moldiemom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moldiemom

House had an episode in 2004 called "Occam's Razor", Scrubs was in 2007 per Wikipedia.

shaikt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaikt

I was hoping for a more complex design...

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui
Get smarter friends.
Really, who hasn't heard of Occam's razor? It was even in the Simpsons long ago.

*meekly raises hand*

But then, I rarely watch TV, and when I do, it's pretty much only Discover or History or such... and even that is getting rarer these days.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

hak426

quality posts: 12 Private Messages hak426
Lowerone wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

I didn't get it

I didn't either. If you have to explain your tee to somebody, it isn't worth wearing if you ask me. Like a good joke, it is either funny or not. Explaining it takes the humor right out of it. Unless you're an uber-geek surrounded by more uber-geeks, this one isn't any good.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

The simplest answer to the question "What is Occam's Razor" is "Google it."

In many customer and engineering debugs I have worked on, Occam's Razor has been cited directly or indirectly. It is a frequently useful though not conclusive technique.

riddley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddley
mattschuette wrote:Tell them "maybe a shirt about a razor is just a shirt about a razor" and leave it at that.

Yeah. That would be the simplest explanation, wouldn't it?

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
timerider wrote:Get smarter friends.
Really, who hasn't heard of Occam's razor? It was even in the Simpsons long ago.

as far as i know i have never heard of Occam's Razor, i have no clue what its about and to be honest if i have to go google something just to understand it then im not going to buy it and wear it.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
hak426 wrote:I didn't either. If you have to explain your tee to somebody, it isn't worth wearing if you ask me. Like a good joke, it is either funny or not. Explaining it takes the humor right out of it. Unless you're an uber-geek surrounded by more uber-geeks, this one isn't any good.

A fair point - I'd submit that part of the special appeal of some references is the inherent exclusivity - like wearing a throwback logo cap that the casual team fan doesn't recognize but the true diehards do. Particularly if it is a fake product/company shirt that remains fairly inconspicuous (more like the plethora of pinatas shirt, less like Cat in the Box).

Just my opinion though!

skykomish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skykomish

Thanks so much for making this shirt. This is my mantra. I feel like you made this just for me. (And no I didn't learn about it from Scrubs -never seen it- or Contact)

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 2m 4.008s
First Sucker: slayerrice
Last Wooter to Woot: biglobedwelder
Last Purchase: a minute ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 44% of Shirt Woots
Top 37% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 1438

First day sales 1438
First day posts 48

bullygrrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bullygrrl

Great design and great shirt, too bad it was printed slightly off center. Motif was screened on shirt 1/2" from design ctr but could have been visually centered to 1". The effect is rather distracting.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bullygrrl wrote:Great design and great shirt, too bad it was printed slightly off center. Motif was screened on shirt 1/2" from design ctr but could have been visually centered to 1". The effect is rather distracting.

Sorry for the problems. Be sure to email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hmglass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hmglass
Harui wrote:*meekly raises hand*

But then, I rarely watch TV, and when I do, it's pretty much only Discover or History or such... and even that is getting rarer these days.

Um. You haven't seen the movie Contact? If you haven't, you need to watch it.

zofer11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zofer11

Occams Razor is about simplicity,a great description is: When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.”

This is also why the first thing a computer tech asks when someone calls because they can't boot up is "Please make sure your computer is plugged in.........?
I ♡ Occam

Whoops I did it again : /

kgboss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgboss

Don't know if this is on every shirt or not since I'm a first time woot shirt purchaser, but the tag says "Do not wear on legs". Had me a good laugh, especially since it says the same thing in the description here.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kgboss wrote:Don't know if this is on every shirt or not since I'm a first time woot shirt purchaser, but the tag says "Do not wear on legs". Have me a good laugh, especially since it says the same thing in the description here.

We have to look out for our wooters. They're a special bunch.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders