timbredesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timbredesign
uncannyman wrote:Boy that's a lie. And I've got a degree in physics, I should know!

it bores you??????????

harobikes333

quality posts: 2 Private Messages harobikes333
Cryosplyntr wrote:It is known that this is not the appropriate picture for the Bohr model, right?

Its actually a Rutherford atom.

Just sayin... I can't be wearing this around my department without getting yelled at.

My thoughts exactly >_< !

Rutherford is much harder to rhyme a joke to though I suppose...

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 2m 4.334s
First Sucker: mpennin718
Last Wooter to Woot: renquist
Last Purchase: 3 minutes ago

First day sales 1291 AA & Anvil
First day posts 41

matate99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matate99
Cryosplyntr wrote:It is known that this is not the appropriate picture for the Bohr model, right?

Its actually a Rutherford atom.

Just sayin... I can't be wearing this around my department without getting yelled at.

My thoughts as well. While the Bohr model is not as interesting looking from a design perspective, I would have gotten it if it had the right model.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
matate99 wrote:My thoughts as well. While the Bohr model is not as interesting looking from a design perspective, I would have gotten it if it had the right model.

Thanks for the comment - I am always interested to know this - as a designer you usually are trying to judge what the larger group of physics fans would prefer, and you always assume that any design you make may not please ALL the people. .

Most people, in my opinion, rank the aesthetics highly and in my case I chose to illustrate the way I did because that familiar model relates to physics, not so much because it relates to 'Bohr' specifically. In that sense, I would submit there's nothing inaccurate about the shirt at all. It's a joke about 'Physics' and not 'Bohr' exclusively.

adw3345

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adw3345

T-shirt as worn by Mrs. ADW3345 - an actual real-life physicst.

-ADW3345