66%
5%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Alright first sucker and Radscoolian is from my state of NM.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

torgospizza

quality posts: 20 Private Messages torgospizza

That looks nothing like David Bowie!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Nearly perfect timing to recognize the 70th anniversary of Tesla's death (January 7, 1943).

Second time around was the charm for poor Tesla, hiding in Edison's shadow. Congratulations on the Double-Take Derby print, Radscoolian!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

lonelypond

quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond

Dramatic...definitely a science is electric when you take off the lab coats makeover.

readymade

quality posts: 19 Private Messages readymade

I grew up about 10 minutes from Tesla's ill fated Wardenclyffe Tower. The distinctive metal "cage" at the top was long gone but the building remains to this day and they're trying to save it. The more you learn about Tesla, the less you respect about Edison.

I got something better than luck.

Mattroid

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Mattroid

Two Tesla shirts in a matter of weeks? Shocking!

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

This is win on so many levels!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

The guy must've used crates of Dapper Dan to keep his hair from frizzing out around all that static discharge!

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja

edison was a tard compared to Tesla.

Why do schools keep insisting on brainwashing people by teaching about edison, but not Tesla?

Harui

Tesla... finger... puppet? What? XD

kitcatbrat wrote:
Learned that the hard way when I got him a Tesla finger-puppet.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

spacemart

quality posts: 15 Private Messages spacemart

My near years resolution is to build a tesla coil. So of course I had to buy one.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

Here is the webcomic The Oatmeal's take on why Tesla > Edison: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
SuperNinja wrote:edison was a tard compared to Tesla.

Why do schools keep insisting on brainwashing people by teaching about edison, but not Tesla?

OK, Nicola Tesla did NOT invent the movie. Thomas Edison did.

Guys why are fighting about immegrants? Edison was from Canada. Tesla was from Austria.

Edison wanted DC. Tesla wanted AC. What do we have? Looks like the prize goes to Nicola.

'Nough said!

steve

danielvutran

quality posts: 16 Private Messages danielvutran

Tesla is #1 and if you disagree please tell me where you live and if your house is earthquake proof.

yes it's me lol

Shinespark

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Shinespark

Ironically the myth surrounding Tesla is far larger-than-life than that around Edison.

jasonahuang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonahuang

I'm starting work at Tesla Motors this month. Should be a hit with the coworkers!

SuperNinja

lordbowen

quality posts: 211 Private Messages lordbowen

Tesla - THREE times the scientist Edison was.

jamieinoc

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jamieinoc

This shirt tells the world: I know who the real electrician is!

We call this color: Basement Black

turbizzi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages turbizzi

I dare someone to wear this shirt to Greenfield Village at The Henry Ford in Dearborn, Mich. The Edison lab tour guides don't take kindly to Tesla talk.

sjc3d

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sjc3d
skou wrote: Edison was from Canada.

steve

Edison was from Canada? I grew up < 10 miles from Milan, Ohio, and I never knew I was Canadian.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Riff and Doctor Schlock follow these rules in "Sluggy Freelance".

XD

Harui

turbizzi wrote:I dare someone to wear this shirt to Greenfield Village at The Henry Ford in Dearborn, Mich. The Edison lab tour guides don't take kindly to Tesla talk.

This is an amazing idea, and I will absolutely do it if we go back.

SuperNinja

floppyturtle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages floppyturtle

Is there a reason women's small is unavailable?

genocyber36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genocyber36
meh3884 wrote:Here is the webcomic The Oatmeal's take on why Tesla > Edison: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

phew, I thought I was going to have to mention theoatmeal.com. at least I know I'm not the only one to think of that place. love that site.

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark

I am not an expert on either gentlemen, but my take on Tesla is that he was the quintessential nerd. And that was his problem. He was a brilliant scientist who wanted to be left alone to do his thing. Consequently he didn't care about things like patents until others like Edison and Marconi came along and used patents to their advantage. Tesla failed to understand that in the "real" (but wholly invented) world we live in, legal niceties determine who gets credit. Tesla understood the real "real" world where action tops talk.

If he was alive today, Tesla would be into the open source movement. IMHO.

bolis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bolis

would have liked it in the woman's small but got it in the med. Daughter will just have to understand. ( :

bolis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bolis
morninglark wrote:I am not an expert on either gentlemen, but my take on Tesla is that he was the quintessential nerd. And that was his problem. He was a brilliant scientist who wanted to be left alone to do his thing. Consequently he didn't care about things like patents until others like Edison and Marconi came along and used patents to their advantage. Tesla failed to understand that in the "real" (but wholly invented) world we live in, legal niceties determine who gets credit. Tesla understood the real "real" world where action tops talk.

If he was alive today, Tesla would be into the open source movement. IMHO.

Have to agree with you on the open source theory. It's like do you help the few or do you freely give your knowledge away and help the many.

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark

I wanted to add, that part of the Edison myth is business generated. A lot of productivity books and business management books promote the Edison myth because he's great for that model. What could a business book say about Tesla except use him as a bad example?

Of course, most of what the business books claim about Edison is a myth as well (he was a tyrant who slept during the day without realizing it). The point is, the myth sells.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

You've been put on posting probation for this post

ehisforadam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehisforadam
turbizzi wrote:I dare someone to wear this shirt to Greenfield Village at The Henry Ford in Dearborn, Mich. The Edison lab tour guides don't take kindly to Tesla talk.

Yes, go and harass the 60-70 year old volunteers who in general aren't really educated on what they're presenting besides what the museum teaches them. That's really productive.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

Wish I had been awake to see some of these comments last night.

More info about Wardenclyffe on Long Island, (and how it should become a museum!) and Tesla's patents here.

madquick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madquick
SuperNinja wrote:edison was a tard compared to Tesla.

Only on the internet do people bash Edison with such abandon.
Try reading books on both men, to ACTUALLY learn.

SuperNinja

madquick wrote:Only on the internet do people bash Edison with such abandon.
Try reading books on both men, to ACTUALLY learn.

The bashing on edison started LONG before the internet.

And you should re-read the post, because you obviously didn't get the point.

No one said there wasn't anything to learn from edison.

The point was a COMPARISON between edison and Tesla.

kwyjibo73

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kwyjibo73

I'm guessing that this shirt wouldn't go over well at my wife's job at GE, at least among higher management types. The peons would love it...

saquack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saquack

I named my second son after Tesla. Not that you care, but I thought I'd share.

kottm20a

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kottm20a

This would look great as a bumper sticker!

SuperNinja

kwyjibo73 wrote:I'm guessing that this shirt wouldn't go over well at my wife's job at GE, at least among higher management types. The peons would love it...

Off topic, but here is a very interesting video (specifically a short segment about GE from 3:36 to 6:23)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXGUFulpTWM