WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Science Rules!

Speed to First Woot:
0m 48.992s
First Sucker:
crafalik
Last Wooter to Woot:
phizzzgig
Last Purchase:
2 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 36% of Shirt Woots
Top 27% of all Woots
Woots Sold:
3736

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 94% second woot
  • 6% < 10 woots
  • 0% < 25 woots
  • 0% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 8% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 13% one year old
  • 77% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 94% bought 1
  • 5% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

7%
4%
2%
2%
1%
2%
3%
5%
6%
8%
5%
5%
5%
11%
4%
4%
3%
4%
4%
3%
3%
3%
4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Percentage of Sales Per Day

4%
10%
4%
4%
71%
4%
3%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


bpr2


quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

yay!!! AA!!!!!!!!!

that was fun while it lasted!

speedogirl2


quality posts: 28 Private Messages speedogirl2

Yay for American Apparel blanks! Happy Birthday present for myself.

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Beautiful color palette! I love the shades of blue against each other - very appropriate for a design featuring earth.

Congratulations on the print, fishbiscuit! This is a gorgeous design.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bpr2


quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Instant buy for me! Double instant buy since the t-shirt is designed by fishbiscuit5!
Triple instant buy since the blank is on AMERICAN APPAREL!!!!

that was fun while it lasted!

Reclaimer456


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456

The slogan on this shirt is dumb. Maybe the the designer should have chosen rhetoric instead.

odysseyroc


quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

woo hoo, another Fishbisquick print! You 'da man, girl.





lonelypond


quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond

Laughable. And yet not ; )

miken927


quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927


------------------
I Bet on Sky

Gladeye


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Gladeye

I'm a science teacher. I love promoting science. but this shirt is too obnoxious and condesecnding. You can share your love of science without coming across as a jackass.

ktern


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktern
Reclaimer456 wrote:The slogan on this shirt is dumb. Maybe the the designer should have chosen rhetoric instead.



the slogan on this shirt is not itself science, so that would be self-consistent

charlottesumxs


quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs

This is my third tee from the science derby. Loved so many of the entries!

ddrirc


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ddrirc

I like science, but I don't like calling everything else dumb. I'm torn.

gabis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gabis

I'm commenting solely for Nate Silvers first random pop culture reference. Someone should notify him, it's a momentous occasion.

The shirt is cool, too.

Proverbs32


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Proverbs32
Gladeye wrote:I'm a science teacher. I love promoting science. but this shirt is too obnoxious and condesecnding. You can share your love of science without coming across as a jackass.



Agreeing with you. I am so disappointed by Woot for selling this shirt. It is offensive for two reasons:
1) It is calling other subjects dumb. (I have multiple college degrees not only in science--but also in arts.)
2) It has an implying message as a promotion of atheism. People has the right to believe or choose not to believe in any religion; however, calling other people dumb is off the limit.

tljx


quality posts: 6 Private Messages tljx
Proverbs32 wrote:People has the right to believe or choose not to believe in any religion; however, calling other people dumb is off the limit.



As the sole member of a religion I founded just now which is based entirely on calling other people dumb, I find that offensive.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Proverbs32 wrote:Agreeing with you. I am so disappointing at Woot for selling this shirt. It is offensive for two reasons:
1) It is calling other subjects dumb. (I have multiple college degrees not only in science--but also in arts.)
2) It has an implying message as a promotion of atheism. People has the right to believe or choose not to believe in any religion; however, calling other people dumb is off the limit.



Remember that the community chose this shirt. That's what the derby is all about. Make sure you vote - every vote counts.

It may help to remember that this is a Double-Take Derby and this design was originally submitted for the Propaganda... FOR SCIENCE derby. It was quite on topic for that derby. There were no comments about any religious intent in any of the comments in the Propaganda derby or this one.

I would like to ask that we not debate any religious meanings of this design as I feel sure that is not what Fishbiscuit had in mind at all.

Thank you!



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mschulte59


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mschulte59

Does this include junk science? Would you know the difference?

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
ThunderThighs wrote:Remember that the community chose this shirt. That's what the derby is all about. Make sure you vote - every vote counts.

It may help to remember that this is a Double-Take Derby and this design was originally submitted for the Propaganda... FOR SCIENCE derby. It was quite on topic for that derby. There were no comments about any religious intent in any of the comments in the Propaganda derby or this one.

I would like to ask that we not debate any religious meanings of this design as I feel sure that is not what Fishbiscuit had in mind at all.

Thank you!



ThunderThighs is quite right. This design was created for the Science Propaganda derby and intended to represent the theme. In no way was this meant to be offensive.

I also hold several degrees and certifications in multiple disciplines and certainly do not believe anything is dumb. As an English teacher, I plan to wear this shirt ironically. I also very much enjoy other subjects especially history because of the propaganda used.

Thank you to the woot community for choosing my design to print!

KingAdrock


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingAdrock
Gladeye wrote:I'm a science teacher. I love promoting science. but this shirt is too obnoxious and condesecnding. You can share your love of science without coming across as a jackass.


I agree that this shirt has all the subtlety of a falling anvil. However, some anvils need to be dropped.

"If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack."
— Winston Churchill

meh3884


quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

Wow, the woot community forgot to take their oversensitivity medication today. Get over yourselves. Fun shirt, printed on AA - bought.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Patuxentbball


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patuxentbball

Well, I jumped and ordered before noticing it's AA. Can anyone confirm Men's Large in American Apparel should fit similarly to the standard Woot! Men's Large?

pegtor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegtor
miken927 wrote:



YES! someone else who knows this song!

brutusx00


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brutusx00
Patuxentbball wrote:Well, I jumped and ordered before noticing it's AA. Can anyone confirm Men's Large in American Apparel should fit similarly to the standard Woot! Men's Large?



