toastedsheep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toastedsheep
KimNicole wrote:Dudes--

Buying a giblet for Christmas for my brother.

Does the XL run small or large? SHort or long?

That sounds like an odd gift. I'm guessing you mispelled a word, and woot's filters cleansed/modified your post. You may want to edit so future posters will not question why you're gifting giblets for Christmas.

I'm sorry I cannot assist you further as I take a MM in shirts. However, you can always refer to the sizing chart under the Features tab of the item's page. Hopefully that helps with your decision.

Polishemt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Polishemt

All of the world's problems will be solved in a woot comment section......

Like it = Buy it

Don't like it = Don't buy it

CowboyDann

quality posts: 715 Private Messages CowboyDann
wkmtca wrote:ok..my 12 yr old son has watched this show since it started.. he is no stoner and wasn't when he first started watching the show.. i have (in the very long time ago years) engaged in a bit of stoning sort of stuff and have never heard of 4:20.. ever. i bought this for my son prior to reading this crap... so not everyone watches the show and knows the reference or that they are suppose to be a stoner..

You're still going to let him wear the shirt right?

ChronoSquall14 wrote:Oh my dear lord! A shirt that... isn't for ME?!?!?! Why, I never! Harrumph and foofarraw! *monocle falls, saved only by the solid gold chain that it now dangles from*

well put :3

kuhnj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuhnj
Polishemt wrote:All of the world's problems will be solved in a woot comment section......

Like it = Buy it

Don't like it = Don't buy it

He says in the woot comment section.

izzyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages izzyr

Was so excited until I saw the 420 reference. Big AT fan, (currently wearing an AT shirt, actually) and have no issues with pot culture, but AT is DEFINITELY more LSD than pot. Sorry, but I'm not going to buy a shirt that annoys me with its wrongness when I look at it :P

andrea2s1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrea2s1

I buy two of these shirts, one for me and one for my daughter, the second I see this shirt if not for the 420 garbage on it.

Hue hue hue pot reference. Grow up. (Wait, you probably are growing. I mean, "this is garbage.")

majoricehole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages majoricehole

Could be worst.

And I wouldn't buy either design for kids. And both are kids shows. Of course any age can watch them.

AND no I that isn't a real shirt from woot or anywhere. It is a fignewton of your imagination. Go back to sleep......

lauralee414

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauralee414

<------doesn't get it.

OOOOHHHHHHH now I get it.

<------------doesn't like it.

Shirt Woots: 2/24/14 Random 2-pack Deallocated & 1985:Year of the Plumber, 1/10/14 Nickname that State 2/21/12 The Binge 1/17/12 Shhhhhh 11/18/11 Marsupial in my pocket 9/16/11 Haunted Housework 8/26/11 Do Not Pass Go 11/30/10 Evil-o-meter 4/14/09 Navy Seals 8/8/2008 Buffalo Sunset 8/4/2008 Midnight Rider 6/8/2008 Youbetchucan! 5/31/2008 When life gives you lemons 2/18/2008 The Stuffed Dragon 1/24/2008 CMYK of the Dead 1/23/2008 NEEEyowm

polypho

quality posts: 1 Private Messages polypho

I will be buying this shirt due the reference.

frickinawesome

quality posts: 6 Private Messages frickinawesome

For those who think I can't tell the difference between the minute and hour hand, first of all, you're apparently right and this is what I get for leaving a comment at like 3 in the morn.

Second of all, I was going by AST, or Adventure Standard Time, which clearly denotes the little hand as being the minute hand and vice versa. Sheesh people, it's like you've never vacationed in the land of Ooo before...

hisserbee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hisserbee
izzyr wrote:Was so excited until I saw the 420 reference. Big AT fan, (currently wearing an AT shirt, actually) and have no issues with pot culture, but AT is DEFINITELY more LSD than pot. Sorry, but I'm not going to buy a shirt that annoys me with its wrongness when I look at it :P

This is the first reasonable complaint I've seen

You people are being incredibly uptight and dim. This shirt is not intended for your child, and I would argue that the show's not either. Maybe instead of getting all judge-y about drug users on the internet and sniping about how your kid is now missing out on a shirt they would hate, you should actually spend some time with your kids. Or doing your job. Either way you should have something better to do (I don't, I'm twenty-something, childless, and half my coworkers are looking at reddit right now).

I know this is going to be really hard for you to handle, but...THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU.

Also, you people saying that stoners do nothing but talk about that one time they were stoned and be worthless, are ignorant jerks. There are tons of stoners that do big things, like, most of Hollywood, Carl Sagan, or, uh, the president of the United States?? Personally, I went through four years at one of the top engineering colleges in the country, maintained a well-above average GPA, and got a highly desired job right out of school, all while being an enormous stoner. So stop insulting people you know nothing about.

