6%
3%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Sweet! Soooo thrilled this printed! Can't wait to get it, I know I'll be getting lots of compliments on it!

Congratulations walmazan!!

Dwass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Dwass

That's so Raven.

[size=18][color=red]Я царь woot в России![/color][/size]

lonelypond

quality posts: 422 Private Messages lonelypond
Dwass wrote:That's so Raven.

And I pause for laughter (and the theme song in my head)

Back to commenting: textured and raw, a vivid interpretation that brings something new to an over quoted poem.*

*Try The Bells, people, or Annabel Lee if you have a Poe moment. Mix it up : ) And now I've just visualized a walmazan Poe series...ah well.

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

Walmazan is usually known for those fun, goofy shirts that make you smile, and I love those.

But I love the stylistic nature of this shirt and the simple, subtle reference to my one of my favorite poems. Congrats Wences!

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456

It's a bad poem. Why in the hell are so many people gaga over it and why has it spawned so many damned raven shirts? (I like ravens, but there is a limit)

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

Yay, a Superbowl shirt!

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Black, white, and re(a)d all over? Yup, I think that describes both The Raven and this shirt quite nicely.

Beautiful work, Walmazan. I haven't had an insta-buy in a looooong time, but this broke my dry spell.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

I love the somewhat mod feel to this design. Leave it to wotto to come up with a new twist on a classic Poe piece.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

This would be a really great poster. One of the most artistically cool designs I've seen here in a long time.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
xxchange wrote:This would be a really great poster. One of the most artistically cool designs I've seen here in a long time.

^ this! please listen woot and make this print into a poster pleeeeeease!

that was fun while it lasted!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I love the use of mid-century graphic design to depict a mid-century poem of the previous century. Very striking, with a boldness that is subtle by virtue of its simplicity. (And I'm another one who would be down for a poster!)

Great design; congratulations on the print, Wences!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Krisis86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Krisis86

Hmm...I just started at a new college. Do you think if I wear this shirt, my Literary Criticisms teacher would give me an automatic A? We are doing a unit on Poe...

Decisions, decisions.

norcalbecca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages norcalbecca
bpr2 wrote:^ this! please listen woot and make this print into a poster pleeeeeease!

Agreed!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
lonelypond wrote:And I pause for laughter (and the theme song in my head)

Back to commenting: textured and raw, a vivid interpretation that brings something new to an over quoted poem.*

*Try The Bells, people, or Annabel Lee if you have a Poe moment. Mix it up : ) And now I've just visualized a walmazan Poe series...ah well.

The bells is more annoying then the raven, even though you don't hear it as much. As for Annabel, er, it feels like walking in on people in a compromising pose.
I prefer conquerer worm.

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0

I have a cardinal in my neighborhood that likes to look at his reflection in my window. I snapped a picture of him. Unfortunately it's a cardinal and not a raven/crow. Still sort of looks like this shirt.

sucker4crap

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sucker4crap

Two windows available to "customize" too!

jenastaire

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jenastaire
Krisis86 wrote:Hmm...I just started at a new college. Do you think if I wear this shirt, my Literary Criticisms teacher would give me an automatic A? We are doing a unit on Poe...

Decisions, decisions.

No automatic A, sadly. The raven in the poem sits atop a bust -- lit professors are all over the details.

BUT, beautiful design! I agree that it's the most artistic we've seen in awhile.

acraigl

quality posts: 43 Private Messages acraigl

Great design. Clever and subtle, yet an obvious reference. Not an easy trick to pull off. Well done.

starsapph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starsapph
Reclaimer456 wrote:It's a bad poem. Why in the hell are so many people gaga over it and why has it spawned so many damned raven shirts? (I like ravens, but there is a limit)

Totally agree.

pegtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegtor
bluejester wrote:Walmazan is usually known for those fun, goofy shirts that make you smile, and I love those.

But I love the stylistic nature of this shirt and the simple, subtle reference to my one of my favorite poems. Congrats Wences!

Indeed, the subtle but easly understandable way it goes is great!

brainylike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brainylike

No Lombardi trophy?

valianteffort

quality posts: 29 Private Messages valianteffort

I think I get this shirt. The Raven symbolizes the world champion Baltimore Ravens while the Pac-Man ghost eyes in the other window symbolize the San Francisco 49ers, who just got beaten in the Super Bowl by the Ravens.

niftyfifty

quality posts: 14 Private Messages niftyfifty

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore". In for two :0)

dupedyetagain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dupedyetagain
Reclaimer456 wrote:It's a bad poem. Why in the hell are so many people gaga over it and why has it spawned so many damned raven shirts? (I like ravens, but there is a limit)

Actually, it's a great poem. Why the hell aren't you gaga over it? It deserves a plethora (a PLETHORA!) of damned raven shirts. There is no limit.

yawnmama

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yawnmama
JadenKale wrote:I love the somewhat mod feel to this design. Leave it to wotto to come up with a new twist on a classic Poe piece.

Wotto you talking about? Walmazan's the man with the plan.

hilarybromell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hilarybromell

you guuuuuuys, i don't get the Williams reference.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
JadenKale wrote:I love the somewhat mod feel to this design. Leave it to wotto to come up with a new twist on a classic Poe piece.

Wait...what?
I didn't know Wotto had a hand in this design?

What is the meaning of this? Explain yourself madam!
:D

move along

claren44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claren44

The design is beautiful, and the description is Classic Williams! Color me Floored! I'm in.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

It's like a window to my tell tale heart...

naymarie33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naymarie33

As a Steelers fan, I could never wear this, ha ha. But I have to congratulate you on a great design regardless!

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

congrats Wences!!

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

I think the raven said "Winter is coming". Appropriate message for today up here in the northeast.

pfffft!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow

This is awesome. This is the perfect shirt for art majors to wear around all their Nevermore wearing English major friends.

geoffreysteinman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages geoffreysteinman
cdrewlow wrote:This is awesome. This is the perfect shirt for art majors to wear around all their Nevermore wearing English major friends.

I don't know, i still like my original Nevermore shirt (which has somehow still not been reckoned, nearly 5 years later.)

werekong

quality posts: 7 Private Messages werekong

Impulse buying??.......nevermore...nevermore.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Gorgeous and classy. Great work Wences. Breaks my heart that this can't be on AA...

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
cdrewlow wrote:This is awesome. This is the perfect shirt for art majors to wear around all their Nevermore wearing English major friends.

No English major worth his salt would wear Nevermore given how it butchered the poem up. :P

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal
Krisis86 wrote:Hmm...I just started at a new college. Do you think if I wear this shirt, my Literary Criticisms teacher would give me an automatic A? We are doing a unit on Poe...

Decisions, decisions.

Only if your new college is UVA.

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

ahpagano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahpagano

I have checked out the sizing chart but I am not buying for myself and am stuck between men's XL and 2X. Woot shirts tend to run hipster-ly small-ish, right?