Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jmbomm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmbomm

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

I don't know that I believe that wootie wooterson is a real person.

CasualSax

quality posts: 8 Private Messages CasualSax

I was so excited, I thought this was a Civilization shirt.

24 x woots (0 Bunnies Ogling Carrots )
23 x shirts (18 Random )
.5 x wine (split order)
5 x sellout (mandatory parentheses)
1 x kids (did I win yet?)

superchiva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superchiva

I prefer a nice Assam or Darjeeling.

-Superchiva

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
AdderXYU wrote:I don't know that I believe that wootie wooterson is a real person.

An old staff account

eta: congrats kev!

move along

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Cuppa Irish Breakfast, please!

Kevlar, beautiful design; congratulations on the print.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

I feel obligated, as a tea addict, to buy this shirt.

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

I love the heck out of tea. But I can't help but feel sad for Sid since this isn't for him.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Congrats Kevlar! It's a classy design and I'm glad to see it in print.

theend404

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theend404
CasualSax wrote:I was so excited, I thought this was a Civilization shirt.

Haha same here, same here.

shar4ie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shar4ie

I thought the same...
*disapointment*

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

Congrats, Kevin! Are the Jots on you, now?

sleepingonthesofa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sleepingonthesofa

I drink nearly a liter of tea a day. I wooted hard and fast for this shirt!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AdderXYU wrote:I don't know that I believe that wootie wooterson is a real person.

She is.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats, Kevin!

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde
jmbomm wrote:Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

Sweet Tea. Luzianne. Iced.

Civilized? This ain't no sippin' tea. :D

aopland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aopland

I really wanted the civilized addiction shirt, but I just realized this isn't the one that was in the fog! This one is missing the tea bag string. I liked it better when it was clearly talking about tea and not coffee. Bummed. Oddly, I rarely use a tea bag, I'm more of a loose leaf tea fan, but the other shirt was clearly talking about tea. I'm sure the coffee zombies are happy...

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
j5 wrote:An old staff account

eta: congrats kev!

Congrats on the lovely shirt.

This business of woot staff being the so-called "guest editor"s leaves me completely nonplussed. Why not get some ACTUAL guest editors. People who aren't a part of the woot garden, so-to-speak? This week, for example, get an actual artist; next week, when the inevitable memefest comes along, get a semi-famous internet geek (can't be that hard), etc. mebe someone with a bit part in StarWars 3. If you guys are going to keep using the woot staff, you aren't putting out much effort to support your derby.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
aopland wrote:I really wanted the civilized addiction shirt, but I just realized this isn't the one that was in the fog! This one is missing the tea bag string. I liked it better when it was clearly talking about tea and not coffee. Bummed. Oddly, I rarely use a tea bag, I'm more of a loose leaf tea fan, but the other shirt was clearly talking about tea. I'm sure the coffee zombies are happy...

I'm a little coffee cup
Or am I tea?
Here is my handle.
Both I could be.

Use this shirt to vet potential sympathetic tea drinkers. If they see coffee, keep walking. If they see "civilized" and know it's tea, you have a new friend.

move along

WBW87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WBW87

Where is the tea bag? It was what made the shirt for me. Why did you guys change it once it won?

dddalton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dddalton

Dudes, most of the best teas have no string attached. Besides, wouldn't an addict be pouring from a giant pot of tea?! I know I do!

silverisis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverisis

I'd love the grafic as a print in my kitchen. Not so sure about it as a shirt though.

jjkehoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjkehoe
WBW87 wrote:Where is the tea bag? It was what made the shirt for me. Why did you guys change it once it won?

There were two different version in the derby, one with the teabag and one without. This is the "yay for diversity!" version.

teucer12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teucer12

Me too. Sad Face, indeed.

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51

Thanks so much woot and wootiewooterson!!!

For those loose tea drinkers out there, isn't this exactly what you drink? And when I drink tea, I take the teabag out. Hence the revision.

And as already stated, this way coffee drinkers don't have to feel left out.

Catinc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Catinc

I think it is and woot missed it. This is a big problem. It means there are not enough nerds working at woot! Hire a nerd, Woot! Equal opportunity and all that.

Catinc

It's a civ shirt, I don't care what anybody says I'm in for three.

Catinc

dddalton wrote:Dudes, most of the best teas have no string attached. Besides, wouldn't an addict be pouring from a giant pot of tea?! I know I do!

Right on!

zuberman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zuberman

I like that I can buy this shirt in a size "Kids 4", but can I get it as a onesie?

Live from Shanghai

Vulpecula

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Vulpecula

I'd like to see a version of this for those of us who are addicted to Sid Meier's Civilization computer game series.

Edit: I see now that I'm not the only one.

Tempted to get it anyway, and call it that, though I don't drink coffee...

flibitboat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flibitboat

Replace the mug with a pot plant and I would buy this shirt :P

growgreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages growgreen
Josephus wrote:Congrats on the lovely shirt.