Sardinicus

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Sardinicus
pitamuffin wrote:What is this "butbeer" you speak of? Am I missing a reference?!?!

"Butbeer" is what Harry Pot drinks.

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde

Step One: Sell a weed shirt to make the cookie and cupcake shirts look tasty. Step Three: Profit!

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity
skatimmy737 wrote:Ohhhh... so THIS is this show's appeal!

No, the show's appeal is adventure. It's in the title. It uses random comedy elements like Spongebob or Zim, it's also a more adult show, once again like (old) Spongebob or Zim. These shows are popular because they don't just appeal to children.

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower

I strongly, strongly disagree that the show is not appropriate for children. There are a lot of children's shows and movies that have adult jokes thrown in. Here's a list that is just Pixar. Adult Humor in Pixar Films. Most of them are pretty tame, but there are a couple in there that are pretty surprising. And here's another relevant link: Top Six Adult Jokes in Children's Cartoons.

Along with that, there are plenty of things I watched as a child, many of which were intended for children, which gave me nightmares. Labyrinth, anyone? Dark Crystal? Wizard of Oz? Ghostbusters? Willy Wonka? How about this? 8 Cartoons You Didn't Realize Were Creepy.

And as for the write up and the show being for simpletons... I was actually just reading this article earlier today:
Why 'Adventure Time' Is More Groundbreaking Than You May Realize. (Spoilers on the second page.)

Just because stoners enjoy the show doesn't make it a "stoner show." Non-stoners, join me in taking it back!

Symbolic2007

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Symbolic2007

I think the 4:20 on the shirt could simply refer to how trippy the show is, and doesn't have to designate you as a stoner. The show is definitely one big acid trip. The art style, plots, and themes speak heavily to this.

Anyway, I like the show, but not quite enough to buy the shirt.

Metal is awesome, it's super-powerful and emotional, but at the end of the day we're dudes with long hair and guitars going "RAAAAAR!" -Devin Townsend

gallifreyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gallifreyan
yellowflower wrote:
Just because stoners enjoy the show doesn't make it a "stoner show." Non-stoners, join me in taking it back!

Why can't stoners and non-stoners alike love the show?

Can't we all just get along, brony?

ejh237

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejh237
CowboyDann wrote: ...I need to come here more often, I love watching all the sensitives get offended. ...

O.M.G., Yes, yes, yes.

Seriously people. It's "The MAN" that has you convinced you must get all offended...

As my mother's "Care Giver" in Oregon, I'll just say this: If a someone walked out of the Amazon TODAY, having just discovered this plant for the first time, he/she would win a Nobel prize for the health/science benefits! But, instead, it's eeeevvvviiiilll.... sigh.

I call this one a "MUST BUY"

tankgirlwa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tankgirlwa
wkmtca wrote:my son will insist on getting this..

Hope your son is old enough that the drug reference here wont get him in trouble at school or anything :/

tankgirlwa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tankgirlwa

I can't speak for anyone else, but, Im not offended. It's just this shirt does pose a bummer for me since my whole family LOVES this show and though my husband and I often joke that the creators are high a lot, we can't buy this item for our kids, or wear it around them, and hubby is AF so counts him out too. Just a bummer cause otherwise it would have been WAY fun!

teafie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teafie

Got super excited, being a big adventure time fan. Then, well I think I'll spare reiterating the majority of public opinion. super bummed too!

majoricehole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages majoricehole
tankgirlwa wrote:I can't speak for anyone else, but, Im not offended. It's just this shirt does pose a bummer for me since my whole family LOVES this show and though my husband and I often joke that the creators are high a lot, we can't buy this item for our kids, or wear it around them, and hubby is AF so counts him out too. Just a bummer cause otherwise it would have been WAY fun!

Agreed. They should make a non-herbal ref. one. Kinda like a safe for radio song. Have the unrated on CD.

Of course as mentioned in the description the references is part of the artist's plan for this piece.

fait

quality posts: 16 Private Messages fait
hisserbee wrote:...
Also, you people saying that stoners do nothing but talk about that one time they were stoned and be worthless, are ignorant jerks. There are tons of stoners that do big things, like...Carl Sagan...

Um...Carl Sagan no longer smokes anything, nor does he still do big things. He died in 1996.

In your defense, if you're a 20-something that smoked your way through a chunk of your life, perhaps you were too high at that point in your life to have noticed.

Sorry if I've disappointed you in any way.

thelastdj1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelastdj1976

On the fence about buying shirt. Read through the comments on this thread. Laugh quietly to myself. Buy shirt.

