouldn't call it a "pattern". The "feathers" are the letters a, b, & c, that the math majors here are grousing over.

madkaugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madkaugh
tgentry wrote:Owls don't sit still. That's what makes owlgebra so tricky.

Owls mostly sit still. They hunt by sitting still, scanning by rotating their heads, then flying rapidly toward prey, like a pounce.

alm723

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alm723

Anyone else learn the quadratic equation to the tune of Pop Goes the Weasel?

x equals negative b plus or minus the square root of b squared minus 4 a c ALL over 2 a

santista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santista

This might be late, but they usually run small, I've always bought smalls at stores and fit me fine, so I didn't think twice before buying small here, needless to say bewb stretch FTL now I only buy medium or large and if it's too big I tie it in some sort of way to "make it work"

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

thumperchick wrote:Use the size chart. They bell out at the waist, too. More information (and pictures) can be found in this thread.

Yeah, I wish they had WXS since they switched to the new blanks.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

MJPerron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MJPerron
skatimmy737 wrote:Those owls have yellow eyes! So help me god, yellow eyes!

It's all the same owl in different poses. The owl's name is Scut Farkus.

Sixela10

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sixela10
superspryte wrote:Yeah, I wish they had WXS since they switched to the new blanks.

Me too! The new WS shirts don't fit me nearly as well as the old ones.

RobertB

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RobertB

I'm taking Calculus I again -- the last time was in 1986, so I've had to dig DEEP into the memory banks and pull up THIS EXACT FORMULA. Must. Buy. Shirt.

Also, for reference, I present my favorite Online Quadratic Formlula Calculator, which has helped me with many a late-night homework assignment. Sadly, it's broken for dx/dowl.

Cr@p-free no more as of 5/26/2010!
(Previous B-to-the-OC: 11/17/2006)
i can haz quality post? zomg!

Dandylyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dandylyon
phishneslo wrote:They have b's, a's, and one c on their bellies... Thumbs down on YOU!

Thank you!!! I was looking and looking at their tummies, and missed the difference until you pointed it out. I was not going to buy it because I couldn't tell the difference, but, in for one!

jonas111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonas111

So disappointing. I caught a glimpse and had high hopes but upon closer inspection I am sad that a great concept has been squandered through thoughtless execution (like craftsman power tools). In copying the quadratic eq. from your cheat card you forgot what it was you were doing(Algebra = solving for an unknown variable!). You have represented nothing but constants and operators. Its meaningless without the variable. All you needed was a simple X = at the beginning and maybe a line indication the original expression for good measure... Ax^2 - Bx + C = 0.

I guess this is what happens when art majors venture out of their realm.

On a positive note redemption is possible with an accurate representation of linear Owlgebra sometime down the road!