bukosknr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bukosknr

Another shirt to add to
shirt.nickbukosky.com

I think I may have a problem.

ladaisadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladaisadog

I've been following woot pretty much since they've started. Although I've probably missed hundreds of deals, I can still say that the deals I have seen have not contained drug, political, or legal problems. Yes, there had been lots of jokes and shady things said here, which is why I love woot, but never this.
Woot has always been a fairly family friendly place, and I'm disappointed at this reference.

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

Let me axe you guys a question, mainly those offended by the reference:

Were you there to complain about the KY lube packages they sold on home.woot?

As for the shirt itself, I consider it subtle in the realm of the drug's culture. Pretty much anything without a picture of the plant and "4:20 BLAZE IT" is "pot-sutble"

annoyinggirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annoyinggirl

Wow. Marijuana? On woot? I am so shocked and disappointed. During my freshmen year of college, there were a lot of kids smoking MJ and I considered doing it myself. So glad I didn't. Did a bunch of research and found out that the herb is indeed harmful. Don't listen to what the stoners say. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM MARIJUANA, KIDS!

This will surely be the most discussed shirt for at least a month- that's for sure.

Woot, I'm very disappointed in you.

annoyinggirl

ladaisadog wrote:I've been following woot pretty much since they've started. Although I've probably missed hundreds of deals, I can still say that the deals I have seen have not contained drug, political, or legal problems. Yes, there had been lots of jokes and shady things said here, which is why I love woot, but never this.
Woot has always been a fairly family friendly place, and I'm disappointed at this reference.

Well said, and I totally agree. Bad move, woot. Keep it up and you will lose many value customers.

annoyinggirl

vipermjb wrote:Let me axe you guys a question, mainly those offended by the reference:

Were you there to complain about the KY lube packages they sold on home.woot?

As for the shirt itself, I consider it subtle in the realm of the drug's culture. Pretty much anything without a picture of the plant and "4:20 BLAZE IT" is "pot-sutble"

A substance that makes sexual intercourse less painful cannot be compared to a drug that harms the brain in many ways. There is a reason why marijuana is illegal in most states (and until recently, all states), whereas KY can be found in almost any drug or grocery store. I have used lube to ease the insertion of tampons and menstrual cups, and I am still a virgin.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 10.118s
First Sucker: bing281
Last Wooter to Woot: rmckee10
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 0% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 1123

First day sales 1123
First day posts 125

AmdrewRJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AmdrewRJ

Kids don't HAVE credit cards nor the ability to purchase this shirt online. As a parent, if you don't like it, don't buy it. But it's unfair to ask that someone repackage their art so your child can wear it. Buy an Adventure Time shirt from Hot Topic.

On a side note, where's the not so subtly booze-fueled 'Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack' shirt? I miss that show, which was equally if not moreso not for children.

brossow wrote:I do if they're conceivably aimed at kids. Wish they'd come back with an alternate time on this shirt -- I would have been in for three, one for each of my kids. But whether THEY understand the reference or not, I absolutely guarantee someone who saw one of them wearing the shirt would get it ... not that I'd knowingly send them out of the house wearing a shirt with an obvious drug reference.

sboardr22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sboardr22
Quaddawg wrote:wow.... just wow.... I didn't realize that mainstream America was still so uptight...

Drugs? It's pot you guys... do you go around "poo pooing" beer shirts? That drug is WAY WAY more harmful... but something tells me that if it were a King of the Hill shirt with Alamo beer, or The Simpsons with Duff beer, we wouldn't be seeing these ridiculous "OH NO IT'S A DRUGGIE SHIRT" comments... again, wow, just wow.

You do realize that Marijuana is legal in a couple of states recreationally, right??

Oh my god. You people need to take a chill pill, or maybe a chill doobie??

I dream of an age where everyone is not an i-d-iot.... oh wait, I'm stoned (and therefore must be a loser)

And yeah, Adventure Time is definitely a stoner show...

This^

syntaxterror

quality posts: 1 Private Messages syntaxterror

annoyinggirl wrote:Wow. Marijuana? On woot? I am so shocked and disappointed. During my freshmen year of college, there were a lot of kids smoking MJ and I considered doing it myself. So glad I didn't. Did a bunch of research and found out that the herb is indeed harmful. Don't listen to what the stoners say. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM MARIJUANA, KIDS!

This will surely be the most discussed shirt for at least a month- that's for sure.

I use weed to ease the pain of living in a world with this much ignorance...

biotwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biotwist

oy, 4:20 is the default time I put on any clock art. I don't even think about it anymore... guess I should

penguincheese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penguincheese

Holy math, people are looking way too deep into this one! I didn't even notice the time on the clock, to be honest, my Adventure Time trigger finger just shot to instabuy and seriously, only now did I even notice it.

Don't like it, don't buy it. There's plenty of non-observant people like me to make up for it. C:

tangolite132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangolite132

Whoa. I GET IT NOW. 4:20 is when people get high. I feel so stupid that I didn't get this. Adventure!

"Riddle me this, riddle me that: who's afraid of the big black bat?"

skipray22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skipray22

The "Woots by State" map is pretty hilarious.

greenfeldermt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenfeldermt
biotwist wrote:oy, 4:20 is the default time I put on any clock art. I don't even think about it anymore... guess I should

I think it's a great design, but I won't buy it due to the 4:20 reference. It's not a matter of offense, really - I'm not offended by Che Guevara, Mickey Mouse, Oakland Raiders or professional wrestling, but I won't wear shirts that make references to those things, same with this.

Good luck with the sales.

Oh - also, I was thinking it would actually have been way more awesome if the numbers could have been stylized into adventuresome symbols - knives and shields and snakes and such. That would make this a supertastic shirt.

biotwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biotwist

I did a bunch of research also and came to the opposite conclusion

annoyinggirl wrote:Wow. Marijuana? On woot? I am so shocked and disappointed. During my freshmen year of college, there were a lot of kids smoking MJ and I considered doing it myself. So glad I didn't. Did a bunch of research and found out that the herb is indeed harmful. Don't listen to what the stoners say. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM MARIJUANA, KIDS!

nancypults

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nancypults
zeebies wrote:The 420 reference makes this an insta-no-buy. I've got zero problem with pot or those who smoke it, but the reference isn't even subtle (despite the fact that other people seem to think it is, for some reason). Either you get it, or you don't know what 420 is. It'd be like claiming that the Adventure Time reference here is subtle. Not to mention that this design isn't clever; it's stoner-clever. The show's integration into drug culture has become tired and terribly cliched at this point.

Appreciate the effort, but... no.

Agreed. Otherwise would have bought four-one for each member of the immediate family.

pocdragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pocdragon
vjeshitza wrote:I absolutely love adventure time, and I‘m no stoner. I think it is much more related to d&d games, or quests, than pot trips. I love it because it reminds me of the time I played. I don‘t like to see the reference to drugs either, but if there should be one it should have been lsd. That‘s what I think the scripwriters were on on a few episodes.

i agree! more LSD shirts!

pocdragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pocdragon

i bought this clock for all the references

Adventure Time is a mature show for all ages. the plots and character development seems never ending and is always fresh material.

there are a bunch of drug references in adventure time. the most common is referring to the "the great mushroom war". but there is an episode where Finn specifically describes dimethletriptomine also known as DMT, a heavy disassociate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIncG-hyQBM
the episode "king worm" is supposed to be a dream of finn's but he is actually tripping under the influence of the king worm.

the writers are extremely smart, theres an episode where they describe practical interdimentional travel in their multiverse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIncG-hyQBM

this is no low brow show. but stoners appreciate the little bits that the creators put into the show that a typical younger viewer wouldent catch.

a sister show to adventure time is called "Regular show". its so awesome it won an emmy. the show's piolet to cartoon network involvs the main charactors eating acid while bored at work.

sesame street is for kids, southpark is for adults. Adventure Time is for everyone

tabbyfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tabbyfoo
dianamight wrote:Oh! So disappointed in the 4:20 reference! I would have absolutely bought this otherwise. Seriously disappointed.

Onerous Massive Family Gathering I feel like a complete jerkface now, because I bought this for my 10-year-old and gave it to him yesterday without even noticing that. I would NOT have bought it if I'd known it had a drug reference in it. Not cool.

tabbyfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tabbyfoo
Quaddawg wrote:wow.... just wow.... I didn't realize that mainstream America was still so uptight...

See, the problem for me is not that it's got a drug reference (for a substance that is legal in some states - and I'm glad for that legality). The problem is that I didn't catch the reference, not being a pot smoker, and I bought it for my KID! I wouldn't buy him beer shirts to wear, either. Soooo... That is disappointing. So now I either have to take it away from him, tell him he can only wear it on weekends, or keep my mouth shut and hope no one notices that my 10-year-old is wearing a 420 shirt. SUCK.

We have been watching Adventure time together as a family since the beginning. We all love it, although I'll admit, I'm the reluctant one. My husband and both kids are big time animation fans. They also watch My Little Pony together, and we all enjoy the Simpsons and Futurama, as well. We don't watch Family Guy or South Park, because they are OBVIOUSLY not appropriate for kids. Adventure time has very little adult content that isn't pretty heavily masked by other things. It's very centered in all the popular culture things that we enjoy, though.

Still disappointed and annoyed. Half tempted to contact customer service, but I am going to have to talk to my husband and see what he thinks before I decide.