It will probably be a lot more comfortable than what woot has been using for the last 6 months.

The new necks feel stretched out and the cotton is kinda itchy and stiff.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Patuxentbball wrote:Well, I jumped and ordered before noticing it's AA. Can anyone confirm Men's Large in American Apparel should fit similarly to the standard Woot! Men's Large?



The men's sizes are quite similar. Some say the AA's are a bit longer.

The women's sizes are quite different and you need to go up at least a size for the AA from the size you wear in the Anvil.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

battra92


quality posts: 4 Private Messages battra92

This shirt is very condescending and is yet another reason why I dislike so many self-proclaimed scientists. This shirt is the equivalent of a thirteen girl wearing a shirt that says "I'm hot, you're ugly."

tmedvick


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tmedvick

Finally, something to counteract all those shirts about literature.

tmedvick


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tmedvick
battra92 wrote:This shirt is very condescending and is yet another reason why I dislike so many self-proclaimed scientists. This shirt is the equivalent of a thirteen girl wearing a shirt that says "I'm hot, you're ugly."



But.....

It's a shirt.

Maybe some people will wear it and mean it seriously, but maybe others will wear it and mean it ironically, maybe some will wear it because they got it next month in the random shirt day and they only wear it when everything else is dirty.

You know where you won't learn how to interpret someone's intent? Science class.

acelder


quality posts: 2 Private Messages acelder

Isn't that funny? So many people were offended by the science vs. every other discipline aspect. When I read "Choose Science" I was immediately struck by the similarity to the "Choose Life" slogan that I see everywhere, and assumed that this shirt was poking fun at the religious right.

Either way, this shirt doesn't offend me and the colors are awesome.

glimfeather


quality posts: 0 Private Messages glimfeather
ThunderThighs wrote:The men's sizes are quite similar. Some say the AA's are a bit longer.

The women's sizes are quite different and you need to go up at least a size for the AA from the size you wear in the Anvil.



Why are the blue shirts still printed on AA? Does woot still have an overabundance of blue AA blanks or something?

I'm not complaining... in fact I would love it if they went back to AA or at least gave an option for it. I'm just curious.

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

Atheist people, like myself Enjoy this design.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

glimfeather wrote:Why are the blue shirts still printed on AA? Does woot still have an overabundance of blue AA blanks or something?

I'm not complaining... in fact I would love it if they went back to AA or at least gave an option for it. I'm just curious.



Supply and demand. A lot of blue designs, a lot of popular designs in the Top 20 in blue, a lot of buying for the holidays, and whoops.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

argusc


quality posts: 1 Private Messages argusc

For those of you who like the shirt/offended by the wording---just add an s to the word dumb, and don't ask me how to do it, I'm a scientist not a........ whatever!

RayKremer


quality posts: 5 Private Messages RayKremer
ChefRAZ wrote:Atheist people, like myself Enjoy this design.



Contrary to popular belief, plenty of us religious people like science too. Our unemployed college graduates would be in better shape if they'd chosen science or engineering instead of philosophy and women's studies.

Speaking of the write-up, there actually are plenty of economists that try to back up their arguments with evidence. There's a reason economics is called the dismal science though, it's highly interpretive and there's no way to test a hypothesis in isolation. You tend to get a lot of confirmation bias based on a person's political leaning rather than scientific method. You can say the same thing whereever politics has hijacked science, like climate change for instance.

But frankly, the worst thing overall is that people don't understand science. All you need is a report on the nightly news that "a scientist" put out a press release announcing the results of some study, and the mass public believes this information to be the gospel truth, even years later when other studies have found the opposite result but without fanfare. There is an incorrect but widespread belief that "science" is always infallible.

Everything else is still dumb compared to science, but it's not infallible.

kevlar51


quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51

Nice work fishbiscuit5! Congrats!!!!

Buffbill_ox


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buffbill_ox

I really hope this is a trend of bringing back American Apparel shirts. I have not purchased an actual t-shirt on this website for a long time because the poor quality of the anvil shirts. The neck was always all stretched out like a “flashdance” sweatshirt. Cheers to more AA shirts!

Emerson iTone iPod Docking Station - Woot Cellars Polyphemus - 9 Random Craps! - Nike Nano Armband - 3 Monkeys - Emergency Roadside Kits - Bacon Salt - Flashing woot off lights - Tons of woot shirts

blzben


quality posts: 4 Private Messages blzben

Now that I know how it offense dumb people, I have to buy one.

Lairdland


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lairdland
fishbiscuit5 wrote:ThunderThighs is quite right. This design was created for the Science Propaganda derby and intended to represent the theme. In no way was this meant to be offensive.

I also hold several degrees and certifications in multiple disciplines and certainly do not believe anything is dumb. As an English teacher, I plan to wear this shirt ironically. I also very much enjoy other subjects especially history because of the propaganda used.

Thank you to the woot community for choosing my design to print!



Some folks don't have a sense of humor or irony, so maybe add 500 words of fine print to indicate we're nice and PC......

michaelvella


quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
meh3884 wrote:Wow, the woot community forgot to take their oversensitivity medication today. Get over yourselves. Fun shirt, printed on AA - bought.



Seriously. It's not necessary to be offended by everything. Which I know is an occupation held by some, but man.. They need a find a hobby or something.

mediabeing


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mediabeing

As one sensitive to graphic design, I say the design is nice, but needs serious adjustment.
First, it should be -
'SCIENCE RULES', not a command!
next, the relative brightness of the oceans and land should be reversed. As is, the continents are not easily identified.
NOTHING should be made hard to see.