4%
4%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Cool shirt! Wish it were on a poster too!

that was fun while it lasted!

unknownwarrior33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unknownwarrior33

Gee thanks Woot, you put up so many awesome shirts that I bought as many as I could, and now you bring out this even better one. Stupid quality products...

Robtangle

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Robtangle

You don't need to Triforce me to buy this shirt. In for one!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Really cool to see a shirt reference ancient Greek pottery: I love the combination of black-figure and red-figure techniques!

(Um, what are the "modern myths" being referenced?)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bpr2

neuropsychosocial wrote:Really cool to see a shirt reference ancient Greek pottery: I love the combination of black-figure and red-figure techniques!

Zelda. Check out the little details in each section. Plus this is a triangle thing.

unknownwarrior33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unknownwarrior33
neuropsychosocial wrote:Really cool to see a shirt reference ancient Greek pottery: I love the combination of black-figure and red-figure techniques!

"The Legend of Zelda." Ganondorf, Zelda, and Link are the main characters.

EDIT: Characters listed clockwise from the top. Ganondorf (sometimes Ganon) is the main villain, Zelda is the princes, and Link is the hero.

lonelypond

quality posts: 450 Private Messages lonelypond
neuropsychosocial wrote:

Legend of Zelda, I believe.

Coloring makes for a smoky effect; I like that.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

BEAUTIFUL shirt.

Well done and clever. Just backing up the point that Vermont has the highest HS graduation rate in the country!!!

Vermonters: rockin' the academic, artistic and farming worlds since, well . . . almost the era depicted on this shirt.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Though am I am not much acquainted with the works of this lady Zelda, I thank bpr2, unknownwarrior33, and lonelypond for the information and prompt response!

(With apologies to Thoreau)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bpr2

You're welcome!

neuropsychosocial wrote:Though am I am not much acquainted with the works of this lady Zelda, I thank bpr2, unknownwarrior33, and lonelypond for the information and prompt response!

(With apologies to Thoreau)

rasabi

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rasabi

Nice job with the Grecian pottery style. Really well done!

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

I was thinking it looked more like a piece of Greek pottery displaying a myth story (or persian maybe). Perfect for the Zelda series.

Also, Zelda is the Princess. Link is the Hero (usually in green). if you buy one of these you get to remind everyone who asks about the shirt about that fact over and over.

In for two.

cargobroombroom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cargobroombroom

I'm surprised there isn't a Half Life 3 logo somewhere on it.

masterlink87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages masterlink87

you know, i've seen lots of zelda-themed shirts on the internet before. and every time i see one i'm tempted to buy it (i mean, just look at my username, for crying out loud!), but up to this point i never have.

but then this shirt comes along...it's almost like finding the last piece of heart you need to fill another heart container. you can't just leave it behind- you have to get it.

in for 1.

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc

Seriously, this is one of the best shirts I've seen on Woot for some time! The mix of classic art with pop culture that allows you to feel superior to anyone who doesn't "get" it, from either point of view. Brilliant!

Speaking of not getting it though, someone mentioned the triangle; did I miss a reference there or did I just forget too much of my Zelda lore?

masterlink87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages masterlink87
sgtgreeneusmc wrote:Seriously, this is one of the best shirts I've seen on Woot for some time! The mix of classic art with pop culture that allows you to feel superior to anyone who doesn't "get" it, from either point of view. Brilliant!

Speaking of not getting it though, someone mentioned the triangle; did I miss a reference there or did I just forget too much of my Zelda lore?

The Triforce- Power (Ganondorf), Wisdom (Zelda), and Courage (Link).

anyone4tennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anyone4tennis

I played a bit of Link but never did rescue Zelda. What is the significance of the blue gem and broken pot? And the octopus figures in the top third?

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

I didn't know either.
Still didn't know much about it.
so I did the google thing and found
wiki page

cheers

ed. to make link the main zelda page and not Link's link

mysticeden

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mysticeden
anyone4tennis wrote:I played a bit of Link but never did rescue Zelda. What is the significance of the blue gem and broken pot? And the octopus figures in the top third?