This business of woot staff being the so-called "guest editor"s leaves me completely nonplussed. Why not get some ACTUAL guest editors. People who aren't a part of the woot garden, so-to-speak? This week, for example, get an actual artist; next week, when the inevitable memefest comes along, get a semi-famous internet geek (can't be that hard), etc. mebe someone with a bit part in StarWars 3. If you guys are going to keep using the woot staff, you aren't putting out much effort to support your derby.

I agree. No offense to those who get printed, with a few exception. This "new" way that woot chooses prints is rather unsettling. Is it just me, or does it seem as though woot is getting less and less votes and less overall participation each week. I think woot needs to reflect on whether or note they are really going in a good direction.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Kevin!!!

CasualSax

quality posts: 8 Private Messages CasualSax
j5 wrote:I'm a little coffee cup
Or am I tea?
Here is my handle.
Both I could be.

I'm a little tea cup short and stout!
Here is my handle,
Here is my...wait, something's off. Let me try again.

I'm a little tea cup short and stout!
Here is my handle,
Here is my..huh..other handle?

I'm a sugar bowl!

24 x woots (0 Bunnies Ogling Carrots )
23 x shirts (18 Random )
.5 x wine (split order)
5 x sellout (mandatory parentheses)
1 x kids (did I win yet?)

aopland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aopland
j5 wrote:I'm a little coffee cup
Or am I tea?
Here is my handle.
Both I could be.

Use this shirt to vet potential sympathetic tea drinkers. If they see coffee, keep walking. If they see "civilized" and know it's tea, you have a new friend.

I like the way you think, sold.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
growgreen wrote:I agree. No offense to those who get printed, with a few exception. This "new" way that woot chooses prints is rather unsettling. Is it just me, or does it seem as though woot is getting less and less votes and less overall participation each week. I think woot needs to reflect on whether or note they are really going in a good direction.

no more unsettling than the way wooters choose prints. Watching the derby this week has reminded me why I stopped watching the derby.

But I do agree with Joe: if woot can't find non-staff to be "guest editors," it puts their concept into question a bit. If there aren't enough artists, it shows how much woot has alienated their artists. It's unsurprising that woot isn't reaching out to more interweb geeks, because themes like this would give them an aneurysm trying to figure out why none of the shirts are about winter coming or time being wibbly wobbly (I don't get the reference to any of these shirts! Why should I pick one??)

Don't get me wrong, I like Kev. I'd rather see him win than, well, many people. but I feel like guest editors should be people who, upon seeing the name, we know exactly who they are. If it must be staff, pick someone with actual shirt woot presence. But so much better if you can find people who might, yknow, switch it up. I presume that was the reason for the change: to get a different crop of winners. With #1 being, well, the same winner it would be, and #2 frequently seeming to be picked by woot staff with an eye toward pleasing the very same audience that was picking winners in the old voting scheme, #3 could be the thing that sparks a new demographic, the exciting highlight of a weekend for the users who may have otherwise not bought. Or, it could be given to a staff member with a name that looks about as fake as when sekiyoku was talking to sekiyuko in one of her entry threads.

growgreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages growgreen
AdderXYU wrote:no more unsettling than the way wooters choose prints. Watching the derby this week has reminded me why I stopped watching the derby.

But I do agree with Joe: if woot can't find non-staff to be "guest editors," it puts their concept into question a bit. If there aren't enough artists, it shows how much woot has alienated their artists. It's unsurprising that woot isn't reaching out to more interweb geeks, because themes like this would give them an aneurysm trying to figure out why none of the shirts are about winter coming or time being wibbly wobbly (I don't get the reference to any of these shirts! Why should I pick one??)

Don't get me wrong, I like Kev. I'd rather see him win than, well, many people. but I feel like guest editors should be people who, upon seeing the name, we know exactly who they are. If it must be staff, pick someone with actual shirt woot presence. But so much better if you can find people who might, yknow, switch it up. I presume that was the reason for the change: to get a different crop of winners. With #1 being, well, the same winner it would be, and #2 frequently seeming to be picked by woot staff with an eye toward pleasing the very same audience that was picking winners in the old voting scheme, #3 could be the thing that sparks a new demographic, the exciting highlight of a weekend for the users who may have otherwise not bought. Or, it could be given to a staff member with a name that looks about as fake as when sekiyoku was talking to sekiyuko in one of her entry threads.

I agree with what you say... I am just suggesting that this "new" method isn't stirring up the excitement that we all thought that it might. I don't think that they should go back to the way it was before necessarily, but the current method seems to be flailing.
Like adder said, please don't take offense kev I like your design. It seems as though most shirts don't last a week in the reckoning due to the lack of demand, which should say something about how the shirts are chosen...

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond

like the way the design fits together...

lstaff

quality posts: 199 Private Messages lstaff

I am volunteering to be a guest editor, guest picker . . . whatever you need on the picking-a-shirt front.