I just hope my demonic shirt doesn't scare too many people the next time I go buy a bag of Doritos from the corner store.

anonymose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anonymose
Blaraphon wrote:I would just like to point out that most of the comments on here are in regards to a "lost sale" and that they would NOT buy this shirt for their children with 420 on it. I mean, obviously you would buy the shirt for your kid if it had a different time on it, right? I mean, when I was a kid, I ALWAYS wanted a shirt with a clock on it. I'm glad you are all great parents and realize that all kids want a frozen clock on their shirt.

Let's get real, this shirt is going to sell a LOT more just because of the 420 referrence. Everyone complaining about a "lost sale" should reevaluate their taste in children's clothing...

You do realize it's not JUST a clock right? It's Finn's hat. When I saw it, I immediately thought, 'Heh, Adventure TIME'. I didn't check the time it pointed to until I saw the comments.

marvelman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marvelman

"Lol" at the geographic hot spots for this shirt.

Also - shirt.woot's most controversial shirt to-date? Can I get a historian on this?

KimNicole

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KimNicole
marvelman wrote:"Lol" at the geographic hot spots for this shirt.

Also - shirt.woot's most controversial shirt to-date? Can I get a historian on this?

Nah. That x-ray of treats filled with sharp objects was much more heated.

HOW COULD ANYTHING POT RELATED END IN CONFLICT?

That takes coke.

KimNicole

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KimNicole
toastedsheep wrote:That sounds like an odd gift. I'm guessing you mispelled a word, and woot's filters cleansed/modified your post. You may want to edit so future posters will not question why you're gifting giblets for Christmas.

I'm sorry I cannot assist you further as I take a MM in shirts. However, you can always refer to the sizing chart under the Features tab of the item's page. Hopefully that helps with your decision.

PRINTED GIBLITS FOR EVERYONE!

I said I was giving them defecation. Forgot an "r"

safyrejet

quality posts: 108 Private Messages safyrejet

Never seen AT, prob never will, but I (unfortunately?) have seen enough references to it between my Facebook friends and this shirt woot site to know what this shirt was referencing. Except that 4:20 thing. I knew nothing about that. Hey, I learned something new over at the shirt woot forums today.

landu13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages landu13

I didn't see the 420 reference until I came to the comments. I only came to the comments because of the advertising banner that said "soandso explains the meaning" hoping to come here and find people (adults) learning about Adventure Time and checking it out.

/rant
I don't care that it is in reference to 420/pot/weed, it's still a wicked awesome shirt, and if you don't smoke and don't like references to weed culture and it bothers you THAT much... don't buy it. I don't smoke, but I don't care, my friends that smoke will see it, laugh, and then check the show out.

"But it's illegal" If I had cash in hand for every time I caught someone doing something illegal, no matter the amount, I would walk the streets watching magic money appear in front of me. Of course I would just spend my time in a school zone collecting cash as people drive by with their cell phones to their ears.
/rant.

hurlingturtles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hurlingturtles

I certainly don't have any objection to pot. I voted to approve pot here in WA.

But I won't be buying this shirt. I object to the thought that only stoners like this show. I think Adventure Time is a cute, sometimes silly show, with occasional adult references. I don't think the show is a strictly adult show. The more mature references are subtle to fly over most children's heads. I've been watching this show for a long time before I found out that kid's have been smoking pot to this show. Whatever happened to kid's smoking pot while watching Family Guy?

tvjunky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tvjunky
NoSuccess wrote:Except for the time they picked. That works in any time zone.

But not in every country. I'm from Germany and I didn't have a clue what it was about. Thanks to the comments, now I do.

neuroticnick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages neuroticnick
wangowezz wrote:Love the design, but what's with the subtle 4.20 reference?

420 is when the real adventure begins.

Loading Signature...

ocv808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocv808
linksdeity wrote:It uses random comedy elements like Spongebob or Zim, it's also a more adult show, once again like (old) Spongebob or Zim. These shows are popular because they don't just appeal to children.

Because who wants their youth watching a gay sponge.

OldensLow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages OldensLow

And the hands are arranged in the shape of...

tymoocow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tymoocow

I really enjoy the tshirt design, not so keen on the 4:20 reference though

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

Seriously, I personally would never buy this shirt, not because of the pot reference, but because of the total lack of any artistic interest, and the fact that the first thing I think of when I see it is

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/housewarming-gifts.

but without the whimsey and charm.

ssirrine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssirrine

I was excited about the Adventure Time reference... until I realized it was about pot...

justynadorsz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justynadorsz

Lol, so many offended people, what fun :D I bet the shirt sells well, those controversial designs often do.

hisserbee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hisserbee
fait wrote:Um...Carl Sagan no longer smokes anything, nor does he still do big things. He died in 1996.

In your defense, if you're a 20-something that smoked your way through a chunk of your life, perhaps you were too high at that point in your life to have noticed.

Sorry if I've disappointed you in any way.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Of course Carl Sagan is dead. How does that change him being a highly successful stoner? Are you stoned?