You break pots in the game, some of them have gems, rupees aka money. the octopus is an enemy.

mysticeden

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mysticeden

I love Zelda, but somehow Zelda and Greek pottery isn't doing it for me. Pass.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
anyone4tennis wrote:I played a bit of Link but never did rescue Zelda. What is the significance of the blue gem and broken pot? And the octopus figures in the top third?

Blue is in game $, forget denomination. Pots can be broken and used to hurt enemies. Those squid are annoying ranged enemies who duck under the water when you get close to hitting them.

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

Link has a bird on his shield. I would think that is a reference to Skyward Swords's Loftwings, but maybe not, it looks a bit like an owl (aka Athena's owl).

Anyone make out what the reference there is?

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate

Either the three children of link and zelda, or three friends (one being a descendent):
Each gain a piece of the triforce.
The oldest brother becomes evil, but with wisdom, and gains courage to change the world from the sister.
Now having two pieces of the tri-force, he must gain the one thing that he has desired the most: Power. Except that the youngest brother has it, and is too wimpy to use it,(having no courage).
Through the story, our main protagonist gains some courage and unlocks powers within himself.
Yes, throwing boulders is just the beginning. Fireballs, etc.
Don't wanna mess with the new Link (or links descendent)

fr0st1cus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fr0st1cus

Well done indeed. Except one issue....

Why include the stupid fairy. I have always hated that winged blue ball.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

Hey! Listen!
(someone had to say it)

I am so torn. I love Greek myths and pottery type things. I love Legend of Zelda. But I have 3 drawers already full of t-shirts. What to do? what to do?

fr0st1cus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fr0st1cus

Her voice echoes in my head... Make it stop.

mac0285

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mac0285

On the subject of Zelda and music, an artist name Theophany recently released a free album in tribute to Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask which I highly recommend checking out.
A song on the album:
youtube.com/watch?v=xS5cPxTpsng
The album's site:
terriblefate.com

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate

Ok, I've got a better idea than before. Where one can choose to play any one of the three characters of the tri force. This way, girls will be interested.
The other two choices would be between goody link, or evil Ganondwarf.
I guess women don't have a choice after all.....OK I am a mean troll.

llocutus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages llocutus
Orcrist42 wrote:Link has a bird on his shield. I would think that is a reference to Skyward Swords's Loftwings, but maybe not, it looks a bit like an owl (aka Athena's owl).

Anyone make out what the reference there is?

Perhaps they're referencing the owl from OOT that gives you advice.

cedar1079

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cedar1079
unknownwarrior33 wrote:"The Legend of Zelda." Ganondorf, Zelda, and Link are the main characters.

EDIT: Characters listed clockwise from the top. Ganondorf (sometimes Ganon) is the main villain, Zelda is the princes, and Link is the hero.

I guess time flows backwards in some places. Either that or Link is a woman.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Wow, beautiful work. As a fan of Zelda and Greek art I'm floored by the perfect styling.

So bought.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Words... they fail me.

XterraGuy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages XterraGuy

This is entirely too geeky for me. I didn't get it, and even with the explanation that it's Zelda-related, I still don't get it.

khonrichan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages khonrichan

I think this is the fastest I've bought a shirt on woot.

Wonderful job.

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey
safyrejet wrote:Hey! Listen!
(someone had to say it)

I am so torn. I love Greek myths and pottery type things. I love Legend of Zelda. But I have 3 drawers already full of t-shirts. What to do? what to do?

Try getting one of those "T-shirt frames" which turn your T-shirt into a poster on your wall?

pegtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegtor

'Scuse me I need to go listen to Saria's song from OOC...

jai151

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jai151
unknownwarrior33 wrote:Ganondorf (sometimes Ganon) is the main villain

Ganon and Ganondorf are linked but distinct. Ganondorf is the "human" form, Ganon is the pig beast-man form.

mthoodrue

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mthoodrue
blanked wrote:Blue is in game $, forget denomination. Pots can be broken and used to hurt enemies. Those squid are annoying ranged enemies who duck under the water when you get close to hitting them.

Blue gem was $5, if memory serves me correct... for being almost 30 years ago...

shaikt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaikt
safyrejet wrote:

4 drawers?

Seriously though, I have the same problem with t-shirts now, mostly as a result of this site.