jeffisclassic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffisclassic

I've had my Cube for 7-8 years now, and after all it's been through (and all the time I spent learning how to solve it quickly), the stickers just naturally look this way now. If the "Solved It" text wasn't there, I would have just assumed it was a well-loved, oft-used cube.

logicape

quality posts: 3 Private Messages logicape
gideonfrost wrote:I learned how to solve this and it's both a blessing and a curse. Now I can never leave one unsolved. Also people at work think I'm a genius so that's good too.

I too now suffer from the curse of not allowing one to go unsolved. And people of my work think I'm a dork instead of a genius. :-/

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots

I used to get paper cuts under my fingernails from peeling the stickers off to solve the cube. I did this mostly to frustrate my little sister who never could solve it. I think she was only 5 at the time, though, so I guess I was kind of a jerky little kid.

Thanks, everyone for the comments and whatnot.

StarWeb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StarWeb

While I could solve this as a kid (and still can now), the only reason to peel the stickers is to make a cube unsolvable. I had an annoying friend who was always proud of the fact that he could solve the cube very quickly. SO the only time I peeled off the stickers was to put them on in the wrong places, so he couldn't solve it. Drove him nuts!

jouvamoufette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jouvamoufette
jeffisclassic wrote:I've had my Cube for 7-8 years now, and after all it's been through (and all the time I spent learning how to solve it quickly), the stickers just naturally look this way now. If the "Solved It" text wasn't there, I would have just assumed it was a well-loved, oft-used cube.

I'm VERY rough on mine when I've used it, so it's probably more like 3 years old now, and it's got lots of wear and tear on it. I've lost the green center piece. I think I need a new one.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
StarWeb wrote:While I could solve this as a kid (and still can now), the only reason to peel the stickers is to make a cube unsolvable. I had an annoying friend who was always proud of the fact that he could solve the cube very quickly. SO the only time I peeled off the stickers was to put them on in the wrong places, so he couldn't solve it. Drove him nuts!

That's awesome.

yduras

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yduras

I was another one who pried it apart. It was less a measure of frustration than a general habit of taking things apart to see how they worked.

(I also dis- and re-assembled my barbie dolls, much to the horror of the adults who provided them. Well, ok, it was really the barbiepede that got the negative reaction... )

shaikt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaikt

My uncle who lives in Germany got me their version of the Rubik's cube. It was white, with the colors painted on. So, while there weren't stickers to peel off, it happened to be a lot easier to pry apart. Not that I ever did.

harleygal14

quality posts: 2 Private Messages harleygal14
jeffisclassic wrote:I've had my Cube for 7-8 years now, and after all it's been through (and all the time I spent learning how to solve it quickly), the stickers just naturally look this way now. If the "Solved It" text wasn't there, I would have just assumed it was a well-loved, oft-used cube.

Agreed, I thought it was a well loved cube as well until I saw the text. Too bad because my rubix cube looks like this and I've never taken the stickers off. Would have been perfect for me. Too bad you can't get it with and without the text.

Tralornik

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Tralornik

I gotta say, this shirt design totally cracked me up!

VERY tempted.

uhiforgot

quality posts: 8 Private Messages uhiforgot

I know it's a detail like this that makes a shirt look good, but the math nerd in me can't help but be a bit unsettled by the fact that the CENTER squares on each side were peeled off. They rotate, yes, but they don't actually go anywhere. Seems like a lot of unnecessary work...

gadgetgirl88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gadgetgirl88
yduras wrote:I was another one who pried it apart. It was less a measure of frustration than a general habit of taking things apart to see how they worked.

(I also dis- and re-assembled my barbie dolls, much to the horror of the adults who provided them. Well, ok, it was really the barbiepede that got the negative reaction... )

I also took mine apart and still love taking things apart. I'm pretty sure I did the Barbie thing too, but the Barbiepede, now that's scary! I bet you like those human centipede movies, don't ya? Ok, I do too...

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Remember the Rubik's Pyramid? I used to love that one too.

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid
terminatorgir wrote:We already know which people think they are better than everyone. They don't need a shirt that says it.

Lol. QFT.

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid
lichme wrote:Everybody knows that the center of the cube has the right colors on it already, and don't need to be moved.

That's a really good point and bothers me a lot for some reason. I don't mind if you want to cheat on a Rubik's cube, but for God sake's don't be stupid about it.

kingdomkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingdomkey

This Shirt tells the world: I doesn't believe in the no-win scenario.

freebird7100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freebird7100

This solution always made me feel sooo smart! LOL

Sinkerhawk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sinkerhawk

It's fairly easy once you memorize the few steps involved. I learned to solve it from memory in a couple of hours via Youtube. I've moved up to the 7-layer V-cube since then and even it is pretty easy. The cubes with the even number of rows are harder (since the centers can wander).

Symbolic2007

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Symbolic2007

All the labels? All of them?! Screw that. I always just tore the thing apart and then reassembled it correctly. Way less time and you can't even tell once it's done. That last corner block is a pain in the butt, though.

Metal is awesome, it's super-powerful and emotional, but at the end of the day we're dudes with long hair and guitars going "RAAAAAR!" -Devin Townsend

hkeibard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hkeibard
kevlar51 wrote:It's a funny shirt folks, not really meant to be an instruction manual.

And text seals the deal much more than you could imagine.

I agree. Lighten up Wooters. It is funny. And based on a good number of comments here, I can't wait to start tickin' people off by wearing it. Bought! ... even with the cruddy tee color.

jeannefromnc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeannefromnc

bahahahahah this is so how my sister and I would do it! We had a cousin though that would solve it in no time flat! He did the ones that followed just as easily! You can get them for $1 at Michaels.

publicart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages publicart

Hahaha, I definitely did this to a rubix cube as a kid...

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Saw the title before the design and guessed it might be a Rubik's reference. My son has been constantly solving his cube these last couple of weeks so the timing was spot on.

DarthNinja

quality posts: 10 Private Messages DarthNinja

The text should have been "Think outside the cube".
Would have totally bought one.

Bog of carp anyone?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 30.226s
First Sucker: punjabisikh90
Last Wooter to Woot: aladdin17
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 46% of Shirt Woots
Top 34% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 1866

First day sales 1866
First day posts 63

madkaugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madkaugh
blanked wrote:You do realize that that clip is backwards, right? They solved nothing.

The audio suggests that you are wrong. YouTube has the video posted in reverse, and the audio on that also suggests that you are wrong.

Solving the cube is not really that hard, if you study a guide book. There are many people who can solve it in under a minute. Manipulating an object with your feet is not that difficult, it just takes practice. I don't know how Jamie does it with a blindfold, but it doesn't seem to be more of a stretch than any stage trick. My guess is he has some sort of tactile indication of which color is on each face. So that they actually did it seems entirely plausable.

deadmansbell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deadmansbell
DianaSprinkle wrote:Ha ha ha, yeah I also just popped the pieces out and reassembled the cube. Though that's just as bad for the toy as taking the stickers off and slowly the cube pieces would fall out without much effort...

actually, people who compete in rubik's cube completions all take their cubes apart to sand/lubricate them so they turn quickly and smoothly xD

When I was in high school one of my friends taught a group of us how to solve it and then fixed our cubes so we could practice solving it as fast as possible.

Peaty

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Peaty

I was thinking the same thing, my daughter has taken a liking to the cube and that's what her's looks like now just from practicing and learning how to solve it.

She really loves the shirt, wears it all the time! Her best time to solve the cube is 1min 30sec

Peaty

150+ Woots and no signs of stopping...